首先 我已经靠卖♥♥比外面的臭气
One, " I've gotten rich selling people air that's
干净的新鲜空气发了财
"Fresher than the stinky stuff outside. "
但是 这点更重要
Two, and here is the important one,
我怎样才能赚更多的钱
"How can I possibly make even more money?"
我们能给你答案
We can tell you, sir! We can tell you.
看看这个广♥告♥吧
Check out this commercial?
又是一个无聊的周六
Well, here goes another lame Saturday.
老兄 我可不这么想
Dude, I don't think so!
天哪
Man!
什么
What!
欧海尔纯净空气 清新触手可及
O'Hare purified air. Freshness to go.
请君尽情吸取
Please breathe responsibly.
我的天 太棒了
Oh, my goodness. Yeah! Love it.
你们在开玩笑吧
You got to be kidding me.
你们觉得人们会傻到买♥♥这种东西吗
You really think people are stupid enough to buy this?
我们的研究显示 只要是用塑料瓶装的
Our research shows that if you put something in a plastic bottle,
大家就会买♥♥
people will buy it.
正是 而且
Exactly. And...
更重要的是 等我们建了
And what's more, when we build a new factory
制♥造♥塑料瓶的新工厂
to make the plastic bottles,
空气质量就会进一步下降
the air quality is just going to get worse.
人们就会更需要我们的产品了
Which will make people want our air even more,
到时候销量会怎样
and drive sales where?
一飞冲天
Through the roof!
也就是说 天上越多黑烟
So, in other words, the more smog in the sky,
大家越肯掏钱
The more people will buy.
看 天才就是天才
See, that's why he's the genius!
顺口一说还押韵了
It even rhymes!
我知道它押韵
I'm aware it rhymes.
拿上衣服快走
Coats. Big.
你们两个傻大个想干嘛
What do you two knuckleheads want?
我正开会呢
I'm in the middle of a meeting!
什么
What?
他为什么要出城
Why is he leaving town?
从来没有人出过城
No one ever leaves town!
监视他的行踪
See what he's up to.
好险
Oh, man.
小心 禁止通行
升♥天♥的老雷斯之街
好吧
All right.
除非
老万之家
好吧
Okay.
你是谁
Who are you?
你是谁 来这儿干什么
Who are you and what are you doing here?
我是泰德 泰德
I'm Ted. I'm Ted.
我喘不过气了 你是老万吗
I can't breathe. Are you the Once-ler?
你没看路标吗
Oh, man. Didn't you read the signs?
闲人勿进
No one is supposed to come here.
快滚回去 别来打扰我
Get out of here and leave me alone!
走的时候别被靴子踢到
And don't let the boot hit you on the way out.
靴子
The boot?
你好
Hello!
听着 听说如果有人给你这些东西
Listen! People say that if someone brings you this stuff
你就会讲树的故事
that you will tell them about trees.
不 不要
No, no, no!
树
Trees?
是的 真正的树
Yeah, real ones.
能从地里长出来的那种
You know, that grow out of the ground?
在听吗
Hello?
抱歉 我只是...
Sorry, it's just...
没想到还有人关心树
Well, I didn't think anyone still cared about trees.
我就关心 关心的人就是我
Well, that's me. The guy who still cares. I'm here.
什么
Hey! What?
你想知道树的故事吗
Do you want to know about trees?
发生了什么
About what happened to them?
为什么它们都消失了 其实都是因为我
Why they're all gone? It's because of me.
等等 什么
Wait, what?
都是因为我
It's because of me!
和我的发明 特尼
And my invention, the Thneed.
那是一个伟大的发明 是个万能产品
It was an amazing product that could do the job of a thousand.
好吧
All right.
听起来有点好笑 但挺酷的
Sounds ridiculous, but I mean, that's cool.
说得没错 确实很酷
You're darn right it was cool!
这要从很久以前说起
It all started a long time ago.
咱们别扯那么远行吗
Can we start not so long ago, maybe?
你还要不要树
Do you want a tree?
要 当然要
Yes, yes.
那就得从很久很久以前说起
Then it all started a long, long time ago.
那时我还是个正要离家闯荡的年轻人
I was a young man leaving home.
我要走了 妈妈 我要用我的特尼改变世界
Well, here I go, Mom. Off to change the world with my Thneed.
我就要实现梦想了
I'm actually doing it!
是啊 不过记住 小万
Yes, but just remember, Oncie,
如果你的发明没有成功
if somehow your invention ends up a failure
而是失败了
instead of a success,
我一点都不会惊讶
oh, it wouldn't surprise me at all!
车轱辘真漂亮
Nice wheels.
快滚吧
Burn!
是啊 快滚吧
Yeah, "Burn!"
等着瞧 我会证明你们是错的
But you will see, okay? I'm going to prove you all wrong.
我们走 梅尔文
Come on, Melvin!
那时 我正处在人生低谷
So, there I was at the very bottom.
除了一架马车和一只骡子 还有
With nothing but a wagon, a mule,
完全不理智的乐观态度之外 一无所有
and a completely irrational sense of optimism.
我走遍全世界
I was searching the globe,
一心想找到做特尼的最佳材料
obsessed with finding the perfect material for my Thneed.
可是一无所获
But I'd had absolutely no success.
直到有一天 我发现了天堂
Until one day, I found paradise.
我敢肯定就快到了
We're going to be there soon, I'm sure.
这是我见过
This is the most beautiful place,
最美的地方
okay, I have ever seen.
就是它
This is it
就是这个地方
This is the place
这些棉花糖树正是我需要的
These Truffula trees are just what I need
我要砍下一棵来做特尼
Gonna chop one down and make my Thneed
但是首先
But first...
大家一起唱
Now you!
太棒了
That's great!
我们一起做朋友
So now our friendship can begin
手拉手 翅膀和鳍也可以
Hand in hand, and wing and fin
只要齐心协力 没有什么不可能
There's nothing you and I can't do
大家一起 让我梦想成真
So let's all make my dreams come true
伙计们
Hey, guys!
来啊 怎么不跟我合唱了
Come on, where is my back-up chorus?
什么
What?
等等 等一下
Hey, hey, wait. Wait a minute.
你说什么
Excuse me?
没错 确实很棒
Yeah, that's awesome.
给丛林动物喂垃圾食品 好主意
Feeding junk food to forest animals? That's great.
可是 有没有哪一出是讲
But, uh, is there a musical number
上哪儿找树的
where you show me how to get a tree?
我很想听听这一段
Because I would love to hear that one.
好啊 从前有一个小孩总是打断故事
Oh, yes. Right after the musical number about the kid
然后他就失踪了 你要听的
who kept interrupting the story,
就在这段故事之后
and was never heard from again.
好吧 我明白了 您继续
Right, got it. Proceed.
好 我继续讲
All right, here we go.
离做出特尼 改变世界仅一步之遥
About to make a Thneed, about to change the world.
看吧 伙计们
Check it out, guys...
都去哪儿了
Where did everybody go?
我并不知道 砍下一棵树
Little did I know that by chopping down that tree
就会召唤一个古老的神秘生物
I had just summoned a mystical creature as old as time itself.