这绳子足够结实了
Satisfied the ropes are strong enough,
蒂姆抬起头来,他想找一个合适的树杈
Tim heads up the tree with no idea what he might find in the jungle canopy.
很好,好的,它还没准备好,真的,因为,哦 ... 我要开始了 ...
OK, well, it didn't go to plan, really, because, er... I started climbing...
配上绳子来爬树真的很容易,然后我开始攀升
The ropes went in really easily, amazingly, and then I started to climb,
我碰到了一些叶子,身上感觉很痒
and as soon as I hit some foliage, I started getting the odd little itch.
我碰到的第一片叶子是我头上的
And by the time I got through the first bit of foliage, I was flailing.
我身上爬满了小蚂蚁,这有点像自杀式的任务
I was covered in tiny little ants that were just on a suicide mission.
它们在咬我
They were just eating me alive.
我想赶快爬上去
And I tried to climb on,
我刚向上爬了一点点,它们还在忘我身上钻
and I got a bit further up, and they were still going at me.
它们已经爬到我的袖子里了
They started getting in my sleeves
接着我的腰上也很多
and then all around my waist,
然后,它们开始进攻我的脖子
and then they started getting all round my neck.
它们钻进了我的头盔
They got in my helmet as well, so at one point
我只能摘掉头盔,并尽力拍掉它们
I had to get my helmet off and try and shake them out.
可恶的小家伙
Nasty little things.
大家没有被爬树吓到,蒂姆和摄制组又回到了丛林
Undeterred by creepy-crawlies, Tim and the team head back to the jungle
希望这次爬树会成功
hoping for a more successful climb.
CHIMPS BARK
WHISPERS: 它是如此的接近.
WHISPERS: It's incredibly close.
就在附近...也许在6米以上,离我很近
It's about...maybe six metres above and just behind me.
就在大树上我刚经过的地方
The tree I'm going for is just over that way.
这里应该很好拍摄巢里的黑猩猩
That should give us a good shot down on him...in his nest.
这就是我们想要的
That's what we're aiming for.
我发现我正在做一件愚蠢的事
I've noticed that I'm right on a big pile of elephant-do.
必须要准备一些驱蚊剂
Just putting on some insect repellent.
然后洒在我的袖子上
Then I'm going to tape my sleeves up
因此我想看看,蚂蚁还有没有时间出来咬我
because I want to try and keep the ants out if they're there this time.
准备好后,蒂姆抬头观察环境
Geared up once again, Tim heads up to check the view.
马丁在地面拍摄
Martin prepares to record from the ground,
专业摄影师尼克特纳在树上拍摄
and tree-climbing specialist cameraman Nick Turner
终于搞定大树了
can finally take to the trees.
在他后面,马丁递给他一个很珍贵的东西
And right behind him, Martin sends up a precious cargo.
装着世界上唯一的高清星光摄像机的袋子
The world's only HD starlight camera is in the bag,
因此我们所站的地点也是它的拍摄范围
so let's not stand under it in case it falls.
这种设备在这里用有些糟糕,我是说,其实我们早了解这一切
It's a real mess up here with gear, I mean, we know where everything is,
不管怎样我们都要做到,因此我们不放弃任何机会
but it's just everything has to be tied on so we don't drop anything.
这些是电缆、胶带、绳子以及攀爬所需要的一切
There's cables and tapes and ropes and karabiners all over the place.
我们到达高15米的地方
We're about 15 metres off the deck
黑猩猩大约在10至12米的高度,比我们低一些的地方
and the chimps are about 10 to 12 metres away from us, down slightly.
摄制组已成功接近它们
The team are close to success.
但在此之前,他们甚至没拍到一个这样的画面...
But before they can even take a shot...
RATTLING
怎么啦?
What's going on?
..武装护林员好像听到了什么
..the armed ranger has heard something.
好像有大象朝我们这边走过老了
It seems we've got some elephants coming close to us
而且我们不知道它们会做什么
and we're not sure what to do or what they're going to do.
大象也许可以看到我们,因此我们必须暂时离开
So we're leaving our lights on so the elephants can see us
也没有感到特别惊讶
and don't get suddenly surprised.
我确定它们会离我们而去的
I'm pretty sure they'll just try and stay away from us...
但你是不会了解的
but you never know.
大象在夜里的视力很差
Elephants have very poor eyesight in the dark.
如果它们接近了摄制组,它们可能会因产生恐惧而攻击
If they come across the crew, they might take fright and attack.
我们认为这可能是大象
We think that might be an elephant.
ON RADIO: 我们只能用B计划
ON RADIO: We should have a B-plan here.
它们可能只是感到好奇,并没有什么危险,但是...
They're probably curious rather than dangerous, but...
我不是研究大象的专家
I'm not an expert in elephant behaviour.
我的计划是利用大树隐藏起来
My plan is to run behind the tree and hide.
甚至可以...
Possibly even...
试着爬上去
try and climb up into it.
可能会去哪里.
Probably get up there.
这也许是我能提供的最好的一件
I'm afraid that's the best I can offer.
你在那里会很安全的
You're probably quite safe up there.
我不认为它们会从树上下来
I don't think they'd be able to knock the tree down
但我保证会把这次拍摄做的比
but what I'll make sure I do is I'll set the thing in
以前的记录好, 但...
to record before I go, so...
我不能想像黑猩猩看到大象走过来
I can't imagine the chimps will be too happy about having elephants
会不会乱跑
running around like that.
那样的话,摄制组将无处藏身
With nowhere to hide, the crew carries on
也不能收到警卫给出的讯号♥
and the guard comes back with news.
这里是一只黑猩猩
There's a chimpanzee.
是黑猩猩。你确定吗?是的,当然
It's a chimpanzee. Are you sure? Yes, of course.
黑猩猩一直在和摄制组玩游戏
The chimps have been playing tricks on the crew.
因此,它们一旦受到大象到来的危险信♥号♥♥
So once the fear of elephants is passed,
它们会迅速的爬到树上的巢了,像电影的特技一样
they can get on and film the nesting chimps from high in the canopy.
马丁的星光摄像机为我们提供的是黑白影像
Martin's starlight camera gives us a grainy black-and-white image,
但能让我们看到黑夜
but allows us to see into the night
已近在最近的距离看野生动物
and watch wildlife at their most intimate moments.
这是第一次看到了
It showed for the very first time
这些类人猿是如何依偎在树梢上
how these great apes snuggle down in the treetops
以及它们是如何在丛林的夜里安全舒适的睡觉
and how it's possible to have a comfortable night's sleep in the jungle.