And-and my job mattered!
我是《萨克拉门托先驱报》纵横字谜的编辑
I was the Sacramento Herald's crossword constructor...
可我放弃了这份工作 为什么呢
And I threw it all away- for what?
"玛丽 史蒂夫希望你和我们一起过来
"Mary, Steve wants you to come be with us.
他需要你"
He needs you."
真的吗? 我觉得媒体在撒谎
Really? Me thinks the media lies.
有点吧?
A little.
言语 人类 言语
Words, people. Words.
有的话寓意非凡 有的毫无价值
There are meaningful words, there are pointless words...
还有些话会伤人
And then there are words that hurt.
"玛丽 你怎么就不能像其他女孩一样"
"Mary, why can't you be like every other girl?"
"玛丽 你那些无聊的信息都是从哪来的呀"
"Mary, where do you get all that useless information?"
"玛丽 你为什么要那样说话"
"Mary, why do you talk like that?"
"玛丽 玛丽" 那就像
"Mary, Mary!" you know, it's just-just-
对了 对了
Oh, oh! Oh! Oh!
还有你们忍♥耐极限后的牢骚
And the piece of the resistence, yes.
"玛丽 你为什么老穿那双愚蠢的红靴子"
"Mary, why do you wear those stupid red boots all the time?"
想知道为什么吗
You wanna know why? Huh?
想知道吗 好 我告诉你为什么
Do you wanna know why? Okay, I will tell you why.
我穿它是因为那可以让我的脚趾像
I wear them because they make my toes feel...
十个野营的好朋友一样
Like 10 friends on a camping trip.
这就是为什么我穿它
That's why I wear them.
我们完了
We're finished.
地表会塌陷 我们要完了
The ground is gonna collapse. We're gonna perish.
我只想回家
I just wanna go home.
对不起
Sorry.
我不知道你在说什么 可是你说太多了
"I don't know what you're saying, but you talk too much."
我知道
I know.
我知道
I know.
抱歉 女士 请往后退
Ma'am, I'm sorry. You're gonna have to step back.
休斯
Hughes!
我没空
Not now.
是你留言让玛丽到这来的
You wrote the note telling Mary to come here.
你让她到这来 如果她死了
You brought her here. And if she dies-
这不过一道篱笆而已
This is just a fence.
即使你站在那边 你也好过不到哪去
Being on that side of it doesn't make you any better.
你有那些后备
You did that.
她会不会自认为是超级英雄呢
Does she think herself some kind of superhero?
而玛丽
Mary-
她有我们
She did this.
他是我走向正常的关键
He was my ticket to normal.
什么事
Yeah.
"你为什么想和大家一样呢"
"Why would you want to be normal?"
不 我不想
I don't. I don't.
靴子可以帮你保暖
These will keep you warm.
嗯?
Yeah.
说不定有人能想到办法救我们
"Maybe someone will figure out how to save us."
说不定 说不定
Maybe. Maybe.
再说一遍
Say that again.
说不定有人
"Maybe someone" -
说不定 说不定
"maybe." "maybe."
小姑娘 回家的时候到咯
Little deaf girl, it's time for us to go home.
他们怎么一点动静都没有
Why aren't they doing anything?
你体重多少
How much- how much do you weigh?
大概50磅吗 行
Fifty pounds, give or take? Okay.
看着
See.
就弄在这儿
Okay, just get it right down here.
把连接处涂满
Just get all over the joints.
我被踢出女童子军之后
When I got kicked out of girl scouts...
别的女孩子学着卖♥♥曲奇饼去了
And all the other girls were learning how to sell cookies...
我就呆在家里 看物理书
I was at home- ow- reading physics books.
不错吧
Vvoil?
哈特曼 你在干嘛 我说过两分钟后回来的
Hartman. What are you doing? I told you two minutes.
都是我害的玛丽掉进去了
It's my fault Mary's in the hole.
可就像巴顿说的
But like Patton said...
今日付出惨烈代价的行动
A bad plan violently executed today...
