恶魔是存在的
但他们数量太少 不足以构成真正的危险
更危险的 是不经质疑就愿意相信和行动的
那些普通人 和公务人员
-普里莫·莱维
几年前 当时我正要报道一个
Some years ago, as I was about to go on the air
关于萨尔维亚前总统
with a back story about the formative days
萨拉·布朗揭秘
早期的一个传闻
of Slobodan Milosevic in Serbia,
我的制片人突然告诉我说 有一个实习生
my producer came up to me and said that an intern
亲自对传闻的真实性进行了深入调查
had taken it upon herself to fact-check the story,
并且发现了其中的一个矛盾点
and had discovered a discrepancy.
当时 我没有选择生气
Well, rather than get angry
毕竟再过五分钟就要进行报导了
five minutes before the broadcast,
我说 很好 叫她过来
I said, well, you know, bring her here.
我要亲自见见她
I want to meet her right now.
欧尼去了 过了一会儿 他回来了
Well, Ernie took off and a moment later he came back,
后面跟着一个22岁的乔治城大学毕业生
and following him was this 22-year-old Georgetown graduate.
一个实习生
It was the intern.
扎着油腻的马尾辫
Her hair was done up in a greasy ponytail.
她登上台 走到灯光底下
She stepped onstage, into the light
挡住了照在我脸上的舞台光
that's supposed to wrap my face, okay?
她伸出的手 我有些惊讶地和她握了手
She stuck out her hand, and in shock I shook it.
接着 她露出了一副自以为是的笑容
She gave me this knowing grin,
你还记得你当时对我说了什么吗
and do you remember what you said to me?
当然 记忆犹新呢
Of course I remember.
我说 初次相识 我叫萨拉·布朗
I said we've never met, but my name is Sara Brown
而且你绝对不会后悔听到我待会要说的事
and you're gonna want to hear what I have to tell you next.
辛加尔山
伊♥拉♥克♥北部
你得戴上头罩 车程有点远
You'll be blindfolded and the drive will be long.
你有20分钟时间来采访拉阿尔 不多不少
You'll have exactly 20 minutes with Ra'ar,
如果一切进展顺利
and if all goes as planned,
我们在大概13个小时后就能回到巴格达
be back in Baghdad roughly 13 hours.
希望一切顺利
If all goes as planned.
希望一切顺利
If all goes as planned.
谢谢
Thank you.
沙漠里下雨
Rain in the desert.
一定是你的幸运日
Must be your lucky day.
旅途愉快
Have fun.
萨米尔
Samir.
我的口袋里
My pocket.
有打火机
The lighter.
萨米尔
Samir.
你错过了
You missed it.
阿巴里斯一家人都走了
The Abaris have moved on,
带着他们那些等着被♥操♥的女人们
taking with them their all-you-can-rape buffet.
有些挺容易搞定的
Some was easy.
但有些女人和小孩
The women and children, they fled
逃跑到山上
up the mountain on foot
去向她们的孔雀天使祈求仁慈
to pray for mercy from their peacock god.
太可笑了
That was interesting.
你知道吗 在亚述帝国时期
Did you know that since Assyrian times,
他们的信仰里禁止他们写作
their faith forbids them to write?
你连他们最初的信仰是什么都不知道吧
Do you even know what faith they were originally?
我给你一个提示
I'll give you a hint.
他们不是什叶派教♥徒♥
They weren't Shiite.
他们比基♥督♥教♥徒♥更悲哀
They're sorrier than Christians.
如果你认为他们是拜火教♥徒♥
And if you thought that were Zoroastrianists,
你也答错了
you'd be wrong as well.
他们是撒旦崇拜者
They were Satanists.
前伊♥斯♥兰♥教恶魔的崇拜者
Pre-Islamic devil worshipers.
在代代人口中美化 故事演变发展
Then in good old oral tradition, so the story goes,
传说在亚述帝国时期的辛加尔山上
in Assyrian times at the top of Mount Sinjar
有座孔雀天使神庙
stood the temple of Melek.
而如今 就算我们今天生活在一个着迷的
Now, even if this cosmogonic-infatuated world
宇宙神学世界 孔雀天使依旧象征着恶魔
we live in today, Melek would be considered the devil.
但是以前 孔雀天使仅代表着帝王
But back then, Melek translated meant simply king.
