but have faith.
我不会让你失望的
I will not disappoint you.
你知道这世界上
You know there's no-one in the world
我最愿意被你引导
I would rather be guided by than you.
快回来吧 没有你我好无聊
Come back quickly, for I get dull without you,
我想你
and I want you in...
全身心渴望你
..A thousand ways.
完全属于你的
Yours entirely,
安·沃克
Ann Walker.
先生 我想向您订购一枚银火漆印♥章♥
Dear sir, I would like to order from you a silver wax seal,
我下次去约克的时候 也就是20日 去店里自取
which I will pick up from you when I am next in York, on the 20th.
印♥章♥是一道装饰性横幅
I would like an ornamental banner design for the seal itself
字是"信心就是一切"
and the motto should read "Foi est tout".
"信心就是一切"
Faith is all.
生日快乐
Happy birthday.
你太周到了 太聪明了
You're so thoughtful. You're so clever.
你太好了 这礼物真有你的风格 真适合我
You're so...kind. It's so you. It's so me.
关于鸦巢我有个想法
I had an idea - about Crow Nest.
只是个建议 临时之举
It's just a suggestion, an interim measure.
如果你住进希布登的时候
What if, when you move into Shibden,
华盛顿先生一家搬进鸦巢
Mr Washington and his family move into Crow Nest,
住进佣人宿舍 类似于当管家
into the servants' quarters, as sort of housekeepers?
让鸦巢始终有人气
Just to keep the place aired, lived in.
那样的话 会促进事情朝有利于我们的方向走
That way, it just nudges things in the right direction for us...
有利于我们两个
..For us both...
还不会引起太多骚动
..Without causing too much of a stir.
能让我考虑一下吗
Can I think about it?
当然了
Yes, of course.
本周 民众十分激动
The public mind has been much excited
因为一些似乎确有其事的传言称
during the present week by the confidently asserted rumours
内阁即将做出调整 甚至重新组阁
of a coming change in, if not of, the Cabinet.
可以肯定的是
It is certain that a great difference exists
部长之间在某些重要议题上存在很大分歧
among the ministers on certain leading subjects,
但最突出的是爱尔兰教会问题
but the Irish Church question is the most prominent one that...
看到马车了 小姐
Carriage has been spotted, ma'am.
快来
Ooh. Come on.
-什么 -她们到了
- Oh, what? - They're here.
-我们到了 -一路顺利吗
- Ah. Here we are. - How was your journey?
很开心
Oh, delightful.
在利兹耽误了一会儿 但是
Bit of a delay in Leeds, but...
-谢谢你们邀请我 -欢迎你
- Thank you for inviting me. - You're very welcome.
-利斯特上尉你好吗 -还不赖
- Captain Lister, how are you? - Not so bad.
-还是老样子 -你好吗
- Much the same. - How are you?
我很好 非常好 谢谢
Oh, I'm well. I'm very well, thank you.
姑姑呢
Where's Aunt?
她在楼上 马上就下来
She's upstairs. She'll be on her way down.
谢谢你的糖浆
Oh, and thank you for the syrup.
你不咳嗽了吗
Oh, did you get rid of your cough?
应该是
I think so.
咳嗽不太容易好 对吧
They always linger longer than you'd like, don't they?
-贝尔科姆医生强调... -乔
- Dr Belcombe has encouraged... - Oh, Joe, love.
良好饮食的重要性
..The importance of a good diet.
-身体健康精神才会健康 -说得对
- Healthy body, healthy mind. - Hear, hear.
你在约克还忙什么了
What else have you been doing in York?
读书 多多呼吸新鲜空气 让自己有事做
Reading, lots of fresh air, keeping busy...
安妮总说起的那些
Everything Anne's always talked about, really.
体力活动 脑力活动
Physical activity, mental activity...
你看起来很健康
You do look very well.
你一定要去看看你姑姑
You must pop over and see your aunt.
我知道她很担心你
I know she's been anxious about you.
我打算去 我会的 第一件事就是去看她
I intend to. I will, first thing.
是谁告诉我的 那天来的是谁 杰里米
Who was telling me? Who was it called in, Jeremy?
桑德兰先生或者马斯格雷福先生 或者戴医生
It was either Mr Sunderland or Mr Musgrave, or Dr Day.
