我仰望天空
My face to the sky
想象着飞翔的高度
Dreaming about just how high I could go
若我到达 我会知道
And if i'll know when I finally get there
摘掉我的眼镜
Taking off my glasses
阳光投射在睫毛上
Sun pokes through my lashes
我就是知道
Somehow I know
每颗星都有闪耀一刻
There's a time for every star to shine
每个人都有闪光点
Everybody got their something
拥有孩子般的笑容
Make you smile like an itty-bitty child
每个人都有闪光点
Everybody got their something
每个人都有闪光点
Everybody got their something
人人都想成功
People keepin'score
赶快行动 抓住机会
Better hurry up and get yours
-你会被发现 -早上好
- Somebody else got your spot - Buongiorno.
失败之前
Before you even dropped
快去寻找 你会发现
Seek and you shall find
一切尽在我的美好时光中
Everything in my own sweet time
我为自己认定的唯一而努力
I'll take my chances with what I believe is only
忙乱的情歌♥
Busy love song
像蝴蝶一样
Like a butterfly
蜕变之后 将会飞翔
Believe if you hand it over you'll come out
一切都会好
All right
每个人都有闪光点
Everybody got their something
拥有孩子般的笑容
Make you smile like an itty-bitty child
每个人都有闪光点
Everybody got their something
每个人都有闪光点
Everybody got their something
我十分钟后到
I'll be there in about 10 minutes.
抱歉
Excuse me.
-对不起 -我知道
- Sorry. - I know, Girl.
对吧 昨晚茉莉家的聚会棒极了
Right? The party was amazing at Jasmine's last night.
大家都去了
Girl, everybody was there.
要想钓到帅哥的话
If you want to seal the deal with a guy,
你得穿超短裙和性感内♥裤♥
You need a short skirt and sexy panties.
-等等 -索罗门在吗
- Hold on. - Uh, is Soloman here?
他在里面
Oh, he's in the back, baby.
你今晚要和我们出去吗
Anyway- yeah, you wanna go out with us tonight?
过去墨西哥人为世界提供了玉米卷
Mexicans traditionally have supplied the world with tacos.
霍洛维兹
Horowitz!
-竖行第八个是什么 -是波拉波拉岛
- Eight down? - Oh. Uh, uh, that would be bora-bora.
这个很难 别郁闷
It's a tough one. Don't punish yourself.
同意吧 同意吧
Please say yes. Please say yes.
-同意吧 -玛丽
- Please say yes. - oh, hey, Mary.
您好
Hello, sir.
我有个想法
Um, I have an idea.
下周的填字游戏做好了吗
Do you have next week's crossword?
是的 但是现在有更好的
Indeed I do, but better yet...
我做了许多 还有个计划
I have many and a brilliant plan.
取消每周一♥期♥ 我可以做到每天一♥期♥
Instead of doing just one crossword per week, I could go daily.
-每周就有五期 -抱歉
- I could do five per week- - I'm sorry...
但我们没有多余的版面
But we just don't have space for that kind of content.
我知道 但是 填字游戏
I know, but, sir, the crossword...
是每个人喜爱的报纸板块
Is everyone's favorite part of the newspaper.
我们可以像《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》那样...
And we could be just like the New York Times...
随着每周天数增加而增加难度
Where the puzzle gets harder as the week goes.
周一照例最简单
So on Monday, a day that traditionally bites the big one
这不是《纽♥约♥时♥报♥》 我们只是地方报纸
This isn't the New York Times. We're a local paper.
我们的读者只想消遣一下
Our readers just wanna have fun.
如果他们只是想消遣的话
Oh! Well, sir, if fun is what they want...
那么玛丽·霍洛维兹可以满足他们
Then Mary Horowitz has their fun.
看 为圣帕特里克节而作
Ta-da! For Saint Patty's Day.
您一早就能看到
Top o' the morning to ya.
-是小精灵 -太好了 你们是天生一对
- Leprechaun. - Wonderful. You guys are such a beautiful couple.
恭喜你啊
Congratulations, man.
我知道 谁会想得到啊
I know. Who would have ever thought?
-玛丽 -什么
- Mary. - Yes?
