Warren Cox. He's a junior partner at Granville and Baxter.
沃伦·考克斯,他是格兰维尔和巴克斯特的新晋合伙人。
- Is he a lawyer too?他也是个律师吗?
- He's not just a lawyer.他不只是个律师。
He's involved with the Sierra Club,anti-nuclear movement, UNICEF.
他参加了塞拉俱乐部,反核运动,联♥合♥国♥儿童基金会。
- And he's a sincere feminist.他还是位真诚的女权主义者。
- I bet.我想也是。
But a guy like that with so many activities,where's he find the time for you?
但他这样一个活动丰富的人,哪有时间陪你呢?
It's hard sometimes.
有时候是很麻烦。
- But we're trying to do more things together.但我们打算一起做更多事。
- I'd like to meet him sometime.我希望某天能见见他。
- He's a very busy man.他很忙的。
- I'd pay him for his time.我可以给钱。
I don't think so.
我想还是算了。
I know you think you can buy up everything and everybody in the world,
我知道你以为你有钱在这个世界上就可以啥都买♥♥啥人都收买♥♥。
but I doubt that you could ever buy Warren.
但你绝不可能收买♥♥沃伦。
This is Chuck Fleming,Action News, in midtown Manhattan.
这里是查克·弗莱明,来自曼哈顿中心的实时新闻。
Now arriving at the Plaza Hotel is Montgomery Brewster,
现在抵达广场酒店的是蒙哥马利·布鲁斯特,
minor league baseball pitcher who earlier today
这个二流联盟棒球队投手今天早些时候
inherited $30 million tax-free
免税继承了3000万美元
and is still celebrating.
此时还在庆祝。
Mr. Brewster, what are you going to do with all that money?
布鲁斯特先生,你会用这么多钱做什么?
Uh, spend it! No, just kidding.
呃,花光!不,开个玩笑。
I'm forming a corporation tonight, and tomorrow morning we go into business.
今晚我在组建公♥司♥,明早我们就开展业务。
What kind of business is that, Mr. Brewster?
什么样的业务呢?布鲁斯特先生。
What kind of business? As you know, my business is baseball.
什么样的业务?你知道的,我就是干棒球的。
But since I've inherited $30 million,I have to expand and branch out.
但既然我继承了3000万,我肯定要另辟蹊径进行扩张。
I've always had a soft spot in my heart for artists and, uh,
在我心里我也总是对艺术家情有独钟,呃,
painters, writers, inventors...And I'm gonna form this business.
画家,作家,发明家。。。我打算做这门生意。
And I want everybody to get a shot.
我希望大家都能得到实现梦想的机会。
I don't care if you've been turned down a thousand times, I'm hiring!
我不在乎你失败了多少次,我都要!
How many people have you hired already, Mr. Brewster?
你现在已经招了多少人了,布鲁斯特先生?
Uh, well, I think you should ask my senior vice president, uh, Spike Nolan!
呃,这个,我想你应该问问我的高级副总裁,呃,斯派克·诺兰!
- Yeah. Spike. I'm paying him...对,斯派克,我付他。。。
- Ha!哈!
...$100,000 a month to figure that out.
。。。每月10万美元去实现。
100,000! Did you hear? 100,000 a month!
10万!你们听见了吗?一个月10万!
Chuck Fleming!
查克·弗莱明!
- Hey, are we on the air now? Is this workin'? 嘿,我们现在在直播吗?在拍吗?
- Yes. Right there.是的,就在这儿。
Can I say something to all the people who thought I was a loser, Chuck?
我能给那些觉得我是个屌♥丝的人说些话么,查克?
Sure.
当然。
Thanks, Chuck! Hey, Monty! Monty!
谢谢,查克!嘿,蒙哥!蒙哥!
That was Spike Nolan,he's the catcher for the Hackensack Bulls.
那就是斯派克·诺兰,他是哈肯萨克公牛队的接球手。
Mr. Brewster, I would love to accommodate you and your friends,
布鲁斯特先生,我很高兴能招待你和你的朋友们,
but the top two floors have already been reserved.
但顶上两层已经被预定了。
They'll be occupied within the next two weeks.
接下来的两周它们都会被占用。
- How much are they paying?他们付你多少钱?
