I can meet you at the top of the Old Bank in, what, ten minutes.
早 华盛顿
Morning, Washington.
你肯定高兴
You'll like this.
斯塔普斯要出♥售♥了
Staups is up for sale.
房♥子 外屋 斯顿普十字旅店
The house, the outbuildings, the Stump Cross Inn
还有斯皮格斯煤矿
and Spiggs colliery,
都在你家附近
and all on your doorstep.
让别人得手就太蠢了
Be daft to let someone else get it.
谁负责交易
Who's dealing with it?
-卡尔 -他要价多少
- Carr. - How much is he asking for it?
三千五
3,500.
-这价可以 -我跟帕克先生谈谈
- He'll get it. - I'll speak to Mr. Parker.
我拿到了沃克小姐要求的
Oh, and I've got Mr. Mitchell's evaluation of
米切尔先生给鸦巢庄园做的评估
the Crow Nest estate that Miss Walker requested.
我可以给她寄到约克去
I can mail that to her in York, or...
不用 我带过去 还有别的事吗
No. I'll take it. Is that everything?
早 曼先生
Morning, Mr. Mann.
-霍尔特在吗 -他在办公室暖和着呢 小姐
- Is Holt here? - He's keeping warm in the office, ma'am.
小姐 我先说清楚
And just to be clear, ma'am,
我一直以为
I've been labouring under the impression
他会另找人给我们挖巷道
that he were getting the drift dug for us separately.
什么意思 就是单独的
What do you mean? He is.
我们只是来挖竖井的
I mean, we've only been employed to sink the shaft.
从来没提过挖巷道的事
Never been any mention of a drift being dug.
现在深度27米 已经冒水两次了
We're at 30 yards now, and we've hit water twice.
我以为这事他都搞定了 但是
And I had assumed he had it in hand, but...
看来没有
..apparently not.
你知道他好喝两口吧
You know he drinks, don't you?
-早 利斯特小姐 -霍尔特先生
- Morning, Miss Lister. - Mr. Holt,
曼先生告诉我 我们还没修巷道
Mr. Mann's just telling me we haven't built a drift
把水引走
to take the water away.
不 小姐 还没有 但是我们在弄了
No, ma'am, not yet, but we have it in hand.
我们好几周之前就讨论过
We discussed this weeks ago.
矿井开工的同时就应该开始挖巷道了
It should've been started t'same time as t'pit was started.
小姐 我告诉你矿井七月份开始产煤
When I told you this pit'd be delivering coal come July, ma'am,
这个大前提是
that was on the understanding
霍尔特先生先把巷道修好
that Mr Holt had the drift under way.
如果你想控制水流
If you're wanting to control the water
利用它对付劳森先生的话
and use it against Mr Rawson,
唯一的办法就是
a proper organised plan
在地下有个合理的规划
under the ground is the only way you'll manage it.
挖巷道要多久
How long will it take to dig this drift?
从煤矿下面挖 通到现有的池塘
Down under t'colliery, come out at th'existing pond...
270米 要三个月
That's 300 yards. It's three months.
一时疏忽 小姐 我现在只能道歉
It was an oversight, ma'am. All I can do is apologise.
我确实记得之前的对话
I do remember the conversation, now it's been said.
我可以挖 一米四先令
I could dig that for you at, oh, four shillings a yard.
但是同时挖巷道就会耽误挖竖井
But there'll be a delay sinking this while we're doing it.
你能出个方案吗 隧♥道♥的路线
Can you provide a plan? The line of the tunnel,
深度 需要多少石头支撑
depth, quantity of stone we'll need to support it.
-可以 -小姐
- Yeah. - Ma'am.
可以 我能做
Yeah. I can do that for you.
我不想再额外树敌了
I don't want to make any more enemies
尤其是在这个行业
than I have to, not in this business,
但是我犯不起这样的错误
but I can't afford mistakes like this.
你明知道控制水流
You know that getting control of the water
以及解决劳森在井下的越界
and taking care of Rawson's trespass down there
对我来说和产煤同等重要
is just as important to me as getting any coal.
自己看着办
Sort yourself out.
科丁利的事
So, Cordingley...
跟上
Keep up.
她说她受够了工人把尘土踩得满屋子都是
She says she's sick of the workmen trailing dust through the house.
又不会一直这样
Well, it won't be for ever.
她担心你会认为水准下滑
She's worried you'll think standards are slipping
认为她没有管理好家里
and she's not on top of things.
"本来只要两周就好
"It was only supposed to be two weeks.
