剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Will I see you tonight?
费许夫人有传话给你吗?
Did Mrs. Fish give you the message?
有,我会尽可能出席的
She did, and I'll try to be there.
如果你♥爸♥一回来我就找他谈 不会比较容易吗?
Wouldn't it be simpler if I speak to your father as soon as he's back?
只要你确定就好
As long as you're sure.
那当然
Of course.
我等不及要娶你为妻了
I can't wait for you to be my wife.
不过你确定吗?
But are you sure?
我爱你
I love you.
所以我确定
And that makes me sure.
德克萨斯、新墨西哥、亚利桑那
Texas, New Mexico, Arizona--
他至少好几周不会回来
he's not expected back for weeks.
他去那些地方做什么?
What's he doing out there?
他下定决心要大规模扩展他的铁路网
He's set on a major expansion of his railroads,
一路通往加利福尼亚,甚至是墨西哥
all the way to California, maybe even Mexico.
我无法想像罗素先生身处狂野西部
I can't quite imagine Mr. Russell in the Wild West.
那可不一定
I don't know.
他认真起来的话,枪法挺厉害的
He's a pretty sharp shooter when he wants to be.
他人在沙漠 我们却
He's out in the desert, and here we are
霞星在北极
in what feels like the North Pole.
我们今晚会在歌♥剧院见到面吗?
Will I see you at the opera tonight?
我们现在还不能 一起在公开场被看见
It's too soon for us to be seen together in public.
都好几个月了
It's been months.
确实 因为我跟达许
Yes, because it's only months
解除婚约才几个月而已
since I broke off my engagement to Dashiell.
我已经失败了两次
I've failed at it twice.
你这次会成功的
Hmm, well, this time, you'll succeed.
真羡慕你能如此肯定
I envy your certainty.
真希望你也能如此肯定
I wish you shared it.
我当然想
I want to.
只是我现在还无法承受外人的目光
I just can't handle scrutiny quite yet.
你一定也能理解 毕竟葛莱蒂与公爵
You must understand, with all the rumors
订婚的传言也是满天飞
surrounding Gladys' engagement to the duke?
那是我妈的愿望 并不是葛莱蒂的愿望
It's my mother's wish, but it's not what Gladys wants.
我们只能等着瞧
We'll see.
在那之前,我们会一起面对任何状况
And until we do, we'll face whatever comes together.
但拜托别让我等太久
But please, don't make me wait too long.
真希望我现在能亲你
I wish I could kiss you right now.
克制一点,罗素先生
Restrain yourself, Mr. Russell.
之后就可以了
All in good time.
那样罗素夫人会开心吗?
Will that make Mrs. Russell happy?
不会
No.
但我爸不会介意的
But Father won't mind.
我最好去问清楚葛莱蒂答应了他什么
I'd better go see what Gladys has promised him now.
布鲁克小姐
Miss Brook.
葛莱蒂
Gladys.
哇
Whoa!
他人呢?
Where is this man?
是他迟到还是我们早到?
Is he late, or are we early?
他又为何如此重要?
And why is he so important?
约翰兰讣星我们的中间人
John Ranger's our middleman.
我是在土桑找到他的
They found him in Tucson.
他会负责安排我们与矿主见面
He'll arrange for us to meet the miners.
我希望能尽快搞定这件事
I want this done and done quickly.
我还是觉得风险太大了
I'm still not convinced it's worth the risk.
你不冒这种险也能赚钱
You can make money without much trouble.
你为什么不安安稳稳地过好日子呢?
Why not just allow yourself to do that and live well?
你没有看到大局
You're not seeing the big picture.
快速货运是未来的趋势
Fast freight is the future.
我们有一条纽约到芝加哥的路线
And our route, with one line from New York to Chicago
还有芝加哥到洛杉矶的南线
and the Southern route from Chicago to Los Angeles,
这会是横跨全国最快的方式
will be the fastest way to get across the country.
等路线开始营运 我们就可以多收费用
When it's running, we can charge a huge premium.
再加上政♥府♥补助与补贴
And with the grants and subsidies on offer,
能抵销超过一半的建设成本
we can offset more than half the cost to build it.
