这些年来女性对外形的态度确实改变了
Over the years, women's attitudes do change towards body image,
也反映了不同的时代精神
and that's just about a zeitgeist.
我们现在可以通过手术改变外形
We now have the ability to physically change our shape.
就跟换发型一样
It is like changing your hair.
潮流转瞬即逝
Styles go in and out,
不幸的是 现在有许多人
and unfortunately, we now have a whole raft of people
可以为此提供手术方案
who can do that physically with surgery.
你认为当今女性是否被社会的眼光
Do you think women are a little bit confused
搅昏了头脑
about what they're aspiring to be?
又想骨瘦如柴 又想有大胸部
They want to be thin but they also want to have good boobs?
是 我想现在的媒体
Yes, I think there are, in the media,
确实宣扬了许多不切实际的身形
some very unrealistic body shapes for women to aspire to.
时尚解读
世界最畅销潮流杂♥志♥
洛伦承认
Lorraine is the first to admit that she,
作为英国最畅销杂♥志♥的编辑
as the editor of one of the UK's biggest magazines,
来自编辑的信
需要意识到自己对女性眼光的巨大影响
needs to be aware of how much of an effect she has
这是前所未有的
on how women feel about their bodies.
我们影响了女性的眼光
We all have to be responsible about
我们必须为此负责
how we influence their point of view,
但她们也应受到家庭
but I think it has to come from home
学校以及其它各方面的影响
and from school and other influences as well.
ELLE杂♥志♥曾经报导过手术整形吗
Does ELLE magazine touch on surgery or address it in any way?
我们确实报导过
Yes, we do address the issue,
因为女性对此非常感兴趣
because it is something women are incredibly interested in.
美丽极端主义 探索激光
ELLE大美人
美丽极端主义
手术:男性期待什么
我们有个"美丽极端主义"的专栏
We have a column called Beauty Extremist,
从科学的角度探讨这些问题
and we do it from a very scientific point of view.
这些整形方法能否达到宣称的效果
Is it going to give you what it promises?
我认为有的宣传还是言过其实了
I would say, probably not everything does.
你认为当今女性为何追捧这些形象
So why do you feel that image is so important now to women?
我想它们受到女性追捧的原因
I think it's very important to young women now,
多来自社会媒体
because of social media.
现在年轻人活在各种社交网络里
Young women today live on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram.
任何事情都离不开形象
Their image is associated with everything they do,
她们需要也希望拥有良好外形
and I think they need it to look good and they want to look good,
她们想要展现
and they want to present
最积极最美丽的形象
the most positive, powerful, beautiful image they can,
这是她们摆在首位的东西
so it's the very forefront of their minds at the moment.
通过手术激增胸围
So, is undergoing surgery to increase
真的只是虚荣吗
the size of your bust purely vanity?
我的假体破裂后
Since mine ruptured,
我对假体植入一直抱消极态度
I've felt very negative towards implants in general.
但也许PIP事件让我忘记了
But maybe everything that's happened with PIPs has made me forget
身为女人 拥有美好胸部
that being confident about their breasts
确实能让自己感觉良好
really can make women feel better about themselves.
我拜访了姬玛·托特
I've come to meet Gemma Trotter,
她在十几岁时因车祸丧失了一条腿
who in her early teens lost her leg a car accident.
医生为她装上了高科技义肢
She was fitted with a new, high-tech prosthetic leg,
但她对自己还是有一点不满意
but felt there was still one thing holding her back -
她的平胸
her flat chest.
失去一条腿意味着很多
Not having a leg is one massive big deal.
我总觉得自己不如别人
I've always felt very sort of inferior.
那么小就失去一条腿
I didn't feel very feminine,
让我觉得自己很没女人味
having lost my leg at that kind of age.
因为当时正处在发育阶段
That's when you're moulding into a young woman,
而且我也没有别的年轻女性拥有的资本
and of course, I didn't have what all the other young women had.
我没有胸部 跟男生没差别
I was completely flat, felt like a boy.
所以这完全不是出于虚荣心
So it was in no way for vanity reasons,
是为了对自己有100%的信心吗
it was for 100% confidence?
我不想人们用奇怪的眼光打量我
I don't want people to ogle at me.
你知道 看起来...
you kown, look...
我非常讨厌人们觉得
I would hate to think that people were thinking that
我这么做是为了吸引男人
I did it to impress men,
因为我根本没那么想过
because I definitely didn't.
实际上我是为了自己
I really did it for myself.
准备 飞
Ready, go!