- $100,000 a week.每周10万。
- Oh.噢。
- Wow. Mister, uh...哇哦,先生,呃。。。
- Carter.
- Mr. Carter.
I like your hotel. My friends like your hotel.
我喜欢你的酒店。我的朋友们也喜欢。
- You like this hotel?你喜欢这家酒店?
- I like this hotel. I love it.我喜欢,我超爱的。
He loves it too.
他也喜欢。
Listen. I'll tell you what. For the next month,
听着,我给你说,租接下来这个月,
I'll pay you...
我付你。。。
$1 million in cash.
100万现金。
Sign here, please.
请在这里签字。
纽约每日新闻:“。。。就像我说的,我不能替蒙哥发言,但要我说,蒙哥投球我接球。有钱也不会变!”——斯派克·诺兰
Hey, Melvin. How are they hanging, my friend?
嘿,梅尔文,我的朋友,他们过的怎么样?
Hey, you look good. Real big league.
嘿,你看起来真不错,真是正经。
- Nice, huh?帅气吧?
- They're in the bedroom.他们在卧室。
Thanks for your help.
谢谢你帮我。
Monty! Hey, old Monty, old pal!
蒙哥!嘿,蒙老哥,老伙计!
- Hey, pal, get a load of this, huh?嘿,兄弟,来试试这个,嗯?
- Get a load of...试试这。。。
What do you think? I found it all in one shop, from the shoes all the way up to this.
你觉得怎么样?我在一家商店里找到的这套,从下到上。
This was made for Johnny Bench.
这是给强尼·本奇做的。
He didn't pick it up,so they gave it to me.
他没要,所以他们给了我。
A catcher's mask!
接球手的面罩!
- Oh, Monty, I can't thank you enough.噢蒙哥,我怎么谢你都不够。
- It's, uh...这,呃。。。
- What do you think, huh?感觉怎么样,嗯?
- Hey!嘿!
- They just made that for you?他们直接给你做的?
- Yeah.是啊。
Wow. Honest? Too conservative for me.
哇哦,听实话?对我来说有点保守了。
- Too... What are you talking...太。。。你在说什么。。。
- For me!对我来说!
- This is the new Spike Nolan here.我现在是全新的斯派克·诺兰了。
- I know, but this is great.我懂,是很棒。
Well, great on you,but great is your accountant.
好吧,你也很棒,你的会计简直更棒。
Very nice.
是很好。
Yeah, she's nice,but she thinks I'm a lowlife.
嗯,她很好,但她认为我是个屌♥丝。
- I can understand that.那我能理解。
- Get out of here! What are you talkin' about?出去!你在说什么?
Gentlemen, do you think I'm a lowlife?
先生们,你们觉得我屌♥丝吗?
Oh, no, Mr. Brewster.
噢不,布鲁斯特先生。
- Not with these clothes.穿着这些衣服不是。
- See what I mean?懂我说的了吗?
Ooh, and you listen to these people?
噢,你就听这些人的了?
Hey, look at all the suits I got.
嘿,看看我这所有的衣服。
Now, look. I know that this is none of my business,
你现在听我说,我知道这不关我事。
but at the rate you're going, you'll have spent
但是按照你的速度,不到一个月你就会
your entire inheritance in less than a month,and you'll have nothing to show for it.
花光你所有继承的钱,那你就没有什么可炫耀的了。
Excuse me, sir. There's a Mr. Warren Cox here to see Miss Drake.
打扰了,先生。有个沃伦·考克斯来见德雷克小姐。
- Mr. Cox?考克斯先生?
- Warren! How you doing?你怎么样?沃伦。
- Monty Brewster. Pleased to meet you.我是蒙哥·布鲁斯特,很高兴见到你。
- Hello.你好。
I've heard so much about you.
我听说了你很多事。
My God. I hear you're a swell fellow. We're drinking some champagne.
我的天,我听说你是个挺了不起的家伙。我们喝点香槟吧。
- Hello, dear.亲爱的。
- Hi.嗨。
That's sweet. I'll get this. Is it raining out?
那真好,我来拿这个吧,外面在下雨吗?
Not at the moment, but you never know.
现在没有,但你永远预见不了。
Better safe than sorry. That's my philosophy too.
