they'll start to see that she can make choices.
我会问问她的
I'll put it to her.
我之前确实想过 在约克
And I did wonder if it might be beneficial for her
参加些社交活动可能会对她有益
to have some society, here, in York.
帮她建立自信 让她多开口说话
Build up her confidence, her conversation.
诺克利夫夫人邀请我们周三晚
Mrs. Norcliffe's invited us to Langton,
去劳顿庄园吃晚餐并留宿
to dinner on Wednesday evening and to stay the night.
-我同意了 -太好了
- I've said yes. - Oh, perfect.
我明天要带她去里沃兹修道院
And I'm taking her to Rievaulx Abbey tomorrow
这样她能在那里画画 然后再去劳顿庄园
so she can sketch, and then on to Langton.
伊莎贝拉会去吗
Will Isabella be there?
天啊 当然不会
Good Lord, no!
我不会告诉她提布的事 现在还不行
No, I wouldn't inflict Tib on her - not yet.
我想我们可能得逐步解决老提布的问题
I think we might have to work up to dear old Tib.
她这个月在小农场
She's at Croft this month.
我想只有诺克利夫少校和夫人以及夏洛蒂
It's just Mrs. Norcliffe, Major Norcliffe and Charlotte, I believe.
我得走了 我要面试新马夫
I've got to go - I'm interviewing new grooms.
姓名
Name?
-克莱顿 -詹姆斯
- Clayton. - James.
-年龄 -谁在意那个
- Age? - Who wants to know?
24 已婚
24. Married.
有六个孩子 四个还活着
Six children, four living.
英国国教教♥徒♥
Church of England.
-小姐 -在霍布宅邸的赫普沃思先生那里
- Madam? - Apprentice to Mr. Hepworth, of Hob House.
当了四年学徒
Served there four years.
四年的欢乐时光
Four very happy years.
然后我搬到了贝宁伯勒
Then I moved on to Beningbrough.
那姑娘不错
Nice girl.
姓名
Name?
马修·阿维森
Matthew Avison.
什么
What?
-姓名 -塞缪尔·菲尔丁
- Name? - Samuel Fielding.
年龄
Age?
19!
25 小姐
25, ma'am.
27.
我需要那种诚实有礼
I need someone who is polite, honest,
不酗酒 品行端正
sober, well conducted,
值得信赖 积极向上 乐于助人的人
trustworthy, active, obliging.
一位完全清楚自己的仆人工作
Someone who thoroughly understands his business as footman
保持车厢清洁
and will maintain a clean carriage,
并能在希布登庄园期间做家务的人
and will do housework whilst at Shibden.
建议在拱门下多加些阴影
Might I suggest a little more shading under the arches?
不是这样 注意观察曲线下的阴影变化
Ah, no - observe how it follows the curve.
昨晚热吻了三次
Three very good kisses last night.
她说我们之前从未吻得这么美妙
She said we had never done it so well before.
无论多毫无保留 无论床笫间有多柔情蜜意
And however unreserved and however amoroso at night in bed...
白天她什么都不会吐露
...nothing escapes her lips during the day.
事实上
In fact...
白天 她很端庄
...during the day, she is so modest,
尤其非常和善
so very nicely particular...
以至于我
...so much so that I am...
真的对她非常满意
...really satisfied with her...
并希望我们能相处融洽
...and hope that we shall get on well together.
诺克利夫 把狗赶出去
Norcliffe, get the dog out.
它什么都没干 妈
Oh, he's not doing anything, Ma.
是的 汪汪 举起手来
Yes. Ruff-ruff! Hands up!
费舍尔 把狗赶出去
Fisher, get the dog out.
沃克小姐会怎么想
What will Miss Walker think?
沃克小姐不会介意的 她喜欢尼罗
Miss Walker doesn't mind. She likes Nero.
她跟尼罗在楼梯上已经就餐桌礼仪
She's already had a whole in-depth conversation with him
深度交流过了
on the stairs about all manner of shiny things.
我常发现我跟人们宠物相处得
Oh, I often find I get on better with people's pets
比和人相处得更好
than I do with the people.
