剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
A healthy boy!
巩固婚姻的灵丹妙药
A cement to conjugal affection.
我是说 进一步巩固
I mean, further cement.
加罗先生 你怎么一言不发
Mr Garrow, you are mute as a mackerel.
不喜欢这孩子吗
You're not taken with this infant?
我不凑上前是怕...
I stand back merely in order not to...
扰到它
distress it.
还是"它"扰了你
Or "it" to distress you.
你的孩子怎会让我退避三舍?
It is your child, Lady Sarah, how could that ever be?
我要真想和她幽会
You think I would engineer an assignation
会让她拖家带口 还有你在场?
involving an attorney, a nursemaid and a baby?
我什么也没说!
I said nothing!
这事我早就心如止水了
I have long since relinquished all such feelings on the matter.
梅尔维大人... 您希望我出面干涉?
Lord Melville... You wish me to intervene?
只让你说服利物浦保险公♥司♥撤诉
I merely ask you to persuade Liverpool Assurance to withdraw.
难道要让废奴主义者扬眉吐气?
Unless you wish abolitionists to gain encouragement from this trial?
绞死一名英国运奴船船长
The commander of a British slave ship hanged?
法荷经济坐收渔翁之利
And the economies of the French and Dutch much improved.
至关重要的是 所有贩奴之人
It is paramount that everybody involved in the slave trade can
须有同等义务 确保运输条件
make assurances that conditions aboard the ships are acceptable.
谁是利物浦保险公♥司♥的律师?
Who acts for Liverpool Assurance in this prosecution?
加罗先生
Mr Garrow.
加罗!
Garrow!
每每都伺机而动 挑战法律权威
In every case, he smells out a cause and a challenge to our laws.
其危害性不亚于任何奸细
He is as malignant as any spy that moves in our society.
您想抱抱他吗 老爷?
You wish to have hold of him, sir?
不不不 只是...
No, no, no, no. Just...
看看他
look upon him.
你觉得他的长相如何
What do you think of his appearance?
非常俊美 老爷
Very handsome, sir.
有其父必有其子
And very much in the way of his father.
你的贴身侍从?
Your valet?
他当时刚好也在公园...
He had occasion to be there in the park...
看到你们...
...and did report...
见面了?
A meeting?
我和那人只是偶遇
I came upon the man.
不是正合你意?
Then was it hoped for?
好让他们父子相认?
Did you wish to reunite Garrow with what is his?
和塞缪尔?
With Samuel?
我一直都忠实于你!
I have been faithful to you!
这我没法相信
I cannot believe it to be so.
这事让我茶饭不思 备受折磨
I have given my thoughts over to this CONSTANTLY.
但我不会责罚你...
But I shall not condemn you for my...
生下这个野种
spurious offspring.
我会待他如同亲生
I will accept the child as my own.
他将继承我的全部家产
He will inherit my entire estate,
我的头衔和财富
my title and my property.
在人前夫唱妇随 至少体面尚存
At least I shall keep my dignity in society, with you alongside me.
你妄断臆测 才会如此安排
So you will arrange our marriage according to your own delusion?
你会默许我"出轨"
You will allow me to have deceived you
即使我对你始终如一?
when I have never been anything but constant to you?
这一切都是为了你的面子?
And all this in the cause of your dignity?
我宽恕了你 你还不知足?
You cannot be glad that I forgive you?
被你如此冤枉 我还该庆幸?
I cannot be glad... that you believe it so.
居然把你的亲生儿子当野种...
And you think to tolerate your son as a bastard.
此案不道德的层面
The unsavoury aspect of this case may
会迫使议会 整顿贩奴保险业
well lead to pressure in Parliament to regulate slave insurance.
何以见得
How so?
立法规定 无论何种情况
By specifying along the lines that no loss will be recoverable against
扔奴隶下海 皆无法索偿
the throwing-over of living slaves on any account whatsoever.
你们这些承保人会生意不保
So underwriters like yourselves will lose business.
亚瑟爵士 我们不会吃哑巴亏
Sir Arthur, we do not intend to sustain or accept any loss
撤案了事的 你们靠风险谋利
in this case by abandoning it. You deal in risk.
无险可保 你们靠什么吃饭?
How will you underwrite the end of your own business?
做这一行 怎能自挖墙角?
You are of this trade. You cannot undermine it.
