剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
敬你的未来
Well, here's to your future.
敬你们两位
To you both.
说得好
Hear, hear.
你一定要去看看
You must see it.
梵蒂冈吗?
The Vatican?
对,别错过拉斐尔房♥间
Yes, and don't miss the Raphael Rooms.
大家都崇尚西斯汀礼拜堂
Everyone talks of the Sistine Chapel,
但拉斐尔选用的鲜艳色彩 会让你永生难忘
but Raphael's choice of vibrant colors haunts you,
就像罗素夫人的礼服一样
like one of Mrs. Russell's gowns.
我真想去义大利
I should like to visit Italy.
说到这个
Speaking of which, the choice to do a season
表演义大利歌♥剧貌似很成功
of Italian opera seems to have been a success.
“诺玛”的制♥作♥非常优秀
"Norma" was a stunning production.
乔治当时不在
George was away for it.
没错,你当时是自己去的
That's right, I remember you were there without him.
我绝对不能错过
I couldn't miss it.
很多女人只愿意跟老公 一起出席这种场
Many women will not go out to an event like that without a husband.
我太太确实很与众不同
Well, there aren't many women like my wife.
她确实独一无二
She is one of a kind.
你结过婚吗? 没有
Have you ever been married? No.
我曾经订过婚,但后来取消了
I was engaged once,
不是我取消的
but it was called off, and not by me.
真遗憾
How sad.
那女的太傻了
What a silly girl.
真遗憾
I'm sorry.
没事,那是好几年前的事了
Don't be. It was years ago.
你这样算幸运了
Count yourself lucky.
她要是不珍惜你,那她就配不上你
If she didn't appreciate you, then she didn't deserve you.
这样讲或许不太公平
I'm not sure that's quite fair,
但还是谢谢你的鼓励
but thank you for lifting my spirits.
我是真心的
I meant what I said.
你们的公爵夫人女儿
Tell me about your daughter, the duchess,
在英格兰的城♥堡♥住得如何?
at her castle in England.
我想报上应该有报导她的事
I suppose she's written about it in the columns,
但我从不看报纸
but I never read them.
谢谢关心,她过得很好
Thank you. She's doing well.
我们希望她过得很好
Well, we hope she's doing well.
我们没什么她的消息
We haven't heard much from her.
无论结果如何
It must be interesting for her,
她应该都会觉得很有意思
whatever else it turns out to be.
宝莎对孩子有很高的期许
Bertha has lofty goals for our children.
我们都是
I'd say we both do.
这个家很有野心
This is a house of high ambition.
你太太本来想要歌♥剧院的包厢
Your wife wanted an opera box.
我们现在却有了间新的歌♥剧院
Now we have a new opera house,
而音乐学院则倒了
and the Academy of Music is dust.
那可不是我的意图
That was not my intention.
但结果就是如此
But that was the result.
你说的没错,梅利克先生
I must agree with you, Mr. Merrick.
罗素家的人在得到想要的东西前 是不会善罢甘休的
The Russells do not stop until we get what we want.
我就不打扰你们喝波特酒了
I'll leave you to your port.
我完全比不上你
I'm no match for you.
我很小的时候,哥哥就教过我打撞球
My brother taught me to play when I was quite young.
所以我练习了很久
I have many years of practice.
就是掌管伊利诺中♥央♥线的那位吗?
Is this the brother at the helm of the Illinois Central line?
对,艾德格
Yes, Edgar.
你们见过面吗?
Have you met?
没有,但我调查过
No, but I've done my research.
你们一家都以铁路为荣
Your family takes pride in the railway.
没错
We do.
不过呢
And yet,
你们还是一直卖♥♥股份给瑞斯里赛吉
you keep selling shares to Risley Sage.
我们已经好几年没卖♥♥股份了
We haven't sold a share in years.
艾德格当时确实让赛吉入股了
It's true, Edgar made decisions back then that let in Sage,
但不会再发生那种事了
but that won't happen again.
