that we weren't transparent about it right from the beginning.
我决定了
I've decided.
你说得对
You're right.
我觉得这是个好主意
I think it's a good idea
让华盛顿一家搬进鸦巢看家
about asking Washington and his family to house-sit at Crow Nest.
真的吗
Really?
嗯
Mm.
我们能定下日期吗
And can we fix a date?
去巴黎
To go to Paris?
继续按计划 去那里
Just to...just to get on with it, just to be there?
我们几天后就可以出发 就等你一句话
We can be off in days, you just have to say the word.
等我们回来
And when we're back,
我就正式给伊丽莎白写信分房♥产
I'll write to Elizabeth about dividing the estate...properly.
真的吗
Will you?
我们订莫里斯酒店的套间
I'll order us a set of rooms at Meurice's -
那是目前最好的酒店
it's by far the best.
你的公♥寓♥呢 圣维克托路的那间
What about your apartment? In Rue Saint-Victor?
我们不能住在那
We can't stay there.
太小了 但我会带你去看 很可笑
It's tiny. I'll take you to see it. It's ridiculous.
我很喜欢那里 但是
I'm very fond of it, but...
我们在莫里斯酒店会很惬意的
Oh, we'll be comfortable at Meurice's.
我爱你
I love you.
普里斯特利夫人说 你在福特罗斯的时候
Mrs Priestley said that, when you were in Fortrose....
安斯沃思先生来过
..Mr Ainsworth turned up.
我拒绝见他
Oh. I refused to see him.
索瑟兰上尉把他打发走了
And then Captain Sutherland got rid of him,
我之后才发现
which, I realised afterwards,
他那样做只是想让我嫁给亚历山大
he only did because he wanted me to marry Alexander.
你怎么没告诉我
Why didn't you tell me?
我觉得你听了会生气
I thought it would make you angry...
比我当时还生气
..Even angrier than it made me, and...
你生气我就心碎 所以我没说
..It breaks my heart when you're angry, so I didn't.
你好漂亮
Oh, you are pretty.
在某种光线下
In a certain light?
在某种光线下
In a certain light.
亲爱的玛丽 过去无法被撤销
My dear Mary, since the past cannot be recalled,
我们还是尽力让未来更好吧
let us both make the best of the future.
我孤独的日子即将结束
My days of solitude are drawing to a close.
我的父亲姑妈和姐姐都对我的选择十分满意
My father and aunt and sister are well satisfied by my choice,
希布登的所有不愉快都解决了
and all Shibden disagreeables are smoothed away.
我今年夏天应该不会再见你了
I doubt I will see you this summer.
我要带我的小朋友去巴黎
I am taking my "Little friend" to Paris.
等我们回来 她会搬进希布登跟我同住
When we return, she will move into Shibden with me.
利斯特小姐肯定也会像我那样说
Miss Lister will say exactly the same as me, I'm certain.
-怎么了 -詹姆斯到了 托马斯刚走
- What's the matter? - James arrived, just after Thomas left.
他说他不习惯穿二手制♥服♥
He says he isn't accustomed to wearing second-hand livery.
我不♥穿♥别人丢掉的
I am not wearing cast-offs.
罗威先生下午晚些时候
Mr Lowe will be here to measure you
来给你量尺寸改衣服
and adjust everything later this afternoon.
天啊 衣服是干净的
Good God, man, it's clean.
这是惯例 哪怕在最讲究的家族也是这样
It's perfectly customary, even in the finest houses.
小气鬼
Cheapskate.
收拾东西
You'd better gather your belongings.
我付你一天的工钱 因为你没为我工作的一天
I'll pay you for the one day you haven't worked for me
然后你自己回约克吧
and then you can make your own way back to York.
我就知道我选错了
I knew I'd made a bad decision.
20分钟后你还在我家土地上的话
If you're still on the premises in 20 minutes,
我就因为非法侵入毙了你
I shall shoot you for trespassing.
约瑟夫
Joseph.
这些天你对马车了解多少
What do you know these days about carriages?
我学到了一点 小姐 从托马斯那儿学的
Well, I picked up a bit, ma'am, from Thomas.
