my own hypocrisy.
我忽略自己的怯懦
I ignored my own cowardice,
随便隐藏在...
conveniently hiding behind a position
一场政♥治♥妥协的背后
of political compromise.
为了什么
And for what?
为了保住匮乏的财富 和所有人都渴望的地位
To retain the meager wealth and rank that men desire.
所以我以一个罪人的姿态出现在您面前
So I come before you a condemned man
是要最终向不公 提出抗♥议♥
for having finally stood up to injustice.
我感到廉耻和后悔
My shame and regret
因为在下旨到我家的时候
is that I failed to do so
我没能及时抗♥议♥
before it arrived in my own court.
我们提供军队
We supply the armies,
我们修建道路
we build the roads,
我们雇佣国人
we employ the nation.
但是 就算我们金库亏空 自♥由♥受损
Still, we remain silent while our coffers are emptied
我们也忍♥气吞声
and our freedoms eroded.
很多时候 我们都对不公无能为力
There will be times where we are powerless to injustice,
但没有哪次
but there must never be a time
我们不作出抗♥议♥
when we fail to protest.
此人 盖扎·莫特
This man, Gezza Mott,
是不断壮大毒瘤
is a cancer, growing.
唯一的疗法就是完全切除
And the only proper thing to do is to cut it out.
你们都知道我指什么
You all know what I speak of.
你们每个人都受到过...
Each one of you has been subjected
他的勒索
to his extortion.
但是我的话不是对同僚的批判
But my words are not in judgment of my fellow noblemen,
而是警告
they are a warning.
我请求你们三思而后行
I urge you to consider what you are doing,
因为我们这是在助纣为虐
for we are helping this man
帮助他约束我们自己
to forge the very chains that bind us.
所以我才来承认...我最真的罪行
Which brings me to the confession of my true crime,
以便恢复我的名誉
so that I may redeem my honor.
我的罪行
My crime
仅仅是没能趁机杀死...
is only that I failed to kill Gezza Mott
盖扎·莫特
when I had the chance.
几百年来 在我家族规则的管辖下 大家都相安无事
We have enjoyed hundreds of years of peace under my family's rule.
我们用秩序 镇♥压♥混沌
We brought order where there was chaos,
和平都是建立在战争和流血之上
peace where there was nothing but war and bloodshed.
我的子民都接受自己的角色
My subjects accept their roles,
知道自己的远大理想
content in the knowledge they serve the greater good.
如果你以为你的话语 能打动同僚的话
If you think your words will move your fellow noblemen to dissent,
那你就想错了
then you're sorely misled.
你准备好接受我的判决 恢复你的名誉了吗
Are you prepared to receive my judgment and regain your honor?
我只打算接受您的判决
I am prepared to receive your judgment,
我的名誉还在
but my honor is intact.
你敢在圣上面前顶嘴
You dare to contradict the word of the Emperor?
你所有家眷将被驱逐出境
All those in your house shall be evicted from your lands.
巴托家族不复存在
The Bartok clan is no more.
而你要为自己的狂妄付出巨大的代价
And your delusions of self require more extreme measures.
由于你藐视朝廷戒律 犯下罪过
Your crime and defiance to the ordinances of the capital
你将要用自己的人头来赎罪
shall be repaid with nothing less than your head.
-你不能这样做 -放肆 不许辱骂圣上
-You cannot do this! -How dare you address the Emperor directly!
主公 这样的判决对贵族来说 史无前例啊
My Lord, a judgment of this kind is unprecedented for a nobleman.
这种傲慢绝不能忍♥受
This display of arrogance cannot go unanswered.
你有何高见
What do you suggest?
巴托勋爵 既然你的指挥官 对你忠心不二
Your Commander is fiercely loyal to you, Lord Bartok.
所以这样做再合适不过了
And so it is fitting
你将死在...他的剑下
that you should meet your end by his sword.
胆敢抗命者
Should you refuse the order,
巴托家族将一并处死
all of Lord Bartok's blood relations shall be executed as well.
-摄政王 -第一内阁大臣
-Minister! -First Council,
圣上已经发话
the word of the Emperor has been spoken.
指挥官
Commander!
放行
Let him pass.
-动手吧 -不
-You will do this. -No.
我已经死了
I'm already dead.
我情愿陪你死 也不会看你死
I will take death at your side rather than participate in this spectacle.
