Depth charge.
深水炸♥弹♥
- It blew up?
它爆♥炸♥了?
- It blew up.
它爆♥炸♥了
The Meridian blew up?
子午线爆♥炸♥了?
Yeah.
是的
You see, where there's an impact of metal on metal.
看到了吗,当一块金属作用于另一块金属
In this area, the devices are maybe 50-75cm apart.
在这个区域,设备之间可能有50到75厘米的距离
If there's an arc in the flow of the circuit...
但要是电路的走向有一个弧度
Yeah.
嗯
Just as it's penetrating the electrical fuel pump,
就当它穿过电动燃油泵的时候
then the gas tank will blow up.
油箱就会爆♥炸♥
It's just a simple chain reaction.
这就是一种简单的连锁反应
So you're saying that, if the car is hit from the rear,
你是在说,要是那车受到来自后方的撞击
when the left-turn signal is functioning,
而同时左转向灯正在工作
it just might blow up.
它就可能爆♥炸♥
Correct.
没错
If you are really interested in this, why don't you read my report?
你要是真的感兴趣,为什么不去读我的报告?
And let's have a coffee.
我们喝杯咖啡吧
The report...
报告……
When you filed this report, did you give a copy to Getchell?
你提交这份报告的时候,给格彻尔一份了吗?
- To the company.
交给公♥司♥了
- May I see another copy?
我能看副本吗?
No, the company has it, of course.
没有了,只有公♥司♥有,当然
- The company has everything?
全都在公♥司♥那里?
- Yep.
对
Except my notes.
除了我的笔记
- You do have notes?
你还有笔记?
- Of course.
当然
- May I see those, please?
请让我看看行吗?
- No.
不行
No?
不行?
If you want my notes, you need to go to Iron Mountain.
想要我的笔记,你就得去铁山公♥司♥
(美国一家专注于存储备份、数据安全的公♥司♥)
Sugar?
要糖吗?
Thank you.
谢谢
Miller's left the office. You want me to try him at home?
米勒不在办公室,需要我给他家打电♥话♥吗?
No, no.
不,不用
I think I should have died the day Nixon resigned.
我想我应该死在尼克松辞职的那一天
Look at this. See? Look.
看这个,看见了吗?
See this? This guy here.
看见吗?这个家伙
How about I make you some dinner at my place?
到我家我给你做点吃的怎么样?
No. Thank you, but...
不,谢谢,只是……
I'm really not very hungry.
我不是很饿
So...
那么……
Anyway, listen. I think I found something pretty interesting.
那好,听着,我想我发现了很有意思的东西
What's that?
什么?
A commendation letter from Flannery to Getchell.
一封推荐信,弗兰纳里写给格彻尔的
Do you remember an Argo research guy, Alexander Pavel?
你记得阿尔戈一个搞研究的,叫亚历山大·帕维尔吗?
- Yeah.
记得
- Look at this.
看这个
Thank God.
感谢上帝
I don't know. Maggie, we're talking about Argo Motors.
我不知道,麦琪,我们在说阿尔戈汽车公♥司♥
- They have guys who research everything.
他们有一帮什么都研究的家伙
- Not everything.
也不是事无巨细
A glitch that takes three or four things to happen simultaneously could slip by.
一个让三四件事同时发生的小故障就可能被忽略
I get Getchell to come clean. We settle quietly out of court.
我要让格彻尔全盘招供,我们在法庭外悄悄解决掉
Argo Motors kisses my feet for avoiding a public scandal.
帮阿尔戈汽车避免了公共丑闻,他们得吻我的脚
Maybe, maybe. Then again, maybe Pavel is a nut bar.
也许,也许吧。但我还是要说,也许帕维尔是个疯子
Maybe.
也许
I grant you, these days, the guy is a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic.
我准许你那么说,这么多年来,那家伙英雄无用武之地
But somebody was at home when that report was made.
但是那份报告提交的时候上面是有人知道的
Mr Getchell is returning your call.
格彻尔先生回电♥话♥了
Oh, it's our good buddy from Argo!
噢,是我们阿尔戈的好兄弟
- Dr Getchell.
格彻尔博士
- Miss Ward, how are you?
沃德小姐,你好吗?
I'm fine, sir. How would you like to discuss Alexander Pavel?
很好,先生。跟我谈谈亚历山大·帕维尔怎么样?
Alexander Pavel is a senile old fool.
亚历山大·帕维尔是个老傻瓜
So you didn't take his advice on the blinker circuit?
所以你没有接受他关于转向灯电路的建议了?
I decided his test results were inconclusive
我认定他的测试结论是不可靠的
and informed Mr Flannery, the chief executive officer at the time.
