- True. - They will suck up huge resources.
- True. - They will suck up huge resources.
- Huge resources. Certainly. - That sooner or later,
-巨大的资源。当然。 -迟早,
Governments will have to turn to scientists and ask them
政♥府♥ 将不得不求助于科学家并询问他们
Whether it's worth committing those resources,
是否值得 投入这些资源,
Whether there is any hope
是否有 任何希望
Of producing the weapons in time for them to be used.
关于武器的生产 以便及时使用。
Wait-- so they will have to turn to you and me.
等等,他们会的 必须转向你和我。
We are the ones
我们才是
Who will have to advise them whether to go ahead or not.
谁来给他们提建议 是否继续。
In the end,
最后,
The decision will be in our hands, whether we like it or not.
决定将是 不管我们喜欢与否,都掌握在我们手中。
That's what you want to tell me?
这就是你 想告诉我吗?
That's what I want to tell you.
这就是我想要的 告诉你。
That's why you have come all this way with so much difficulty?
这就是你来的原因 这么艰难地走了这么远?
That's why you have thrown away nearly 20 years of friendship?
这就是为什么你有 抛弃了近20年的友谊?
- Simply to tell me that? - Simply to tell you that.
-就这么告诉我? -简单地告诉你。
But Heisenberg, this is more mysterious than ever.
但是海森堡,这是 比以往任何时候都更加神秘。
What are you telling me it for?
你是干什么的 告诉我是为了什么?
What am I supposed to do about it?
我该怎么办 怎么办?
The government of occupied Denmark isn't going to come to me
政♥府♥ 被占领的丹麦不会来找我
And ask me whether we should produce nuclear weapons.
问我 我们是否应该生产核武器。
No, but sooner or later,
没有,但迟早,
If I manage to stay in control of our program,
如果我能留下来 在控制我们的程序时,
The german government is going to come to me.
德国政♥府♥ 他会来找我的。
They are going to ask me whether to continue or not.
他们要问我 是否继续。
I will have to decide what to tell them.
我必须做出决定 告诉他们什么。
Then you have an easy way out of your difficulties.
那么,你有一个简单的方法 摆脱你的困难。
You tell them the same truth that you've just told me.
你告诉他们同样的事实 你刚才告诉我的。
You tell them how difficult it will be.
你告诉他们 这将是多么困难。
And perhaps they'll be discouraged, perhaps they'll lose interest.
也许 他们会气馁,也许会失去兴趣。
There was a report in a stockholm newspaper
有一份报告 斯德哥尔摩的一家报纸
That the americans are working on an atomic bomb.
美国人 正在研制原♥子♥弹♥。
Ah. Now it comes,
啊。现在它来了,
Now it comes. Now I understand everything.
现在它来了。现在我明白了一切。
You think I have contacts with the americans.
你以为我有联♥系♥吗 与美国人。
Well, you may. It's just conceivable.
好吧,你可以。这是可以想象的。
If anybody in occupied Europe does, it will be you.
如果有人 在被占领的欧洲,这将是你。
So you do want to know about the allied nuclear program.
所以你确实想知道 盟军的核计划。
I simply want to know if there is one.
我只是想知道 如果有的话。
Some hint. Some clue.
一些提示。一些线索。
I've just betrayed my country and risked my life
我刚刚 背叛了我的国家,冒着生命危险
To warn you of the german program.
警告你 德国节目。
And now I'm supposed to return the compliment?
现在我应该 以回报赞美?
Bohr, I have to know. I'm the one who has to decide.
波尔,我必须知道。我必须做出决定。
If the allies are building a bomb, what am I choosing for my country?
如果盟友是 制♥造♥炸♥弹♥,我为我的国家选择了什么?
Germany is where I was born.
德国在哪里 我出生了。
Germany is where I became what I am.
德国在哪里 我变成了现在的我。
Germany is all the faces of my childhood,
德国是所有的面孔 我的童年,
All the hands that picked me up when I fell,
所有的手 当我跌倒时,它把我抱了起来,
All the voices that encouraged me, that set me on my way,
所有的声音 这激励了我,让我走上了正轨,
All the hearts that speak to my heart.
所有的心 这句话触动了我的心。
Germany is my widowed mother,
德国 是我寡居的母亲,
My impossible brother, my wife! Germany is our children!
我不可能的兄弟,我的妻子!德国是我们的孩子!
I have to know what I'm deciding for them!
我必须知道 我为他们做的决定!
Another defeat?
又一次失败?
Another nightmare like the nightmare I grew up with?
又一场噩梦 就像我长大的噩梦?
Bohr, my childhood ended in anarchy and civil war.
波尔,我的童年结束了 在无政♥府♥状态和内战中。
Are more children going to starve as we did?
孩子多了吗 会像我们一样挨饿吗?
But my dear Heisenberg, there's nothing I can tell you.
但我亲爱的海森堡,我什么也不能告诉你。
I've no idea whether there's an allied nuclear program.
我不知道是否有 盟军的核计划。
Heisenberg: But that allied nuclear program
海森堡:但盟军的核计划
Is just getting underway even as we're talking.
刚刚开始 就在我们谈话的时候。
And the bomb they're building is to be used on us.
他们正在制♥造♥的炸♥弹♥ 是用来对付我们的。
On the evening of Hiroshima, oppenheimer said
广岛之夜,奥本海默说
It was his one regret
这是他唯一的遗憾
That they hadn't produced the bomb in time to use on Germany.
他们没有生产 及时将炸♥弹♥用于德国。
He tormented himself afterwards.
