剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
- 你有什么能为你说话的证人吗 - 我可以为她作证
-Do you have any witness to speak on your behalf?
-I will speak for her.
- Sarah女士 - 你回伦敦也没先打个招呼
- Lady Sarah! - You did not send word of your return to London.
现在我有了个儿子 Samuel
I have a son now, Samuel.
希望你幸福
I wish you well in your happiness.
- 你觉得这孩子长得怎么样 - 非常英俊 跟他的父亲如出一辙
- What do you think of his appearance?
- Very handsome, in the way of his father.
我一直忠诚于你
I have been faithful to you!
- 你丈夫为什么要抛弃你? -他认定我爱的是你.
- Why does your husband disown you? - He insists that I love you.
- 他意思要断掉你的经济来源 - 你被起诉了
- He means to cut you off financially. - You are served with a writ
以Arthur Hill爵士的名义
in the name of Sir Arthur Hill.
因与原告妻子违反通奸罪条例
For the act of criminal conversation with the plaintiff's wife.
David
请抬起头看着我
Please look up, please look at me...
在这里发生的是施加于你的犯罪吗
Was a crime committed here, a crime against you?
如果是这样 那我们必须去找治安官.
If so, then we must go to the magistrate.
让它暴露在公众眼下吗
And bring it out in public?
- 不行 - 你不能对这样恶行保持沉默
-I could not. - You cannot be silent about such an injustice!
至少我不能把自己牵扯进去
At least I would not have to share my shame.
就让那个人逍遥法外
And let the man be immune?
让他逃脱惩罚 为什么你要包庇他
And let him escape his punishment? Why would you wish that for him?
我并不想包庇那样一个人
I should not wish that for such a man.
我看到了你的痛苦
I did come upon your distress.
还有他的罪行 我实实在在地看到了他邪恶的嘴脸
And his guilt.I did see the very crime in his face.
是的
Yes.
这不是你的错啊
The fault is not with you.
我们婚姻该不会因此受到影响吧
Our marriage shall not suffer for it.
当然不会
Of course not!
我是你妻子
I am your wife.
你是不幸被害的
And you have been ill used.
通奸无非是个委婉的说法
Criminal conversation is nothing more than a euphemism for...
对与他人♥妻♥子发生性行为
Sexual intercourse with another man's wife.
不错
Quite.
你感到尴尬是因为你认为我俩有过关系吗 Southouse先生
You are embarrassed because you think it so, Mr Southouse?
他只是对这个术语感到脸红 没有其它意思
He flushes merely at the term,not contemplation of the act.
他不能这样想 我没有跟你睡过觉
Which he could not,I have not lain with you.
确实如此
I recollect that to be so.
- Hill请了一个叫Farmer的人 - 他同时起诉我俩
Hill has hired a man called Farmer. He did serve writs upon us both.
他是个讨厌的家伙
He is a poison.
Garrow的财产微不足道
Garrow's value is negligible.
他不是什么有身份的人
He is not a gentleman.
他继承了已故双亲在Pegwell湾的财产
Some property in Pegwell Bay inherited from his late parents...
他的偿付能力不是我关心的
His ability to pay is not the issue.
明白
Quite.
Kenyon法官喜欢说 "如果付不起钱 那就拿人顶吧"
As Judge Kenyon is fond of saying, "If a man cannot
pay with his purse, he must pay with his person".
Hill索偿的数额也许能把你投进债务监狱
The sum Hill seeks may land you in Debtor's prison.
- 那我得赶紧到"老贝利"去多挣点钱 - 难道你还不明白
- Then I must away to the Old Bailey to earn a guinea.
- Have I not got through to you?
他的索赔不会成功 因为他没有事实依据
His claim will not succeed because he will have no claim to fact!
真♥相♥会战胜我丈夫的怨恨
The truth will overcome my husband's malice.
一个出身高贵的绅士发现
A high-born gentleman finds himself
自己因妻子的安逸和社交不检而蒙羞
dishonoured by the loss of his wife's comfort and society,
继而争取相应的赔偿
and seeks damages accordingly.
国王法庭(英国高院)的裁决只需有间接证据就够了
Verdicts at the King's Bench are based on no more than circumstantial evidence.
Hill无需去证明通奸的直接事实
Hill does not have to prove the direct fact of adultery.
仅显示不正当性关系可能已经发生就足够了
A suggestion that illicit sex had probably taken place will suffice,
如果这两人私下密切来往
if the two are closeted together in private...
而你能设法让他们被这样认定
And you can contrive a means to have them so identified together?
我一向为自己在这类事务上的经验而自豪
I take pride in my experience in such matters.
为了不被认定你们是一对 得需承受极大的苦恼
Therefore you must take great pains not to be identified together.
你们必须保持距离
You must keep apart.
我的费用明细 Arthur爵士
A note of my charges, Sir Arthur.
判决后赔偿额的百分之十
10% of any damages awarded...
你们不能小看这件事
You cannot take this lightly!
他们是要让你一无所有
They mean to ruin you.
Mary 你搞什么名堂
Mary! What are you about?
去找夫人 先生
To the mistress, sir.
谁允许你这样做的
Under whose instruction?