并且通知了弗兰纳里先生,当时的CEO
People were blown up, sir.
可是很多人遭遇爆♥炸♥了,先生
We changed that light in the next model year.
我们在第二个车型年度就改进了转向灯系统
I suggest you get an attorney.
我建议你找个律师
I've already talked to one.
我已经和律师谈过了
It was right at the time the report came out. He said we had nothing to worry about.
报告出来的时候我是对的,他说我们没什么可担心的
What idiot told you that?
哪个蠢货跟你那么说?
If I'm not mistaken, he's your boss.
要是我没弄错的话,他是你的老板
Michael Grazier.
迈克尔·格雷泽
Miss Ward? Are you there?
沃德小姐,你还在吗?
What? What did he say?
怎么了?他说什么?
Maggie?
麦琪?
It was a rough time. I was buried, working on 50 things at once.
那是一段苦日子,我被淹没了,同时操劳五十件事
It got lost in the shuffle.
混乱中就没把它当回事
You gave advice on something you hadn't reviewed.
你竟然对你没有审查的东西提建议
I mistook it for another report.
我把它当成另一份报告了
Why didn't you tell somebody?
为什么不告诉别人?
Well, Quinn had just made me liaison with Argo's in-house counselor.
呃,奎恩让我做与阿尔戈内部律师的联络员
That was a huge plum.
那可是一块大馅饼
If I did it well, they were gonna give me all of Argo's litigation.
要是我♥干♥好了,他们就会把所有阿尔戈的诉讼给我
Not a good time to appear sloppy.
我可不敢马虎
Now what?
现在怎么办?
We have to lose it.
我们只好把它扔掉
I am not going to be a party to destroying evidence.
我可不干销毁证据的事
Maggie, Argo paid this firm a little over 8 million dollars in fees last year.
麦琪,阿尔戈去年付给我们律所超过八百万美元
Do you want to jeopardize that?
你想危害这些利益吗?
We'd hurt ourselves and the client. It would compound the mistake.
我们已经伤害了自己和客户,那可是错上加错
- Michael, people were killed!
迈克尔,很多人被害死了!
- Yes, I know that.
是的,我知道
It was a bad mistake, but it's done. Over. We have to move on.
那是个差劲的错误,但是已经过去了,我们应该向前看
I don't know.
我不知道
What? What don't you know?
什么?你不知道什么?
People make mistakes. Mea culpa.
人非圣贤,是我的错
But they don't want to trash their lives. Guilty as charged.
但人们不会因此放弃生活,罪如所诉
Sometimes you have to learn the hard way.
有时候你需要吃一堑长一智
You know, you're not the only one that doesn't sleep at night.
知道吗,你可不是唯一睡不好觉的人
OK. Tell me you don't make mistakes yourself.
好吧,告诉我你只是不想亲手去做
Maggie.
麦琪
Maggie, come on, please.
麦琪,好了,求求你
If you have any feelings for me, please.
要是你对我还有感情的话,拜托
Think about this for a while, huh?
好好想一想,嗯?
Hey, come on.
嘿,好啦
Oh, Michael, no.
哦,迈克尔,不
What?
什么?
You didn't give me this case to help my career.
你给我这个案子不是为了促进我的职业生涯
You wanted to cover your ass.
是为了盖你的丑事
If this ever came up, who better to keep your secret than someone you're sleeping with?
要是出了事,保守秘密的最佳人选莫过于和你上♥床♥的人
You asked me for this case.
你自己问我要这个案子的
You threw the bait down and waited for me to snap it up.
是你投下诱饵等我上钩
Maybe this isn't completely clear to you, Maggie. If I go down, so do you.
也许你还没弄清楚,麦琪。要是我被拉下马,你也一样
- I haven't done anything wrong.
我可没犯什么错
- You're about to.
你就要犯了
You're gonna break rule no. 1, which is don't fuck your friends.
你要违反一号♥规则,就是不该耍你的朋友
You turn on me, every lie here is gonna turn on you.
你要是耍了我,这里所有的谎言都会指向你
You'll be on the bricks faster than you can dream of.
你要倒的霉是你不能想象的
When you try to tie into another firm, you'll be lucky to get hired as a messenger.
你要是想跳槽到另一家律所,
能被录取为传话员就很走运了
I guess that's a risk I have to take.
我愿意冒这个险
Look around you, Maggie.
左右看看吧,麦琪
I'm all you've got, anywhere.
不管到哪,你只有我罩着
Now, you do this, you are all alone.
现在,你要是敢这样,就是孤家寡人了
Frederick, the way I see things...
弗雷德里克,我看问题的方式……
电影精选列表