剧集 | 白衣女郎(2018) | 导航列表
海尔科姆小姐
Miss Halcombe.
谢谢
Thank you.
劳拉应该也是这么想
I believe that's Laura's wish too.
那我们到时候再讨论这事
Well, then, we will return to the subject in due course.
但现在恐怕我得问你哈特莱特先生的事
But now I fear I must ask you to tell me about Mr Hartright.
他怎么了
What of him?
他走得很突然 对吧
Well, he left rather abruptly, did he not?
珀西维尔爵士
I'm quite sure, Sir Percival,
我想你一定知道他被解雇了
that you're aware that he was dismissed.
是的
Yes.
我能说实话吗 海尔科姆小姐
So, may I be candid with you, Miss Halcombe?
是关于你妹妹的
It's about your sister.
但说无妨 只要你别指望我不偏心
You may be candid as long as you don't expect me to be impartial.
我跟你叔叔谈过 他说哈特莱特先生被解雇
I spoke with your uncle, who indicated there were several reasons
有几个原因
for Mr Hartright's dismissal.
不只是因为他未能尽责
They involved more than the neglect of his work.
此外 如果我没发现费尔利小姐变了个人
Moreover, I would be insensitive if I had not noticed
我未免太迟钝了
a change in Miss Fairlie's manner.
我说对了 是不是
I'm correct, am I not?
你想太多了
You presume too much.
再说 我不能代表她说话
Besides, I cannot speak for her.
她非常重视她父亲的遗愿
She takes her father's dying wish very seriously.
我希望这也会成为她的愿望
I hope it will be her wish too.
那是自然
Of course.
走吧
Come on.
还没有凯瑟里克太太的消息吗
No word from Mrs Catherick?
我相信就快了
I'm sure we'll hear soon enough.
你有什么困扰吗
Is something troubling you?
珀西维尔·格莱德准爵士要劳拉慎重考虑一下
Sir Percival has asked Laura to reflect on the reasons
他们的婚姻
for their marriage.
并非非分之请
Hardly an onerous request.
确实
No.
但我希望信能快点送到
But I hope the letter arrives soon,
好减轻大家对珀西维尔·格莱德爵士人品的疑虑
to alleviate the doubt surrounding Sir Percival's character.
玛丽安
Marian,
我一直都尽心尽力地支持你和你妹妹
I have always tried my best to support you and your sister,
现在能听我一言吗
so will you hear me now?
当然
Of course.
我们必须得回到现实世界中来
We must get back to the real world.
如果劳拉要放弃一桩门当户对的婚配
If Laura were to give up a perfectly proper and desirable match,
就太鲁莽愚蠢了
it would be reckless and foolish.
你也不希望她郁郁寡欢 对吗
You wouldn't wish her to be unhappy, would you?
当然
Of course not.
不过这样的愁云都是暂时的 很容易消散
But any temporary upset of this kind can easily pass.
但如果换了是男人
But if it were a man...
就可以随心所欲地选择新娘
..He'd be able to choose whomever he wished.
前提是门当户对
Of suitable rank.
同时还能去其他地方满足欲求
Whilst pursuing any other needs he had, elsewhere.
你太愤世嫉俗了 玛丽安
You are cynical, Marian.
我只是洞察了男人
I'm merely an observer of men.
能来客厅一下吗 劳拉
Will you come into the drawing room, Laura?
谢谢你的好意 但我要就寝了
Thank you, but I shall retire soon.
好的
Of course.
你晚餐时看起来有点心不在焉
You seemed a little distracted at dinner.
或许你脑中全是绘画
Your head is filled with painting, perhaps?
不是的
No.
有时候 当我一白天都在作画
Sometimes, when I've been painting a lot in the day,
可能会看起来有点疏远
I can...seem a touch distant.
有时我来这里的路上 我想着你
Sometimes on my journey's here, I think about you
却有片刻会想不起你的脸
and just for a moment, your face escapes me,
这令我害怕极了
and it terrifies me.
我太心急了 原谅我
I'm impatient. Forgive me.
我希望你能陪伴我左右
I want to see you beside me.
这份婚约我已经等了太久
It's been a long engagement.
太久了
Too long.
劳拉
Laura...
什么 珀西维尔爵士
Yes, Sir Percival?
我说过了 请不要再喊我的头衔了
I've asked you, please stop using my title.
