剧集 | 窃贼、妻子及皮划艇(2022) | 导航列表
也无法原谅
'as it was unforgiveable.
但我能确定的是 我是如此地爱你
'But what I can say is that I love you so much.
我一直爱着你 也会将会一直爱你
'I always have loved you, and I always will love you,
即便你不会再想见我
'even if you never want to see me again,
我想应该就是这样的结局
'which I fully expect to be the case.'
2号♥ 星期日 母亲节
事实也是如此 尽管我在接下来几个月里
'And indeed, despite the dozens of letters I wrote to them
给他们写了成打的信 没有人回信
'over the next few months, neither replied.
我又怎么能怪他们呢
'How could I possibly blame them?
所以 我终于
'And so, finally...
我终于意识到如果我想再见到他们的话
'..Finally, I realised there was only one way forward
我只剩下一个选择
'if I ever wanted to see them again.'
我说谎了
'I lied.'
我从一开始就参与了整个计划
I was in on it from the very start.
所以你在他乘皮划艇出海前
So you knew, before he went out in the canoe,
就知道他要去伪造自己的假死吗
that he intended to fake his own death?
是的 我知道
Yes, I did.
-当你报告他的失踪时呢 -我知道他没事
- And when you reported him missing? - I knew he was fine.
其实我报失踪的两小时前
In fact, I'd picked him up from North Gare beach
从北站海滩接他上岸了
about two hours before
然后开车带他去了杜伦火车站
and then driven him to Durham station,
他从那坐火车去了湖区
where he got the train to the lakes
接着在一条小溪旁扎营住了三周
and camped by a stream for the next three weeks.
然后他回到了西顿
He then came back to Seaton
在三号♥和四号♥公♥寓♥里住了五年
and lived between number three and four for the next five years.
我从头到尾就没愿意做过任何事
I never wanted to do any of it.
我一直在劝他停手
And I tried constantly to persuade him not to.
但我最后确实也做了
But I did do it.
我从一开始
I was in on it...
就参与了整件事情
..From the very beginning.
我非常非常愧疚
And I'm very, very sorry.
好的
Ok.
是的
Yes.
我策划了整起假死事件
I faked it all.
天呐 约翰
Oh, my God. John.
-他们说我能跟你见一面 -谁说的
- They said I could see you for two minutes. - Who did?
天 别这样
J... please...
因为我们现在只能依靠彼此了 亲爱的
Cos we're all we have now, love. Each other...
-约翰 会有人进来 -我们要团结一致
- John, someone could walk in... - We just have to stick together.
时间到了伙计们
That's enough, fella.
好了 现在马上出来
Right, out, now!
我还想让你知道
I also wanted to tell you...
我原谅你了 安
..That I forgive you, Anne.
真的
I do.
记得跟我打电♥话♥ 安
Call me, Anne!
比向警♥察♥坦白更难的
'Even harder than confessing to the police
是告诉我父母 他们一直深爱的女儿
'was telling my parents that the daughter they had always adored
背离了他们一直相信的所有原则
'had betrayed every single principle they had ever believed in.
我想他们会跟我断绝关系
'I fully expected them to disown me.'
但我确实犯罪了
'But I am guilty.'
所以我就是在说
Well, that's what I'm saying,
如果我们能证明你是被胁迫的
if we can prove that you were coerced,
那你就没有犯罪
then no, you're not.
我没有被强迫做任何事
I didn't have to do anything.
我是个成年人 我能为自己负责
I was an adult, I made my own choices.
他从没有威胁或者伤害过我
He never threatened me or hurt me.
身体上是没有 但是精神上呢
Physically, no, but emotionally?
你们在一起的每一天 按照我的理解
Every day of your life together, as I understand it,
我能利用这点来抗辩 人会慢慢身心俱疲
and I think I can argue that that wears a person down,
日复一日 年复一年
day after day year after year,
一直到没有能力抵抗了
till they no longer have the strength to resist.
所以如果我作有罪辩护的话 会怎么判
So what would I get? For a guilty plea, I mean.
可能...三年
Maybe... three years?
作无罪辩护且败诉 那就得四到四年半了
Four, four-and-a-half if you go not guilty and lose,
我必须强调 这完全有可能
which I should stress is entirely possible.
要想证明你无罪很困难
It's a tough defence to prove.
但如果胜诉呢
But if it succeeded?
那你就能无罪释放
Well, then you'd walk free.
这是一个艰难的抉择
'It was a horrible decision to have to make.