胜于明日的纸上谈兵
Is better than a great plan tomorrow."
我准备推一下操纵杆 推动矿车
So, I'm gonna pull the lever, push the cart...
然后就上去啦
And up we go, okay?
我来了 玛丽·霍洛维兹 我来了
I'm coming, Mary Horowitz! I'm coming!
我来救你了
I'm coming to save you!
怎么回事...
What the-
一 二...
One, two-
真是精彩的一跳
Oh! Okay! Pretty good drop.
你们俩还好吧
You guys doing all right?
呃...可是我们都准备...
Mm-hmm. But we were just on-on, you know-
什么东西碰我了! 有东西咬我!
Something just touched me! Something bit me!
有东西... 救命
Something- help!
水里有东西
There's something in that water.
有东西咬我脚了
Something ni-nibbled at my leg.
哈特曼·休斯刚刚跳入...
Hartman Hughes just jumped
我强调一下 跳入了矿井
I repeat, jumped into the mine.
抓着一条毫无附着物的橡胶水管
Grabbing on to a hose that was attached to nothing...
他径直冲进了矿井
He literally dove right into the mine.
现在所有的目光不仅聚焦于玛丽·霍洛维兹
All eyes now not only on Mary Horowitz...
也关注着CCN的记者哈特曼·休斯
But also CCN reporter Hartman Hughes.
我怎么就没想到这么干
Why the hell didn't I think of that?
你检查过四周有蜘蛛没
Did you check the perimeter for spiders?
我检查过了
Uh, yes. Yes, I did.
这里真是...很恐怖
It's really... Scary down here.
如果我老爸看到我这样...
You know, if my old man could see me now.
抱歉
I'm sorry.
是我害你这样的
I mean, I got you into this.
对不起
I'm sorry.
谢谢
Thanks.
你体重多少
Um, how much do you weigh?
这个往里面拉 就能拉住我们上升
And as this pulls back and pulls us upwards...
我会把她绑在这边 你绑在那边
I'll be cradling her here, and i'll be cradling you here.
也许你会愿意像这样扶着我们
Maybe you-you would like to be holding us
当我们上去的时候
Like this when we go up.
不 那是你的点子 我不想抢这个风头
No, no. It's your plan, and I don't wanna take the credit.
我还是抢了这个风头吧
I'd like to take the credit.
行
Okay. All right.
我不知道 他说过一些有关巴顿和纸上谈兵什么的
I don't know. He said something about Patton and a bad plan.
你看到缆绳动了没
Did you see the cable just move?
请不要跳入矿井
Please do not jump into the mine!
赶紧把摄像机拿来
Get the camera right now.
我们...史蒂夫
We- Steve!
先生
You! Sir!
缆绳动了 看来他们正想出来
That cable's moving. Looks like they're coming up.
我能做些什么帮帮他们吗
Is there anything I can do to help out?
我们已经竭尽所能了
We're doing everything we can.
我知道 那缆绳承重没问题吧
I know, but can it take all that weight?
-脚踩住马镫铁? -对
- Foot in the stirrup? -Yes.
-好了 -一切就绪
- Okay. - All set.
-行 -好嘞
- All right. - Okay.
-你准备好了? -你呢
- You ready? - Are you ready?
-好了 希望有效 -对 我也这么希望
- Yeah. I just hope this works. - Yeah, you and me.
-等等 -怎么了
- Hold on. - What's up?
谢谢 万分感激
Oh. Thank you. Appreciate that.
谢谢你 上镜准备完毕
Thank you. I'm camera-ready.
好了
Okay. All right.
好
Okay.
三 二 一
Three, two, one.
如果把生活比作一个纵横字谜
If life is like a crossword puzzle...
那它的价值和伟大之处
Then its worth, its greatness,
应当得到同等评价
Should be judged in the same way.
字谜能够被解答出吗
Is it solvable?
起重机开始倾斜了
The crane is beginning to tilt over.
我猜他们正在出来 很难说到底发生了什么
I think they're coming up! It's hard to tell what's going on.
是否充满趣味
电影精选列表