剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
What?
她逃去比利卡尔顿家,吓坏我们
She ran off to Billy Carlton's
我不得不逃,我没别的办法了
and frightened us to death.
因为你不在家,没办法保护我
I had to. There was no other way.
保护你对抗妈妈吗?
You weren't here to protect me. From your own mother?
对 少小题大作了
Yes! Stop being theatrical.
我只是想过自己的人生!
I only want to live my own life!
这要求并不过分 够了!
It's not that much to ask-Enough!
我一整晚都在赶车 整个早上又都在跟人开会
I have been traveling all night and in meetings all morning.
大家都冷静一点 等气氛平和一点再好好谈谈
Let us calm down and reconvene in a more civil atmosphere.
别担心,葛莱蒂,爸已经回来了
Try not to worry, Gladys...
你看起来很累
You look tired.
希望你出这趟远门很成功
I hope the trip was a success.
我引起了摩根先生的兴趣
I have piqued Mr. Morgan's interest.
很好
Good.
我需要你的协助
And I need your help.
要是报纸得知了她的疯狂举动
If her antics leak to the papers,
这一切都会泡汤
she'll ruin everything.
是你把她逼急了
You've put her in this position.
我是想让她变成 世上所有女人都羡慕的标竿
A position that will make her the envy of every woman living.
并让她过着悲惨的人生
And make her life a misery.
这就是你的愿望吗?
等他们生了孩子
Is that what you want?
那些孩子就会是
When there are children, they will be among
全世界地位数一数二高的人
the highest-ranking people on Earth.
你真的希望这件美事 被比利卡尔顿毁掉吗?
Do you really want that wrecked by Billy Carlton?
我答应过会让她跟心爱的人结婚
I said she could marry for love.
乔治,我是在帮她的未来铺路
George, I'm building her future,
一个黄金人生
a golden life.
这应该比那草率的承诺重要吧?
Isn't that worth more than a hasty promise?
他们有回应你吗?
They got back to you, then?
有
They did.
是坏消息吗?
And was it bad news?
是,但对我来说不是
It was...but not for me.
你如果不想说的话...
Well, if you don't want to say...
不好意思,邱屈先生 我并不是故意讲得不清不楚
Oh, forgive me, Mr. Church. I don't mean to be elliptical.
我太太死了
My wife is dead.
真是遗憾
I'm very sorry to hear it.
我们已经分居好几年了,非常多年
Well, we were separated for years, many years.
你跟布鲁斯太太说了吗?
Have you told Mrs. Bruce?
我还在等适当的时机
I'm just waiting for the right moment.
你好,威尔森,我是来拿东西的
Hello, Wilson.I've just come to pick up some things.
你回来了 我只是回来拿些衣服
Oh, you've come home. Only to get some clothes.
我有写信到俱乐部给你 我知道
I wrote to you at the club. I know.
那你为什么不回信?
Then why didn't you answer?
我们这周五
We are hosting
要主办基♥督♥教女青年会的募款活动
the Young Women's Christian Association benefit this Friday.
我已经帮你缺席找藉口好几周了
I've been making excuses for your absence for weeks.
我已经累了
It's getting rather tiresome.
我相信你,但我说了,我想离婚
Oh, I'm sure it's tiresome. But I've told you what I want.
但你如果不回我的信...
But if you won't answer my letters...
说实话,奥罗拉
The truth is, Aurora,
你是不可能说服我改变心意的
you will not convince me to change my mind.
我们的婚姻已经结束了
Our marriage is over.
你应该知道消息传出去之后
You do understand that I will be finished
我就完蛋了吧?
when the news gets out?
我应该派罗布森来拿衣服的
I should have sent Robson for the clothes.
我下次一定会那么做
I will next time.
你宁愿派仆人来
You'd prefer to send your valet
也不想冒见到我的风险吗?
rather than risk being in my presence?
拜托别逼我说我缓筢悔的话
Please don't make me say things I'll regret.
我想离婚,你得接受这点
I want a divorce. I need you to accept that.
难道我就得接受
I'm to accept the end of my world,
我的世界天崩地裂吗?
with the sky crashing to earth in flames.
你一点都不在乎吗?
Don't you care at all?
“让念珠断裂如珍珠雨洒落
"Break the rosary in a pearly rain,
捡起因我们而坠落之物”
and gather what we let fall."
