剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
Good day, Mrs. Carlton.
医师,佩姬还好吗?
Doctor, how's Peggy?
我们得尽快帮她治疗 否则可能会演变成肺炎
We must act fast, or it may turn into pneumonia.
要好好帮她保暖 我已经跟布鲁克小姐多要毯子了
She should be kept warm.
她还得多补充水分
I've asked Miss Brook for more blankets.
我们的厨师可以帮她熬汤
And she needs to keep drinking. Our cook can make some broth.
我几小时后想再看看她的状况
I'd like to check back in a few hours
明天也要再一次
and look in again tomorrow.
我们想带她回家 你可以到我们家去看她
We prefer to take her home, and you can visit her there.
我觉得还是别让她移♥动♥比较好
I don't advise moving her,
外面很寒冷,路途又遥远
not into the cold for a long ride.
她还是待在这里比较好
She'd be better off staying here.
把她带回布鲁克林,我们会比较安...
We'd feel more comfortable to have her back
只要凡瑞恩夫人允许
in Brooklyn, where you could--
我们就让她待在这里
With Mrs. Van Rhijn's permission,
直到你认为她可以离开
she will stay here until you say otherwise.
如果没问题,我晚点会再过来
I'll see you later on, if that's all right.
当然没问题
It's more than all right.
谢谢你所做的一切,威廉
Thank you for everything, William.
我们真的欠你一份人情
We are certainly in your debt.
我们没想到您会这么早回来,先生
We weren't expecting you to return so soon, sir.
我有一些事情需要处理
I have some business that needs my attention.
我要先上楼换衣服
I'm going up to change.
JP摩根待会会来跟我开会
JP Morgan will be here later for a meeting.
好的,先生
Very good, sir.
罗素夫人呢?
Where's Mrs. Russell?
她去处理关于
She had an urgent matter
葛莱蒂小姐的急事
to see to concerning Miss Gladys.
这是什么意思?
What do you mean?
等罗素夫人向您解释吧,先生
Mrs. Russell will explain, sir.
恐慌即将来临
A panic's coming.
只是早晚的问题
It's only a matter of time.
股价持续重挫
Stocks are plummeting.
每逃诩有公♥司♥破产
There's a new firm going under every day.
连格兰特与沃德也垮了
Grant & Ward just collapsed.
大都会并不孤单
The Metropolitan isn't alone.
我不能放任大都会破产
I couldn't let it fail.
赛尼是无辜的
Seney was innocent.
而且如你所言 挤兑很容易引发连锁效应
And as you just said, a run on a bank can be contagious.
我的损失比我愿意承认的还多
I'd have lost more than I care to admit.
如果你对我有所亏欠
Well, if I have you in my debt,
那我就有立场请你帮忙了
then I have grounds to ask a favor.
我去西方的目的不是为了买♥♥铜矿场
My trip out west wasn't about buying copper mines.
我会那样说是因为...
I said that because--
你希望我相信那个说法
Because you wanted me to believe it.
但你想要的其实
What really you're after was the land
是矿场的土地
that went with the mines.
我有个愿景
I have a vision...
一条会改变这个国家
a railroad that will transform this country
甚至是全世界的铁路
and perhaps the world.
这愿景只是一场空
An illusory vision.
我想连接美国的所有大城市
I want to connect all the major cities of America
打造一条从纽约到芝加哥
to create a continuous line from New York to Chicago
再从芝加哥到加州的连贯路线
and then from Chicago to California,
中途不会设十个停靠站
without ten stops along the way.
这是可行的 或许是
It can be done. Perhaps.
但你说得太容易了
But you say it too easily.
这难度大概跟摩西分红海差不多
This will be a feat to rival Moses parting the Red Sea.
你觉得要通过莫伦西 已经很麻烦了吗?
You think you have a problem getting round Morenci?
等你开始着手处理芝加哥 那才是真正的麻烦
Wait till you start trying to rearrange Chicago.
这计划确实很有野心
It's ambitious, yes.
但我们要是没有野心 也不会有今天的地位
But neither of us would be who we are today without ambition.
这条铁路会建成的
This line will be built.
一定会
It must be.
问题只在于会是由谁建成
The only mystery is who will do it.
