我说,哪里有便宜的地方住?
Say, where is a cheap place to live?
在校园的另一边。
On the other side of the campus.
谢谢。
Thanks.
很糟糕,不是吗?
Pretty awful, ain't it?
地毯都破了。窗帘都要散架了。
Carpets all worn out. Curtains are falling to pieces.
说实话,我还敢带你去那真是个奇迹。
Honestly, it's a wonder I have the nerve to show the place.
等着看风景吧。
Wait till you see the view.
——有。-洗澡怎么样?
- There. - How about the bath?
——浴?-浴缸?
- Bath? - The bath?
洗澡吗?哦,洗澡。
The bath? Oh, the bath.
等一下,现在是早上。
Wait a minute, it's in the morning.
一个,两个……
One, two...
你将是第五名。你跟着安德森先生。
You'll be number five. You'll follow Mr. Anderson.
如果有人叫你,你就说我叫你的。
If anybody makes a holler, you just say I said so.
——谢谢。-好吧,我想就这些了。
- Thanks. - Well, I guess that's all.
祝你好运。
Good luck to you.
你知道的,就像在自己家一样。
And, you know, just make yourself at home.
进来。
Come in.
-喂,你不是比文吗?-是的,没错。
- Say, aren't you Beaven? - Yeah, that's right.
欢迎来到解剖武器。
Welcome to Autopsy Arms.
我一看到你在楼梯上,就觉得是你。
I thought I pegged you when I saw you on the stairs.
我是比尔安德森。你不记得我了,是吗?
I'm Bill Anderson. You don't remember me, do you?
对不起,你的脸很面熟,但是…
I'm sorry, your face is familiar, but...
它应该是。你踩得够狠了。
It should be. You stepped on it hard enough.
两年前在米德兰的比赛中我和你打过铲球。
I played tackle opposite you two years ago in the Midland game.
-我当然记得。坐下来。——谢谢。
- Sure I remember. Sit down. - Thanks.
见到你真高兴。
It's swell to see you.
你的家乡有很多好学校。
Say, there are a lot of good schools where you're from.
什么风把你吹来了?
What brought you way out here?
福斯特。
Forster.
哇,男孩。他的强硬。
Whoo, boy. He's tough.
走廊那头有个学长告诉我们。
There's an upperclassman down the hall telling us.
-他认识福斯特吗?-是啊,出来吧
- Does he know Forster? - Yeah, come on out.
他说得可真有道理。
He sure is laying it right on the line.
生物界的人就到此结束了。
And that winds up the biology crowd.
-伙计们,见见杰克·比文。嗨,杰克。
- Fellas, meet Jack Beaven. - Hi, Jack.
告诉我们你对福斯特说了什么。我想让杰克知道。
Tell us what you said about Forster. I want Jack to hear it.
一有机会就躲开福斯特。这是我的建议。
Duck Forster every chance you get. That's my advice.
他是毒药,大剂量的毒药。
He's poison, in big doses.
而是世界上最伟大的神经外科医生。
But the greatest neurological surgeon in the world.
我的朋友,他得有四倍的能力才能弥补他给你带来的痛苦。
My friend, he'd have to be four times as good to make up for what he puts you through.
-你会知道的。-他没开玩笑。
- You'll find out. - He's not kidding.
他要做什么?我们操作?
What's he going to do? Operate on us?
老家伙来了。
Here's the old boy now.
坐下,坐下。这里是手术室,不是棒球场。
Sit down, sit down. This is an operating room, not a ballpark.
出于某种只有你们自己知道的晦涩的原因,你们选择了从事医学研究。
It is for some obscure reason, known only to yourselves,you have elected to pursue the science of medicine.
我相信你的敏感不会因为看到一点血而感到不适。
I trust your delicate sensitivities will not be offended by the sight of a little blood.
如果是的话,你可以闭上眼睛。
If they are, you can close your eyes.
我们的许多顶尖医生在他们所有的专业工作中都遵循这种做法。
A practice followed by many of our leading doctors in all their professional work.
虽然他现在还不能承认这个介绍,但这是一个名叫“梅森”的人。
Though he's unable to acknowledge the introduction at the moment,this is a man named "Mason".
事实上,他的名字是“威廉”。
Actually, his name is "William".
他是医学无能的典型受害者。
He is a typical victim of medical incompetence.
12年来,他忍♥受了各种疾病的治疗。
For 12 years he's endured treatments for an assortment of maladies.
所有结果均为故障诊断。
All the results of faulty diagnosis.
