剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表
镀金年代
感觉好像已经坐在车上好几天了
It feels as if we've been in this carriage for days.
我们快到了吗?
Are we nearly there?
什么意思?我们已经到了
What do you mean? We are there.
这里就是锡德茅斯堡?
This is Sidmouth Castle?
这里是城♥堡♥的院子
This is the park of the castle.
我们半小时前就已经进到庄园里了
We've been crossing the estate for the past half hour.
这些人是谁?
Who are these people?
是我的佃农和农场堡人
They're my tenants and farm workers,
来迎接新的公爵夫人回家
welcoming home their new duchess.
也就是你
That's you.
加油,威柏!你可以的!
Come on, Wilbur, now.Come on.
你知道该怎么做,威柏!
You know what to do, Wilbur.
你知道该怎么做
You know what to do.
哦
Oh!
加油,威柏!
Go, Wilbur!
拿出你的实力!
Show 'em what you've got.
三垒那位是你的朋友啊?
Oh, that's your friend on third base?
严格来说 他是我的会计师
Technically, he's my accountant
但他也是我朋友
and also a friend.
棒球比我想像中还要激烈
Baseball is more intense than I thought.
你♥爸♥的药房♥
All these years,
是这支球队的赞助商
your father's store has sponsored this team,
你却从来没看过比赛
but you've never come to a game?
我如果是男生 他应该就会带我来了
I suppose if I'd been a boy, he would have brought me,
但我不是
but I'm not.
没错
No.
你是淑女
You are quite the lady.
快点
Come on.
来吧,快点
Go! Go!
快...快...快...
Go, go, go! Go, go, go!
安全上垒
Safe!
很好
Oh! Yes!
哇哦
Whoo!
太刺♥激♥了
What a thrill.
我的天啊
My goodness.
我真不知道我怎么会错过 这么好玩的事
I really just don't know how I missed this.
史考特小姐
Miss Scott!
福顿先生,真是意外
Mr. Fortune, what a surprise.
这位是威廉科克兰医师
This is Dr. William Kirkland.
这位是T汤玛斯福顿先生
Mr. T. Thomas Fortune.
真是幸会
I'm glad to meet you.
我有订阅“环球报”
I'm a subscriber to "The Globe."
感谢阅读
Thank you for reading.
能支持是我的荣幸
Happy to support.
你现在是棒球迷了吗?
Are you a baseball enthusiast now?
那倒不是
Hardly.
是我把她骗来陪我的
I was able to cajole her into accompanying me.
我还是很乐在其中
Well, I enjoyed it all the same.
幸好有在这里遇到你
Well, I'm glad I ran into you.
我看了你小说的节录
I read the piece from your novel.
太生动了
It was so vivid.
你一如往常让我印象深刻
I was truly impressed, as I always am with you.
谢谢
Thank you.
我很感动
That means a lot.
你已经放弃当记者了吗?
Have you given up journalism?
我目前想先专心写小说
I'm focused on my novel right now.
你对法兰西丝艾伦华特金斯哈泼 熟悉吗?
Are you familiar with Frances Ellen Watkins Harper?
当然
Of course.
我很欣赏她的作品
I admire her writing
以及她在争取女性投票权上的贡献
and--and her work to get women the vote.
那你想不想访问她
Well, how would you like to interview Mrs. Harper
探讨她办的妇女选举权集♥会♥?
about these suffrage meetings she's holding?
哦
Oh...
谢谢你找我,但我... 只有你能把这则报导做好
Thank you for thinking of me for this, but I--No one else will do the story justice.
爸,我累了
Daddy, I'm tired. Oh!
好,我们等一下就回家
OK. All right. We can leave in a moment.
我们就别耽误你时间了
We don't want to keep you.
没关系
No, it's fine.
哈泼太太住在费城 我可以把详细资料寄给你
Um, Mrs. Harper is based in Philadelphia.
你还住在61街吗?
I can send you all the details.