有准备总比后悔好,这也是我的人生哲学。
- Uh, have a drink.呃,喝一杯吧。
- Oh, thank you. No, I don't drink alcohol.噢谢谢你,我不喝酒。
Uh-oh. We're going to be late for that benefit.
呃噢,我们要错过那个受益的机会了。
- Benefit?受益?
- Yes.对。
It's the Committee to Ban Contact Sports.
是那个禁止接触类运动的委员会。
Studies have shown sanctioned violence has a detrimental effect on our young people,
研究表明,受制裁的暴♥力♥行为对我们的年轻人产生了不利影响,
so I do a little legal work for the committee.
所以我为这个委员会做了一些法律上的工作。
You guys ain't messin' around with baseball, are you?
你们不会玩棒球吧,对么?
Baseball? No, no. Boxing, football, ice hockey...
棒球? 不不,拳击,足球,冰上曲棍球。。。
- You know, the truly barbaric sports.真正野蛮的运动,懂吧。
- Oh.噢。
I'd like to make a small contribution, if I may.
如果我可以的话,我想小小的捐献一下。
You know, I think we're gonna be very late.
你看,我想我们要迟到了。
Darling, this is what the benefit is for, to raise money.
亲爱的,受益就是为了这个呀,筹集资金。
In a sense, we're at the benefit, right now.
从某种意义上说,我们现在正在受益。
And so am I. $100,000 okay?
我也是。10万美元够吗?
$100,000? Thank you, very, very much.
10万?太谢谢你了,太,太多了。
Here, have a drink.
来吧,喝一杯。
Thank you. I will.
非常感谢你,我喝。
Warren, you don't even drink.
沃伦,你都不会喝酒。
- Well, one little sip won't hurt, dear.哎呀,一小口没事的,宝贝。
- That's right.没错。
Mmm.
嗯。。。
This is a really wonderful suite you have, Mr. Brewster.
你这套房♥可真讲究,布鲁斯特先生。
- I'm glad you like it.很高兴你也喜欢。
- Yes. Oh, look at that.当然,噢,你看看这。
Two Louis XVI chairs with a good tapestry fabric.
两把配有漂亮织锦面料的路易十六椅。
That's a nice attempt at a classic French piano.
这是对经典法国钢琴一次很好的尝试。
Marie Therese chandelier...
玛丽娅·特蕾莎吊灯。。。
Yeah, I see what your decorator was trying to do here.
啊,我看懂你的室内装潢师想要在这儿做什么了。
There's a definite continuity to all the elements in the room.
房♥间里的所有元素都有一定的连续性。
Personally, I'd of done a few things differently, but...
我个人觉得,细节上我会做得有些不一样,但。。。
- Mr. Cox, you know so much about this stuff.你对这些很了解嘛,考克斯先生。
- Well...是啊。。。
My ex-wife Marilyn's a decorator, and a lot of it rubbed off on me.
我的前妻玛丽莲是个室内装潢师,教会了我很多。
- You know, you could really help me out.你看,那你可真能帮到我了。
- How's that?怎么说?
Well I'd like for you to redecorate my offices.
我想让你重新装♥修♥我的办公室。
I'd pay you, of course. Uh, $250,000?
当然我会付你钱,呃,25万美元?
- I don't know what to say.我不知道该说什么了。
- Say yes.说“好”。
Mr. Brewster, I'm a lawyer.
我是名律师,布鲁斯特先生。
I'm sure New York is full of decorators who would die for that kind of opportunity.
我敢肯定纽约到处都有愿意为得到这种机会而死的室内装潢师。
Really, this is so out of left field, to use a metaphor from your profession.
真的,太偏离我还不熟悉的专业了,用我这样的换掉你那专业的 。
If you think the job's too big for you to handle, just say no.
如果你觉得任务对你来说太艰巨完不成,就不要接受吧。
No.
不。
I mean, I'm not saying no. Not at all. I'm not saying that.
我是说,我不是说不接受,完全不是,我不是这个意思。
Warren, you're a lawyer. You are not a decorator!
你是个律师,沃伦。你可不是室内装潢师!
There's nothing wrong with being a decorator.
当个室内装潢师也不错。
Marilyn makes a rather good living at it.
电影精选列表