他还接受了四次手术。
He also has submitted to four operations.
所有完全无用。
All utterly useless.
这一切都是因为,多年前,在这样的学校里,有一群像你们一样的人不愿意承担他们的责任。
And all because, years ago,in schools like this, there were groups of men like you who were unwilling to face their responsibilities.
而你,除非我能阻止,否则你也会犯下类似的罪行。
And you, unless I can prevent it,will go forth to do similar crimes.
在这里工作时间太长,你会不耐烦的。
You'll grow impatient with the long hours here.
那些苦差事,尖叫声,恶臭。
The drudgery, the screams, the stench.
所以你要跳出来,用你的次等手段对付另一个威廉·梅森。
So you'll pop out to do your inferior best on some other William Mason.
若干年后,他会被带到我身边,或者是别的什么人,他不会那么急着挂出他的带状疱疹,在他的脊髓里会发现一个年老的、意料不到的肿瘤。
Years later, he'll be brought to me,or some other man who wasn't in such a hurry to hang out his shingle,and an aged and unsuspected tumor will be found in his spinal cord.
我不想让你从这件事上看出我对梅森个人的一点关心都没有。
I don't want you to gather from this that I'm in the least concerned about Mason as an individual.
我担心的是,他12年的痛苦都是由于医疗培训的疏忽,这让那些人带着“医生”的头衔进入社会,他们什么都不知道,只知道每周两次坐在梅森的床边。
I'm concerned with the fact that his twelve years of agony are due to the sloppiness of medical training,which permits men to go out into the world bearing the title of "Doctor,"who know how to do nothing but sit by Mason's bedside twice a week.
看看他的病历,告诉他勇敢地振作起来,然后给他寄一份他们认为他的钱袋能装得下的天价账单。
Look at his chart, tell him to buck up bravely,and then send him as stiff a bill as they think his pocketbook will stand.
我向我的同行们以及即将加入他们的各位先生们表示敬意,现在我要着手纠正他们的错误。
With a gesture of respect toward the fellow members of my profession and to you gentlemen who are shortly to join them,I shall now proceed to rectify their mistakes.
都准备好了,医生。
All ready, Doctor.
现在,先生们,你们肯定认为没有一个病人会经历梅森由于你们的特别愚蠢所遭受的痛苦。
Now, gentlemen, you doubtless think that no patient will ever go through what Mason has gone through as the result of your particular stupidity.
请允许我向你保证,事实远非如此。
Allow me to assure you that nothing could be further from the truth.
你和其他医学院的初学者没什么不同。
You're no different than any other class of beginners in any medical school.
你的观点与此相反。
Your own opinions to the contrary.
统计数据表明,你们中至少有60%的人是完全愚蠢的,为了保护公众,你们会被要求离开。
Statistics prove that at least 60% of you are so completely dumb that you will be asked to leave for the protection of the general public.
现在,15%的学生将获得他们没有实际权利的文凭。
Now 15% of the class will receive diplomas for which they have no actual right.
还有15%的人将成为优秀的学生,从而成为优秀的医生。
Another 15% will emerge as better-than-average students and consequently as better-than-average doctors.
我的意思是你会比你的同伴造成更少的伤害。
By that, I mean you will cause less damage than your fellows.
在剩下的百分之十,最重要的百分之十,有可能发展出一些真正重要的东西,我现在要讲的就是你们,最重要的人。
Now in the remaining ten percent,the top ten percent,there is the chance of something of real importance may develop and it is to you, the top flight, that I now speak.
现在,从这一小群人中将会有纯粹的科学家,他们的生命中除了科学什么都没有。
Now from this small group will come the pure scientists in whose life there is room for nothing but science.
外面的人会认为你们的生活贫瘠而空虚。
Those on the outside will think your lives barren and empty.
你的内心会知道它们是丰富和充实的,因为对你来说,它们将会有成就。
You on the inside will know that they are rich and full because, for you, there will be accomplishment.
总有一天,会有人告诉我们我们想知道的关于癌症的事情。
Someone, someday, will tell us what we want to know about cancer.
总有一天,会有人给我们小儿麻痹症的治疗方法。
Someone, someday, will give us the cure for infantile paralysis.
如果我可以大胆预测的话,将实现这些壮举的两个人都已经出生了。
The two men who are to achieve these feats are,if I may venture a prediction, already born.
当然,他们可能是经验丰富的科学家,现在正处于发现的前夕。
Of course, it may be that they are experienced scientists now on the eve of their discoveries.
但也可能是某些医学院的学生。
But it may be that they are students in some medical school.