抱歉 我总是忘
I'm sorry, I keep forgetting.
想怎么叫我都行 劳拉
Call me what you will, Laura.
晚安 珀西维尔爵士
Goodnight, Sir Percival.
这份婚约我已经等了太久...
It's been a long engagement...
我希望你陪伴我左右...
I want to see you beside me...
玛丽安 我再也受不了了
Marian, I can bear it no longer!
怎么了 劳拉
What is it, Laura?
我知道我绝不能提出解除婚约
I know I can never claim my release...
但我可以亲口把真♥相♥告诉珀西维尔爵士
..But I can tell Sir Percival the truth with my own lips
他听了后
and when he hears all,
就会明白我们不能结婚了
he will understand the wedding is impossible.
他有权利知道
He has a right to know!
他根本无权知道
He has not the shadow of a right to know!
我觉得他有 我不要对他撒谎
I believe he does. I-I will not lie to him.
劳拉 劳拉 你不能告诉他
Laura...! Laura, you cannot tell him.
请不要生我的气 玛丽安
Please don't be angry with me, Marian.
你陪我去向他说明
Let me speak to him in your presence.
向他坦白能让我心安
It will ease my heart to tell the truth.
费尔利小姐 海尔科姆小姐
Miss Fairlie, Miss Halcombe.
请一起坐下吧 珀西维尔爵士
Please, sit down with us, Sir Percival.
我想和你谈一件
I wish to speak to you on a subject
对你我都非常重要的事
that is very important to us both.
我姐姐在场 是因为有她在
My sister is here because her presence helps me
我会更自信
and gives me confidence.
但这是我自己的想法 而不是她的
But know that I speak from my own thoughts and not from hers.
我变了
There is a change in me.
一个严重到
A change which is serious enough
让你有权取消婚约的改变
to justify you breaking off our engagement.
哪种改变
What kind of change?
我相信 一个女人应该对她丈夫
I believe the fondest and truest of all affections
怀有最深最真挚的爱
is the affection a woman ought to bear to her husband.
我们订婚后 这份属于我的爱
When our engagement began, that affection was mine to give
就该由你来赢得
and...yours to win.
原谅我好吗 珀西维尔爵士
Will you pardon me, Sir Percival,
我得承认情况有变
if I acknowledge that is not so any longer?
我相信 我说的这些已足以
I believe I have said more than enough
让你有理由取消婚约了
to justify you withdrawing from your engagement.
你说的这些已足以让我无论如何
You have said more than enough to make it the dearest object
也要继续我们的婚约
of my life to KEEP the engagement.
你明白吗 先生 我可以做你忠实的妻子
You understand, sir, that I may be your true and faithful wife...
但我做不到爱你
but I will never be your loving wife?
不要以为我会无情地放弃
Do not think me heartless enough to resign a woman
一位刚刚自证为最高尚的女性
who has just proved herself to be the noblest of her sex.
哪怕你只给我最少的
The least you can offer
都比世上其他女人能给的多
is more than I can hope for from any other woman in the world.
亲爱的玛丽安 从里蒙里基大宅回来后
"Dear Marian, London feels so empty
我就觉得伦敦空荡荡的
since I returned from Limmeridge.
我试过画画 但我一心想着劳拉
I try to paint, but my mind is consumed by thoughts of Laura
和安·凯瑟里克
and of Anne Catherick.
我一夜又一夜地回到荒地
I am drawn back to the heath, night after night,
希望能找到她
in the hope of finding her.
但她毫无踪影
But there is no trace of her anywhere.
我越是去寻她
The more I look for her,
越觉得自己被监视了
the more I feel that I'm being watched.
珀西维尔爵士不想让人找到她吗
Does Sir Percival not want her to be found?
我一直在想 他可能对她做了什么
I keep thinking about what he might have done to her,
或是她之前经历过什么
or what her life must have been.
凯瑟里克太太有什么消息吗
Is there any news from Mrs Catherick?"
现在还没有
"There's no word as yet,
但珀西维尔爵士来访时 我都密切关注他
but I am keeping a close eye on Sir Percival during his visit.
拜托 朋友 别被这些念头击垮
Please, my friend, do not let these thoughts overwhelm you."
过好自己的生活吧 沃特
You must live your own life, Walter."
剧集 | 白衣女郎(2018) | 导航列表