-他总是给我演示 -太好了
- He was always showing me. - Excellent!
你跟我和沃克小姐去巴黎
You're coming to Paris with me and Miss Walker.
忙去吧
Carry on.
安妮 安妮
Anne? Anne...
安妮 安妮
Anne? Anne. Anne.
你和沃克小姐带约瑟夫去巴黎的话
If you and Miss Walker take Joseph to Paris,
谁当爸爸的男仆
who will act as valet to Father?
我不能帮他穿衣服
I can't help dress him -
可能会看到我不想看的
I might see something I don't want to see.
我在约克认识了一个男孩
There was this boy I saw in York.
他对马车一无所知 说话咕哝
Knew nothing about carriages, mumbled,
但在其他方面表现得体面和诚实 马修
but otherwise presentable and honest. Matthew...
阿维森
..Avison.
我给威廉姆森太太写信 让她派他过来
I'll write to Mrs Williamson, get her to send him over.
你试用他几星期
You can put him on trial for a few weeks, hmm?
你不会真要朝他开枪吧
You're not really going to shoot him, are you?
如果有必要的话
Only if I have to.
对了 科丁利
Erm... Yes. Cordingley.
就是 我可能对她和托马斯
Just to say, I think I might've got the wrong end
有误解
of the stick about her and Thomas.
你在哥本哈根的时候 他妈妈去世了
His mother died when you were in Copenhagen
你回来他才知道
and he didn't know about it until you got back.
我看到的时候 他就是在跟科丁利太太说
And, when I saw them, he'd just been telling Mrs Cordingley
他有多伤心
how heart-broken he was
他母亲没能见到他结婚
that she'd never get to see him be married.
她是在
And, well, she was just...
安慰他
..Comforting him.
你们好
Hello.
他为什么不告诉我他母亲去世了
Why didn't he tell me? About his mother?
他们都有点怕你 是不是
They're all a bit scared of you, aren't they?
为什么
Why?
我不知道
I-I don't know.
失陪
Excuse me.
-伊丽莎白 -是 小姐
- Elizabeth. - Yes, ma'am?
就...
Just...
那天晚上的葡萄干布丁
..That was a very good plum pudding
做得很好
we had at dinner the other night.
谢谢 小姐
Thank you, ma'am.
最亲爱的弗雷迪 我真诚地为你的幸福祈祷
Dearest Fred, I earnestly pray for your happiness.
如果我打扰过你的幸福
If I have in any way interfered with it,
那我自己也不会幸福
I have no less trampled on my own,
因为我只爱过你一个
for I have never loved any but you.
单是你的形象
Your image alone awakens feelings
就唤醒了我原本无用的感情
for which I otherwise have no use,
因为我的弦
for there is a string within me that has never vibrated
只为你的触碰而动
to any other touch but yours.
现在
And at this moment, I feel
我不关心世界的未来
as little caring for the future of the world
好像24小时我就会消失
as if 24 hours would close my existence.
亲爱的玛丽 我越回忆过去
The more, my dear Mary, I reflect upon the past,
越觉得你的自相矛盾好惊人
the more I am appalled at the inconsistency of your conduct -
你现在这样伤心 对我俩都极为不幸
that you should grieve so deeply now is a heavy misfortune to us both.
不管你经历了什么
Whatever you may have gone through,
我觉得它不会超过
I cannot easily believe it exceeds the misery,
我遭受的痛苦和无情凄凉
the ruthless desolation, that fell upon myself.
对我来说 那比眩目的闪电更突然
To me, it was more sudden than the lightning's glare.
玛丽 出于同情和公义 请记住
In pity and in common justice, Mary, remember this.
最亲爱的弗雷迪
Dearest Fred,
事已成定局 玛丽愿赌服输
the die is cast and Mary must abide by the throw.
至少你会幸福 这将教会她
You at least will be happy and this will teach her to be so
做一个对自己没有任何希望的人
who has nothing to hope for herself.
永远属于你的
Yours entirely and forever...
玛丽安娜
..Mariana.