说得好 沃克小姐 说得好
Well said, Miss Walker. Well said.
希望你饿了 沃克小姐
Oh, I do hope you're hungry, Miss Walker.
当我们有客人时 布里斯科太太
Mrs. Briscoe makes slightly more than is necessary
会稍微多做一点
when we have company.
她一定以为提布会来这里
She must've thought Tib was going to be here.
我大姐就像一群驴一样能吃
My big...bigger sister eats like a herd of donkeys.
沃克小姐 你见过她吗
Miss Walker, have you met her?
伊莎贝拉吗 没有
Oh, Isabella? No.
你真幸运 她特别凶
Oh, well, lucky you. She's an ogre.
我很爱她
I love her dearly,
-但她欠我一个好友十六几尼 -谢谢
- but she owes a great friend of mine 16 guineas... - Thank you.
不愿给他
...and won't pay him.
没错
Exactly.
太过分了
Not on!
如果不打算付钱就别打赌 对吗 妈
Don't make a wager if you're not prepared to cough up. Eh, Mama?
我正跟沃克小姐谈你的小马 诺克利夫
I was talking to Miss Walker about your pony, Norcliffe.
你想卖♥♥掉那匹灰色的
You're looking to sell the grey.
她正好想买♥♥一匹
She's looking to buy one.
尼罗吗 不行 它性子太烈 只适合仆人骑
Oh, Nero? Oh, no. Too rough. Only good for a servant.
我以为这条狗叫尼罗
I thought the dog was Nero.
它们都叫尼罗 容易记
Oh, they're all Nero - easier to remember.
如果你打算卖♥♥掉小公马
Perhaps we could take a squint at him,
我们或许可以看看
if you're looking to sell him.
是母马 当然可以 明天一早就去看
Her. Certainly. First thing in the morning.
只有一个词能形容它 就是精神饱满
Spirited that's the only word for her.
精神饱满又倔强
Spirited and stubborn.
这是两个词
Two words.
如果你确实喜欢它
And I'll let you have her for a song,
我可以便宜点卖♥♥给你 沃克小姐
if you do like her, Miss Walker,
因为尽管它很倔 我还是很喜欢它
because, stubborn as she is, I am fond of her
我很高兴看到它去个好人家
and I'd be only too happy to see her go to a kind home.
你不喜欢她吗
Do you not like her?
我不讨厌她 我都不了解她
I don't dislike her. I don't know her.
她病了
She's been ill.
因为她的病
Because she's been ill,
她丧失了自信
her...self-confidence is depleted.
这就是她找小史看病的原因吗
Is that why she's seeing Steph?
她...
Is she...
有点疯吗
...maddish?
她有事情要面对
She's...had things to deal with.
我们有时也一样
As we all do from time to time.
悲伤 失落...
Sadness, loss...
她并不总能很好地应对这些
She hasn't always had what it takes to cope with it very well.
是的 这让她倍感空虚
And yes, it's left her...empty,
以至于她的家人和家族
to the point where her family, her wider family,
不知道该拿她怎么办
haven't always known what to do with her.
她其实不是你喜欢的类型 对吗
She isn't really your sort, is she?
她爱我
She loves me.
她爱上我了
She's in love with me.
而我...
And I...
你没爱上她
You're not in love with her.
我不是没...
It's not that I'm not...
40岁时跟14岁时的感受哪能一样呢
We none of us feel the same way at 40 as we did at 14, hmm?
对吗
Do we?
我喜欢她
I am fond of her.
我足够喜欢她
Fond enough.
-真的吗 -我在哥本哈根时特别想她
- Really? - Oh, I missed her when I was in Copenhagen.
我也没料到 但是...
I didn't expect to, but...
我以为我会很快忘了她 但我没有
I thought I'd get over her soon enough, but I didn't.
我无时无刻不在想她
There wasn't a day that passed when I didn't think of her.
年轻时的美丽幻想已逝去
The fairy visions of youth are gone.
玛丽安娜经历过
Mariana saw to that.
但和她在一起
But with her...
我至少...
..I can be happy...
可以很开心
..at least.
并且...
And...
我会让我们修成正果的
...I'll make it work.
好吧