剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表
the video chat as an in-house tool,
没预见到会有几万几十万的人
I didn't foresee that hundreds of thousands of people
能被这程序惊掉下巴
would shit themselves over how fucking awesome it was.
我再也不会低估自己的天赋了
I'll never underestimate my talents again.
别担心 我会继续低估你的
Don't worry. I'll continue to do it for you.
少说话 多干活 小子们
Less talk, more work, boys.
我付你们钱可不是为了让你们
I'm not paying you to coffee klatsch
像长舌妇一样开茶话会的
like a bunch of fucking yentas.
你根本没给我们钱
You're not paying us at all.
我没给钱是因为
I'm not paying you because you're not the one
掏钱买♥♥着昂贵的亚马逊云服务
getting fucked face-first by your credit card company
被信♥用♥卡♥公♥司♥追债的不是你们
because of massive AWS hosting fees.
你拥有公♥司♥百分百的股权
Well, you should bear 100 percent of the company's cost,
公♥司♥的所有费用当然是你付
seeing as you do own 100 percent of the company.
你怎么老是拖着不把股份分给我们
What's taking you so long to give us our fucking shares?
让一个企业重生十分复杂
Recapping a company is complex.
但我向你们保证 我和大头在努力解决
But I assure you, Big Head and I are on the case.
最好快点 我们不会永远当免费劳动力
You better be. We're not gonna work for free forever.
我和卡拉奇小子做完了
Hey, the Karachi Kid and I finished.
你推送了代码吗
Did you push your code?
说实话 没有
Actually, no.
女王大人 烦请您把代码推送出去好吗
Well, Your Highness, could you please push your code?
我没法推送代码
Well, I couldn't push that code,
是因为我没有写代码
because I didn't write that code.
什么 我们熬了两天夜
What? We stayed up for two fucking days.
你怎么不写代码
Why didn't you write your code?
因为我做了更好的东西
Well, because I was working on something much better.
我优化了我们的代码
So, I started to optimize our code
让流量承载能力...
to handle higher tr...
你们要跟我来才对
You're supposed to follow me.
我在优化我们的代码
I, uh, I started to optimize our code
让程序能承载更高的流量
to handle higher traffic.
然后我灵光一现
Then it occurred to me,
我明明能做一个
why rewrite our old code
不用损失大量信道和元数据的编码器
when I can build a new encoder
那为什么要重写我们的旧代码呢
that doesn't strip away a ton of channels and metadata.
所以 我把我的压缩算法拓展了一下
So, I extended my compression algorithm
使其支持 听好了 12位色
to support-- get this-- 12-bit color.
好了 这样用户体验到的画质
Okay, so our users will be able to experience
就能提升百分之十
a 10 percent increase in image quality
而服务器负载丝毫不会提高
with absolutely no increase in server load whatsoever.
你们来看看
Just-Just-Just-- Just watch this.
改造前
Before.
改造后
After.
改造前
Before.
改造后
After.
理查德 我在努力控制自己
Richard, I'm trying very hard
现在不要彻底抓狂
not to completely lose my shit right now.
我明白 我明白
I get it. I get it.
在城里每家风投都拒绝我们后
After every VC in town turned us down,
我们说好了在达到一百万用户前
we decided that the best way to stay alive
维持经营的最好方式就是减少服务器负载
until we got to a million users was to cut server usage.
记得吗
Remember that?
我和吉尔弗约尔他妈地连熬了
The whole reason that Gilfoyle and I
48小时的原因是想
stayed up for 48 fucking straight hours
减少服务器负载
was to decrease server load,
不是为了维持原样
not keep it the same.
严格来说 我们熬了两晚的原因
Technically, the reason why we stayed up for two days
是为了尽快达到一百万用户
was to maximize our ability to get a million users,
而我这方法可以
and I just did that.
谁不希望画质能增加百分之十呢
Because who doesn't want 10 percent better image quality?
谁不想要 没人想要
Who doesn't want it? Everyone.
没人想要
Everyone doesn't want it!
我们的通讯视频已经是最好的了
We already have the best video chat.
这个软件是在手♥机♥上用的
People are using this on their cellphones.
那点区别谁他妈能看出来
They're not gonna be able to tell the fucking difference.
