You deserve this.
你是最棒的
You do.
绝对是
You've earned it.
这是你努力的结果
I can do all things. All things.
我无所不能 无所不能
Come on.
快啊
Come on, come on.
快点 快点啊
I am the Invigilator.
我是监考人
Listen carefully to every word I say.
仔细听好我说的每个字
There will be no repetition.
我不会重复所说的话
I won't apologise for the hardships you've endured reaching this room
我不会为你们为了到这来所忍♥受的艰难经历而道歉
'cause the pressures and pains were necessary.
因为那些压力和痛苦是必需的
Resilience is a key attribute in these dark times,
在这种困难时期 适应能力是一项关键的特质
and if you can't survive our selection process, you won't survive in the job.
如果你不能通过我们的筛选 你也不会适合这项工作
Many highly-qualified candidates tried to get this far and failed.
许多优秀的应聘者在这个环节都被淘汰了
You have succeeded.
而你们却成功地留了下来
And now the final stage lies before you.
现在 最后的考验就在你们眼前
One last hurdle separates you from your goal -
这是最后胜利前的最后一道屏障
which is to join our esteemed ranks.
通过它 你就能成为我们中受人尊敬的一员
The test is simple in comparison, yet it will determine
这项测试相对比较简单 但它却能决定
who leaves this room with a contract of employment
谁能带着雇用合同离开这个房♥间
and who leaves with the bus fare home.
谁又会在离开后坐着大巴回家
Through these trials, you've gained some idea of the power
通过这些考验 你们将了解到一些
of this organisation, so believe me when I tell you
这个机构中有关权能的事 所以 当我说
that there's no law in this room but our law.
在这里没有法律 而只有我们的规则时你们应该相信我
And the only rules in here are our rules.
这里只有我们定下的规矩
There's one question before you, and one answer is required.
只有一个问题向你们提出 你们只需回答出一个答案
If you try to communicate with myself
如果你试图与我本人
or the guard, you will be disqualified.
或保安沟通 你将丧失竞争资格
If you spoil your paper, intentionally or accidentally,
如果你搞坏给你发的纸 不管是有意地还是无意地
you will be disqualified.
你将丧失竞争资格
If you choose to leave the room for any reason,
如果你出于任何原因离开这个房♥间
you will be disqualified.
你也将丧失竞争资格
Any questions?
有问题吗?
Best of luck, ladies and gentlemen.
祝你们好运 女士们先生们
We're giving the eight of you 80 minutes.
我们给你们8个人80分钟时间
80 minutes to convince us you have what it takes to join us.
你们用这80分钟来说服我们 让我们觉得你对我们来说是称职人选
80 minutes to determine the next 80 years of your lives.
这80分钟将决定你未来80年的命运
Begin.
开始
I'm not finished.
我还没写完呢
No, please. You can't! This isn't a proper test!
不 求你了你不能这样啊! 正常的测试不是这样的啊!
Please, I'll start over! Just give me a chance!
求你了 让我重新开始吧! 给我个机会!
Hey.
嘿
Listen, listen, listen, listen.
听着 听着 听着 都听着
It's not about what he said, you know.
他刚才宣布了什么不重要 你知道吧
It's what he didn't say.
重要的是他没宣布♥什♥么
"If you attempt to communicate.
"如果你试图与
with myself or the guard.
我本人或保安
you will be disqualified. "
你将丧失竞争资格"
He didn't say. we can't speak to each other.
他没说 我们不能相互交谈
Now you're talking. u3000 Is this the ultimate mindfuck or what?
你们现在就在交谈啊 这是在搞终极脑筋急转弯还是怎么回事?
Has anyone figured out the answer? No.
有人想出答案了吗? 没有
It's not about the answer. It's about the question.
答案不是重要的 重要的是问题
What's the question? u3000 We've got 74 minutes left to figure out.
问题是什么? 我们还有74分钟把问题想出来
If the answeru3000takes one minute to write down.
如果这个问题只需要1分钟就能写出来我们才有74分钟把它想出来
If it takes 73 minutes to write,
如果要用73分钟把它写出来的话
we have one minuteu3000to guess the question.
我们就只有1分钟把它想出来
We're short on writing space. I'm betting it's the former.
我们不用花太多时间写 我打赌肯定是你说的前一种情况
We've gotta help each other.
我们得相互帮助
Why? We're in competition. Why should I help you to beat me?
凭什么? 我们在相互竞争呢 为什么我要帮你来胜过我?
We may be in competitionu3000to answer the question,
当我们回答问题时可能是竞争对手
but to establish the questionu3000we have to cooperate.
但是我们在想出问题时得合作
They expect us to cooperate, don't they?
他们希望我们会相互合作 是吧?
What'd you expect, you're gonna win this job,
你希望什么? 是不是你将得到这份工作
with all the rewards that come with it,
然后拿着这份工作带来的丰厚报酬
by giving themu3000a little simple written answer?
而这些只因为你给他们交出了答案?
Facts and opinions? Compare and contrast!
事实与意见? 比较与对照!
They're not looking for that.
那可不是他们想要的结果
A job like this needs initiative,
这样的工作需要的是主动性
observation.
观察能力
interplay.
协调能力
Teamwork. He's right. u3000u3000We're in a stress scenario.
