Here's the dirty little secret about being rich.
告诉你一条关于有钱人的小秘密
It's not about the money.
它不在于拥有金钱
It's about the way people see you.
在于人们看待你的方式
The way you see yourself
和你看待自己的方式
Fuck money.
去他妈的钱
For kids like Joe Hunt and me, being rich is about respect.
对于像Joe Hunt和我这样的孩子来说 财富意味着受人尊敬
My name is Dean Karney.
我叫Dean Karney
I grew up with parents who were middle class...
我由中产阶级父母养大
the opposite of rich.
他们绝非富有
But they wanted the best for me...
但他们想给我最好的……
scraped together tuition fees to send me...
拼凑齐学费把我送进了
to the most elite prep school in Los Angeles.
在洛杉矶的一所精英预科学校
The Harvard School for Boys...
哈佛男子学校
where I first met Joe...
在那儿我第一次见到了Joe
the scholarship kid with no friends.
这个没有朋友的大学霸
The only thing we had in common is that neither of us belonged.
我们唯一的共同点是没有归属感
I learned early on that the key was to fake it...
我很早就知道解决这个问题的关键就是在你成功之前
until you make it.
一直假装到底
I'd use my charm, wit, and backhand...
我曾用我的魅力 机智和反手击球技术……
to hang out with the sons of movie stars...
和星二代
CEO's, actual royalty.
富二代 这些实际上的贵族混在一起
I played the part perfectly.
我很擅长经营人脉
By the time I was 25...
在我25岁的时候
I signed a deal worth a quarter of a billion dollars.
我签了一份价值25亿美元的合同
I had it all, the house, the money, the girl.
我拥有了一切 房♥子 金钱 女人
And I had the best partner, Joe Hunt.
并且我拥有了最好的搭档 Joe Hunt
In Beverly Hills, the dream isn't a better life.
在贝弗利山庄 人们梦想的不是更好的生活
It's the best life.
而是最好的生活
So, let me go back.
回首往事
It all started six years after high school and let's just...
一切开始于高中毕业六年之后 我们就...
say that I wasn't exactly living up to my full potential.
说我那时候并没有完全发挥我的潜能
Are you ready to buy a car, you handsome son of a bitch?
准备好买♥♥辆车了吗 你个小帅逼?
What do you got?
你卖♥♥什么车?
Well, I got a Bentley.
我有一辆宾利
Boring.
无聊
What? You don't like a Bentley?
什么?你不喜欢宾利吗?
I got a 1979 IROC driven by Stallone for three months.
我有一辆史泰龙开过三个月的79年产的雪佛兰跑车
I got a Corvette.
一辆克尔维特
Let me see the 'Vette.
让我看看那辆跑车
And there he was, my old classmate.
他就在那儿 我的老同学
He hadn't changed a bit.
他一丁点也没变
If we take the over and the under...
如果我们买♥♥价格过高和过低的股票
He was still the smartest guy in the room.
他仍然是房♥间里最聪明的那个
Still wearing the cheapest suit.
仍然穿着最便宜的西装
Sorry, ahh...
抱歉
Corvette.
克尔维特
Mr. Ioku... thank you.
Mr.Ioku 谢谢您
-Dean -Joe
It's been forever. Way too long.
好久不见 太长时间了没见了
Come here, man.
快过来 兄弟
So, making moves, what have you been up to?
换工作了啊 最近在忙些什么?
I am working at the Pacific Stock Exchange.
我在太平洋证券交易所工作
Wall Street of the West, nice.
西部华尔街 很棒
And what are you up to?
你在忙什么?
A bit of this, a bit of that.
干点儿这 干点儿那
Are you living downtown?
你住在市中心吗?
I'm still living with my father.
我仍旧和我父亲住在一起
Are you shitting me?
你在骗我吗?
Are they not paying you?
他们没给你发薪水?
Barely.
很少
Is that cash?
那是现金吗?
Yeah, I just sold the Biltmores a Corvette.
对 我刚卖♥♥了一辆克尔维特给Biltmore兄弟
Joe, you shouldn't be working for these guys.
Joe 你不应该给这些人工作
You should be these guys. You've gotta get your own thing.
你应该成为这些人
Thanks, I appreciate it.
谢谢 感谢你这么说
That would take investors, and money, and things I don't have.
那需要投资人 资金 和许多我没有的东西
You know, we would make the perfect team.
听着 我们将是一个完美的组合
Come to Spago tonight. It's Charlie Bottoms' birthday.
