Ta-Nehisi Coates
"种族是种族主义的产物 而非反之"
美国之子
贾马尔
Jamal.
该死的 你在哪里
God damn it. Where are you?
我给你发了四条消息了 不 五条
I've sent you four texts, no, five.
你就不能回复一下
You can't text me back?
打给我
Call me.
又是我 亲爱的 对不起
It's me again. Honey, I'm sorry. I-
我真的很抱歉 我刚不是有意发火的
I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to get angry.
求你回个电♥话♥吧
Call me, please.
-喂 我是杰弗里 -你好 我是
- Hello. Hey, it's Jeffrey. - Hi, this is-
-靠 -有事请留言
- Shit. - Leave a message,
迟点回复你
and I'll get back to you.
杰弗里 我是贾马尔的妈妈
Jeffrey, this is Jamal's mother.
现在是星期二
It's, uh... Tuesday-
不 星期三的晚上 凌晨
No, Wednesday night... m-morning. Um...
我正在找贾马尔
I'm looking for Jamal.
他到现在还没有回家
He hasn't come home, and I...
我在想他是不是在你那呢
I thought he might be with you.
抱歉这么唐突打扰你 而且还大半夜的
I-I'm sorry to bother you, or, you know, call so early,
但是
but...
他在你那里的话 听到这条信息后
If you get this message and he's with you,
麻烦你让他跟我通个电♥话♥可以吗
can you please have him call me?
我的电♥话♥是305
My number is 305
反正你有我号♥码
Well, it's on your
我的天 好了好了 等下
Oh, God, okay, hold on.
以防万一 305-468-5900
Just in case, no, um, 305-468-5900.
好了
Okay.
-抱歉 -我查了一下
- Sorry. - So I checked,
跟你说的一样 那辆车的确出现了
like you asked, and the car does show up.
-对呀 -出现在我们系统里了
- Yeah. - It shows up in the system.
-出现 -目前我们只能掌握到这些情况
- Shows - That's all we really know right now.
-怎么个出现法 -就是出现了 你知道的
- Show, Shows up how? - It just shows up, as, you know.
我的意思是 这车怎么引起你们注意的
What's- How does it end up coming to the attention of, you know...
刚刚因为一起事件被记录到系统里了
Oh, it just was logged in, you know, from an incident.
可能是被开了罚单 或者被拖走了
It could've been ticketed, could've been towed...
但是贾马尔 我儿子 他之前开着这辆车
But Jamal, my son, he was driving it, and he-
你之前不是不确定他到底有没有开车吗
I thought you told me you weren't sure whether or not he was...
是的 是这样的
Well, yeah. Yes. Okay,
我其实没有看到他是不是在车上
yeah, I didn't see him drive away in it.
准确来说 我没看见他上车
I did not actually see him get in the car. Correct.
但是车不在家门口了
But the car's not in our driveway.
他在昨晚8点就不见人影了
He's been gone since eight o'clock last night.
消失了大概有八 应该是九个小时了
Going on eight- I mean, nine hours.
-他一般都是半夜之前回家的 -这样啊
- He's usually home at midnight. - Right.
但是他到现在都没回来
He never came home.
然后当我报♥警♥的时候
And when I called the police,
警♥察♥说那辆车出了点事情
they said something happened to the car and-
你之前告诉我 他们说
I thought you told me they said it was-
等下 我记在纸上了
Hold on. I wrote it down.
是个 事件
Okay, um, "An incident." I, um-
就是她说的 一起事件
That's what she said, an incident.
在一起事件中找到了车
"Identified in an incident."
好的 我懂 听好 我很抱歉
Yes. I understand. And, listen, I'm really very sorr-
我保证他会露面的
I'm sure that he's gonna turn up.
而且你告诉我说
And you've already told me that
你不是那辆车的注册车主
you're not the registered owner of the vehicle.
所以 我的意思是
So, I-I mean...
我说过不管怎样我得去认证车辆信息
I told you I would verify the vehicle information anyway.
而且我也认证了 好吗
And I did that, okay?
他有工作的
He has work.
-什么 -他在实习
- Sorry? - Well, an internship.
我在说贾马尔 一个声望挺高的公♥司♥
Jamal, he has a very prestigious...
他本来今天早上要上班的
He has some place to be this morning.
