你看,我不知道该说什么,但我想只能这样了。
Charley, we apologized.
查理,我们道歉。
Now cut the speeches,and get us out of here, please.
现在就不说别的了,请先带我们离开这里吧。
I can't do it, kid. The front office is washing its hands of you two.
我做不到,孩子。上面办公室正打算跟你们撇清关系。
There's no money for bail and no money for your fines.
不出保释金也不出钱付你们的罚款。
They gave the both of you your unconditional releases.
他们决定等着你们俩被无条件释放。
That's just great. Do they know what they're talking about?
那“好极了”。他们知道他们在说什么吗?
We got one game left. If we win today, we're in the play-offs!
我们还有一场比赛。如果今天我们赢了,我们就可以打季后赛了!
It's simple. They don't want you guys.
很简单,他们不想要你们了。
Next year, they're going with the college draft choices.
明年他们就会开始挑选大学里的人。
New talent. Young kids.
年轻一代,新的人才。
Hey, look at it this way, Brewster.
嘿,布鲁斯特,这样来看。
You're lucky. You got to be a pro ballplayer for 15 years.
你非常幸运了,当了15年专业球员。
That's a lot more than most people get.
比大多数人强多了。
I'll see ya.
我们会再见面的。
Brewster and Nolan.
布鲁斯特和诺兰。
Okay! You bozos are up to bat.
好了!你们怎么样就看法官了。
In here. Let's go!
在这儿,我们走!
Don't worry about a thing. I'll take care of everything.
一点儿也别担心,一切由我来。
- I know this kind of stuff.我知道该怎么说。
- Don't mess up.别搞砸了。
Just smile.
笑就好。
Thank you very much.
非常感谢你。
Mr. Brewster and Mr. Nolan,you're charged with assault and battery,
布鲁斯特和诺兰先生,你们被指控袭击和殴打他人,
resisting arrest, and destruction of private property.
妨碍公务和破坏私有财产。
How do you plead? Guilty or not guilty?
你们怎么说?有罪还是无罪?
Oh, guilty but with a real good excuse.
噢,有罪但真是事出有因。
You're gonna love it, really. I think everyone here will.
你会相信我的,真的,我想这里的每个人都会。
I plead innocent.
我觉得我无罪。
You see, Your Honor, what you have here
你看,法官大人,你面前的
with Mr. Brewster and myself,is a couple of, well, local heroes, really.
我和布鲁斯特先生,都是,呃,本地的英雄,真的。
We play for a local team. You might have seen us. The Hackensack Bulls?
我们在本地球队打球,你也许还看过,哈肯萨克公牛队?
Perhaps you know the..."Go, you Bulls, go."
也许你听过这句:“冲啊,公牛们,冲啊。”
Let's not waste the court's time.
我们就别浪费法庭上的时间了。
I have depositions here from over a dozen eyewitnesses.
我这里有来自十几位目击者的证词。
Your Honor, we went into the bar to have a drink, and we saw this nice lady,
法官大人,我们走进酒吧只是为了喝几杯,然后我们看见了这位漂亮的女士,
and we asked her to sit with us to have a drink, I didn't know she had a fiance.
我们就请她和我们一起喝酒,我不知道她还有未婚夫。
- Who knew?有谁知道?
- Did you know?你知道吗?
- I didn't know. It wasn't public knowledge.我不知道,这可不是常识。
- I didn't know, either.我也不知道。
So you were making advances to a woman who was clearly involved with another man.
所以你们在接近一位明显名花有主的女士。
You see, if you don't make calls,you don't make any sales.
你看,如果什么都不做,那当然不会出错。
This man does not represent me,Your Honor.
这个人不能代表我,法官大人。
I would remove that from the court records. I would...
我会从法庭记录中撤销它。 我打算。。。
I'm going to set your bail at $3,000.
我打算把保释金定在3000美元。
Not bad.
不算糟。
- We don't have $3,000.我们没有3000美元。
- We don't.我们真没。
Bailiff, will you remove the prisoners?Next case.
法警,能带犯人下去了吗?下一个案子。
Your Honor, wait.Please, before you send us to jail...
法官大人,等等。拜托了,在你送我们到监狱之前。。。
Look, I tried to defend myself. The man hit me first.
是这样的,我是在保护我自己。他先打我的。
With the permission of the court...
经法庭许可。。。
My name is J.B. Donaldo,
我叫J.B. 唐纳德。
and I'm representing parties who wish to remain anonymous at this time
我代表某些希望在此时匿名的团体,
and who have instructed me,to post bail for the defendants
他们通常要我为被告保释,
or pay any fines levied in case they plead guilty,
或在他们认罪的情况下支付任何罚款,
which I'm sure they will now do.
我相信他们现在会这样做。
- Yeah. Who is he?真棒,那是谁?
- It's the scout.是那个球探。
- Oh, yeah.噢耶。
- I told you they want me.我早给你说他们想要我。
- They want me. We're goin' to the big time!他们要我,我们要出名了!
- This is it.就是这样。
- So where to, J.B.?那么去哪儿,J.B.?
- New York.纽约。
New York? Yeehaw!
纽约?哟嚯!
The Mets!
大都会队!
I knew it! I knew it!
我就知道!我就知道!
There's no Mets in here! Wait a minute.
这里不是大都会队!等一下。
Don't go in there. There's no Mets in this building!
别进去,这栋不是大都会队的楼。
I never said anything about the Mets. Mr. Brewster did.
我可从来没说是大都会队,布鲁斯特说的。
I was just hired to find him and bring him here.
我只是被雇来找他然后带他来这里的。
This is not a scout. He's a cop, Monty. That's what he is.