或许是这样,但你在走到那一步前
Maybe, but you'll have to risk an enormous amount of cash
得先投入大量的现金 而且有可能根本走不到那一步
before you get to that point, if you ever get to that point.
我宁愿在纽约和纽波特 拥有宫殿般的豪♥宅♥
I'd rather have palaces in New York and Newport
又不被杰伊古尔德盯上
and live without Jay Gould breathing down my neck.
他本来就会盯上我
He'd be breathing down my neck anyway.
铜呢? 别管铜了
What about the copper? Forget the copper.
你也看过冶金学家的报告了
You've read the metallurgists' report.
我们需要用那块地修建铁路
We need the land for the railway.
为什么不绕过矿场呢?
Why not just go around the mines?
那样我们得建 数百英里的铁轨
We'd have to build hundreds of miles of track
穿越山脉
through the mountains.
我们之后或许会开♥发♥矿场
We may do something with the mines at some point.
现在先取得土地就对了
Right now, just get me the land.
地主已经过苦日子很久了
The owners have been scrabbling for a living for as long as they can remember,
要取得土地应该不会太难
so it shouldn't take much.
他们如果想要,能把矿场租给他们
Let them rent back the mines if they want.
但我们得要先取得土地
But make sure we own them first.
罗素先生
Mr. Russell.
兰杰
Ranger.
真高兴你能来
I'm so glad you could join us.
他们传了电报说你会来
They cabled you were coming today.
新墨西哥如何? 很好
How was New Mexico? Good.
请坐
Please.
你说吧
他们愿意出♥售♥吗?
So tell me, will they sell?
而且我们应该先找谁?
And who should we approach first?
情况比较复杂一点
It's more complicated.
大部分的当地矿主
The local mine owners, or most of them,
都想一起跟你们见个面
want to see you together.
我跟他们约了周五下午见面
I set up a meeting for Friday evening.
我不想一次见一堆蠢乡巴佬
I don't want to meet a bunch of stupid clodhoppers all at once.
我想把他们一一击破
I prefer to pick them off one by one.
他们或许是乡巴佬,但他们并不蠢
They may be clodhoppers, but they're not stupid.
他们知道你如果有兴趣
They know their copper mines will be
就代表他们的铜场值钱
the biggest thing in the state if you're involved.
别给他们任何筹码
Well, don't give them any leverage.
重要的是土地
The land matters.
不是矿场
The mines don't.
没有 你明明吓死了
No. You were so scared.
我没有,我才没有
I was not. I was not. It was just--
你们玩得开心吗? 很开心
Did you have a good time? Oh, yes.
虽然现在下雪有点晚了
Though it seems so late for snow
春逃诩快到了
when spring is almost upon us.
但你们散步很开心吗?
But you had a nice walk?
应该说是滑步才对,但我们很开心
More of a slide than a walk, but we did.
我现在精神百倍
I feel quite invigorated.
我就把这当作是称赞了
I shall take that as a compliment,
毕竟是我逼你出门的
seeing as I pushed you into it.
萨金特先生来了
Mr. Sargent is here.
她大概一小时后会摇铃要茶
She'll ring for tea in an hour or so.
我想你应该看看这个
And I think you should have a look at this.
一定是有人在找我
Someone must be looking for me.
他要我确认你是不是在这里工作
He asked me to confirm that you worked here.
应该是坏事
I suppose it's bad news.
怎么说?
Why do you say that?
这种事通常都是坏事
This kind of a thing usually is.
哦
Oh.
你干么又把那些拿下来?
What are you bringing those back down for?
拿去摆在柜子上
Put them on the credenza
弗特夫人的节制聚会要用
for Mrs. Forte's temperance meeting.
我摆了,但我在摆设的时候 凡瑞恩夫人说
I did, but as I was setting it out, Mrs. Van Rhijn said
不要在聚会上用她的银器
she didn't want her silver used for the meeting.
我该怎么办?
What should I do?
银器确实是凡瑞恩夫人的
Well, it's Mrs. Van Rhijn's silver.
但我们的薪水是弗特夫人给的
But Mrs. Forte pays our wages.
我们不能服侍两个主人
We cannot serve two masters.
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表