-你为什么跟他顶嘴?-我这辈子从来没听过这种废话。
- Why did you answer him back for? - I never listened to such guff in my life.
"外面的人可能会认为你的生活贫瘠而空虚"
"Those on the outside may think your lives barren and empty."
就因为他是个干巴巴的人。
Just because he's a dried up sort.
是的,但他说的工作是对的。
Yes, but he's right, what he said about work.
你看到他切除肿瘤的样子了吗?
Did you see the way he took out that tumor?
能做这样的事是值得的。
Being able to do a thing like that would be worth anything.
嘿,等一下。这不是狗窝话。
Hey, wait a minute. That's not doghouse talk.
听起来你很喜欢那个小鞋跟。
You sound as though you really like the little heel.
喜欢与此无关。他碰巧是个天才。
Liking has nothing to do with it. He happens to be a genius.
就我个人而言,我认为他是一头猪。
Personally, I think he's a swine.
别摔门。
Don't slam the door.
听着,我不想显得太好奇,但你不知道这是圣诞假期吗?
Look, I don't want to seem too inquisitive,but don't you know this is the beginning of the Christmas vacation?
是的,是的,没错。你好,比尔。
Yeah, yeah, that's right. Hello, Bill.
你答应过要和我一起回家的。
And you promised to come home with me.
我本想打给你的,比尔。我不能去。
Oh, I meant to call you, Bill. I can't go.
你会停止吗?你得放松一下。来吧。
Will you stop? You've got to have some relaxation. Come on.
哦,比尔,我很想去,但是……
Oh, Bill, I'd love to, but...
我已经等了四天了,想看看活体组织在接触到红斑剂量的x光片后会有什么反应。
Well, I've been waiting four days to find out how a piece of live tissue reacts when it comes in contact with an erythema dose of X-ray.
算了吧。我将向你展示活体组织与火鸡接触时的反应。
Forget it. I'll show you how live tissue reacts when it comes in contact with turkey.
我下次再去吧。
I'll take a rain check on that.
你想干什么?桶状的吗?
What are you trying to do? Please Tubby?
就算你得了诺贝尔奖,也不会给那个自大狂留下好印象。
You couldn't impress that egomaniac if you won the Nobel Prize.
但他仍然是世界上最伟大的外科医生。
But he's still the greatest surgeon in the world.
天啊,你生性宽容,我只能说这么多了。
Boy, you've got a forgiving nature, that's all that I can say.
在他把你交给你之后。
After the ride he's handed you.
快走,快走,快走。你要赶不上火车了。
Go on, go on, beat it. You'll miss your train.
好吧。
Okay.
我希望你和胖墩在一起玩得开心。
Oh, and I hope you and Tubby have a dandy time together.
你们可以在圣诞晚餐上吃掉对方。
You can eat each other for Christmas dinner.
你这是要去哪?
Hey, where do you think you're going?
留下来。你可能会学到一些东西。
Stick around. You might learn something.
如果我再生气,你就会知道一个人发火时会发生什么。
If I get any madder, you're gonna find out what happens when a person blows up spontaneously.
他是做研究的。我只是个交际花。
Well, he's the research man. I'm just a social butterfly.
再见。
So long.
不回家吗?
Not going home?
你的朋友塔比不相信假期。
Your friend Tubby doesn't believe in holidays.
他刚刚把我的四幅画重拍了一遍。
He just slapped four of my drawings back in my face to do over again.
如果他们错了呢?
Well, what of it if they're not right?
他昨天赶走了我的一个。
He kicked out one of mine yesterday.
听着,我的好朋友,我22岁了,我是个女人,我已经四个月没参加舞会了。
Look, my fine feathered friend, I'm 22 years old, and I'm a woman,and I haven't been to a dance in four months.
我还没穿晚礼服呢。
I haven't had on an evening dress.
我还没接吻,也没喝酒 或者其他女孩可能喜欢的东西。
I haven't had a kiss or a drink or anything else that a girl might enjoy.
而现在……
And now...
他为什么不能等到假期结束后再画他的旧画呢?
Well, why couldn't he wait until after the holidays for his old drawings?
好了,等一下。你没必要为此哭泣。
Well, now, just a minute. You don't have to cry about it.
哭泣?是谁哭呢?他不能让我哭,如果……
Cry? Who is crying? Why, he couldn't make me cry if...
你对科学劳动的无私奉献是非常值得称赞的。
Your unselfish devotion to scientific labor is most commendable.
但我建议公园长椅可能会为你现在的研究提供更好的设施。
But I will suggest a park bench might offer better facilities for your present type of research.
