Care for a cigar?
来根雪茄吗
No thank you, I don't smoke.
不 谢了 我不抽烟
Oh this, yeah. That's...
这个 这个是...
in case nuclear war breaks out.
只是为了防止核战爆发
I gave it up a long time ago.
我很早就戒烟了
It's part habit, part superstition.
现在这样一半是因为习惯 一半是迷信
It's, you know, a writer thing.
这是作家的通病
You do drink, don't you?
那你一定喝酒吧
Of course, I just said I was a writer.
当然了 我刚说我是作家
Le Cinquante Sept Deces, 1939.
1939年产的拉斯科威士忌
Exquisite.
这可是上品
About $800 a bottle, when you can find it.
如果你能买♥♥得到的话 大概是800美元一瓶
I appreciate the bribe, but I intend on staying in that room.
多谢你的贿赂 可我只想住在1408房♥
How long? How long?
住多久 多久
My usual is overnight.
通常情况下 我都是过夜
I see.
我明白了
No one's ever lasted more than an hour.
可从来没人在那房♥里捱过1小时
Jesus, man.
天啊 老兄
You ought to shave your eyebrows and paint your hair gold
如果你是准备卖♥♥掉那狗屁的闹鬼房♥间
if you're gonna try to sell that spookhouse bullshit.
你应该把你的眉毛剃了 然后染一头金发
Otherwise, you'll scare the children.
否则你只能去吓吓小孩子
Why are you mocking me when I am genuinely,
我正想方设法的帮你
to the best of my ability, trying to help you?
你为什么却要嘲笑我呢
No, you're playing a little game.
不 你不过是在耍小把戏
You're selling the mystique.
你是在故作高深
But eventually, we both know
但是你我都清楚
you're gonna give me the key and I'm gonna go up to the room
最后你还是会把钥匙给我 我还是会住进1408
and I'm gonna write my story
然后完成我的小说
and your bookings are gonna go up 50%.
而你的客房♥预定率也会随之上升五成
Do you mind if my little friend records our conversation?
你不介意这位"小朋友" 记录我们的谈话吧
I'll take that as a yes.
那我当你答应了
Sir, you quite misunderstand the situation.
先生 你完全低估了我们酒店
Now, I know the Dolphin doesn't have the cachet of the Plaza
我知道海豚酒店没有广场酒店...
or the Carlyle,
或者卡莱尔酒店那么有名
but we operate at 90% capacity.
但是我们总是保持 90%的客房♥入住率
Always.
一直是
And my concern here is not for the hotel.
我现在担心的不是酒店的前景
My concern here is not for you.
也不是你个人的安危
Frankly, selfishly,
坦白的讲 或者自私一点说
I don't want you to check into 1408
我就是不想叫你入住1408房♥
because I don't want to clean up the mess.
因为我不想去收拾你留下的烂摊子
Now hotels are all about presentation
酒店经营重在自身形象
and fertile creature comforts.
和提供良好的衣食住行服务
My training is as a manager,
我学的是酒店管理
not a coroner.
而不是验尸
Under my watch there have been four deaths... four.
我已经亲眼目睹了 4起死亡事件...4起啊
After the last one, I forbade any guest
上次事件之后 我就禁止
from checking into 1408 ever again.
任何客人入住1408房♥
The last one was David Hide,
上次的死者叫大卫·海德
orthodontist, manic-depressive.
正牙医生 也是躁狂抑郁病患者
Slit his wrist, did a little self-surgery,
他割腕自杀 在那之前给自己做了手术
turned himself into a eunuch, right?
把自己阉了 我说得对吧
Yes. So you've done your homework.
没错 看来你还是做过些调查的
I'm a professional too.
我是职业作家
Well, grievously, in its 95-year existence,
不幸的是 酒店成立的这95年来
the hotel has seen seven jumpers,
已经发生过7起跳楼自杀
four overdoses, five hangings,
4起服药过量死亡 5起上吊
three mutilations... Three mutilations...
3起自残身亡... 3起自残身亡...
two stranglings. General manager Gerald Olin
2起窒息死亡 盖瑞德·奥林总经理...
is well-versed in the hotel's tragic history,
很了解酒店历史上发生的悲剧
dryly reciting the docket of carnage like a bookkeeper
讲述这些死亡事件时 很冷淡 就如同会计...
discussing his ledger.
谈论账目那般坦然自如
Well, you think you're clever, don't you?
你以为自己很聪明 是吧
I know the game.
