想数一数有多少吗
Do you want to count them?
理查德中风已经将近一年了
It was almost a year since Richard's stroke,
尽管有小小的进步
and although there were small signs of improvement,
我得知他已经到达了稳定期
I was told that he had plateaued
可能无法恢复得更好了
and probably wouldn't get any better.
我无法接受这就是他康复的极限
I refused to accept that this was the end of his recovery.
在他中风后一年的那天
Then, a year to the day of his stroke,
他被转移到另一家国民保健署资助的
he was transferred to another NHS-funded
位于肯特的神经康复机构
neuro rehabilitation unit in Kent.
2014年8月13日
拉斐尔医院
拉斐尔医院由格哈德·福洛舒玆医生管理
The Raphael Hospital is run by director Dr Gerhard Florschutz.
拉斐尔医疗中心是一个急性神经损伤修复部门
We set Raphael Medical Centre up as an acute neuro rehab unit,
但在同时我们意识到
but at the same time we realised that
仅仅应对康复计划中的急性期
you cannot just deal with the acute phase
是不够的
of a rehabilitation programme,
还需要一系列的连续护理
but there is a continuum of care that is required.
我们的任务就是为病人
And our task is to develop a pathway
格哈德·福洛舒玆医生
拉斐尔医院院长
打通渠道 让他们能够回到社区中
to enable people to go back into the community
过正常的生活
to live a normal life.
初次接触理查德时 他完全丧失语言功能
When we first assessed Richard, his speech was non-existent.
身体右侧无力
He had a right-sided weakness.
尤其是 他无法独自站立
In particular, he couldn't stand up on his legs on his own.
右臂无法动弹
He had no movement on his right arm.
你能摸摸左耳
Can you touch left ear
然后摸摸右耳吗
and then touch right ear?
左耳 耳朵在哪里
Left ear. Where's your ear?
不 那是肩膀
No, that's your shoulder.
他的认知严重受损
Cognitively, he was very impaired.
他是个十分复杂的病例
So he was quite a complex individual.
但在这背后
But behind that,
能看到一丝希望
one could see there was something there.
有种火花在理查德身上
There was a, sort of, certain spark in Richard.
我认为
And I think that is...
如果它能够熊熊燃起
If you can connect to that,
那么康复计划才算真正开始
then I think the work actually can begin.
这是右肩
There's your right shoulder.
左肩
Your left shoulder.
右肩
Your right shoulder.
左肩
Your left shoulder.
用右腿 用右腿发力
With the right leg. I want you to push with the right leg.
2014年11月
中风后十五个月
右腿
Just the right leg.
用你的右腿
Use, use... The right leg.
使劲儿
Push.
不 我只能感受到左腿 用力 再用力
No, I feel only the left. Push hard. Push hard.
然后 当然
And then, of course,
他可以进入水疗池
he was able to go into the hydrotherapy pool.
用力 这是你的极限了吗
Push it. Is that the best you can do?
用力 用力 让他瞧瞧你的能耐
Push it, push it. Show him you're strong.
我觉得在理查德的案例中
And I think in Richard's case,
水疗或许是最佳疗法
that was probably the most beneficial
因为他可以开始
because he could begin moving
在无需抗拒重力的情况下做动作
without the forces of gravity to prevent that from happening.
理查德 别着急
Richard, don't rush!
理查德 慢一点 慢点 亲爱的
Richard, slow down! Slowly, slowly, sweetie.
这确实是水疗的基本原理
That really is the basic principle of hydrotherapy.
你体验到的失重感
The weightlessness that you experience,
浮板支撑着你站立在水中 你处在温暖
the float holds you up in the water, you're in this warm,
且支撑性的环境中 这样你就可以
supporting environment, and then you become...
你就可以完成
You are able to achieve movement
之前一直无法完成的动作
that you haven't been able to do before.
这真的是重新连接整体自我的
And that is really the starting point
第一个步骤
of reconnecting with your whole self.
一 二 三 四
One, two, three, four.
