剧集 | 104号房间 | 导航列表
直到有一天
Until, finally...
我得出可怕的结论
you come to the terrifying conclusion
虽然那根本没有任何实际意义
that even though it makes no earthly sense...
认为棒球教练兼音乐老师马尔维西尔老师
that Mr. Mulvahill, the baseball coach and music teacher,
拥有瞬间移♥动♥的能力
harbors the powers of teleportation,
我知道我看到了什么
You know what you saw!
我相信我看到的
And you believe it--
无论别人说什么
No matter what anyone else says.
我知道你在想什么
Now, I know what you're thinking.
为什么等了40年才来质问你这件事呢
Why wait 40 years to confront you about it?
这是个非常好的问题
Well, that's a very good question.
相信我 40年来我每一天
Believe me, I have been thinking about this every day,
都在想这件事 每天想好几次
multiple times a day, for the past 40 years.
你到底是谁 你到底是什么
Who and what you might be,
你为什么这么对我
and why you did what you did to me.
最后
Now, ultimately,
我想好了就算不明究竟 我也能生活下去
I decided that I can live without knowing why.
但是 我不能忍♥受的是
But mm-mm. What I can't stand
就是那一丁点微不足道的求知欲
is the .001 percent chance that it didn't happen.
如果我疯了呢
What if I'm crazy?
如果我眨眼了
What if I... blinked
或是昏过去了
or had a blackout,
如果根本就没有什么瞬移呢
and there was no teleportation whatsoever?
那时我就知道自己得和你对质
That's when I knew I needed to confront you,
我得和你谈谈 试图得到真♥相♥
I needed to speak to you, try and get the truth.
我们试过那条路了
And, well, we went through that,
结局也和我想得一样 徒劳
and it worked out just as I thought: fruitless.
然后我想 不如我监禁他
So then I thought, well, why not capture him
威胁他直到他说出真♥相♥
and threaten his life until he tells me the truth?
但你我都知道
Well, look, you and I both know that
如果有人威胁要杀了我
if my life were threatened
除非是让我承认一些可笑的事
unless I admitted to something ridiculous,
比如我有三十九个睾丸
like, say, I don't know, I had 39 testicles,
不然我肯定会承认
I would do it. Of course.
我会说谎 你呢
I would lie. Wouldn't you?
当然你也会
Of course you would.
所以我之前一直没找你对质
And that's why I've never confronted you before.
我想不到一个完美的方法
I could never figure out a strategy...
让你说出真♥相♥
to come up with the truth.
然后有一天 我吃着爆米花
Then, one day, when I was eating Corn Pops
听着《美国生活》的播客
and listening to This American Life,
突然之间来了灵感
it hit me like a bolt of lightning.
这就是办法
Of course!
如果我说 六十秒后我就会用
If I tell him that he's only got 60 seconds
这根棒球棍打穿他的脑袋
before I put this baseball bat through his skull,
这时间应该足够 对吧
well, that should give him enough time, right?
如果他能瞬间移♥动♥ 他会的
If he can teleport, he will.
因为如果他不动 他就死了
Because if not... he's dead.
-倒计时五十秒 -请等等
- Fifty seconds. - Please wait.
求你了 求你了
Please! Please--
别这么做
D-Don't do this.
你让我做什么我都愿意
I'll do anything you want.
我们已经试过这条路了 马尔维西尔老师
We're past that, Mr. Mulvahill.
问问你的良心
Look into your heart.
你知道这么做是错的
You know this is not the right thing to do.
但我非做不可
But I need to do it.
可你仍然心存疑虑
But you know you have doubts.
就一点点 不值一提
Just the tiniest of doubts.
你刚才说的都是不可能的事
But what you are claiming is impossible.
人是不可能自己瞬移的
Man cannot teleport himself!
上帝也不存在 人们却深信不疑
Religion is impossible, but man believes it...
我知道你是个理智的人
But I know you are a man of reason!
你并不了解我 三十秒
Ah, you don't really know me. Thirty seconds.
三十秒后你就是杀人凶手
In 30 seconds you'll commit murder.
我不这么觉得
I don't believe that's true.
但你无法确定
But you're not sure.
如果你不确定
And if you're not sure,
-那么 -我要知道真♥相♥
- then - I need to find out!
如果你的人生已然陷入黑暗
If your life is dark now,
杀了无辜之人后就更加没有希望了
there'll be no hope for you after you've killed an innocent man.
我不相信你是无辜的
I don't believe you're innocent!
可你永远不会知道
But you'll never know!
因为那时我已经死了
Because I'll be dead!
求你别这么做
Please don't do this.
别这样对我
Don't do this to me!
-别自毁前程 -还剩十秒
- To yourself! - Ten seconds.
天哪 救命
Oh, dear God, help me!
-来人 救命 -只管叫 不会有人听见
- Please! Please help me! - Help! No one can hear you.
六
Six seconds.
天哪 求求你
Oh, God! Oh, God, please!
不要
No, no! No!
-三 -不要
- Three... - Oh, God! No, no!
-二 -不要
- two... - No!
剧集 | 104号房间 | 导航列表