-好吧 -他从来不这样的
- Sure. - This isn't like him.
-女士 -听好
- Ma'am- - Look,
你就不能做个失踪人口报告之类的吗
can't you do a missing persons report or something?
他失踪没有到达48小时 不可以
Not for 48 hours, no.
-但如果你有证据证明 -可能被暴♥力♥致死
- Or if there's evidence of, you know- - Foul play.
-咱们这没有这个词 只有电影里才有
We don't really use that term. That's the movies.
反正就是糟糕的事情
Okay. Something bad. Whatever.
-好吧 -他还没有回家啊
- Right. - He hasn't come home.
他是个负责的孩子
He's a responsible kid.
-也许他的车被偷了 -还不知道呀
- His car could have been stolen. - We don't know that.
-他不见了啊 -好的
- He's missing! - Okay.
这样还不够吗
Isn't that enough?
女士 他才16 17岁
Look, he's- He's 16, 17.
刚18了
Just turned 18.
那他就是准备要高中毕业了呗
Oh! Oh, so he's just about to graduate high school?
-是的 -所以
- Yeah. - So...
-所以什么 -所以他可能
- So, what? - So he's probably...
去南滩玩了呢
out on South Beach
或者 可能你不想听这种事 你懂的
or, you know, well, I know you probably don't want to hear this,
他有可能和女孩子约会去了
but hanging out with some girl.
就是做些青少年男生会做的事
You know? Doing what teenage boys do.
或许吧
Yeah.
我在这个年龄也是在做这些事
I mean, that's what I was doing at that age.
我还是希望你们能够重视一下
Listen, I'd still appreciate it if you all would-
女士 我们会的
Ma'am, we will.
但是你已经这么说过了
But you said that before,
而且你现在要走了
and you're leaving.
我真的很想知道现在是什么情况
And I would really like to know what is going on.
我说过等事故管理警官来上班以后
Look, I told you, as soon as the AM liaison officer gets here-
-不 我的意思是现在 -什么
- No, I mean now. - Sorry?
我需要现在知道
I want to know now.
这样吧 我送你出去到前台接待处吧
Well, I will be happy to walk you back out to reception.
你可以迟点再来看看
You could check again to see
我刚就在前台等了半小时了
I was just at reception for half an hour.
-我现在没有任何办法 -那个前台女士
- There's not much more I can- - And the lady there,
-她根本没任何用处 -我理解
- she was no help at all. - I- I understand.
是她让我来找你的 这应该不是难事
Look, she sent me to you. This can't be that hard.
我很抱歉 女士
I'm very sorry, ma'am, I-
他到底在没在系统记录里
Either he's in the system or he isn't.
女士 无意冒犯 但我们有我们的规矩
Ma'am, no disrespect, but we have a protocol.
听好 我可能偏执了点 但是儿子没回家
Listen, I may seem paranoid, but he's not home.
你们的系统还找到了他的车
His car is showing up on your radar.
-这不是开玩笑嘛 -女士
- Humor me. - Ma'am,
等事故管理警官到了以后
as soon as the AM liaison officer gets here.
警官 求你了
Officer, please.
我不清楚你想我做什么
I don't know what you expect me to do.
你们不是都有电脑记录吗
Well, don't you all have computers?
比如人名和出生日期数据之类的
I don't know, a database with names and DOBs you can-
是的 但是目前我没有这权限
Yes, but I am not authorized to
去帮你搜索这一块
just go running down the rabbit hole.
-要是这时候有人进来发现了 -求你了
- What if somebody walks in, and they...? - Please.
好吧
Fine.
太谢谢你了
Thank you.
现在我还需要更多的详细信息
But I'm gonna need some additional information.
-没问题 -那就好
- Sure. - All right.
我先去准备一下
Just let me- Let me get something.
再来一次 名字是什么
First name again?
贾马尔 J a m a l
Jamal, j-a-m-a-l.
姓氏是康纳吧
Last name, Connor.
没错
Yes.
-是E R吗 -不是 O R
- Is that E-R? - No, O-R.
C o n n o r
C-o-n-n-o-r.
出生日期
Dob?
2001年1月5日
5/1/2001.
有过前科吗
Any priors?
什么意思
Sorry?
前科 就是之前有被拘捕过吗
电影精选列表