好吧,这样就熟了。
Well, that cooks it.
他可以把整道菜都塞进烟囱!
He can take his whole course and stuff it up the chimney!
在我看来,林肯刚刚签署了那份宣言,这个奴隶要出去庆祝她的自♥由♥。
As far as I am concerned, Lincoln just signed that proclamation,and this slave is going out and celebrate her freedom.
来吧,我们去找个地方歇歇吧。
Come on, let's you and I go and get stiff.
对不起,温妮。我不能去。
I'm sorry, Winnie. I can't go.
要我给你画个图吗?你和我要去参加一个派对。
Do I have to draw a diagram for you? You and I are going on a party.
我在断自己的后路。来吧。
I'm burning my bridges and how. Come on.
帮我个忙。
Do me a favor.
找别人,好吗?
Find somebody else, will you?
你是说你不想去?
You mean you don't want to go?
当然,我想去。我是人类。
Sure, I want to go. I'm human.
但我还有工作要做。这些实验需要花钱。
But I've got work to do. These experiments cost money.
如果我现在离开他们…
And if I leave them now...
你是说这对你来说比…
You mean this is more important to you than...
小姐,再过42分钟,我等了好多天的那个小玩意就要发生变化了。
Sister, in about 42 minutes, something is going to happen in that gadget that I've been waiting a good many days to see.
比文,我们中的一个会错过很多东西,我给任何人四比一的赔率那人不是我。
Beaven, one of us is going to miss an awful lot in life,and I'll give anybody four to one it won't be me.
我对阿波罗医生发誓我会遵守这个誓言和规定。
I swear by Apollo the physician that I will keep this oath and stipulation.
我对阿波罗医生发誓我会遵守这个誓言和规定。
I swear by Apollo the physician that I will keep this oath and stipulation.
无论进哪一户人家,我都要为病人的利益着想,戒绝一切自愿的恶作剧和腐♥败♥行为。
Into whatever houses I enter,I will go for the benefit of the sick and abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption.
无论进哪一户人家,我都要为病人的利益着想,戒绝一切自愿的恶作剧和腐♥败♥行为。
Into whatever houses I enter,I will go for the benefit of the sick and abstain from every voluntary act of mischief and corruption.
带着纯洁和圣洁,我将度过我的一生,练习我的艺术。
With purity and holiness,I will pass my life and practice my art.
如果我违背了这个誓言,我从此不再享受它的特权以及所有人对我的尊重。
Should I violate this oath,may I cease to enjoy the privileges thereof and the respect of all men from that time forth forever.
带着纯洁和圣洁,我将度过我的一生,练习我的艺术。
With purity and holiness,I will pass my life and practice my art.
如果我违背了这个誓言,我从此不再享受它的特权以及所有人对我的尊重。
Should I violate this oath,may I cease to enjoy the privileges thereof and the respect of all men from that time forward forever.
-你感觉怎么样,医生?-再好不过了,医生。而你,医生?
- How do you feel, Doctor? - Never better, Doctor. And you, Doctor?
好,医生。
Fine, Doctor.
你们学校今天很高兴地欢迎它最杰出的校友之一回家
Your college is happy today to welcome home one of its most distinguished alumni.
几分钟前,它授予他科学博士学位。
A few minutes ago, it conferred on him the degree of Doctor Of Science.
我请求他现在以他的建议和忠告开始你们的职业生涯。
I ask him now to start you on your careers with his advice and counsel.
女士们,先生们,William Cunningham博士
Ladies and gentlemen, Dr. William Cunningham.
你们知道吗,当你们刚刚拿到毕业证书的时候,我坐在那里想着我得到我的毕业证书是多么幸运。
You know, when you gentlemen were getting your diplomas just now,I was sitting back and thinking how fortunate I was when I got mine.
40多年前,医生不需要知道这么多
Forty-odd years ago, doctors didn't have to know so much.
他们不需要知道这么多。
There wasn't so much for them to know.
也许,这样也好。
And, possibly, it's just as well.
也许我们中的一些人永远不会成为医生
Maybe some of us would never have become doctors.
但总的来说,我们的工作还算不错。
But, taken all in all, the job we've done hasn't been a bad one.
我认为,在很大程度上,这是由于一种强大而狭隘的力量。
I think, for the most part,that's been due to a power great and narrow.
你迟早会学到那种力量,当你们的心准备好接受它时
You will learn something of that power, sooner or later,when your hearts are ready to receive it.
你们在这里待了这么多年,只能靠你们的头脑。
In the years you've been here, your minds are all you've had to use.