今晚来斯帕格餐厅 会有Charlie Bottoms的生日聚会
We could go talk to him.
我们可以去和他聊聊
Charlie Bottoms from high school?
高中那个Charlie Bottoms?
Yeah.
对
Yeah, I don't think he's gonna want to give me his money, Dean.
好吧 我觉得他不会把他的钱给我 Dean
Of course, he will. Just do what you did to those guys.
他当然会了 用你当年的办法对付这帮家伙
You know, pitch 'em gold.
你懂的 向他们推销黄金
I don't think so. These guys hated me in high school.
我觉得这个办法不行 这帮家伙在高中很讨厌我
I can't.
我不行
Yes, Joe, you can.
行 Joe 你可以的
With your brains and my connections.
运用你的头脑和我的人脉
Think about it, we could own this town.
想想看 我们能拥有这座城市
That's a yes, right? That looks like a yes to me.
你同意了 对吧?我当你同意了
Okay. Yes, Joe!
好 太好了 Joe!
Okay.
好
So it is Spago at 9:00 and it's a costume party.
晚上九点在斯帕格餐厅 这是个化装舞会
We'll both go as Reagan's.
我们都打扮成里根过去
You're going come, right? Promise?
你会来的 对吧?跟我保证?
Yeah.
保证
Okay, cool.
好的 真帅
See you later. It's great to see you, man.
一会儿见 见到你太高兴了 兄弟
L.A. was never a nine-to-five town.
洛杉矶从不是一个朝九晚五的城市
Deals were made at night at places so exclusive...
交易时常在夜里于高端场所达成
just getting in meant you had your checkbook ready.
仅仅是进入这些场所就意味着你已经有了自己的支票簿
Most exclusive of all was Spago, which is where...
这其中最高端的场所是斯帕格 就是在这里
Charlie Bottoms was holding his 23rd birthday bash.
Charlie Bottoms正在举办自己的23岁生日派对
Halloween in July.
一场七月份的万圣节狂欢
Sorry, kid, it's a private party.
抱歉 孩子 这是个私人聚会
Oh no, I'm invited. I'm here with Dean Karney.
不 我是受邀而来 我和Dean Karney是一起的
Oh yeah, sure you are. Yeah.
好 你当然是受邀的 对
I pity tha muthafucka'! Back of the line!
你这可怜的混账东西!排队等着!
No, it is Charlie Bottoms birthday and I'm joining him.
不 我就来参加Charlie Bottoms的派对的
Make a hole! Make a hole!
让出条道!让出条道!
Get out of the way.
别挡道
Ladies.
女士们
Dean! Hey!
Dean!嗨!
Joe! There he is.
Joe! 他在这儿
Joe, what are you doing? Come on in.
Joe 干什么呢 进来啊
Charlie will be 24 by the time we get inside.
等我们进去Charlie就24岁了
Come on, Mr. T, may we?
拜托 Mr.T 我们可以进去吗
You got it. Thank you.
你可以进了 谢谢
Thank you. See you later.
谢谢 待会儿见
Dude, what happened to us both being Reagan?
老兄 说好了都扮里根你这是谁?
We are both Reagan, I'm Nancy. It's called edge, come on.
我们都是里根 我是Nancy Reagan 这叫前卫 来吧
Holy shit.
我的天
Right, I told you, dude.
是啊 我就说吧 老兄
Ladies, it is so good to see you.
女士们 见到你们太高兴了
You're late.
你迟到了
And you are beautiful.
你却很美
You are forgiven. Charity case?
原谅你了 你的穷酸朋友?
Old friend. I'm Joe.
老朋友 我是Joe
The girls at Spago were out of control.
在斯帕格餐厅的女孩都很疯狂
We ran with a pack of babes called, The Groovers.
我们和一群叫作律动者的美女交好
When any new scene hit LA...
当任何新时尚席卷洛杉矶
they were always on the crest of the wave.
她们总是最先尝试的人
You don't come to California for the sunshine.
你来加利福尼亚不是为了享受阳光
You come for girls like Sydney Evans.
而是为了像Sydney Evans这样的女孩
Mean Dean.
自私鬼Dean
Hey, Delicious.
嗨 甜心
You know her? Are you ready?
你认识他? 准备好了吗?
What was that for? Edge.
这是干什么? 前卫
There they are! My boys!
他们在那儿!公子哥们!
Gentlemen, allow me to introduce to you...
先生们 请允许我向你们介绍
our semi-assassinated President, Joe Hunt...
电影精选列表