剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
我有没有跟你说过你今晚多美?
Have I told you how lovely you look tonight?
说过几次而已
Only several times.
我的天啊
Oh, my goodness.
你还好吗,费许夫人?
Are you all right, Mrs. Fish?
我还好,但你妈妈应该会不太好
I am, but I don't think your mother will be pleased.
我为什么会不太好?
What would displease me?
你的公爵是不是在那里 跟德兰西一家聊天?
Isn't that your duke talking with the De Lanceys?
菲利普斯夫人跟我说
I'd heard from Mrs. Phillips
他改去投靠德兰西家了
that he had moved on to the De Lanceys,
我还以为那只是八卦
but I thought it was just gossip.
我听过这姓氏,他们是谁?
I know the name. Who are they?
涉足银行和运输业 那女孩是他们的独生女
Banking and shipping. The girl's their only child.
你还要为葛莱蒂的肖像画揭幕
Are you still hosting a party for Gladys's
举办晚宴吗? 当然
portrait unveiling? Of course.
我们想把萨金特先生的作品
We want to share Mr. Sargent's work
分享给众多好友
with as many of our friends as possible.
包含德兰西小姐在内吗?
Including Miss De Lancey?
你的公爵好像跟她很友好
Your duke looks very friendly.
我在卡萝莱阿斯特位于纽波特的家 见过玛莎德兰西
I met Martha de Lancey at Caroline Astor's in Newport.
我在一场舞会上跟她跳过舞
I danced with her at a ball once.
我对她印象很深刻
I remember her quite well.
千金这么多,只怕时间不够
So many heiresses, so little time.
但我还是很意外
Still, I'm surprised.
我还以为你已经帮他上了烙印
I thought you had practically branded him.
我们不能独占他在纽约的时间
We can't take up all his time in New York.
他还有其他朋友
He has other friends.
真是宽宏大量
How magnanimous.
快进去吧
Shall we go in?
我们毕竟是来听音乐的 是吗?
We are here for the music. Are we?
我觉得歌♥剧院是让我穿戴珠宝
I think of the opera as a place to wear my jewels
并跟我喜欢的人聊天的地方
and talk to people I like.
但你说的没错
But you're right.
我们应该试着享受音乐
I suppose we should try to enjoy the music.
邱屈说你想见我
Church said you wanted to see me?
你才刚从办公室回来吗?
Are you only just back from the office?
你怎么还没睡?
Why aren't you asleep?
我就算想睡也睡不着
I couldn't sleep even if I wanted!
为什么?
Why not?
因为所有事,乔治
Because of everything, George!
我正在着手进行
I am on the cusp of an endeavor
即将改变这个国家的大事
that will change this country.
我很遗憾错过了歌♥剧 但我真的没时间顾
I'm sad I missed the opera, but I have no time
及社交应酬
for social obligations.
重点不在于错过今晚的歌♥剧
This is not about missing tonight.
而是我在自己建立的
This is about being humiliated
歌♥剧院受到羞辱
in the very opera house I built!
除非你能让海克特回心转意
Things are only going to get worse unless you
否则情况只会变得更糟
can bring Hector around.
我向海克特开了 如果拒绝就太愚蠢的条件
I've made Hector an offer he'd be foolish to refuse.
我能保证,他对我们的需要 远远胜过我们对他的需要
I assure you, he needs us a lot more than we need him.
他或许就快要不需要我们了
He may not need us much longer.
他找到玛莎德兰西小姐了
He's found Miss Martha de Lancey,
银行家的独生女
the only child of a banker.
他们在公开场互动密切
They were together tonight for all to see.
我无法想像报纸会怎么报导
I can't imagine what the papers will say.
你无法想像,而我并不在乎
You can't imagine, and I don't care.
乔治,在事业上成功
George, winning in business
跟社交圈里的成功息息相关
and winning in society are linked.
我们要在众目睽睽下丢脸了
We are facing a very public defeat.
如果海克特想要德兰西家的女儿 那就随他去
If Hector wants the De Lancey girl, let him have her.
但法兰克林德兰西 绝对给不起我们能给的
But Franklin de Lancey can't give him what we can.