不像上帝
And unlike God,
孔雀天使不会在星期日接受你的祭祀
Melek did not want your donations on a Sunday.
最不同的是
And really unlike God,
孔雀天使才他妈不理会这些信徒呢
Melek could not give a fuck about your prayers.
孔雀天使想看的只有这些亚兹迪人的恐惧
No, what Melek wanted from the Yazidis was their fear.
对于亚兹迪人来说 上帝无处不在
And to the Yazidis, as far as God goes,
上帝可以是任何事物
God was anyone or anything
只要能让他们被孔雀天使得到解放就行
that could deliver them from Melek.
比起我们今天听到的一些废话
Now, doesn't that sound more real to life
这听起不是更有实际意义吗
than all other bullshit we hear today, huh?
你没有必要这么做
You don't have to do this.
我有钱
I have my own money.
我可以给你钱
I can take you to it.
说真的 阿萨德 我非常尊敬你
Respectfully, Asad, and I do respect you,
你是个好人
you are a good pro,
但如果你真的有能让我眼前一亮的财产
but why would you still be in this pissed-in sandbox asshole end
为什么你还苟活在这个究极肮脏的世界里呢
of the world if you had any amount of money I gave a shit about?
我给你70万元
Tens of thousands of dollars.
-阿萨德 听着 -英镑
- Asad, hey! - Sterling.
不 不 不 阿萨德 你不懂
No, no, no, Asad, you don't understand.
就你这点钱 我屁都不想对它们放一个
I don't give a shit about this pitiful sum of money.
我不在乎 对我来说 更有价值的是
No, far more valuable to me is seeing what happens
看到那些想偷我钱的人
to people who try to rip off my money drop,
和他们家人会受到怎样的惩罚
and to their families.
不关我儿子的事
Not my son.
对 你的儿子
Hey, yes your son.
如果你想要现金 你应该去偷
If you needed cash, you should have stolen
美♥国♥佬♥或德国佬的
from the Americans or the Germans,
而且还得像学俄♥国♥佬那样把整件事瞒过去
and lied about it like the Russians.
求求你 别杀我儿子
No, no, no, no, no, no, my son.
这不是你的错
Hey, it's not your fault.
你并不知道亚兹迪的秘密
You did not know the Yazidi secret.
我也不知道 因为它从来没被记载下来
Neither did I, because it's never been written anywhere.
只能小小声地悄悄告诉你
Has to be whispered to you.
直接去见证 去亲身经历不是更好吗
It's far better for you to see it and to experience it.
要我小声告诉你吗
Shall I whisper it to you?
他来了
He's here.
爸爸
Baba!
阿萨德 笑一个
Asad, smile.
我们在录像
You're on camera.
不要说话 闭嘴
Don't talk, don't talk.
♪ 划 划 划小船 ♪
♪ Row, row, row your boat ♪
♪ 缓缓顺流而下 ♪
♪ Gently down the stream ♪
♪ 欢快地 欢快地 欢快地 欢快地 ♪
♪ Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily ♪
♪ 生活就是一场梦 ♪
♪ Life is but a dream ♪
对了 这就对了 祈祷吧
That's it, that's it, pray.
祈祷吧 让他死得痛快点吧
Pray that his life is sensitive.
♪ 划 划 划小船 轻轻随风飘 ♪
♪ Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream ♪
爸爸
Baba.
♪ 欢快地 欢快地 欢快地 ♪
♪ Merrily, merrily, merrily ♪
♪ 人生就像梦 ♪
♪ Life is but a dream ♪
天呐 上帝啊
Oh God, oh, God.
爸爸
Baba.
不不不 不 不不
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
不 不要啊不要啊
No, no, no, no, no, no!
不要啊
No, no, no.
不 不不不不
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
先杀我啊
Kill me first!
不要杀我儿子
No, not my son, no, no!
求你了 先杀我吧
Kill me first!
放过我儿子 杀我吧
Not my son, kill me, me!
拜托 不要啊
Please, please, no!
先杀我啊
Kill me first!
我想问下您有关
I want to ask you about,
有关目前伊♥斯♥兰♥教国家政♥权♥组成部分的事
about the secular component of the Islamic State.
这场行动一开始是由私人
The movement began with a few private,