不可能是肯尼医生
It wouldn't be Dr Kenny.
我们好久没见过肯尼医生
We don't see Dr Kenny any more, not since...
哥本哈根以后就没再见过
..Copenhagen.
告诉你什么
Telling you what?
沃克女士 她很担心沃克小姐
About Miss Walker, about being anxious about Miss Walker.
他们不知道你在哪
I don't think they knew where you were.
他们知道你在约克 但是除此之外
I mean, they knew you were in York, but beyond that...
我拿下斯塔普斯了 投标半个多小时前
I got Staups! The bidding ended just over half an hour ago
在白狮结束
down at the White Lion.
斯托克斯先生知难而退了
Mr Stocks dropped out when it got too hot for him.
我拿下了
I got it!
恐怕北门得到的最高出价
I'm afraid the highest bid for Northgate
也低于你的底价
fell rather short of your reserve price -
低三千多镑 最高出价是6350镑
just over £3,000 less, in fact, at 6,350.
除非你愿意以这个价卖♥♥掉它
So, unless you want to let it go at that price...
-不 -不
- No. - No.
那你想怎么做 找新佃户吗
So, what'll you do? Look for a new tenant?
或者把它改成旅馆
Or I might turn it into a hotel.
什么
Sorry?
镇子照这样的速度扩张下去
With the town expanding the way it is,
对旅馆的需求只会增加
surely the demand for such things will only become greater.
没错
Well, yes, but surely
但改建肯定会产生重大支出和更多的借贷
that would involve some significant outlay and more borrowing.
你知道现在每一天的
Did you know that every minute of every hour
每一分每一秒
of every day, around the clock,
就在我们说话的时候
whilst we've been talking just now,
克里斯托弗·罗森依然在偷我的煤吗
Christopher Rawson is still - still stealing my coal?
是 但那跟旅馆有什么关系
Well, all right, but what's that got to do...?
他看到我花钱 他迟早要三思
If he sees me spending money, he's hopefully, sooner or later,
而不会像现在这样嘲笑我
going to think a lot harder about mocking me like this
而无需面对后果
without facing any consequences.
我很庆幸诺斯盖特没卖♥♥掉
I'm glad it didn't sell.
不然显得我们很弱
It would've looked weak.
忘恩负义
The ingratitude!
简直难以想象
That is what's so staggering.
你父亲临终前我向他保证
I promised your father, on his deathbed,
我会照看你 为你尽我所能
that I would look after you and do what I could for you,
天啊 那可不轻松
and, my goodness me, it hasn't been easy.
如果一个人不守规矩
People can cease to care about people
那其他人可能会不再关心他
if people can't behave in a manner that's appropriate.
而且会有一天
And there comes a point, there comes a time,
人被逼得说我受够了
when people have to say enough is enough!
我担心你那么久
The hours I have spent worrying about you.
结果你现在这样
And now this?!
那天那个
I have had that...
谁知道她是什么人
..Whatever she is...
女人
..Woman...
来到这里 来我家 就这个房♥间
..In here, in my house, in this room,
对我一通说教
telling me what's what.
你理不清 或者不愿承认的是
And what you can't see, or won't see,
你跟她扯上关系
is what a laughing stock you make of yourself
甚至被人看见跟她在一起
by having anything to do with her,
把自己变成了一个笑柄
by even being seen with her!
我们是受人尊敬的女地主
We are respectable, landed ladies.
哪怕是对安妮·利斯特稍有耳闻的人
Do you think anyone who knows the first thing
都不会相信吧
about Anne Lister believes that?
她怎么样
How was she?
你不许再告诉我姑姑任何关于我的事
Don't you ever tell my aunt anything about me...
再也不许
..Ever again!
别在佣人面前
Please don't speak to me
那样跟我说话
like that in front of a servant ever again.
对不起
I'm sorry.
我最不想拿你撒气
You're the last person in the world I want to take things out on.
我是想让她了解动态
I wanted to keep her well informed.
不能让人说我偷偷摸摸地做事
I shan't be accused of doing anything by stealth.
我们一起住在这里
When we're here, together, properly,
我不想让任何人有理由说
I don't want anyone to be able to say
我们一开始就不透明