这两个人现在可能就在这个房♥间里。
These two men may be in this room now.
当我叫到你们的名字时,你们要站起来,表明身份。
When I call your names, you will rise and identify yourselves.
“威廉·安德森。”
"William Anderson."
在这里,先生。
Here, sir.
先生们,安德森先生显然是外科专业的候选人。
Gentlemen, Mr. Anderson obviously is a candidate for specialization in surgery.
既然大自然赋予他一双只适于拔树桩的手,毫无疑问,他会选择从事一项需要非常精细和技巧的事业。
Since nature has seen fit to endow him with hands suitable only for stump-pulling,he will no doubt elect to pursue a career requiring great delicacy and skill.
你可以坐下了,安德森先生。
You may sit down, Mr. Anderson.
“w .祸害。”
"W. Bane."
在这里,先生。
Here, sir.
我看"W"不代表"威廉"
I see the "W" does not stand for "William".
-我叫威妮弗雷德,福斯特博士。——事实上。
- My name is Winifred, Dr. Forster. - Indeed.
所以你决定克服性别的障碍去做男人的工作?
And so you have decided to overcome the handicap of your sex and go out to do a man's work?
或者你以为自己是白衣天使,给那些幸运的人带来欢乐和幸福, 去感受你冰凉的手抚在他们发热的眉毛上?
Or do you perhaps see yourself as some ministering angel in white,bringing joy and happiness to those fortunate enough to feel your cool hands upon their fevered brows?
不,福斯特博士。
Neither, Dr. Forster.
我看不出为什么,因为我是一个女人,我不应该成为一个好医生。
I see no reason why, because I am a woman, I should not be a good doctor.
贝恩小姐,你太乐观了。
Miss Bane, you are inclined to be too optimistic.
你可以坐下了。
You may sit down.
“约翰卫斯理Beaven。”
"John Wesley Beaven."
请站起来,约翰·韦斯利,让会众看到你。
Kindly stand up, John Wesley, let the congregation see you.
我注意到,约翰·韦斯利,你来的这所大学是一所正直的小学校,主要从事培养牧师。
I notice, John Wesley, that the college from which you come is a righteous little institution,engaged chiefly in the manufacture and disbursement of preachers.
你会有兴趣知道我们有一项长♥期♥奖励 只要能证明人体内存在灵魂的解剖。
You will be interested to know that we have a standing reward here for any dissection that proves the existence of a soul in the human body.
先生,奖金是多少?
How much is the prize, sir?
我很乐意签支票,海狸兄弟。
I shall be glad to sign the check, brother Beaven.
我让你来填这些数字。
I'll let you fill in the figures.
作为信仰之子,你肯定相信有来世吧?
As a son of faith, you doubtless believe in the existence of a hereafter?
你不是吗?
Do you not?
先生,这是一种理论,据我所知,还没有科学证明它是错的。
Well, it's a theory, sir, that science so far as I know, hasn't yet disproved.
贝文兄弟,科学关心的是事实,而不是形而上学。——是的,先生。
Science concerns itself with facts, brother Beaven,not metaphysics. - Yes, sir.
你在这里不会对牧师关于解剖学或病理学的观点感兴趣。
You will find no interest here in the churchman's views on anatomy or pathology.
我很能理解,先生。
I can quite understand that, sir.
科学家的观点对宗教没有任何意义。
Any more than a scientist's viewpoint would be of any interest on religion.
我想,海狸兄弟,你会发现你来错地方了。
I suspect, brother Beaven, you will find you have come here by mistake.
花言巧语属于讲坛。
Rhetoric belongs in the pulpit.
不是在实验室!
Not the laboratory!
我一直这么认为,先生,直到今天。
I had always supposed so, sir, until today.
安静!
Quiet!
如果再出现这种低能的笑声,我就不上课了。
If there is any more of this moronic laughter, I'll dismiss the class.
好了,比文先生,就这样吧。
All right, Mr. Beaven, that will do.
现在。
For now.
“亚历山大·克拉克森。”
"Alexander Clarkson."
亚历山大·克拉克森!
Alexander Clarkson!
哦,Beaven先生!
Oh, Mr. Beaven!
在那个狗窝里是什么感觉?
What's it like in that little doghouse?
我是为自己开的门,不是吗?
I did kind of open the door for myself, didn't I?
嗯,搬过去。我们会一起挤在那里。
Well, move over. We're going to be crowded in there together.
你确实帮了自己的忙。
Well, you certainly greased the skids for yourself.
电影精选列表