伙计们 这个产品更好
Guys, this is a better product,
而我是首席执行官
and I'm the CEO,
我决定这就是公♥司♥的方向
and I'm gonna say this is where we go.
你♥他♥妈♥混♥蛋♥
You fucking prick.
伙计们 别爆粗口
Guys... please be civil.
你痛恨这个视频聊天应用
You hate the video chat.
我不讨厌这个视频聊天应用 迪尼希
I don't hate the video chat, Dinesh.
你一直都讨厌这个应用
You've always hated the video chat,
因为这是我做的
because it's my thing,
而你想要重写一遍 把它变成你自己的
and you wanna rewrite it to make it all about you.
你♥他♥妈♥就是嫉妒
You're fucking jealous.
嫉妒 嫉妒
Jealous? Jealous?
视频聊天是你写的
You built the video chat,
这点我承认 行吧
I'll give you that. Okay.
你是写了 但用的是我的算法
You did, but you did it using my algorithm.
是 就像毕加索画了幅巨作时
Right, like when Picasso painted a masterpiece,
功劳全归做出画笔
the guy who made the brushes and the paint
和颜料的人 对吧
deserved all the credit, right?
你现在是毕加索了
So you're Picasso now?
我想我得回避一下
I think I need to... leave,
但我爱你们
but I love you guys.
迪尼希 抱歉
Dinesh, I'm sorry,
我认为我们该用这个革命性的压缩算法
but I think we should be doing a little bit more
来做更多的事 而不仅是
with this revolutionary compression algorithm
凑合的去的视频聊天
than passable video chat.
但我们已经做了更多了 理查德
But we already did more, Richard.
这个更多就是"平台"
It was called "The platform."
正是你想要做的
And it was exactly what you wanted to make,
但失败了 好吗
and it fucking failed, okay?
很遗憾 但因为你我们拿不到
I'm sorry, but it's bad enough
任何赞助已经够糟糕的了
that we can't get any funding because of you.
我们外面的名声都被你搞坏了
You're killing us out there.
别在内部再来搞破坏了
Don't also sabotage us in here, too.
魔笛手是家视频聊天公♥司♥
Pied Piper is a video chat company.
快点转过弯来
Get your head around that.
我很确定我从未这么说过
I'm quite certain I've never said this before.
我赞同迪尼希
I agree with Dinesh.
好吧
Well.
刚真的好开心啊
Well, that was just a whole heap of fun.
通常来说 我讨厌去中国
Ordinarily, I loathe coming to China,
但当你谈下这样一笔生意时
but when you close a deal like that,
整趟旅程就变成了一件乐事
it makes the whole trip a delight.
要香槟吗 先生们
Champagne, gentlemen?
正好该喝香槟庆祝
I think that's very much in order.
我知道你不能自吹自擂
I know you don't toot your own horn,
所以我就帮你代劳了
so I'll do it for you.
敬你 杰克
Here to you, Jack,
祝贺你的互利/尾帧盒子
and to your Hooli/Endframe box
成为在中国生产的最成功的
becoming the most successful American data storage appliance
美国数据储存设备
to ever be manufactured in China.
干了
Toot-toot.
当心了 杰夫·贝索斯 互利来了
Watch your back, Jeff Bezos, here comes Hooli.
先生们 我们今天从上海飞往
All right, gentlemen... our flight today
山景城莫菲特机场的旅程将历时
from Shanghai to Moffett Field in Mountain View
十一个小时多一点 所以如果你们
will be just over 11 hours, so if you'll just--
其实 我早打算去杰克逊霍尔
Oh, actually, I was headed up to Jackson Hole,
看我的妻子和孩子
see the wife and kids.
我原本是明天包机去的
I-- I was gonna charter up tomorrow,
但或许你可以让飞行员
but maybe you could ask the boys
在路上放下我
just to drop me off on the way?
省下不必要的麻烦
Save me the trouble?
当然可以
Of course.
这其实也没什么
Well, and I mean, it's really not a big deal,
但既然我们是往东飞 我想杰克逊更远
but since we are headed east, I think Jackson is further.
或许我们先去莫菲特
剧集 | 硅谷 | 导航列表