你这个计划需要的资金 一定超过你拥有的财产
Your scheme will cost more money than I know you have,
而且时机又糟到不行
and your timing couldn't be worse.
没错
It's true.
我无法独力做到
I can't do this alone.
风险非常巨大
The risks are enormous.
但我们要是成功了
But if we succeed,
利润也非常巨大
the rewards will be enormous, too.
好,我会尽我所能帮忙
All right. I'll do what I can.
但你要是失败了,就得靠自己
But if you fail, you're on your own.
她刚刚是想靠提起她爸
Was she trying to win us over
和学院的事讨好我们吗?
with talk of her father and the Institute?
我不知道
I don't know.
她或许是希望你对她能有好印象
Maybe she wants you to think well of her.
他们从什么时候开始在乎我们了?
Since when have they cared about any of us,
他们只在乎我们能不能
except when it comes to our ability
满足他们的所有需求
to cater to their every need?
我们不认识凡瑞恩夫人
We don't know Mrs. Van Rhijn. Mm.
除了我们的女儿之外
And apart from our daughter,
受邀进她家的有色人种 应该就只有我们了
we are likely the only colored people she has had in her home.
即便如此,佩姬要是住在我们家
Even so, Peggy wouldn't have gotten this sick
受我们照顾 她就根本不会病得这么重
if she was under our roof and we were looking after her.
是她自己选择要来这里的
But this is where she has chosen to be.
凡瑞恩夫人对她又很好
And Mrs. Van Rhijn is kind to her.
如果我们的女儿不住在我们家
I feel safer knowing our daughter
她住在那个家也会让我很安心
is living in that house if she's not with us.
嗯
Mm.
我们不能把社会问题怪罪于她
But we can't blame her for the ills of society.
至少她还邀请我们走前门进她家
And at least she invited us through her front door.
你本来还不想走前门
Which you didn't want to go in.
但我们还是走了
But we did.
但... 可以就到此为止吗?
Now-Can we leave it at that?
今天就到此为止吧?
Ju--just for today?
社会的看法
Mother, society's opinion
不是我人生中最重要的事
is not the most important thing in my life.
早安 爸,你回来了
Good morning. Father, you're home.
你让我别无选择,你都不听我说的话
Well, you left me no choice. You don't listen to me.
乔治
George.
你什么时候回来的? 今天早上
When did you get back? This morning.
抱歉,我应该先发电报的
I'm sorry. I should have sent a telegram.
在外面的是摩根先生吗? 没错
Was that Mr. Morgan outside? It was.
我们有些事要谈,不过已经商量好了
We had some business, but it's taken care of.
我也回到家了 太好了
And now I'm home. I'm glad.
你看过这个了吗?
Have you seen this?
我无法控制新闻报导
I can't control what they write.
我能保证,我最不想看到的 就是我们的人生
I assure you, the last thing I want is for our lives
变成八卦栏目的话题
to be gossip-column fodder.
而且海克特有权保有隐私
Besides, Hector has a right to a modicum of privacy.
我也有权不被卖♥♥给
And I have a right not to be sold at auction
出价最高者 怎么回事?
to the highest bidder. What is this about?
她太歇斯底里了
She's being hysterical.
你的诡计已经被发现了才会这么说
You say that because you've been caught out.
别以为报纸刊登了报导
Don't think just because it's-it's in print,
事情就已成定局
it's a fait accompli.
他是你的公爵 你自己招待他吧
He's your duke, and you can entertain him on your own.
葛莱蒂有权... 我身为她妈也有权...
Gladys has a right. And I as her mother, I have--
你们竟然要这样欢迎我回来?
Isn't this a lovely welcome home?
爸,我祈祷你能早点回来拯救我
Father, I prayed you'd come back early and rescue me.
我为什么需要拯救你? 因为妈的诡计
Rescue you from what? Mother's plotting.
你看
Look...
报纸上报导我们订婚了
the paper says we're engaged.
但我根本就不算认识他
But I don't even know him, not really.
他们这消息是哪来的?
How did they get the story?
大家都会八卦,他们就报导了
People gossip, and they print it.
我们该担心的
The story we should be worried about
是你女儿凌晨逃家的消息
is your daughter's midnight escape.
什么?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表