我们不预测未来 只是照章办事
We do not predict history, we follow policy.
我们因为骗保 而损失了四千镑
And we are 4,000 pounds out of pocket because of a fraudulent claim.
奴隶的死活我们不管
And slaves overboard or not, Sir Arthur,
赔了钱才是最痛心疾首的
I'm afraid that is our most grievous discovery.
告辞
Good day.
亚瑟爵士要我们为大局着想
Naturally, we resisted Sir Arthur's wish for us
我们断然拒绝了
to take a... political view.
你们是何着眼点?
What view do you take?
要回我们的钱
We wish our money back,
所以你得证明他们骗保
and by proving the claim falsely made, you will obtain it.
科林伍德船长要真有过失
If Captain Collingwood was not a true commander of his ship,
加罗定会揭露真♥相♥
Mr Garrow will have it out,
刑事法庭 尽在他"掌舵"之中
for he can steer the Old Bailey to his will.
"刑事法庭 尽在他"掌舵"之中"
"For he can steer the Old Bailey to his will."
正好是海事案件嘛
I thought it was... suitably maritime.
我就不打击你积极性了
I shall not tell you what I thought it.
我俩都是受人之托嘛
They are clients to us both.
黑奴是人是货 他们根本不关心
Cargo, Negro, our fellow creatures, it is mere noise to them.
只会唯利是图 还要我来据理力争
Profit is their trumpet blast and I am to blow it for them.
威尔? 海军部的干涉不正表明
Will? Does not the meddling of the Admiralty suggest
此案不仅仅事关保险吗?
this is about more than mere insurance?
那我就顺水推舟了
I should make it so.
我只要求你
Look, all I ask of you,
有点表示 有点言行举动
all I ask is some gesture to me, some thought or word or deed
证明你也回应我的情感
that means that you reciprocate the feeling I have for you.
我要怎么做...
What can I ever do...
才能证明自己的清白呢
in such a way that will convince you of my constancy?
加罗
Mr Garrow.
我需要了解 他某件控诉案的情况
I am in need of some information about a trial he is prosecuting.
明白了
I see.
我是你丈夫
I am your husband,
你可以证明你确实是我的妻子
you can convince me you are really my wife.
如果你真把我当妻子...
If I am truly your wife...
就该相信塞缪尔是你的骨肉
..then you will believe that Samuel is truly your son.
我也求之不得 莎拉
It is my most fervent wish, Sarah.
这会...
It would...
这会让我的疑虑烟消云散
It would break the spell that I've fallen into.
真没想到
I had not thought that
我们会再次结伴而行
we would come to be in each other's company again.
竟然还是你主动相邀
Or that you might wish it and request it.
你拒绝我的友谊吗
You object to the cause of friendship?
怎么会
I cannot object.
你的盛情好意 我只会心存感恩
It is a favour you bestow on me and I'm truly grateful.
你能欣然前来 我亦感激不尽
And that you find time to indulge me, I am also thankful.
还在对抗见利忘义的控诉人?
You are the scourge of venal prosecutors still?
很快要成他们的代言人了
And soon to be their advocate also.
难以想象
I cannot imagine it.
一桩骗保案...
An insurance fraud...
没在王座法庭审?
Not heard at the King's Bench?
是起刑事案件
It's a criminal trial.
一艘运奴船扔奴隶下海
A slave ship threw its captives overboard.
声称是迫不得已 我要证明是失职
They claim out of necessity. I must prove negligence.
但是有证据?
But there is evidence?
苏特豪斯在搜集
Southouse is assiduous.
足够证明是骗保?
But enough to prove the claim false?
你很感兴趣?
You are curious.
抱歉 不该追问你的
Forgive me, we shall not talk of it.
我现在鲜少社交 说话都不得体了
I've been too long out of society and stilted in conversation.
急着办案 先告辞了
The case presses me, I must go.
祝你一切顺利
I wish you well.
此案有133条枉死的冤魂
133 souls should be in this case.
可诉状和斯塔布斯的日记只字未提"屠♥杀♥"
Massacre is not anywhere in the indictment or in Stubbs' journal,
控方的呈堂证供 会让真♥相♥水落石出
but it may come to find itself in the evidence I shall present.
如何办到? 由你出庭作证
How so? If YOU will appear as a witness.
所以你找我来? 是的
This is why you have sent for me? Yes.
但我当时不在船上
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表