to hoist the burden of an entire race upon his shoulders.
阁下 我知道你是教会的一员
Your Honor, I know you to be a man of the church...
是的 先生
Yes, sir.
还有法♥院♥
...and the law.
但是你愿意为那个人
But are you willing to gamble
赌上你的位置吗
your seat on the bench for that man?
我从不赌
I never gamble.
里弗斯副治安官
Deputy Marshal Reeves.
干得好 先生
Well done, sir.
法官 对不起 这些话我一直都想说
Judge, I'm sorry, but I've buried my words far too long.
我欣赏里弗斯先生是一个义警队员
I fancy Mr. Reeves here as a posseman.
你知道我欣赏
You know I do.
但是你给我们带来了耻辱
But you bring a dishonor.
命名他为副治安官是对我们的羞辱
A dishonor on the name of the Marshal by naming him.
弗兰克斯 不论他是不是黑人
Franks, negro or not,
在一天之内
in the course of a day,
我知道这个人去救了一匹马
I've known this man to rescue a horse,
营救一个罪犯并将他绳之以法
rescue an outlaw and bring him to justice,
从五个人手里救回法官
save a judge from perish from five men
拒绝了相当于他月薪几倍的报酬
and refuse a payment worth many times his monthly salary
只是为了提供信息
simply to provide information.
现在如果这些行为不足以让那个人
Now if those actions do not qualify that man there
成为我所在地区的副治安官
to ride as a Deputy Marshal in my district,
那我可能要把在座所有人的徽章都摘下来
then I might just pull the stars off every man here.
-法官 你犯了一个错 -包括你的
- Judge, you're making a mis... - Including yours.
没有罪犯会给黑人鞠躬的 哪怕他有徽章
No outlaw will bow for a black man with a badge.
他一周之内就会死 救救他吧
He'll be dead in a week, save them kids.
谁说的
Who said that?
现在 在这个法庭是有命令的
Now, there will be order in this court.
我会清理整个走廊
I'll clear this whole gallery.
送给帕克法官
Delivery here for Judge Parker.
我就是 放这儿吧
I'm Judge Parker, just set it there.
好的 先生
Oh, yes, sir.
法官大人 你或许不知道
Judge, you may not know,
但是这位里弗斯先生 他不识字
but Mr. Reeves here, he can't read.
如果他不识字 他就没法担任工作
And if he can't read, well, he can't ride.
是这样吗 巴斯
Is that right, Bass?
是的 先生
That's right, sir.
你能告诉我
Can you tell me...
你能像着了魔一样开枪
how is it that you come to shoot like a man possessed
但是却不识字
but you can't read?
我们这一代人生来就不自♥由♥
My generation was not born free.
我的老师教我开枪
My master taught me to shoot,
但是他拒绝教我识字
but he refused to teach me to read.
说是会让我变得更危险
Said that'd make me too dangerous.
比你带着枪还危险吗
More dangerous than you are with those Colts?
在哪
Where?
他如何以上帝的名义
How in God's good name
宣告逮捕令
is he going to read a warrant
以及确保抓对了人
and ensure that he brings in the right man?
我们不能提起诉讼
We don't need litigation by negligence...
因为这个黑人的疏忽
...caused by a negro.
告诉他们 弗兰克斯治安官
Tell 'em, Marshal Franks!
我丈夫可能不识字
My husband may not read...
但你们会尊重他的
but you will respect him.
我丈夫巴斯
My husband Bass...
可以是 也将是
can be and will be
值得信任的副手
a deputy worth rememberin'.
好的 我们听见了
Okay, now, we've heard you.
法庭上要保持秩序
We'll have order in this court.
我可以说几句吗
May I?
巴斯 你知道不行的
Now, Bass, you know I can't do that.
法庭上不允许有色人种发言
There are no coloreds allowed in the bar.
什么味道那么难闻
What is that awful smell in my courtroom?
没事
Okay.
法官
Judge?
我感觉味道是从这个箱子里发出来的
I suspect the smell is coming from, uh, this here package.
打开它
Well, open it up.
法官 你不会想看的
Judge, you ain't gonna like it.
法官 真的太可怕了
Horrible, Judge, horrible.
天啊
Jesus!
那个人头是个预示
That head was a promise.
也是一个会被实现的预示
It was a promise and it was a promise fulfilled.
让他爱在哪儿在哪儿吧
Now, you let him stay where he is.
如果他进城来了
Should he make his way into town
那你就让法律来对付他
then you let the law have its way with him.
布鲁斯做了件傻事
Bruce went on a fool's errand
他被送到家时只剩一个脑袋
and he returned home slight of his body.
尽管如此
Well, be that as it may.
这里有人愿意
Is there anyone here...
来执行这个逮捕令吗
who will execute service of this here warrant?
有人吗
Anyone?
没人
No one
在本法庭的权威下
under the authority of this court here
可以在法律之外行事
shall stand above the law.
法官 能接下这任务的人
Judge, ain't nobody ill enough in their right mind
一定病得没治了
to take on that assignment.
你在猛兽的栖息地追捕它
You chase an animal in his own habitat
无异于去送死
is simply suicide.
我愿意
I will.
真好
Oh, that's good.
里弗斯先生
Mr. Reeves...
你不是副手
you aren't a deputy.
先生 看来我们都有各自的问题和解决办法
It seems, sir, that we both have a problem and a solution.
你需要有人来结束杜泽尔的罪行
You need someone to put an end to Dozier's terror.
我也需要证明
And I need to prove
我会是一个非常有能力的副手
that I would be a more than capable deputy.
一箭双雕 一石二鸟
Both problems solved by the same solution.
如果我能把他抓回来 你要给我佩戴徽章
If I can bring him back you'll put a badge on my chest.
这么说这个人
So this man here,
你们许多人觉得他不配
who many of you feel isn't worthy enough
穿上你们的靴子[成为副治安官]
to strap your boots.
但他比你们所有人加起来都有勇气
This man has more courage than any of you all combined.
现在 如果我同意他的请求
Now, if I grant this request...
有人愿意和他一起去吗
is there anybody that will ride with him?
我自己去
I ride alone.
不 里弗斯先生
No, Mr. Reeves,
尽管你很想这么做
as much as it might be your inclination to do so,
还是不会让你只身前往的
you will not ride alone.
我的命令
My orders.
谁想和他一起去
Who will ride with him?
没人愿意回到地狱去抓那个人
Ain't nobody going back to hell to chase that man.
我们都想保住自身性命
We're kinda partial to having our heads attached to our torso.
我愿意
I will.
赦免我的罪
Pardon my crimes,
我会和他一起去
shit, I'd ride with the nigger.
你一个亡命之徒
Well, you wouldn't be the first outlaw.
想通过成为一名义警重回正道
You put on a straight path by being a posseman.
先生 你被指控犯有一些严重罪行
You are charged with some serious crimes, sir.
如果被关进监狱可能会下场很惨
You would likely fall upon the ground at foot in prison,
况且你已如此年迈
being as old as you are.
在和里弗斯先生执行完这次任务后
Upon execution of this warrant with Mr. Reeves here...
我会赦免你的
I will pardon you.
-他叫什么名字 -斯托姆
- What's his name? - Storm.
查理·斯托姆
Charlie Storm.
很高兴认识你
Pleased to meet you.
好吧 你没那么坏
All right, you ain't so bad.
之前有人把他们全吊死了
Somebody hung all them sumbitches.
我明白了
Oh, I get it.
我们有一个黑人和一个老头
We got a negro and a senile old man
要把这里最臭名昭著的罪犯抓回来