伊利诺中♥央♥线会经过芝加哥
The Illinois Central goes through Chicago,
这是连接东西岸的好方法
and there's no better way to connect the coasts.
芝加哥是关键
Chicago is the key.
所以瑞斯里赛吉才想掌控芝加哥
That's why Risley Sage wants to control it.
跟他相处,每逃诩是场硬战
With him, it's a daily struggle.
市场的不稳定
The instability in the markets
让你们公♥司♥变得很脆弱
has made your company vulnerable,
但我可以改变这点
but I can change that.
你们如果卖♥♥给我 我就会改造这条铁路
If you sell to me, I'll transform it,
符合未来趋势
make it fit for the future.
赛吉会把那条线的油水全榨光
Sage would bleed the line of every cent
再拆开来卖♥♥给出价最高的买♥♥家
and then sell it off piecemeal to the highest bidders.
你不会这么做吗?
And you won't do the same.
你们要是卖♥♥给我
If you sell to me,
我会确保梅利克家
I'll make sure the Merricks still have a voice
对全国最重要的铁路保有话语权
in the most important railroad in the country.
你说的话让我分心了
Your speech broke my concentration.
如果这代表你在认真考虑我的提议 那我很高兴
I'm happy if it makes you take my offer seriously.
那条铁路会在芝加哥 是因为那里是我奶奶世界的中心
The reason it's in Chicago is that was the center of my grandmother's world.
卖♥♥掉那条铁路就等同于是遗弃她
Selling it would be like getting rid of her.
如果让我掌握多数股权
If you allow me a majority,
你们还是会有很多股份
you'll still have a great many shares.
我会永远尊重这点
And I'll always recognize that.
罗素先生,我不认识你
I don't know you, Mr. Russell.
我认识你太太,我很喜欢她
I know your wife, and I like her.
但你会变这么富有
But you didn't become this rich
绝对不是靠做出窝心的承诺
by making heartwarming promises.
就算是,你也应该没信守诺言
Or if you did, I doubt you kept them.
我的竞争对手一定不会
It's true that none of my competitors
给出这些承诺
would promise what I have.
谢谢你,罗素先生,但我们家很自豪
Thank you, Mr. Russell, but we are a proud family,
而艾德格有办法
and Edgar has a plan in place
让他未来好几年都能继续掌管公♥司♥
that will keep him as head of the company for years to come.
所以你无论开出什么条件
So I don't think there's any offer you could make
我们应该都不会愿意出♥售♥
that would entice us to sell.
晚安了
Now I'll say good night.
真令人失望
Well, I'm disappointed.
你是在哪里认识你先生的?
Where'd you meet your husband?
我在纽约做第一份工作的时候 我当时是女仆
At my first job in New York, I was a housemaid.
他负责管理厨房♥的帐务
He looked after the accounts for the kitchens.
所以他很认真工作吗?
So he was a hard worker.
他很认真工作,也很幽默
A hard worker.Funny.
还很帅气
Rather good-looking.
我当时又很年轻
And I was young.
你当时幸福吗?
Were you happy?
应该是
I think so.
我们想生小
We wanted children,
但有些事注定不会发生
but some things aren't meant to be.
所以他才得了忧郁症吗?
Was that what caused his melancholia?
我之前是这么想的
I used to think so,
但我现在也不太确定
but now I'm not so sure.
你还爱他吗?
You still love him?
这个问题好难回答
That's such a hard question.
我收回
I withdraw it.
不用
No, don't.
嗯
Uh--mm.
我还爱着过去的他
I still love the man he used to be.
至于他爱不爱我...
But whether he loves me...
但我爱你
Well,I love you.
我是认真的
I mean it.
我很感激
And I'm grateful.
我也是认真的
I mean that too.
我想玛丽安小姐 应该会希望我们参加婚礼
I think Miss Marian would want us at the wedding.
你确定吗?
Are you sure?
凡瑞恩夫人明明就反对
When Mrs. Van Rhijn is opposed to it?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表