怎么回事?
What is this?
有人想造♥反♥吗?
Do I sense a rebellion in our midst?
是我说要见所有员工的
I've asked to see the staff.
他们还是有可能要叛变
May still be part of a mutiny.
怎么回事,艾达姑姑?
What is it about, Aunt Ada?
你又不是要发表 总统年度演说
You are not giving the president's annual message.
有话快说
Just talk.
大家午安
Good afternoon.
我已经在栈镙节制誓言上签了名
You will all see my signature here on this pledge for temperance...
这是我为了追念已故的弗特牧师
Which is a cause I support
所支持的行动
in memory of the late Reverend Forte.
我们家里有人生病
We have sickness in our house.
现在真的是用这些废话
Is this really the time
打扰他们的好时机吗?
to bother them with this poppycock?
我会持续为史考特小姐祷告 她也支持我办的聚会
Miss Scott remains in my prayers.
你有给她选择的余地吗?
And she supported my meeting. Did you give her any choice?
我想邀请这个家的所有成员
I am asking all members of this household
跟我一起宣誓
to join me in taking the pledge.
我应该不需要多跟你们解释
I'm sure I need not explain
节制的好处
the merits of temperance to you all.
艾达,你这样太过分了
Ada, now you have gone too far.
艾格妮丝,不然你以为 我们的节制聚会是在做什么?
Agnes, what do you think our temperance meeting was about?
葛芙丝夫人跟我们说...
Mrs. Graves told us--
那个女人只要一开口
I stopped listening to that woman
我就不会听她讲的话
the moment she opened her mouth.
你不能强迫我的员工... 是“我们的员工”
You cannot force my staff--
其实是“我的员工”才对
Our staff-my staff, actually.
而且我没有要强迫任何人
And I'm not forcing anyone.
他们可以自己做决定
It is up to them to make their own choice.
这样就没问题
As long as it is.
如我刚刚所说
As I was saying...
誓言的内容是
the pledge hereby reads,
“我们同意不购买♥♥、不贩售”
"We agree that we will not buy, sell,
“不饮用酒类饮品”
"or drink intoxicating liquors.
“并会尽最大的努力”
"And we will use our best endeavors
“劝阻他人贩售与饮用”
to prevent the sale and use of the same by others."
这就交给你了,班尼斯特,谢谢
Take charge of it, Bannister.Thank you.
“公爵大人本次造访纽约时”
"While His Grace, the Duke, is in New York,
“将由乔治罗素夫妇招待”
"he will be entertained by Mr. and Mrs. George Russell.
“但他的身分是否将超越宾客?”
But will he soon be more than a guest?"
你们觉得葛莱蒂小姐 是不是因为这篇报导才逃家的?
Do you think that's what drove Miss Gladys to run away?
这不是我们该评论的事
It's not our place to comment.
她的婚礼会影响到我们所有人
Her wedding would affect us all.
她如果搬去英格兰,谁要跟着她去?
If she moves to England, who will go with her?
她会需要女仆的
She'll need a maid.
婚宴会办在这里吗?
I wonder if they'll hold the reception here.
你觉得呢,邱屈先生?
What do you think, Mr. Church?
女主人一定会安排妥当
The mistress will have a plan prepared.
一向如此
She usually does.
我觉得葛莱蒂小姐很可怜
Well, I feel sorry for Miss Gladys.
真的吗? 她会成为世界级知名人物
Really? She'll be famous around the world.
她的照片也会登上所有报纸
Her picture will appear in every paper.
她的服装和饰品都会被人模仿
Her clothes will be copied and her jewels.
但她没办法嫁给自己选择的对象
But she won't have chosen the man she married.
有很多自己选择结婚对象的人
Plenty of people who have a free choice
后来都后悔莫及
live to regret it.
你在做什么?
What are you doing?
检查细节
I'm going back over the details.
为什么?你明明知道能运作
Why? You know it works.
不好说 我只是很确定能顺利运作
Not quite. I'm sure it will work.
这其中是有差别的
There's a difference.
但赖瑞先生今天写了信给我
But Mr. Larry wrote to me today.
他希望我能参与会议
He wants me at the meetings.
你当然要参与
Of course you must be there.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表