Fission, mostly. And you?
裂变,主要是。你呢?
- Various things. - Margrethe: Fission?
-各种各样的东西。 -玛格丽特:裂变?
Sometimes I'm very envious of your cyclotron.
有时 我很羡慕你的回旋加速器。
Why? Are you working on fission yourself?
为什么?你在工作吗 关于裂变?
Heisenberg: There are over 30 in the United States.
海森堡:美国有30多个。
Whereas in the whole of Germany--
然而,总体而言 德国--
Well...
好。。。
"whereas in Germany"-- you were saying?
“而在德国”-- 你刚才说什么?
There is not one single cyclotron.
没有 单回旋加速器。
Bohr: You haven't come to borrow the cyclotron, have you?
玻尔:你不是来借回旋加速器的吧?
That's not why you've come to Copenhagen?
这不是原因 你来哥本哈根了?
No. That's not why I've come to Copenhagen.
不,这不是原因 我来哥本哈根了。
I'm sorry. We mustn't jump to conclusions.
我很抱歉。我们不能妄下结论。
No, we must, none of us,
不,我们必须,我们都没有,
Jump to conclusions of any sort.
跳到结论 任何种类的。
We must wait patiently to be told.
我们必须耐心等待 待告知。
It's not always easy to explain things to the world at large.
解释起来并不总是那么容易 对整个世界的事情。
I realize that we must always be conscious
我意识到我们必须 始终保持清醒
Of the wider audience our words may have,
更广泛的受众 我们的话可能有,
But the lack of cyclotrons in Germany is surely not a military secret.
但是回旋加速器的缺乏 在德国,这肯定不是军事秘密。
I've no idea what's a secret and what isn't.
我不知道什么是秘密 什么不是。
No secret either, about why there aren't any.
也没有秘密,为什么没有。
You can't say it, but I can. It's because the nazis
你不能说,但我可以。因为纳粹
Have systematically undermined theoretical physics.
有系统地破坏 理论物理学。
Why?
为什么?
Because so many people working in the field were jews.
因为这么多人 在田里干活的是犹太人。
Margrethe: Physics, yes? Physics?
玛格丽特:物理,是吗?物理?
- This is physics. - It's also politics.
-这是物理学。 -这也是政♥治♥。
The two are sometimes painfully difficult to keep apart.
这两个人有时很痛苦 很难分开。
Are you in touch with any of our friends in England?
你和谁有联♥系♥吗 我们在英国的朋友?
Born? Chadwick?
出生?查德威克?
Heisenberg... We're under german occupation.
海森堡…我们 在德国占领下。
Germany's at war with britain.
德国处于战争状态 与英国。
I thought you might have contacts of some sort...
我以为你可能有 某种联♥系♥。。。
Or people in america? We're not at war with america.
还是美国人?我们没有和美国开战。
Yet.
然而。
You've not heard from pauli in princeton? Goudsmit? Fermi?
你还没听说 来自普林斯顿的保利?古兹米特?费米?
What do you want to know?
你想要什么 知道吗?
I was simply... Curious.
我只是。。。好奇。
You realize...
你知道。。。
We both have good friends in the german embassy here...
我们都有好朋友 在这里的德国大使♥馆♥。。。
Who are quite old-fashioned
谁很安静 老式的
In the way they use their influence.
他们使用的方式 他们的影响力。
They would certainly be trying to see
他们当然会 试图看到
That distinguished local citizens were able to work undisturbed.
这是杰出的 当地居民能够不受干扰地工作。
Are you telling me
你是在告诉我吗
That I'm being protected by your friends in the embassy?
我受到了保护 你在大使♥馆♥的朋友?
What I'm saying is that...
我在说什么 那是。。。
You might find congenial company there.
你可能会发现 那里有一个和蔼可亲的公♥司♥。
I know people who would feel very honored
我认识人 谁会感到非常荣幸
If you were able to accept the occasional invitation.
如果你能接受 偶尔的邀请。
To cocktail parties in the german embassy?
参加鸡尾酒会 在德国大使♥馆♥?
Coffee and cakes with the nazi plenipotentiary?
咖啡和蛋糕 纳粹全权代表?
Lectures, perhaps...
讲座,也许。。。
Discussion groups.
讨论小组。
Social contacts of any sort
社交联♥系♥ 任何种类
Could be... Helpful.
可能是…有用的。
I'm sure they could.
我确信他们可以。
Essential, perhaps, in certain circumstances.
也许是必不可少的,在某些情况下。
- In what "circumstances"? - I think we both know.
-在什么“情况”下? -我想我们都知道。
Because I'm half jewish?
因为我 半犹太人?
We all at one time or another may need the help of our friends.
我们都在同一时间 或者其他人可能需要我们朋友的帮助。
Is this why you've come to Copenhagen?
这就是你来的原因吗 哥本哈根?
To invite me to watch the deportation of my fellow danes
邀请我观看 驱逐我的丹麦同胞
From a grandstand seat in the windows of the german embassy?