他折磨自己 之后。
Afterwards, yes. At least we tormented ourselves beforehand.
之后,是的。至少 我们事先折磨了自己。
Did a single one of them stop to think
他们中有一个 停下来思考
Even for a brief moment about what they were doing?
哪怕只是一瞬间 他们在做什么?
Did you when you went to los alamos?
你去的时候 去洛斯阿♥拉♥莫斯?
My dear good Heisenberg, we weren't supplying the bomb to Hitler.
亲爱的海森堡,我们没有向希♥特♥勒♥提供炸♥弹♥。
You weren't dropping it on Hitler, either.
你没掉下来 希♥特♥勒♥也是。
You were dropping it on anyone within reach--
你刚才掉下来了 在任何触手可及的人身上——
On old men and women in the street-- on mothers and their children--
关于老人 街头妇女——关于母亲和她们的孩子——
And if you had produced it in time,
如果你有 及时生产出来,
They would have been my fellow countrymen,
他们本来会 我的同胞们,
My wife, my children. That was the intention, yes?
我的妻子,我的孩子。这就是意图,是吗?
That was the intention.
这就是意图。
You never had the slightest conception
你从来没有 最轻微的概念
Of what happens when bombs are dropped on cities.
当炸♥弹♥爆♥炸♥时会发生什么 被投放到城市中。
Even conventional bombs. None of you ever experienced it.
甚至是常规炸♥弹♥。你们谁也没经历过。
You know why allied scientists worked on the bomb?
你知道为什么联盟科学家 在炸♥弹♥上工作?
Of course. Fear.
当然。恐惧。
The same fear that consumed you,
同样的恐惧 它吞噬了你,
Because they were afraid that you were working on it.
因为他们害怕 你当时正在做这件事。
But Bohr, you could have told them.
但是玻尔,你可以 告诉他们。
- Told them what? - What I told you in 1941...
-告诉他们什么? -我在1941年告诉过你。。。
That the choice is in our hands-- mine and oppenheimer's.
这就是选择 在我们手中——我和奥本海默的。
That if I can tell them the simple truth when they ask me,
如果可以的话 当他们问我的时候,告诉他们简单的真♥相♥,
The simple discouraging truth, so can he.
简单的沮丧 真理,他也可以。
This is what you wanted from me?
这就是 你想从我这里得到什么?
Not to tell you what the americans were doing, but to stop them?
不告诉你 美国人除了阻止他们,还在做什么?
To tell them we can stop it together.
告诉他们我们可以 一起阻止它。
I had no contact with the americans.
我没有联♥系♥ 与美国人。
You did with the british.
你对英国人做了。
Only later.
只有以后。
The gestapo intercepted the message you sent them about our meeting.
盖世太保截获了 你发给他们的关于我们会议的信息。
- And passed it to you? - Why not?
-然后把它传给你? -为什么不呢?
They began to trust me. That's what gave me the opportunity
他们开始信任我。这就是给我机会的原因
Of remaining in control of events.
保持控制 事件。
Not to criticize, Heisenberg,
不要批评,海森堡,
But if this was your plan in coming to Copenhagen,
但如果这是你的计划 来到哥本哈根,
It's-- what can I say?
我能说什么呢?
It's most interesting.
这很有趣。
It wasn't a plan, it was a hope. Not even a hope--
这不是计划,这是一种希望。甚至没有希望——
A microscopically fine thread of possibility.
显微镜下 可能性的细微线索。
A wild improbability.
野生的 不可能。
Worth trying though, Bohr. Worth trying, surely.
值得一试,波尔。值得一试,当然。
But already you were too angry to understand what I was saying.
但你已经是 太生气了,听不懂我在说什么。
No, why he was angry was because he was beginning to understand.
不,他为什么生气 因为他开始明白了。
The germans drive out most of their best physicists
德国人开车出去了 他们大多数最优秀的物理学家
Because they're jews; america and britain give them sanctuary.
因为他们是犹太人;美国 英国为他们提供庇护。
Now it seems that this might offer the allies a hope of salvation.
现在看来,这 可能会给盟友带来救赎的希望。
And at once you came howling here to Niels,
你立刻就来了 向尼尔斯咆哮,
Begging him to persuade them to give it up.
乞求他 说服他们放弃。
Margrethe, my love, perhaps we should express ourselves a little more temperately.
玛格丽特,亲爱的,也许吧 我们应该稍微温和一点地表达自己。
But the gall of it. The sheer, breathtaking gall of it.
但它的胆汁。它纯粹的、令人惊叹的胆汁。
Bold skiing, I have to say.
大胆滑雪,我不得不说。
But, Bohr,
但是,玻尔,
We weren't skiing then.
那时我们没有滑雪。
I refused to believe it when I first heard the news of Hiroshima.
我简直不敢相信 当我第一次听说广岛的消息时。
I thought it was just one of those
我以为是 只是其中之一
Strange dreams we were living in at the time--
我们做了奇怪的梦 生活在那个时代——
But you'd done it. You'd built the bomb.
但你做到了。你制♥造♥了炸♥弹♥。
- Bohr: Yes. - And used it on a living target.
-玻尔:是的。 -并将其用于活体目标。
- On a living target. - You're not suggesting
-在一个活生生的目标上。 -你不是在暗示
That Niels did anything wrong by working at los alamos?
尼尔斯做错了什么 在洛斯阿♥拉♥莫斯工作?
- Of course not. - The decision had been taken
-当然不会。 -决定已经做出
Long before Niels arrived.
早在尼尔斯到来之前。
电影精选列表