愧疚...
Guilt...
是一种幻觉
it's an illusion,
是一种社会控制机制
a mechanism of social control.
这种情绪 对身体很不好
It's very unhealthy, does terrible things to the body.
你小时候是什么样 泰德
What about when you were young, Ted?
你的情绪状态是什么
What was your emotional state of mind?
困惑
Confusion.
我一直无法理解是什么让人们想成为朋友
I could never understand what made people want to be friends,
是什么让人们互相吸引
or what made people attracted to one another,
什么是社会交往的基础
or what underlays social interactions.
我会观察人们
I'd watch people
看他们去感受
and see them feel,
但 谁知道呢 我是不会像他们那样
but, I don't know, I could never be like them.
你记得第一次感到那种冲动的时候吗
Do you remember the first time you felt the urges?
我肯定幻想过
I certainly fantasized.
当我还是个十二三岁的小孩的时候
Well, as a young boy of 12 or 13,
我在家外面 当地药店或者杂货店
I'd encountered soft-core pornography,
接触到一些软色情读物
outside the home, local drug or grocery stores.
年轻小伙子
Young boys,
会在邻居家附近的小路上探索
they explore the sideways and byways of their neighborhood.
我家的周围经常会有人扔垃圾
And in our neighborhood, people would dump their garbage,
时不时的
and from time to time,
我们能找到一些
we'd come across books
有图像的书
of a more graphic nature,
像是侦探杂♥志♥之类的
detective magazines and so on.
这里我想强调一点
Well, I wanna emphasize this,
最危险的色情作品
the most damaging kind of pornography,
我说的是真正的个人经历
I'm talking from real personal experience here,
是那种包括暴♥力♥和性暴♥力♥那种
is the kind which involves violence and sexual violence.
两种暴♥力♥的结合
The wedding of those two forces,
效果简直不能更好
as I know only too well,
带来的后果跟本无法描述
well, it brings about behavior that is too terrible to describe.
什么时候你的幻想变成了现实
When did fantasy become a reality?
作为青少年
As a teen,
我曾经尽量去克制那种
I was dealing with very strong inhibitions
强烈的暴♥力♥和犯罪倾向
against violent and criminal behavior
那些被家庭 学校 教堂
that had been conditioned and bred into me by my environment,
灌输给我的意识
the neighborhood, schools, church.
很难去描述
It's a very difficult thing to describe,
我觉得自己到达了一个爆发点
the sensation of reaching a point
我知道我再也控制不住了
where I knew I couldn't control it anymore.
我小时候设置的障碍
The barriers I had learned as a child
不足以阻止我
were not enough to hold me back
出去寻找 伤害别人
from seeking out and harming somebody.
你第一次杀了人之后是什么感觉
How did you feel the first time you committed a murder?
尽管过了这么多年 还是很难讲
Even all these years later, it's difficult to talk about.
在讲的同时重新回忆一遍
Reliving it through talking is,
很难 最起码可以说是
well, difficult, to say the least,
但是我希望让你理解发生了什么
but I want you to understand what happened.
就像是从一个
It was like coming out of some
可怕的恍惚或梦中挣脱
horrible trance or dream.
我只能把它比作被一种
I can only liken it to being possessed
可怕的外来的东西附身
by something so awful and alien,
然后第二天早上
and then the next morning,
醒来的时候 想起发生了什么
waking up and remembering what happened,
意识到 在法律的眼中
and realizing that, well, in the eyes of the law,
当然 在上帝的眼中
and certainly in the eyes of God,
你有罪
you're responsible.
附身是一个有趣的词
Possession is an interesting word.
我所做的 就像支配他们的身体
What I did, it was like possessing them, physically,
就像一个人可以支配一个盆栽
as one might possess a potted plant,
或一幅画
or a painting,
一匹马
or a horse,
占据这个人原来的身体
owning, as it were, this person,
并且支配剩下的东西
and then taking ownership of the remains.