我知道你的伎俩
Well, during your investigation,
在你的调查中
did you discover the 22 natural deaths
有没有发现1408房♥曾发生过
that have occurred in 1408?
22起自然死亡事件
Natural deaths?
自然死亡?
Ah, didn't find out about them
不知道了吧
because the newspapers don't print anything about them.
这些事报纸可没兴趣报道
Hmm. All told, there have been 56 deaths in 1408.
1408房♥总共发生过56起死亡事件
56? You're shitting me.
56起 你耍我吧
You don't know anything.
看来你一点都不清楚
The causes of death in 1408 range
1408房♥死者的死因五花八门
from heart attack, stroke, drowning...
心脏病发作 中风 淹死...
Drowning? Yes, one Mr. Grady Miller
淹死 对 有位米勒先生
drowned in his chicken soup.
淹死在鸡汤里
That's hard to do. How... how did he do that?
这可不容易 他是怎么办到的
How indeed?
真的想知道
Interesting. It's all in here.
有意思吧 所有的记录都在这里
I will let you have this and give you access to my office.
我可以把这些资料给你 你也可以自♥由♥出入我办公室
You can take notes, put it all in your book.
你可以做记录 把这些都写到你书里去
My only condition
我只要求...
is that you do not stay in that room.
你不再要求入住1408房♥
You'll let me look at all that stuff?
你会让我看所有这些资料
I never did get that drink.
我还没喝过那种酒
Oh, that is good. Here, keep it.
味道真不错 拿去吧
Compliments of the house.
就算是酒店送你的礼物
I'm still staying. Damn it to hell!
我还是要住那 他妈的
I'm sorry.
抱歉
All right here. Here, read the godforsaken thing.
好吧 给 好好看看这些吧
I guarantee you, once you've read it
我敢保证 读完之后
you won't want to stay in 1408.
你肯定会改变主意不想住进1408
The first victim: Mr. Kevin O'Malley,
第一位受害者 凯文·O·麦里先生
sewing machine salesman.
是位缝纫机推销员
Checked into the hotel the first week it opened...
于1912年10月 酒店开业...
October, 1912. Cut his own throat, right?
第一周入住 他割喉而亡 对吗
Oh, that's not the horrific part.
那还不是最恐怖的
Afterwards, in a fit of insanity,
之后 在流血身亡之前
he tried to stitch himself back together
在近乎疯狂的状态下 他试图用老式的缝衣针...
using an old sewing needle before he bled to death.
把伤口再缝起来
Easy, man.
放松点 老兄
Look, Mr. Enslin,
听着 安斯林先生
you don't have to stay in 1408.
你没必要住进1408房♥
You can take photographs of 1404.
你完全可以在1404房♥拍些照片
It has the exact same layout and
这2个房♥间布局完全一致
no one will ever know the difference.
根本不会有人知道
My readers expect the truth. Your readers?
可我的读者们想了解事实 你的读者
Your readers expect grotesqueries
你的读者们不过是想看些 荒诞离奇...
and cheap thrills.
廉价刺♥激♥的情节罢了
"The headless ghost of Mr. Eugene Rilsby
"无头鬼云格·李斯比
still walks his abandoned farmhouse."
还是走进了废弃的农舍"
"The Barking Phantom of Mount Hope Cemetery."
"霍普山墓地里咆哮的幽灵"
A direct quote... how'd you know that?
这些都是书中原话... 你是怎么知道的
Your books aren't hard to find.
你的书并不难找
They're on the bargain shelves of any paperback novel store;
每家书店的打折区都可以看到
full of cynicism,
书中到处充斥着玩世不恭
written by a talented, intelligent man
而作者自称机敏过人 才华横溢
who doesn't believe in anything or anyone but himself.
是个相当自负的人
Guilty as charged.
随你怎么说吧
Hey listen, this meeting's over.
我们没什么好谈的了
Why don't you give me the room?
直接把房♥间钥匙给我吧
Oh please, don't act like a hurt schoolgirl.
别这样 别像个 受了委屈的小丫头似的
In fact, you surprised me. Oh.
说实话 你还挺让我吃惊的 是吗
You are not the hack-n-slash I expected.
你并没有我想象的那么尖刻
I rather liked the first one, the hardcover.
我真的挺喜欢你第一部小说 精♥装♥的那本
What was it called? "The Last Walk..."
叫什么名字来着《最后的散步》
"Long Road Home."
《漫漫回家路》
"The Long Road Home," yes.
《漫漫回家路》 就是这本
I rather thought the father was a bastard.
我想那名父亲是个混♥蛋♥
电影精选列表