团队合作 他说的对 我们可是面临着巨大压力啊
A confusing, time-critical situation
搞得人稀里糊涂的 还搞倒计时
designed to test our intelligence, and resilience.
这肯定是为了测试我们的智商和适应力而设计出来的
To bring out the worst in us. u3000Or the best.
为了将我们中最糟糕的人踢出去 也许是选出最棒的
We help each other untilu3000the playing field is open
我们应该相互帮助直到需要竞争的时候
then it's every man for themselves, no offence, girls.
然后哥们就各顾各的 说哥们没别的意思 MM们
Are we all agreed? u3000 Yes.
都同意吧? 好
Agreed.
同意
Let's go, Gandhi. u3000My name isn't Gandhi, friend. It's.
来吧 甘地大叔 我的名字不是甘地 朋友 我叫
No names in here. Not real ones, anyway. They're not written on this for a reason, isn't it?
别在这说名字 反正不说真名 他们没在纸上写名字肯定是有原因的 对吧?
We'll use nicknames, then.
那我们就用绰号♥吧
All right, let's make this easy. We already have numbers.
好啊 这样就简单多了 我们已经有编号♥了啊
Yeah, and visual.
是啊 还有真人现实出场
You're Black.
你就叫"小黑"吧
I'm White.
我是"小白"
You're Brown.
你是"小棕"
We've got Blonde here,
她叫"金发女"
Brunette there.
那是"黑肤女"
Dark, I suppose.
我想你该叫"暗肤女"
And lastu3000as well as least we've got Deaf.
最后 非常有幸我们中有个"聋子"
Tough last round. Yeah, whatever.
最后这个名太狠了点 哼 管他的
Any objections?
有反对意见吗?
Apart from your grossly insensitive sexual and racial stereotyping?
你是说对你那恶心 迟钝 充满性别和种族观念的陈腔滥调吗?
If you're the sensitive type, you shouldn't be here, love.
如果你不迟钝 你就不会在这了 宝贝
I'll take Brown over Gandhi,
我要"小棕" 不要"甘地"
I guess we're talking about something that matters.
希望我们现在做的事对我们真的有帮助
I'll take that as a yes.
那就是你没有反对意见了
So, what else hasn't he forbidden?
还有什么是他没有禁止我们做的?
He hasn't forbiddenu3000us to stand, has he?
他没有禁止我们站起来 是吧?
Well, l guess moving about is OK too. u3000What's that gonna achieve?
好 我想来回走动也是可以的 那有什么用?
I don't know, Brown. But sittingu3000wasn't getting us anywhere exciting, was it.
不知道 小棕不过坐着对我们也没什么好处 对吧?
What if the question is written downu3000but we just can't see it?
会不会问题已经写出来了 只是我们看不到?
That's what l'm talking about! Thank you!
我也是这么想的! 多谢帮我说出来!
You mean like invisible ink? u3000 Or a watermark.
你是说像用隐形墨水那种东西写出来的? 或者是像水印那样
It's possible. u3000It's probable. Where else would it be?
有这个可能性 很有可能是这样要不然问题在哪?
We'd need somethingu3000to reveal it. Like light.
我们得用什么东西让它显现出来 比如通过光照发现
Right. Those are halogen.
你说的"对" 这些是卤光灯
Those aren't.
那些不是卤光灯
They won't bite, you know.
灯又不咬你 你自己去啊
They're not gonna make itu3000that easy, are they?
他们不会搞的这么简单 是吧?
We're on the clock. How hard can they afford to make it?
时间不等人他们能搞的有多难?
What if the pencilu3000isn't just for writing the answer?
会不会这铅笔不是用来写答案的?
What if it reveals the question too? By shading the page, like tracing paper?
会不会用它能让问题显现出来? 会不会是用它把纸涂黑 就像涂印记纸那样?
Try it, Blonde. u3000No. Remember what he said.
试下嘛 金发女 不行 记得他说的吗?
If you spoil your paper, intentionally or accidentally.
如果你搞坏给你发的纸 不管是有意地还是无意地
you'll be disqualified.
你都将丧失竞争资格
Is anyone certain they knowu3000what his definition of spoiling is?
有谁知道他说的把纸搞坏的确切定义是什么?
Look, let's crack this. Throw out some ideas.
我们得搞定麻烦 都想想办法啊
What if the questions are hiddenu3000in the paper,
会不会问题就藏在纸里
but each of us has to writeu3000a different answer? He said.
但我们每个人得写出不同的答案呢? 他说
There's one question before you, and one answer is required.
只有一个问题向你们提出 你们只需回答出一个答案
That doesn't mean it'su3000the same question for each of us.
那个意思并不是说给我们的问题都是相同的
There could be eight differentu3000questions and answers.
可能会有8个不同的问题和答案
If we find one question, we can find them all.
如果我们能找出其中一个问题 剩下的也都能找出来了
Not necessarily. Not if our eight individual questions
不必要 也许8个不同的问题
can only be revealedu3000using eight different methods.
只能用8种不同的方法找出来
Perhaps we're notu3000meant to cooperate at all.
也许我们根本就用不着合作
I like that idea.
这个观点我"喜欢"
Or there's only one question, printed on only one of our sheets.
或是只有1个问题 印在我们中某一人的纸上
Then we'd need to cooperate. Timeout for some testing.
那我们就得要合作 你们消停会 来做个测试吧