我知道你会这么做
I know you will,
但这样对我们有什么用
but how will that serve us?
主公
My Lord...
-我不忍♥心 -事已如此
-I cannot do this. -It's already done.
想想接下来的结果吧
Think only of what follows.
我们的家族就靠你了
The spirit of our clan will endure through you.
雷顿指挥官
Commander Raiden!
圣上不是要求你自行决定
The Emperor's word is not a request that requires your decision.
记住了 雷顿
Remember this, Raiden,
荣耀的伤口
the wounds of honor
是自找的
are self-inflicted.
拔剑吧
Draw your sword.
主公
My Lord...
-求你了 -指挥官
-please. -Commander...
拔剑吧
draw your sword.
你献身于骑士道 是不是
Your devotion to the code is absolute, is it not?
-是的 主公 -那么 作为你的主公
-Yes, My Lord. -Then, as your lord and master,
我命令你执行命令
I order you to complete this duty.
从现在起
From this moment on,
不要再为自己的所作所为 感到悲伤
be no more grieved about what you have done.
平息这些窃窃私语 将会需要很长时间
This will quiet any whispers of dissent for quite some time.
对雷顿指挥官 我们必须先发制人
We must deal with Commander Raiden with a quick and firm hand.
是出于你的私心还是为了 我们主人的权益
Do you offer this for our master's benefit or your own?
你没看到他是如何站在你的 前面的吗 他是凶残的狗
Did you see how he stood before you? He's a rabid dog, that one.
我们通过士兵对他们长官的 绝对忠诚来控制士兵
We control the warriors through their absolute loyalty to their masters.
你觉得如果我们通过
How do you think two million of them would react
他们中的一个来证实 忠诚的重要性
if we eliminated one of their own for exemplifying...
-他们将会有何反应 -要是他企图复仇的话呢
-the virtue of loyalty? -What if he should seek vengeance?
不能动他
He is not to be touched.
已经有太多的反对的声音 想要伺机行事
There are already too many disavowed looking for a reason to act.
如果你有真凭实据来证明 他真的会侵犯了你
If you come upon real proof that he intends to move against you,
我会宣布他的死刑 但是在这之前不行
then I will order his death. But not until then.
-明白了吗 -是的 皇上 在这之前
-Is that understood? -Yes, Master. Until then.
我是否应该考虑将巴托家族流放
Shall I see to the eviction and the subsequent dispensing of the Bartok lands?
土地应该平分
The lands should be divided equally
这样才不会令一个个贵族 感到不满
so as not to favor one nobleman over another.
当然 但是这时候我不会
Of course. But I will not bother
用这些细节问题来烦我的主人
our master with the details at this time.
我会试着自己解决
I will attend to it myself.
你当然会的
I'm certain you will.
皇上 你必须小心盖扎·莫特
You must keep aware of the Minister, My Lord.
我知道你不信任 盖扎·莫特
I know you do not approve of Gezza Mott,
但是他的野心和贪婪 非常符合我的要求
but his ambition and greed serve my interests well.
是的 皇上
Yes, My Lord.
汉娜
Hannah.
父亲
Father.
奥古斯特 我听说你这一季 获得了大丰收
Auguste! I hear your crops were plentiful this season.
是的 没错
Yes, they were.
那么这证明了
So the lands I took and gave over to you
我们第一次见面的时候 我分配给你的土地是非常肥沃的
proved sufficient in replacing the dying ones you had when we first met?
是的
They have.
很好
Perfect.
现在告诉我 你认识巴托领主
Now tell me, you knew Lord Bartok.
你对他的家臣有什么认识
What do you know of his retainer?
我并不是那么了解巴托 尽管我们打过交道
I did not know Bartok that well, though we had a few dealings.
而你提到的这个人 我只是 从流言中听到过
As to this Raiden, I only know of him through rumor.
他过去的残暴故事
Tales of his violent past.
你跟他曾经见过面 你对他 的评价如何
You spent time with him. What is your assessment?
如果他放手的话我会很 震惊的
I would be shocked if he were to let this go.
我要的是你派一千人 来我这里
I ask that you send me a thousand of your men
保护我 直到这件事情结束
to increase my security until this is over with.
-一千 -是的
-A thousand? -Yes.
-这可是我的兵力一半还多 -你有的一切都是因为我
-That is more than half my retainer. -All of whom you have because of me.
你是不是想要回到 我跟你女儿结婚之前