他不是球探,他是条子,蒙哥,这才是他。
He's a cop. Look at him. Look at those cheap cop shoes,
他就是个条子。你看看他,那双条子才穿的便宜货。
cop face, cop hat, cop shirt, cop eyes!
条子脸,条子帽,条子衣服,条子眼神!
Monty, the Mets don't want you, all right?
蒙哥,大都会队没要你,对吧?
Hell, the Hackensack Bulls don't even want ya.
该死,哈肯萨克公牛队都不想要你。
Look, I ain't supposed to tell you this, but here's who hired me.
听着,也许我不该告诉你们,但雇我的人到了。
Granville and Baxter. As far as I know, they got nothin' to do with the Mets.
格兰维尔和巴克斯特,就我所知,他们跟大都会队没任何关系。
It's goin' great.
太好了。
It's the Yankees.
是洋基队。
- Mr. Brewster?布鲁斯特先生?
- Right. 对。
- We've been expected you.我们一直在等你。
- The arm's okay.手没事。
- Beg your pardon?你在说什么?
- The operation was a success.行动很成功。
The arm's two years old now.
手好两年了。
Follow me, please.
请跟我来。
Wait for me.
等着我。
Mr. Brewster's here.
布鲁斯特先生到了。
- Mr. Brewster? I'm Ed Roundfield.你是布鲁斯特?我是艾德·朗德菲尔德。
- Yeah.好的。
This is Mr. George Granville.Mr. Norris Baxter.
这是乔治·格兰维尔先生和诺里斯·巴克斯特先生。
- How do you do?你好
- Hi.你好
How do you do?
你好
Perhaps you'd better sit down, Mr. Brewster.
你最好先坐下来,布鲁斯特。
What I'm about to tell you may come as quite a shock.
我要告诉你的事情可能会让你非常吃惊。
No, sir. I don't want to sit down.I want to hear this standing up.
不了,先生。我就不坐了,我站着听就可以了。
- Have you ever heard the name Rupert Horn?你听说过鲁伯特·霍恩这个名字吗?
- Rupert Horn.鲁伯特·霍恩。
No. I bet he's someone high up in the Yankee organization, right?
没,我猜他是洋基队高层,是吗?
I'm afraid not, Mr. Brewster. Rupert Horn was your great-uncle.
不,布鲁斯特,鲁伯特·霍恩是你的舅公
What's that got to do with baseball?
那跟棒球有啥关系?
Rupert Horn quarreled with his family back in the '30s.
鲁伯特·霍恩在30年代和家里人闹翻了。
He went out West.
他去了西部。
They never heard from him again. They thought he was dead.
家里人再也没有听到他的消息,他们以为他死了。
But he didn't die until last month.
但事实上他上个月才去世。
And by then, he was one of the richest men in America.
这时,他是美国最富有的人之一。
And he bought a baseball team, right?
然后他买♥♥了个棒球队,是吗?
No, oil and real estate.
不,是石油和房♥地♥产♥。
And you, Mr. Brewster, are the sole living heir of your great-uncle, Rupert Horn.
而你,布鲁斯特先生,是你舅公鲁伯特·霍恩唯一活着的继承人。
I think it's only fair to tell Mr. Brewster about the conditions of the will.
我觉得是时候告诉布鲁斯特遗嘱里的条件了。
Brewster, greetings from the grave.
布鲁斯特,这是来自逝者的问候。
Don't look so surprised.
不用这么惊讶。
Didn't you know your great-grandfather was a honky?
你不知道你的曾祖父是个白人么?
The old man married twice. One wife, white, produced me.
他结过两次婚,一个白老婆,生了我。
One wife, black,produced your grandmother.
一个黑老婆,生了你外婆。
A checkered family, you might say.
你可能会觉得,这是一个颇为复杂的家庭。
I've outlived them all, except you.
我比他们都活的久,除了你。
They tell me you're my only living relative, Brewster.
他们告诉我你是我唯一的亲戚,布鲁斯特。
And I got to say I'm very disappointed. Look at you!
我确实很失望,你看看你。
What have you made of yourself? A failed baseball player.
你自己能干什么?一个糟糕的棒球运动员。
I believe in being honest, Brewster. No bullshit.
我只是实话实说,布鲁斯特,不是敷衍你。
I'm stuck with you.
这事我离不开你。
But we're going to have some fun.
但我们可以找点乐子。
Let me...
让我来。。。
Let me tell you a little story, Brewster.
让我来给你讲个小故事,布鲁斯特。
When I was seven years old, my daddy caught me smokin' a cigar.
在我七岁的时候,有次我爸抓住我正在抽雪茄。
Locked me in the closet for three days and three nights.
把我关在壁橱整整关了三天三夜。
with nothin' but a box of cigars and a book of matches.
里面除了一盒雪茄和一堆火柴什么都没有。
No food, Brewster. No water, just those goddamned cigars.
没有吃的喝的,布鲁斯特,只有TM的雪茄。
Wouldn't let me out until I finished every last one.
除非我抽完否则不让我出来。
Taught me one hell of a lesson.
给我好好上了一课。
I'm going to do to you what my daddy did to me.
我会像我爸那样也好好给你上一课。
I'm gonna teach you to hate spending money.
我要叫你恨上花钱。
I'm gonna make you so sick of spending money
我要让你厌倦金钱。
that the mere sight of it will make you want to throw up.
以后只要看到它都会觉得想呕吐。
So, here's my proposition.
听着,下面就是我的安排。
You have 30 days in which to spend 30 million bucks.
你有30天的时间去花光3000万美元。
If you can do it, you get 300 million.
如果你成功了,你就能继承3亿美元。
There's gotta be a catch.
一定有什么条件。
Of course there's a catch.
电影精选列表