还是住在布鲁克林?
Are you still at 61st Street or back in Brooklyn?
我大部分时间是住在61街
61st Street mostly.
好,我得走了
All right. I must be off.
幸会
Nice to meet you.
我们走
Come on.
我还以为只是带你来看棒球赛
I thought I was just bringing you to a baseball game,
而不是帮助你接新的报导工作
not helping you get your next writing assignment.
这听起来是很棒的机会 没错...
It sounds like a wonderful opportunity.It is. It is.
你好像不这么认为
You don't seem convinced.
我跟福顿先生之间有点复杂
It's complicated with Mr. Fortune.
他是很难应付的主管吗?
Was he a difficult manager?
不是的,只是...
No, it's not that.
我还有其他写作工作要做
I just--I have my other writing work to consider,
我得找到平衡点
and I just have to find a balance is all.
这就是人生的终极难题
That's life's ultimate conundrum, isn't it?
没错
Mm, you're right.
伊利诺中♥央♥线的事怎么样了?
How are we doing with the Illinois Central line?
我们目前取得了三成,或许再多一点
We've got 30%, maybe a little more.
三成?我要控制整条铁路
30%? I need to control the line.
梅利克家族不肯卖♥♥,瑞斯里赛吉也是
The Merrick family won't sell,nor will Risley Sage.
他们都想掌控芝加哥 我也是
They both want to govern Chicago.As do I.
莫伦西呢?
What about Morenci?
你得明白,他们就只剩那些矿场了
You must understand, they only have those mines.
要是没了矿场,他们就一无所有
Once they're gone, they will have nothing left.
而且无论我们怎么说 他们都不相信我们
And they don't believe us, whatever we say.
我是花钱请你买♥♥下那块土地的
I hired you to buy that land!
你是请我来提供明智建议的
You've hired me to give you wise counsel.
你或许觉得刺耳
You may not like what I'm telling you,
但你想买♥♥下他们的矿场
but if you want to buy them out,
就需要更多钱
you need more money!
你不在乎,对吧?
You don't care, do you?
我要是拜托之前的克雷帮我拿下矿场
If I'd asked the old Clay to get me those mines,
他就算得践踏亲妈的坟墓也在所不惜
he'd have trodden on his mother's grave to do it.
我只是觉得
All I'm saying is,
你的财务状况并不好
your financial position is not good.
不然你以为摩根为什么会撤资?
Why do you think Morgan pulled out?
你讲完了吗?
Are you finished?
是
Yes.
我同意
I agree.
我们之间已经完了
You are finished with me.
你说什么?
Excuse me?
我不需要请人告诉我什么是不可行的
I don't need counsel to tell me what's not possible.
而是要请人帮我达成不可行之事
I need someone to help me achieve the impossible.
你显然帮不上忙
It's become very clear you are not that person.
你没有继续为我做事
You have neither the vision nor the courage
所需的远见及勇气
to continue working for me.
你无法面对事实并不是我的错
It isn't my fault you can't face the truth.
你已经举债过度
You're overleveraged
快把公♥司♥搞垮了
and driving your company off a cliff.
趁现在还来得及,快醒醒吧
Wake up before it's too late.
你被开除了,克雷
You're fired, Clay.
波罗先生和卓顿夫人的八卦
The news of Mr. Borrowe and Mrs. Drayton
让报纸没刊登蜜月的报导
has kept the honeymoon out of the papers,
但他们还是会刊登公爵夫人的八卦 而且不只是报导她
but they still print gossip of Her Grace, and not just her.
还提到了我和罗素先生的事业
They talk of me and of Mr. Russell's business.
不能再这样下去了
It must stop.
你一定很不开心
It must be upsetting, ma'am.
我已经不是这个家的女主人了
I'm not the mistress of my own house anymore.
我总觉得每个角落都有间谍
I feel there's a spy around every corner.
你确定是员工爆料的吗?
剧集 | 镀金时代(2022) | 导航列表