在腿部进行了30次手术以后
After 30 operations on her leg,
姬玛选择再次进行手术
Gemma chose to go under the knife again
将胸部从32AA升至D罩杯
to go from a 32 AA to a D cup.
在你经历许多事情后 比方失去一条腿
Out of everything that you've been through, like losing your leg,
你仍觉得胸部过于平坦
the thing that you really think was keeping you back
是阻碍你成为健身教练的原因吗
from being a fitness instructor was being flat-chested?
经受过一次打击之后
When you've had a knock,
你必须整合自己 振作起来
you kind of have to piece yourself back together,
胸部问题也是其中一部分
and that was just one part of it.
在这方面我一直有遗憾
I always had that missing,
我想 如果因为平胸而感到不自信
and I thought, "How can I appear confident
又怎能真正展现出自信来
"If I'm not really confident, because I'm so flat-chested?"
这对你的人生产生了什么影响
Tell me just how much it's changed your life.
显然它给了我自信
It's definitely given me the confidence
让我成为一名健身教练
to become a fitness instructor.
如果不是因为胸部的改变
I think I couldn't have done that knowing, you know,
我觉得没法公开表演和指导他人
I'm on show and I have to instruct people.
是它给了我实现梦想的自信
It's given me the confidence to actually live my dream.
当我开始这趟行程的时候 我非常反对隆胸
When I started this journey, I was so against implants,
但是我根本不知道
but I have no idea what it's like
拥有完全平坦的胸部是何感受
to be completely flat-chested.
对我来说隆胸利大于弊
The benefits, for me, outweigh the risks.
我觉得它让我得以实现梦想
For me to be able to fulfil my dreams, I just think,
是它助我一臂之力
if it's actually helped me do that,
隆胸只是我实现梦想的过程之一
it's just part of the process, really.
我对隆胸的看法开始动摇
My views on implants do waver
尤其在遇见像姬玛·托特这样的人以后
when I meet people like Gemma Trotter.
我因为自己的胸部不对称而选择隆胸
I had my implants as one breast was bigger than the other,
但是这和她的动机真的有差别吗
but is that really different to why she did it?
对她而言 这是拼图的最后一块
For her, they were the last piece in the puzzle.
她真心感到自己没有胸部就无法变得自信
She genuinely felt she could never be truly confident without them.
但我们的自信为什么同身体如此紧密相连
But why is it that our confidence is so linked to our bodies?
我想了解手术背后的心路历程
I want to understand the thought process behind surgery.
心理学家艾玛·肯尼是怎么看待这个问题的呢
What does psychologist Emma Kenny make of it?
艾玛 谢谢你今天来这儿见我
So, Emma, thank you so much for meeting me here today.
我很好奇人们决定接受隆胸的原因
I am so fascinated why, just about the psychology behind
这背后的心理因素是什么
why people get boob jobs done in the first place.
我猜这种心理的根源在于许多女性
I guess the root of that comes because a lot of women out there
感到了追求完美外表的巨大压力
really do feel that there's a massive pressure to look perfect.
你认为这种压力的根源在哪里
Who do you think's to blame for that pressure?
我觉得这种心态一方面是出自于市场营销
I think the psychology comes from both a marketing level,
出于一种追求一致性的社会压力
from a societal pressure level of conformity
就是说 想要融入社会
so, wanting to fit in.
我遇见过有的女性感到
But I've met women who feel their lives
隆胸极大地改变了她们的生活
have been greatly improved by implants.
对人们来说这是非常有意义的
It makes sense that somebody
她们突然能够融入社会
who becomes suddenly societally conformist
她们因此自我感觉更好也是自然的
and acceptable feels better about themselves,
因为整个世界都对她们更好了
because the way the world acts and responds to them is nicer.
但是这并不能真正解决问题
But that doesn't challenge the problem.
这是很恶劣的事 在我们的社会中
How awful is that we live in a society that we say that,
如果你的一只乳♥房♥♥同另一只
if you have a breast that's not the right size
大小不一样
compared to the other one,
你对自己的评价就应该很低吗
you should value yourself so poorly?
很多时候 我们在针对整容
Many times, what we've found in the research
和整形手术的调查中都发现
regarding cosmetic surgery, plastic surgery in general,
人们通过这类手术获得的好处都是短期的
is that the benefits are very short-lived,
因为问题并不在于他们的外貌形态
because the problem has nothing to do with their physical shape.
而在更深的方面
It must be much deeper.
从我的专业角度来说
It would be, for me, professionally,
这是内在问题的外在表现
an external reason for an internal problem.
我觉得有一小部分人
I think there is a small number of people
只是为了自己才做的手术
电影精选列表