我知道理查德可以在压力下
I knew Richard could be pushed
冲破他身体和情感上的限制
to his physical and emotional limits
因为他从前是能够做到这些的
because he'd been there before.
十八
18...
十九
..19...
二十...二十一
..20... ..21...
他毕竟曾是一位老兵
He was, after all, a seasoned soldier.
理查德在1992年曾志愿为联♥合♥国♥服役
Richard had volunteered in 1992 to serve with the United Nations.
他被派到波斯尼亚的首都萨拉热窝
He was sent to the Bosnian capital, Sarajevo...
1992年3月萨拉热窝
爆发了一场持续数年的都市保卫战
在那里 他突然发现自己
..where he suddenly found himself
处于一场残忍♥而激烈的斗争中心
in the heart of a vicious, raging conflict.
狙击兵围攻了萨拉热窝 这一直都很危险
Snipers corner Sarajevo, as dangerous today as it has ever been.
抄小径去工作的平民遇到了狙击兵枪火的攻击
People taking a back road to work were open to sniper fire...
在那个所有人都是军事目标的地方
He was an unarmed peacekeeper
他却是作为维和士兵在工作
in a place where everyone was a target.
他每一天穿梭于冲突前线
Every day, he faced machine guns, sniper attacks
试图商讨终止这场杀戮时
and mortars, as he crossed the front lines
他都会遇到机关枪 狙击兵和迫击炮的袭击
to try and negotiate an end to the killing.
我知道有人在违反停火协议
I know that there are people breaking the ceasefire,
但到底是谁先打破了协议
but it is a very fine line
还存在着争议
of who starts it first.
我们正在分♥析♥昨晚
People have been analysing the information
我们搜集到的情报
that we gathered from last night,
就是昨晚的交火 我回到项目执行小组后
the firing last night, and when I get back to PDT,
我希望...我能找出昨晚是谁首先开的火
I expect to... I'll know who started firing last night.
2014年12月
中风十六个月后
把双手给我
Give me your hands.
在水疗池里目睹理查德的进步
It was amazing to see Richard's progress
非常令人振奋
in the hydrotherapy pool.
亲爱的 你进步了好多啊
Sweetie, you've improved so much.
快看他 他在走路了
Look at him! He's walking.
六 七
Six, seven,
八 九...
eight, nine...
十六 十七
..16, 17,
十八 十九
18, 19...
康复所规律持续性的治疗原则
The clinic's philosophy of consistent and regular therapy
看来真的产生了非常积极的效果
seemed to be having a really positive effect.
二十四 二十五
..24, 25...
二十六
..26.
首先 我们最大的不同是持续性治疗
First of all, the biggest difference is we work,
治疗是一周七天不断的
therapy is seven days a week.
我一直不能理解为什么经营一家康复所
I can never understand how you can run a rehab,
尤其是治疗严重疾病的康复所
particularly an acute rehab unit,
要在星期五下午停工
and stop Friday afternoon
然后在星期一早晨再开始工作
and then begin again from Monday morning.
这样你就浪费了两天半
You lose two and a half days,
你要再花两天时间才能把失去的弥补回来
and it takes you two days to get back what you have lost.
所以我们每周都工作七天
So, we start at seven days a week.
好的 准备 稳住 站
OK, ready, steady, and up.
站起来
Up you go.
好的 很好
OK. Well done.
很棒
Well done.
可以吗
Ok?
看着我 亲爱的
Look at me, darling.
理查德
Richard?
看着我 朝我这边走
Look at me. Walk towards me.
走过来
Come on.
重新学习走路的过程
The process of relearning to walk,
某种程度上说是一个机械性问题
it's often in a certain way a mechanical problem
理疗师在一开始会移♥动♥你的腿
that the therapist moves your leg to begin with.
你的身体与大脑再次连接起来
You get the connection with your brain again
大脑计划着怎样在空间中做出一个
that programmes how to make a proper,
恰当而受控的动作
controlled movement in space.
很棒
Well done.
电影精选列表