我当初要是没出手拯救大都会银行
In fact, if I hadn't saved the Metropolitan Bank,
他就得来帮我们扫阶梯了
he'd be sweeping our steps.
原来如此
Interesting.
我要去睡了
I'm going to bed.
不行...
No, no, no, no.
你工作太辛苦了
You're--you're working too hard.
我得把握良机
I must seize the moment.
今晚不用
Not tonight.
我真的很累
I'm very tired.
我们明天见吧
I'll see you tomorrow.
赖瑞,你能帮帮我吗?
Larry, will you help me?
帮什么?
With what?
如果公爵看上别人了
If the duke's moved on to someone else, will--
爸会不会更认真看待比利的提亲?
will Father take Billy's proposal seriously?
但比利还没有正式向他提亲
But Billy never asked for your hand--not properly.
那是因为妈出手介入
Because Mother interfered.
但现在情况不同了 如果公爵已经另有盘算
But things are different now, if the duke's gone his own way.
或许吧
Well, perhaps.
我得把握时间
There's no time to be lost.
爸会支持我的,你也记得他的承诺
Father would support me. You remember his promise.
我当然记得
Of course I remember.
但比利之前明明有机会 却没有向他开口
But Billy didn't speak to him when he had the chance.
你去跟比利说,我没跟海克特订婚
Go tell Billy that I'm not engaged to Hector.
跟他说我们今晚在歌♥剧院所见
Tell him what we saw tonight at the opera.
并说我还爱着他
Explain I still love him,
我们现在可以在一起了
and now-now we can be together.
这并不容易
That's a tall order.
但我会尽力而为
But I'll do my best.
我明天跟杰克开完会就过去
I'll go tomorrow after my meeting with Jack.
但别抱太大希望
But don't get your hopes up too high.
我哪有办法?
How can I help it?
他至少失去了生命迹象五分钟
It was at least five minutes with no sign of life.
他就躺在那里
He just lay there.
他的嘴唇开始发紫,我没办法救回他
His lips started to turn blue, and I couldn't revive him.
库柏先生得了什么病?
What was Mr. Cooper's ailment?
我也不知道
I don't know.
他很痛苦 但我查不出
He was in pain, but I couldn't find anything
他身体有什么问题
physically wrong with him. Hmm.
但他一直抱怨
He did complain a lot, though.
主要是抱怨太太
Mostly about his wife.
他会不会是因为妻管严才会痛?
Was his pain connected to being henpecked?
有可能
Perhaps.
我觉得他真正的病是老头症候群
I think his true ailment was old man syndrome.
这不是医学术语
It's not a medical term.
我觉得我爷爷也有一样的病
Yeah, I do believe my grandfather suffered from the same condition.
后来怎么了?
So what happened?
他看起来霞星死了
He appeared to be dead.
所以我正要去跟他太太说
So I was about to tell his wife the sad news,
转身准备离开房♥间
and I turned to leave the room,
结果他突然大吸一口气 开始咳嗽
and suddenly, he drew a sharp breath, began coughing,
然后就复活了
and came back to life.
他简直就是拉撒路
He was Lazarus. Wow.
他过一阵子之后又开始抱怨了
And within moments, he got back to complaining.
我当时就知道他一定没有大碍
That's when I knew he was going to be just fine.
你什么时候要回纽约? 办完讲座之后吗?
When will you return to New York after your talk?
我会来这里的主要原因
The main reason I'm here is because my doctor
是我的医生叫我来海边休养
ordered me to convalesce by the sea.
我或许得问问他
I suppose I'd have to consult
我什么时候才可以回家
with him about when I can go home.
我跟他很熟
Well, I know him well,
我想他应该会觉得你痊愈了
and I would guess he'll find that you are healed.
你还好吗?
Oh! Oh, are you all right?
我没事
I'm fine.
谢谢
Thank you.
真是太没尊严了
I'm afraid that wasn't very dignified.
那我们算是扯平了 因为你几周前
Well, then we're even, since my illness
救我的时候 生了重病的我也很没尊严
wasn't very dignified when you rescued me all those weeks ago.
我很感激你♥爸♥请我去看诊
I'm grateful your father sent for me,
否则我们就不会认识了
or else we might never have met.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表