I wonder...
我寻思...
where she's hiding.
她躲在哪儿了呢
Could she be... could she be...
也许是... 也许是...
under the bed?!
床底下?!
No.
不在
Could she be...
也许她是...
hiding...
躲在...
Let's see, where could she be hiding?
我们看看 她会躲在哪儿呢?
Could she be hiding in the...closet!
也许是躲在... 衣柜!
Okay...
好吧...
since it's the first night in a new house,
今天是在新家的第一天
I thought it would be a good time to start a new diary.
我觉得你正好可以开始写一本新日记
Each day you can write down
你可以每天
your feelings and thoughts,
把自己的感想写下来
and then, one day, you can look back
然后有一天 你一页页翻过去
and see how much they've changed.
你就会发现它们有多大改变
Hmm?
嗯?
I love you more than anything else in the world, sweetheart.
我爱你胜过世界上所有一切 甜心
You know that.
你知道的
That's what Mommy said.
妈妈就是这么说的
Hmm?
嗯?
Before she killed herself.
就在她自杀前
Sweetheart, she meant what she said.
甜心 她说的是真的
And so do I.
我也是
You want me to put this over here?
要把这个放在这儿吗?
Okay.
好吧
All right.
好了
Good night.
晚安
Good night, Alex.
晚安 阿历克斯
Emily? Emily!
艾米莉? 艾米莉!
Em?
艾美?
Emily?
艾米莉?
Oh, there you are.
哦 你在这里
Come on, sweetheart.
来吧 甜心
We're going into town. We have some errands to do.
我们去镇上 去办些事情
Oh...
哦...
Hello.
你好
Hi...Hi, there.
嗨... 你好
I-I'm Laura. I live next door.
我是劳拉 住在隔壁
Oh, I'm David. How are you?
哦 我叫大卫 你好吗?
Uh, here. These are for you.
给 这是给你们的
Oh, thank you very much.
哦 非常感谢
My husband and I made the preserves ourselves.
这是我和我丈夫自家做的蜜饯
Oh, well...
哦...
I didn't even realize anyone else lived up here.
我都没注意到附近还有人住
Well, it does get pretty quiet in the off season.
这里在淡季是很安静
Oh, this is my daughter, Emily.
哦 这是我的女儿艾米莉
Emily, say hello to Laura.
艾米莉 跟劳拉问好
She's our neighbor.
她是我们的邻居
Isn't she adorable?
她真可爱
You going to say hi?
问声好 可以吗?
Well, she gets a little shy
她在陌生人面前
around new faces.
有点害羞
I understand.
我明白
It's going to be a real treat having both of you here.
你俩的到来真是一件幸事
Oh, you're on your way out.
哦 你们要出门
I won't keep you.
不妨碍你们了
Um, if you need anything, don't hesitate to stop by.
呃 如果有什么需要 不用客气 尽管跟我们开口
Same here.
你也别客气
And thank you for all the preserves.
谢谢你的蜜饯
The peach and apricot preserves.
桃脯和杏脯
Enjoy. Thank you.
慢慢享用 谢谢
I'm gonna put this inside.
我把它放到里面去
Amy, don't swing so high.
艾美 别荡这么高
I'm going to tell your mom.
我告诉你妈妈去
Would you listen to me?
你不听话吗?
Hi.
嗨
Hi.
嗨
I have, uh, a daughter the same age.
我... 我有个女儿 年纪跟她差不多
She's in the car.
就在车里
Oh.
哦
I'm Elizabeth.
我叫伊丽莎白
Elizabeth Young.
伊丽莎白·杨
Hi. David Callaway.
嗨 大卫·卡拉威
How are you? Good.
你好吗? 很好
Nice to meet you.
幸会
Are you visiting?
你是来拜访亲友的吗?
Just moved up from the city.
我们刚从城里搬来
Oh, usually it's the other way around.
哦 一般都是反过来的
I know.
我知道
She your kid?
她是你的孩子?
Oh, no. No.
哦 不 不
She's my sister's kid.
是我姐姐的孩子
I'm the honorary baby-sitter.
我顺便帮她照看照看
Watch.
看啊
Amy, be careful.
艾美 当心
Amy...
艾美...
Oh...
哦...
Amy. She all right?
艾美 她没事吧?
Amy, Jesus, are you all right?
艾美 老天 你没事吧?
That's very funny.
真有趣
Oh, my God, you're going to make me nuts,
哦 老天 我真是要疯了
you know that?
你知道吗?
Is your daughter this crazy?
你女儿也这么疯吗?
Where's Alex?
阿历克斯到哪里去了?
I don't like her anymore.
我不喜欢她了
Did I just hear what I think I heard?
我没听错吧?
Are you mad, Daddy?
你生气了吗 爸爸?
No, I'm not mad at all, honey.
不 一点都没有 亲爱的
I think it's great.
我觉得挺不错
You do?
是吗?
Yeah.
是的
Good.
很好
Because I have a new friend.
因为我有了个新朋友
A new friend? Okay.
新朋友? 好吧
Let me guess. Is it, um...
我猜猜 是...
Veronica?
维罗妮卡?
No.
不是
Uh, is it, uh, Patty?
呃 那么是佩蒂?
Is it...
是...
He's not a doll.
他不是洋娃娃
He's...
他...
Not a doll.
不是个洋娃娃
He.
他
Okay, well,
好吧
if he's not a doll, then who is he?
如果他不是洋娃娃 那他是谁?
He doesn't want me to talk about him.
他不愿意我说他的事情
Doesn't want you to talk about him?
不原意说他的事情?
No.
不
Well, what if I promise
那么如果我答应保密
to keep it a secret, could you tell me then?
你可以告诉我吗?
So, what's his name?
他叫什么名字?
He told me to call him Charlie.
他让我叫他查理
Charlie? Oh, that's an interesting name.
查理? 哦 挺有趣的名字
Charlie.
查理
When did you meet Charlie?
你什么时候认识查理的?
Today.
今天
When we went to town?
我们去镇上的时候?
It was before that.
在那之前
Before that. Huh.
之前 呃