剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
他是个富有的人而且...
He is a wealthy man and...
我是说明了生意有多困难
I suppose I did make it plain how the trade suffered.
那给了这些钱 他..他就以为对你有了某些权利
And giving these payments he...he
assumed some entitlement over you?
他跟我说话开始变得非常亲密 不合礼数
He did start to become very familiar in the way he spoke to me. Improper.
并且认为你应该给他回报
And thought that you should bestow him with some favour in return.
他买♥♥来对你的特权 而拒绝会招致他的强♥暴♥
And bought some right to you and denied it, made his assault.
他是很狂妄
He is very arrogant.
还如此狂妄地派他的律师来
And is such arrogance sends his solicitor
想让你再次屈从
so that you will bend to his will again.
咳 那不可能得逞
Well, that shall not happen!
你太单纯了 亲爱的
You have been very naive,my darling.
一个单纯的人应对一个如此不堪的男人.
An innocent in the face of a man such as that.
- 谁 - 是我
- Who is it? - It is I.
这太鲁莽了
This is reckless.
在这种情况下 我不能责备你的请求
In the circumstances,I cannot blame you for wishing it.
我是希望 可我不会这样要求
I wish it but would not request it.
肯定不会不顾Southouse先生严辞的禁令
Certainly not in the face of the ferocity
with which Mr Southouse forbade it.
我不明白 Mary带了你的信来
I do not understand,Mary brought your request.
夫人 我带了些你要的衣服
Mistress, I did bring the clothes you asked for.
好姑娘
Sweet girl.
你不是从你女主人这儿带信给我的吗
You brought a letter from your mistress to me?
我必须走了
I must go now.
我违抗了Arthur爵士
I disobey Sir Arthur.
我真的很抱歉
I am truly sorry.
她不再效劳你
She's not in your service again.
我恐怕她是效劳Farmer
I fear she is in the service of Farmer.
他们抚摸或接吻了吗
Did they touch, kiss?
-没有 先生 - 在法庭你要作证说他们热烈拥抱
- No, sir. - You are to testify in court thatthey did hotly embrace.
如果我不愿意呢
And if I will not?
为了你妹妹 你会愿意的
You will lie for your sister's sake.
如果她还想有将来
If she is to have a future,
我不会去治安官那儿告她偷了我的东西
I will not go to the magistrate and say she stole from me.
她就能从刑台上被拉回来
And she will be saved from hanging.
第一次靠Garrow 这将是第二次
A second time. The first by Garrow.
这次就靠你了 而且Arthur爵士会雇佣她
The second by you.And Sir Arthur will employ her.
他们会让她在对我的审判上作证
They will use her as a witness in my trial.
是对我们的审判
Well, it is our trial.
这是 Hill和我之间的一次交锋
It is an action exclusively between Hill and myself.
- 你误解我了 - 在法律上你是不存在的
- You mistake me. - Legally, you do not exist.
你肯定不会这样想我
You have certainly not imagined me.
可现在你丈夫的想象会被推定为事实
But now your husband's imagining will be presumed as fact.
我们会因此被毁灭
And we shall be ruined for it.
可笑的是我们居然发生了
For a pleasure we have yet to take...
连我们自己都不知道的亲密关系
an intimacy we still do not know.
你觉得我们该如了他们的愿 不再保持清白
And think you therefore we should no longer be
innocent of what they say we are guilty of?
那会是最...
It would be the most...
完美的胜利
exquisite defeat.
我不能接受我们变成他们说的那样
I cannot accept that we become what they say of us.
那我们就真的...
That morally we...
等于在案子上助了他们一臂之力
hand them the case.
因此我们不能得到
And therefore we cannot have...
我们渴望的东西
What we crave.
Southouse先生
Mr Southouse.
这算哪一出啊
What scene lies within?
他们在等着结婚
They're waiting to be married.
结婚
Married?
一有床空出来他们就会结婚
They'll be married as soon as the beds become unoccupied.
然后结婚仪式就能进行了
Then the rites of marriage can be performed.
貌似你在这里主持
And you officiate here, as it were?
我经营一间快乐的屋子
I keep a convivial house.
我是 妈咪
I'm...mother.
Southouse先生 我看你是有别的问题要问
Mr Southouse, I think you have another question you want to ask.