现在变成了两个月"
"It's turned into two months."
是啊 因为慢工出细活
Yes, well, good craftsmanship takes time.
一项工程又引出另一项工程
And one job uncovers another.
我不能让沃克小姐搬进来之后后悔了
And I...can't have Miss Walker move in and regret it,
因为这里四处透风而且不够方便舒适
because it's draughty and inconvenient.
还有一件事 她让人看见了
And then the other thing - she was seen,
科丁利 她和托马斯·比奇挽着胳膊
Cordingley, arm in arm with Thomas Beech.
你的马夫托马斯·比奇
Your groom Thomas Beech.
被谁看见了
By whom?
-在哪 -被我看见了 在谷仓里
- Where? - Me! In the barn.
挽着胳膊
Arm in arm?
没错
Yes!
就像是...
As in...?
-学给我看看 -就像...
- Show me. - Like...
就像两个人在谈恋爱
Like in a sort of romantic...?
没错 就像...
Yes! Like...
他们不知道我在那儿
They didn't know I was there.
我本来是去找小汉娜·布思的
I'd been to speak to little Hannah Booth.
他们就坐在那里 聊天
And they were just sitting there, talking,
盯着对方的嘴唇 就好像...
gazing at each other's lips like...
订了婚的情侣
..engaged lovers.
但他几个星期后要结婚
But he's getting married in a few weeks
-所以他才辞职的 -可不是嘛
- that's why he's leaving us. - I know.
-她的年纪都足够当他妈了 -可不是嘛
- She's old enough to be his mother. - I know!
我会跟她谈谈的
I'll speak to her.
华盛顿先生觉得三千五这个价钱还算公道
Mr Washington thinks £3,500 would be a fair price.
你可以现在就出价 在它被拍卖♥♥之前
You could put in an offer now, before it goes to auction.
然后在拍卖♥♥会花更多钱吗
And pay more for it?
斯托克斯先生可能也想要 原因和你一样
Mr Stocks might fancy it, for the same reason you do -
斯塔普斯的另一边和他的土地接壤
Staups abuts directly onto his land on the other side.
我确实想要 但是我不打算花高价买♥♥
I do want it, but I won't pay over the odds for it.
咱们还是在拍卖♥♥会上碰碰运气吧
Let's take the risk at auction.
它和我想要跟你谈的事情有关
It ties in with what I wanted to talk to you about.
斯卡特德太太通知我们
Mrs Scatcherd has given notice
北门宅子他们就租到八月底
to quit Northgate House at the end of August.
她的租约明年才到期
Her lease isn't up till next year.
但是...
But...
我在想这对我们来说可能反而是件好事
I'm wondering if it mightn't be a blessing in disguise.
怎么说
How?
你可以卖♥♥掉它
Well, you could sell it.
卖♥♥掉北门宅子
Sell Northgate House?
约瑟夫叔叔才死了不到17年
It's not 17 years since Uncle Joseph died.
这绝对不行
It's unthinkable.
我可以说实话吗
Can I be frank?
你的借款已经达到了...
Your, er, borrowing has become, well...
过度这个词可能有点重了
..excessive might be too strong a word.
你新近产生的对于借款的热情有点...
And your new-found enthusiasm for...borrowing is...
通常做生意敢于冒险是值得钦佩的
Well, risk-taking in business is often something to be admired,
而且我们都知道你有这个胆量
and we all know you've got the stomach for it.
但是
But...
如果你卖♥♥掉北门宅子
..if you sold Northgate House,
就可以还清债务
you could pay off your debts
还有资本可以运作
and have capital to play with.
北门宅子在镇上
Northgate's in the town.
它能卖♥♥到八千
It'd fetch...8,000...
这样你就可以很容易地买♥♥下斯塔普斯
which would allow you to buy Staups really quite easily.
我们都看见她大踏步地走出去 那时候她...
We all saw her staggering out. When she was...
尤金妮 我放在车顶上的箱子整理好了吗
Eugenie, is my imperial packed?
-我刚刚正要... -托马斯
- I was just... - Thomas, I want you
我想让你去一趟老柯克 告诉皮科克太太
to go down to the Old Cock and tell Mrs Peacock
我希望车夫和马三点前能过来
I want the postboy and horses here no later than three o'clock.
你不去帮你哥哥干活吗
Weren't you supposed to be helping your brother?
-我正打算 我... -瑞秋
- I was. I... - Rachel.
我姑姑等着你护理她的腿
My aunt's ready for you to do her leg.
她刚刚上楼去了 伊丽莎白...