你有没有想过停下工作 出去玩玩
Do you ever stop working long enough to, you know, like, go out?
比如和朋友聚聚?
Spend time with friends?
-没有 -去约会呢
- Nope. - Go on a date?
我今晚有个约会
I have a- a date this evening, sir.
-是吗 -是的 相亲
- Oh? - Yes. A-a blind one.
我父母安排的 但我当然不想去
My parents set it up. So I was obviously going to cancel.
去约会吧
Go on out on your date.
玩得开心点
You know, have some fun with him, and-
你搬入公♥寓♥了吗
Have you moved back into your apartment?
没有 漆味很重
Uh, no. Still fumigating.
我在等有害气味散去
But I'm just waiting for the chemicals to settle...
那样不会得脑癌
So I don't get the- the old brain cancer.
虽然如果我不搬出父母的家
Though if I don't move out of my parents' home soon,
有可能被洗♥脑♥
I'll be forced to get a lobotomy.
-要么得脑癌 要么被洗♥脑♥ 脑癌...-玛丽
- So it's brain cancer, lobotomy, brain cancer- - Mary.
玛丽 别做工作狂 多做点其他的事
Mary, less work, more of everything else.
享受正常人的生活
Just enjoy being normal.
马丁 我需要那篇南瓜短缺的专稿
Martin, I need that feature on the pumpkin shortage.
好了吗
Is it ready?
做个正常人
Be normal.
正常人
Normal.
生活 就像填字游戏
In life, as in crosswords...
有些时候比平时更加难过
Some days are harder than others...
这让你的大脑保持活力
And that's what keeps your brain alive.
度过这些艰难日子的关键在于振奋精神
The key to surviving those tough days is to pick yourself up...
坚定自己的生活目标
And stay focused on your life's purpose.
对我来说
For me,
那就是向所有人讲述填字游戏的乐趣
That's imparting the joy of crosswording to all mankind.
填字游戏
Ah, crosswording...
是人们不必冒险却能享受到最多乐趣的游戏
The most spectacular fun a person can have without passing out.
我喜欢你这全副武装的样子
I like your protective ensemble.
消防员防护服
Bunker gear, if you will.
如果这些孩子把你放在火上烤
So, if these kids set you on fire,
你能忍♥受多少度-300度吗
You're good to what- 300 degrees?
我可不行
If I survive this!
我今晚要去相亲
I'm supposed to go on a blind date tonight.
那男人叫史蒂夫
Yeah. Steve.
史蒂夫 没准儿他妈妈以为他是同性恋
Steve. Yeah. His mother probably thinks he's gay.
我父母保媒拉线
So, my parents are no doubt pimping
想让我去验证一下
Me out to test his sexuality. Thanks.
但我不会去的
But i'm- i'm- I'm gonna cancel.
要是你也会推掉吧
Yeah. I mean, wouldn't you?
是吧 虽然我能用一点...
Yeah? Though I-I could use a little-
你知道我的意思
If you know what I'm saying.
很久了
Yeah. Been a long time.
玛丽·霍洛维兹
Mary Horowitz.
在 我就是
Yes. Yes. That is-that's me.
孩子们 下面开始游戏
Here's a treat, students.
玛丽·霍洛维兹小姐是
Miss Nary Horowitz is
《萨克拉门托先驱报》填字游戏的作者
The crossword constructor for the Sacramento Herald.
看过每周报纸上的
You know the crossword puzzles that
填字游戏吗
You see each week in the newspaper?
都是她设计的
Well, it's her job to create them.
很有趣吧
Isn't that fun?
女士们 先生们
Ladies and gentlemen...
人们常玩填字游戏
People do crossword puzzles all the time...
但他们并不关注
But they don't often think of the
将这些字母组合在一起的人
Person who made all the words fit together.
填字游戏作者有非凡的才智
Crossword constructors have above-average intelligence...
能够写出来就再好不过了
And it helps if they can spell.
好的
Okay. Um-
很好
Okay. That's good.
想象一下 如果你愿意 整个世界
Imagine, if you will, a world.
-整个世界 -丹尼尔 你想提问
- A world- - Daniel. You have a question.
你以此为生吗
You make a living doing that?
电影精选列表