过了好几周
'And for many weeks,
我依旧对什么是正确的选择毫无头绪
'I had absolutely no idea what the right thing to do was.'
三号♥休闲区域需要人手
'Officers requested in rec area three.
请向克伦肖警官报到
'Please report to Officer Crenshaw.'
就在我第一场听证会的前几天
'And then a few days before my first hearing,
我的父母来探监了
'my parents came to see me.
这对善良仁慈的人
'These good, good people,
被我羞辱辜负的我的血亲
'my flesh and blood who had been so shamed and let down,
安慰我不管我做了什么 他们爱我如初
'told me whatever I'd done, they still loved me.
爱我永不变
'That they would always love me.'
我太害怕我父母会在我出狱之前离世了
I'm so scared my parents will die before I get out.
我就想着 如果我能再见见我的儿子们
And I think, if I could just see my boys...
跟他们讲讲话 或许我可以...
..Talk to them, maybe I could...
以及他的确逼着我做这些了 真的
And he did make me do it, he really did.
我...我不止一次试着让他停手
I... I tried to stop him so many times.
好的 离庭前听证会还有三周
OK, well, the pre-trial hearing is in three weeks.
-你想怎样抗辩 -我想作无罪辩护
- How do you want to plead? - I want to go not guilty.
最后 这一天终于到了
'And then, finally, the day arrived.
我不知道我更害怕什么
'I'm not sure what I was more scared of -
庭审本身 还是法庭上见到我的儿子们
'the trial itself or seeing my boys in court,
已经认罪的约翰不用再受这份罪
'a torment John had avoided by already pleading guilty.
但我得独自面对
'I was on my own.'
好了 安 时间到了
OK, Anne, it's time.
陪审团的诸位 站在你们面前的被告
'Members of the jury, the defendant stands before you,
被控告15项欺诈罪
'charged with 15 counts of deception
和洗钱罪
'and money laundering.
达尔文太太以婚内胁迫为由抗辩
'Mrs Darwin's defence is one of marital coercion,
但要抗辩成功 就必须证明
'but, for this to succeed, it must be shown
她的丈夫在她每次犯罪的时候都在场
'that her husband was present each time an offence was committed.
根据检方的意见
'It is the Crown's submission
她的丈夫不但经常不在场
'that not only was her husband very often not present,
而且在长达五年半的时间内
'but that over a period of five-and-a-half years,
尽管她有过多次中止欺诈行为的机会
'and with multiple opportunities to end the deceit,
她却在多次自愿
'she in fact repeatedly offended...
独♥立♥ 主动地多次违反法律
'willingly, individually and actively.'
我们将进一步展示
'We will furthermore show
达尔文太太远非一个顺从且受胁迫的妻子
'that, far from being a submissive and coerced wife,
她其实是一个机智聪明的骗子
'Mrs Darwin was in fact a clever and ingenious liar
能不费吹灰之力
'who was able to effortlessly deceive
大规模行骗
'on an almost industrial scale.
她骗了警♥察♥ 骗了死因裁定法庭
'To the police, to the Coroner's Court,
骗了她的工作伙伴和同事
'to her work friends and colleagues
还有最可耻的是 骗了她的孩子们
'and, perhaps most shamefully, to her own children.'
全体起立
All rise.
最后 陪审团成员
And lastly, members of the jury,
你们作为儿女 作为母亲
as sons, daughters, mothers yourself,
我请问你们 当你们看到这张在巴拿马
I will ask you, when you look at that infamous photo
房♥产中介拍下的可耻照片
in a Panamanian estate agent,
你们看到的是一个
if you see a terrified woman,
被迫告诉她的孩子们父亲去世的落魄女人
coerced in to telling her children their father was dead,
还是一个微笑着展望
or if you see a devious and wily woman,
她用骇人的诈骗成果
smiling at the prospect of a new life
换取热带天堂新生活的
in a tropical paradise,
奸险狡诈的女人
paid for with the fruits of her dreadful fraud.
这件事毁了我的世界
It crushed my world.
当然
Of course it did.
我爱他 他曾是一个好父亲
I loved him. He was... He was a great dad.
他毁了我的全世界
Crushed my entire world.
这件事看上去像是一切都由我掌控
'It might have appeared like I took control,
但其实不是
but I didn't really.'
一切的事件发展都在他最终设想之内
It was only ever within the confines of what he ultimately wanted.
你很擅长说谎吗 达尔文太太
剧集 | 窃贼、妻子及皮划艇(2022) | 导航列表