你只崇拜过一个圣地,科学,这是应该的。
You have worshiped at one shrine, science,and that is as it should be.
但是现在你们需要用你们的心,通过心灵你们会找到一个更神圣的圣地。
But now you will need to use your hearts and through them you will find an even holier shrine.
在你将遇到的苦难和痛苦中,你将学会爱你的同胞。
In the suffering and agony you will encounter,you will learn love of your fellow man.
你需要深入研究一个解剖学家从未发现过的人体部位
You will need to delve into a part of man no anatomist has ever found:
<我>他的灵魂。
His soul.
这家伙不是医生,他是个传教士。
The fellow is not a doctor, he's a missionary.
而且很无聊。
And a dull one at that.
因为我告诉你,你不能治愈一个身体的疾病,却让一个灵魂在痛苦中煎熬。
For I charge you,you cannot cure the ills of a body and leave a soul in torment.
这就是40年教给我的一切
This is all that 40 years has taught me.
不管怎样,我都要告诉你。
And for what it's worth, I pass it on to you.
还有一项特别的任命。
There remains the awarding of one special appointment.
我会让福斯特医生去做的。
I will ask Dr. Forster to do that.
我相信大家都知道,我的同事在这里营造出的兄弟般的友爱气氛,与我即将进行的约会毫无关系。
I'm sure you all realize that the warm atmosphere of brotherly love engendered here by my colleague has nothing to do with the appointment I am about to make.
这是纯粹为了科学研究的利益而制♥作♥的
It is made purely in the interest of scientific research.
明年我要请约翰·韦斯利·比文兄弟到我的实验室里讲一讲。
I'm going to ask brother John Wesley Beaven to hold forth in my laboratory during the coming year.
这应该可以证明,这些任命既不是基于个人喜好,当然也不是基于个人偏好。
This should prove that these appointments are based neither on personal congeniality,nor, of course, individual preference.
你接受这个约会吗,海狸兄弟
Do you accept the appointment, brother Beaven?
我很乐意,福斯特博士。
I'd be delighted, Dr. Forster.
和你一样,我也知道船比船员更重要。
Like you, I recognize that the ship is more important than the crew.
我可以告诉你一件事,你是一贯的。
Well, I'll say one thing for you, you're consistent.
你刚开始咬他的喉咙,现在还在抓着。
You started on his throat and you're still hanging on.
仪式到此结束。
This concludes the ceremony.
比尔,我真为你骄傲。
Oh, Bill, I'm so proud of you.
但是我恐怕这些学生中有些人没有智慧从你的话中获益。
But I'm afraid some of these students have not the wisdom to profit by your words.
他们为什么要听我这种老笨蛋的话?
Why should they listen to an old duffer like me?
来吧,我们喝点茶。
Come on, let's have some tea.
叫到你们的名字时,你们要回答。
You will answer as your names are called.
“劳伦斯木匠。”
"Laurence Carpenter."
在这里。
Here.
哦,是的。是的,当然。卡彭特先生。
Oh, yes. Yes, of course. Mr. Carpenter.
我们很荣幸能有木匠的继承人在我们中间。
We are honored to have the heir to the Carpenter millions in our midst.
先生,我已经得知,如果有奇迹发生,你能从这所学校毕业,公平地说,我们可以期待一大笔捐赠。
I have already been informed, sir, that if there is a miracle you are able to graduate from this institution,we may, in all fairness, expect a substantial endowment.
不幸的是,我甚至不认为这是一个足够的奖励, 让一个潜在的杀人犯来到这个毫无戒备的世界。
Unfortunately, I do not consider even that a sufficient reward for letting a potential murderer loose upon an unsuspecting world.
坐下来。
Sit down.
-拿点骨蜡来。快点。——骨蜡?
- Get some bone wax. Hurry. - Bone wax?
我说,拿点来。
Get some I said.
拿些骨蜡来。快。
Get some bone wax. Quick.
当你环顾四周,你会看到一些空的地方。
As you look around, you will see some empty places.
为了大学和整个世界的利益,班里有14名同学已经离开了我们。
For the good of the university and the world at large,fourteen members of this class are no longer with us.
这是非常有可能的,你们中许多留下来的人将很快加入他们。
It is very possible that a good many of you who remain will soon join them.
我提这事是为了让你觉得你没有什么可担心的。
I mention this so you won't think you have nothing more to worry about.
我宁愿要Tubby。他没有这家伙强硬。
I'd rather have Tubby any day. He wasn't as tough as this guy.
是的。
Yeah.
电影精选列表