但是当我早晨醒来
But when I'd wake up in the morning
清醒地意识到我做了什么
and realize what I'd done with a clear mind,
我所有的道德和情感都还在
with all my essential ethical and moral feelings intact,
当然 这让我感到很恐惧
well, it absolutely horrified me.
从你的行为得到的快♥感♥
The feelings of pleasure derived from what you did
显然胜过恐惧的心理
clearly outweighed any feelings of being horrified,
因为你做了很多次
because you repeated it so much.
可能吧
Maybe so.
还有 当你把人比作附属时
Also, when you compare people to possessions,
我觉得很难相信你会有感觉
well, I think it's hard to believe that you felt anything,
显然在你的想法里
certainly if in your mind,
人和其他事物没有区别
people are no different to material things.
你想表达什么 鲍勃
What's your point, Bob?
我和你的家人谈过
I've spoken to your family,
实际上 深入地谈过
quite in depth, actually,
他们非常坦率
and they were very candid.
我不知道你是否知道
I don't know if you know this,
你姑妈对你的记忆很有趣
but your aunt has a very interesting memory of you
从你三岁起
from when you were three years old.
那是什么
And what's that?
她记得有一天从睡梦中醒来
She recalled waking up from a nap one day
在你祖父母家
at your grandparents' house
发现自己被厨房♥里的刀子包围着
to find herself surrounded by knives from the kitchen.
你站在你姑妈的床边 微笑着
You were stood by your aunt's bed, smiling.
好吧 我不能说我记得 鲍勃
Well, I can't say I remember that, Bob,
所以我暂且相信她的话
so I'll have to take her word for it.
如果是真的 这很有说服力 不是吗
If it's true, it's very telling, don't you think?
怎么讲
How so?
在我的工作中
Well, in my line of work,
我经常在想
I'm always asked
连环杀戮到底是天生的还是后天的
"is serial killing down to nature or nurture?"
你什么意思
How do you mean?
他和大家一样都会看新闻
He watches the news like everybody else,
他可能是在给我们发送某种信息
he could be sending us a message
或者笑话我们的大费周章
or having a personal joke on our expense.
她和其他受害者一样被脱♥光♥
She was stripped naked like the others,
但是他们在离河岸只有几码远的地方
but they found her dress
发现了她的裙子
just a few yards down the riverbank.
我们把它包起来带走
We bagged it and took it in.
到目前为止没有找到其他东西
No sign of any other items so far.
是他变马虎了吗
Is he getting sloppy?
大概吧
Maybe.
或者 像我之前说的 他在嘲笑我们
Or, like I said, he's taunting us.
像是在说 有本事就来抓我
Catch me if you can, so to speak.
你有什么猜测吗
Do you have any suspects?
请让一让
Out of the way, please.
有抓到什么人吗
Have you made any arrests?
无可奉告
No comment.
现阶段没有什么可说的
Nothing to say at this stage.
还有多少人会死
How many more are gonna die?
请让一让
Out of the way, please.
抱歉
Excuse me.
今天在西雅图有个可怕的发现
In Seattle, another grim discovery today
可能与绿河谋杀案有关
that could be connected to the string of Green River murders
让西海岸城市的人们饱受惊吓
that have shaken that West Coast city.
今天探测器在镇子外的森林
Explorer scouts today found a fourth skull
发现了第四块颅骨
off in a wooded area outside of town
在这森林里也发现过另外三块骨头
where three other skeletons were discovered this weekend.
大部分受害者是年轻的妓♥女♥
Most of the victims have been young prostitutes.
珊卓你是怎么和戴夫相遇的
So, Sandra, how did you and Dave meet?
实际上我们在同一个高中
We actually went to the same high school,
但是我们没在那见过
but we didn't really meet there.
我以前在橄榄球比赛的看台见过她
I used to see her in the stands at the football games.
我觉得她非常的迷人
I found it quite distracting,
我确信我好几次错过接球都是为了看她
pretty sure I missed a few catches because of her.
电影精选列表