从看台上 坐在德国大使♥馆♥的窗户里?
Bohr, please! Please!
波尔,求你了!拜托!
What else can I do? How else can I help?
我还能做什么?我还能帮上什么忙吗?
It's an impossibly difficult situation for you,
这太难了 你的处境,
I understand that.
我明白。
It's also an impossibly difficult situation for me.
这也是不可能的 对我来说很困难。
( sighs )
(叹气)
( door creaks )
(门吱吱作响)
I'm sure you have the best of intentions.
我肯定你有 最好的意图。
Forget what I said.
忘记我说的话。
- Unless-- - unless I need to remember it.
-除非 -除非我需要记住它。
In any case, that's not why I've come.
无论如何,这不是我来的原因。
Do you remember where we first met?
你还记得吗 我们第一次见面是在哪里?
Of course. At gottingen in 1922.
当然。 1922年在戈廷根。
At a lecture festival... Held in your honor.
在一个演讲节上。。。为纪念你而举♥行♥。
It was a high honor. I was very conscious of it.
这是一种崇高的荣誉。我非常清楚这一点。
You were being honored for two reasons.
你很荣幸 有两个原因。
Firstly, because you were a great physicist.
首先,因为你 是一位伟大的物理学家。
- Yes, yes. - And secondly...
-是的,是的。 -其次。。。
Because you were one of the few people in Europe
因为你是其中之一 欧洲为数不多的人
Who was prepared to have dealings with Germany.
谁准备好了 与德国打交道。
The war had been over for four years,
战争已经结束了 四年来,
We were still lepers. You held out your hand to us.
我们还是麻风病人。你向我们伸出了手。
You bit it.
你咬了它。
Bit it?
咬它?
Bit my hand. You did.
咬我的手。你做到了。
I held it out in my most statesmanlike and reconciliatory way,
我把它拿出来了 以我最有政♥治♥家风度和和解的方式,
And you gave it a very nasty nip.
你给了它 非常讨厌的咬。
I did?
是吗?
The first time I ever set eyes on you,
第一次 我曾经见过你,
One of those lectures I was giving in gottingen.
其中一场讲座 我屈服于戈廷根。
- What are you talking about? - You stood up and laid into me.
-你在说什么? -你站起来躺在我身上。
- I offered a few comments. - Beautiful summer's day...
-我提出了一些意见。 -美丽的夏日。。。
The scent of roses drifting in from the gardens.
玫瑰的香味飘进来 从花♥园♥。
Rows of eminent physicists and mathematicians,
一排排杰出的物理学家 数学家,
All nodding approval of my benevolence and wisdom.
全部点头同意 我的仁慈和智慧。
Suddenly up jumps a cheeky young pup
突然跳起来 一只厚脸皮的小狗
And tells me my mathematics are wrong.
告诉我 我的数学错了。
They were wrong.
他们错了。
How old were you?
你多大了?
20.
20.
( chuckles )
(轻笑)
Margrethe: And Niels has suddenly decided to love him again,
玛格丽特:尼尔斯突然决定再次爱他,
In spite of everything.
尽管如此。
Why? What happened?
为什么?怎么搞的?
Was it the recollection of that summer's day in gottingen?
是回忆吗 在戈廷根的那个夏日?
Or everything? Or nothing at all?
或者一切?还是什么都没有?
Whatever it was, by the time we sat down to dinner,
不管是什么,到那时 我们坐下来吃晚饭,
The cold ashes have started into flame once again.
冰冷的灰烬已经开始了 再次燃烧。
You were always so combative!
你总是 太好斗了!
It was the same when we played table tennis at tisvilde.
当 我们在蒂斯维尔德打乒乓球。
Well, I wanted to win. Of course, I wanted to win. You wanted to win.
嗯,我想赢。当然,我想赢。你想赢。
I wanted an agreeable game of table tennis.
我想要 一场令人愉快的乒乓球比赛。
You couldn't see the expression on your face.
你不能 看看你脸上的表情。
I could see the expression on yours.
我能看见 你脸上的表情。
What about those games of poker, then, at the ski hut at bayrischzell?
那些扑克游戏怎么样,那么,在贝利施泽尔的滑雪小屋呢?
You once cleaned us out, you remember that?
你曾经把我们清理干净,你还记得吗?
With a nonexistent straight!
与一个不存在 直!
We're all mathematicians. We're all counting cards.
我们都是数学家。我们都在数牌。
We're all 90% certain he hasn't got anything.
我们都有90%的把握 他什么都没有。
But on he goes, raising us, and raising us.
但他继续抚养我们,并抚养我们。
This insane confidence.
这种疯狂的自信。
Till our faith in mathematical probability
直到我们的信仰 数学概率论
Begins to waver, and one by one we all throw in.
开始动摇,我们一个接一个地投入其中。
I thought I had a straight! I misread the cards. I bluffed myself!
我以为我有一个直!我误读了卡片。我自欺欺人!
( laughs ) poor Niels.
(笑)可怜的尼尔斯。
电影精选列表