我只是来搜集证词
I merely search for the words to formulate it.
你被欺骗了吗 我骗你了吗
Have you been deceived? Have I deceived you?
骗Jones上尉了吗
Has Captain Jones?
你们之间有健康的关系吗
There is a healthy relationship between you?
你们真的订了婚准备要结婚吗
You are truly engaged to be married?
我本人与Jones上尉的关系是超健康的
The relationship between myself and Captain Jones is extremely healthy.
我们是最亲密的朋友
We're the dearest of friends.
- 朋友 - 至于婚姻
- Friends? - As for marriage...
怎样
Yes?
Robert经常结婚
Robert's often been married.
我不明白
I do not understand.
他是很多男人的丈夫
He's been many a man's husband.
如果你跟我说这个
If you tell me this
那么所有辩词不仅是被质疑
then any defence is not only undermined,
而是彻底被打破
it is broken.
我告诉你的是我会诚实地作供
I tell you that I will honestly testify
我也很享受与他的关系
that I have also enjoyed his company.
肉体的
Carnally.
不像真♥相♥的就是真♥相♥
That is A truth if not THE truth.
不过那不是你想要用来给他辩护的真♥相♥吧
But is that not the kind of truth you
require from me in the way of his defence?
她只是他出入同性恋屋的幌子
She is a mask for Captain Jones and runs a Molly house!
而更糟的是 看上去我都成了个
And to make matters worse,it seemed I was taken for a...
花♥花♥公♥子♥
A macaroni?
啊
Aagh!
我都被这一切弄糊涂了
I am confounded by all of this.
我相信她很享受与他的关系 这点是真的
I believe it true that she has enjoyed him.
辩护词中关于她的部分要剔除掉
Our defence involving her was clear.
他太喜爱一个漂亮姑娘以至堕落为鸡♥奸♥者
That he was too fond of a pretty girl to fall into sodomy.
但明显地不管有没这个漂亮姑娘
But it appears that despite the pretty girl,
他还是会那样做
he still does so.
最主要的是
And mainly.
我们不能为他辩护
We cannot defend him.
没人要我们为他的性取向辩护
We are not required to defend him for his propensity
而是要为他没实施过的罪行辩护
but for a crime he says he did not commit.
你还信这事
And you still believe it so?
你见过Jasker和他妻子在一起
You have seen Jasker and his wife together.
你相信他们说的是真的吗
You believe them to be sincere?
我还真不相信
I do not think I do.
那么也许事情没那么简单
Then perhaps there is a narrative not so simple here.
肯定不是敲诈了
It is certainly not blackmail.
我警告你法律在鸡♥奸♥案上可没什么灰色地带
I would only warn you that the law on buggery is not grey.
而这里比其他地方更偏爱原告
And here, more than in any other,favours the accuser.
我们遇到了难题
We have some difficulty.
由于我们搜到一些关于你的证据
In that we are in possession of some evidence about you
要是你选择坦诚相告
that if you should choose to be truthful,
则意味着我们不能为你辩护
means that we cannot defend you.
同样地 如果你不以诚相待
And similarly if you do not choose to be truthful
我们则无法信任你
then we cannot trust you.
我明白了
I see.
克服这个困难的办法
A way out of this difficulty
是先不讨论这个案子的性质
is that rather than discuss the particularities of this case,
我要给你说一个假设
I will put a hypothetical one to you.
请吧
By all means.
让我们假设一个情况
Let's suppose a situation where
一个有断袖癖的男人
a man is of the sodomitical tendency.
- 我们为什么要那样想 - 我们只是假设
- Why would we do that? - Let us suppose such a thing.
为了庭辩
For the purposes of argument.
好吧
Very well.
我们设想这个男人
Let's suppose that this man...
小富足 发现另一个男人有着同样的嗜好
is of some little wealth, finds another man of the same tendency.
他们相互产生了一种爱慕
They form an attachment,
一种绝对两厢情愿的关系且带有一种情谊
an utterly consensual relationship and with it a friendship.
有钱的那位慷慨地借出
One where money is lent freely.
我想我们已经有点进入情境了
We have, I think, already been somewhat down the road of that scenario.
继续
Continue.
他们定期碰面
They meet regularly,
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表