大家好 感谢你们的到来
Hello, everybody. Thanks for coming.
我是老雷斯 树的代言人
I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.
我想先说两句 望大家不要介意
And I'd like to say a few words, if you please.
接下来的故事
Regarding the story that you're about to see
是我的亲身经历
it actually happened. Just take it from me.
但这个故事 意义非凡
But there's more to this story than what's on the page,
在我布景之时 请各位注意
so please pay attention while I set the stage.
故事发生在特尼镇
We open in Thneedville,
人们叫它塑料假城
a city they say that was plastic and fake,
但居民却十分满意
and they liked it that way!
没有自然之物 树木也不见踪迹
A town without nature, not one living tree.
这是怎么回事
So, what happened to them?
音乐起 大家看仔细
Cue the music! Let's see.
老雷斯的故事
特尼镇的黎明刚降临
In Thneedville, it's a brand new dawn
我们有新车 新房♥ 新草坪
With brand new cars and houses and lawns
小镇生活应有尽有
Here in Got-all-that-we-need-ville
树木都由机器制♥造♥
In Thneedville, we manufacture our trees
每棵树都来自工厂
Each one is made in factories
要用九十六块电池
And uses 96 batteries
特尼镇的空气不算清新
In Thneedville, the air's not so clean
所以我们购买♥♥新鲜空气
So we buy it fresh
全靠这台机器
It comes out this machine!
大家人人满意
In Satisfaction's- guaranteed-ville
在特尼镇 烟雾 垃圾 化学品排向哪里
In Thneedville, we don't want to know
我们统统不在意
Where the smog and trash and chemicals go
刚游了个泳 我就浑身发光
I just went swimming, and now I glow
在特尼镇 每天都有好时光
In Thneedville, we have fun year round
既能滑雪又能冲浪
We surf and snowboard right in town
感谢上帝给我们幸福生活
We thank the Lord for all we've got
还有这个新停车场
Including this brand new parking lot!
停车场
Parking lot!
看 那是阿洛希尔斯·欧海尔
Oh, look, it's Aloysius O'Hare
阿洛希尔斯·欧海尔
Aloysius O'Hare
他通过销♥售♥空气
The man who found a way to sell air
成了亿万富翁
And became a zillionaire
在特尼镇 我们热爱这种生活
In Thneedville, we love living this way
仿佛置身天堂
It's like living in paradise
这是完美生活 永远不会改变
It's perfect! And that's how it will stay
在这里 我们热爱生活
Here in Love-the-life-we-lead-ville
我们必将成功
Destined-to-succeed-ville
我们意见统一
We-are-all-agreed-ville
我们爱
We love it here in...
特尼镇
Thneedville!
好极了
Yes!
你好 泰德
Oh, hi, Ted.
你好 奥黛丽
Oh, hey, Audrey. Hi.
你的皮球又掉在我后院了吗
Did your ball land in my backyard again?
什么 哪有
What? No.
这次是我的模型飞机
A model airplane, this time.
想看点有意思的东西吗
Hey, do you want to see something cool?
进来吧
Come on.
是你...
Did you...
是你画的吗
Did you paint this?
-喜欢吗 -什么
- Do you like it? - What?
你开玩笑吗 这棒极了
Are you kidding? This is amazing!
这画的是什么
What are those?
这是树 真正的树
Those are trees. Real ones.
以前这里长满了树
They used to grow all around here.
人们说 树的冠毛
And people said that the touch of their tufts
比任何东西都要柔软 连丝绸都逊色三分
was softer than anything, even silk.
他们还说这树有蝴蝶草的味道
And they smelled like butterfly milk!
真是难以想象
Wow! What does that even mean?
是啊
I know, right?
好吧
Oh, yeah.
我最大的梦想 就是看到
What I want more than anything in the whole world is to see
一棵真正的树
a real living tree
长在我家后院里
growing in my backyard.
那么如果 我只是随便一想
So if, say... I'm just thinking out loud here.
有个小伙给你搞来一棵
If a guy somehow got you one...
我可能当场嫁给他
I'd probably marry him on the spot.
这想法一定很疯狂 你觉得呢
I bet that sounds crazy. Does that sound crazy?
不 不疯狂
No! Not crazy.
一点都不疯狂
Not crazy at all.
泰德 亲爱的 好好吃饭
Ted, honey, don't play with your food.
你也是 妈妈
You, either, Mom.
妈妈 你知不知道在哪儿
So, Mom, do you happen to know if there's any place
能找到一棵真正的树
where I could get a real tree?
泰德 我们已经有一棵了
Ted, we already have a tree.
是最新款
It's the latest model.
是啊 但我想要一棵真树
Yeah, but I mean a real one
能从地里长出来的那种
that grows out of the ground or whatever.
真正的树
You know, a real tree.
是吗
Really?
你要一块脏兮兮 乱糟糟
You would rather have some dirty, messy
从地里长出来的烂木头吗
lump of wood that just sticks out of the ground?
它能干嘛 我都不知道那有什么用
And it does what? I don't even know what it does.
生存的目的是什么
What's its purpose?
看看我们家的树
Look at what we've got.
是自动橡树 唯一的可遥控款
It's the Oak-amatic. The only tree with its own remote.
夏天 秋天 冬天
Summer, autumn, winter,
还有迪斯科模式
and disco!
-妈妈 -来嘛 泰德 一起来
- Mom? - Come on, Ted. Get into it.
跟着一起跳
Dance with the tree.
我要瞎了 妈妈 拜托你停一下
Oh, it hurts, Mom. Please stop.
话说回来
So, anyway...
假如我需要一棵树
Let's just say I need a tree.
该上哪儿找 该做些什么
Where would I go? What do I do?
那么 你就要先要找老万
Then you know what? You need to find the Once-ler.
什么
The what?
妈妈 现在不是
Mom, it's not really the
讲魔法故事的时候 好吗
time for one of your magical fables, okay?
对 我忘了
That's right, I forgot.
我老了 嘴上没个把门儿的
I'm old and can't even remember to put my teeth in.
别这样 我没要怪你
Stand down. That's not what I meant.
不 我说真的 我把假牙给忘了
No, really, I forgot my teeth.
乖女儿 能帮我拿过来吗
Would you be a dear and go get them for me?
当然可以 妈妈
Sure, Mom.
好 是这么回事
Okay, here's the deal.
老万知道那些树是怎么消失的
The Once-ler is the man who knows what happened to the trees.
你要树的话 就得找到他
You want one, you need to find him.
老万
The Once-ler?
奶奶 我们说的这事
Okay. Grammy, is this a real thing
是真的吗
that we're talking about now?
他现在还活得好好的
Oh, he's real all right.
那我该上哪儿去找他
Well, where can I find him?
那个地方 远在城外 寸草不生
Far outside of town where the grass never grows
空气凝滞 酸风阵阵
and the wind smells slow and sour when it blows.
群鸟不鸣 鸦声遍野
And no birds ever sing, excepting old crows.
别吓我了
Quit doing that.
老万就住在那儿
That's the place where the Once-ler lives.
等等 要出城吗
Wait, outside of town?
大家都说 只要给他十五美分
People used to say if you brought him 15 cents,
一个钉子
a nail
和一只老态龙钟的蜗牛的壳
and the shell of a great, great, great grandfather snail,
他就会告诉你一切
he would tell you everything.
欧海尔先生 我们要展示的产品
Mr. O'Hare, what we've got for you
出城之门
能将欧海尔空气提升到
is something that is going to take O'Hare Air
一个新高度
to the next level.
欧海尔先生 我知道你在想什么
Now, Mr. O'Hare, I know what you're thinking.