Sarah女士示意我做的 她需要衣服
Lady Sarah ordered me, she wants her clothes.
干净的衣服 她在旅馆什么也没带
Fresh clothes sir.She's at the hotel and has no other.
那些不再是她的衣服 你只能服从我 明白吗
They are no longer her clothes.You obey only my orders.Do you understand?
- 是的 十分抱歉 我不知道 - 放回去
- Yes, sir, I am most sorry.I did not know. - Put them away.
Mary是你妻子的贴身女仆
Mary was your wife's personal maid?
- 而且很忠于她 - 看的出
- And still loyal to her? - Apparently.
这些对我儿子会有什么影响
What of my son in all this? What of Samuel?
你会和他重聚的
You shall be reunited with him.
车夫 皇家旅馆
The Royal Hotel, driver.
好的,先生.
Yes, sir.
我希望知道所有情况
I wish to know everything.
特别是她有什么访客
Particularly if she does have visitors.
不光是她离开时 还有她待在房♥间时都做什么
But also when she leaves, when she stays, what she does in her room.
她内衣上的污渍 她喝些什么
The stains upon her undergarments,the contents of her pot.
派女仆告诉我
Send the chambermaid to me.
当你到了那里
When you came there,
你看到了什么人和什么事?
describe what persons you found there, what things?
我们冲进茅屋上到楼上一间被熏黑而且热极了的房♥间
We pushed our way into the hovel and went to an
upstairs room much blackened by smoke and most hot.
我们看到Thomas Harris把一个做硬币的模具扔出窗外
We did see Thomas Harris throw a mould used for coining from the window.
不 那是胡说 大人
No! This is lies, sir!
- 我看到他们的生意工具和大约二十先令扔在大街上 - 骗子!
- I saw the instruments of their trade and perhaps 20 shillings lain in the street. - Liar!
Thomas Harris的手正在干活 是黑的
Thomas Harris's hands were in a state of work, black.
Phoebe Harris的也是 脏极了
So were Phoebe Harris's.Most dirty.
我在壁炉架上找到十先令
I found ten shillings on the mantelpiece.
卑鄙小人
Base wretch!
-恶棍 - 不要口出不逊 女士
- You villain! - No good can come from such oaths, madam!
你能列举出街上的那些东西吗
Were you able to recover items from the street?
摔破的模具 我们还认为有他们抛弃的工具和硬币
A broken mould, and we think also,there were tools
and other coins discarded, but they were taken.
- 谎言 大人 全是谎言 - Garrow先生
- Lies, sir! All lies! - Mr Garrow.
Garrow先生
Mr Garrow?
Farmer先生
Mr Farmer.
我觉察到了一点硝烟的气味
I thought I did detect the whiff of sulphur.
你来暗中窥探Garrow 无疑他是你的猎物
You have come to spy on Garrow, no doubt, your quarry.
也许你会发现观摩一个法律精英如何履行职责
Perhaps you may even find it enlightening
是一件颇具启发性的事
to see how a true man of the law performs his duty.
我看见的是一个很悲惨的场面
I came upon a very sad scene.
一对年轻爱人紧抱在一起陷入恐惧
A loving young couple cleaved together in terror,
面对法律因他们的堕落给予的处罚
facing the penalty of the law for their venal transgressions.
而现在大难当前 双双拼死挣扎
And now they do fight for their lives, both facing their extinction.
而他们词穷的辩白也不过是谎言
And their only defence is that lies are told about them.
我恐怕他们机会渺茫
I fear their chances are slim.
我恐怕他们的丑事要暴光了
I fear their base vice to be exposed.
你没机会捉到他们在一起
You will never find them together.
我已经警告过他们了
I have warned them.
你阻挡不了情欲 Southouse先生.
You cannot repel desire,Mr Southouse.
- 不 不 - 本庭宣判 Thomas Harris带回监狱
- No, no! - The court awards that you,Thomas Harris, be led to the gaol
在那里执行判决
from whence you came, and thence to the place of execution,
施以绞刑 环首直至死亡
where you are to be hanged by the neck until you are dead.
本庭宣判 Phoebe Harris带回监狱
The court awards that you, Phoebe Harris, are to be led to the gaol
- 在那里执行判决 - 不
- from whence you came, and thence to the place of execution, where you are to be burnt... - NO!
- 施以火刑 - 不
..with fire until you are dead. No!
不 不
No! No! You can't!
她要被烧死 他算幸运了 被吊死
Her to be burnt. Him to get the relative mercy of the rope.
惩罚不公
Unequal punishment.
不过那就是许多女人的命运 不是吗
But that's the lot of women,is it not?
Will 其实还是有脱罪的一点希望
Will, there was little prospect of acquittal.
就像我自己的案子那样吗 Southouse先生
As in my own case, Mr Southouse?
只要你拿我的建议当回事
Not if you heed my advice.
Farmer会雇密探
Farmer will employ spies.
与Sarah女士的任何会面 无论多么清白
Any meetings with Lady Sarah,however innocent,
在法庭上也会被扭曲
will be twisted in court.
而说到Samuel Sarah是清白的
And is Lady Sarah innocent of some knowledge concerning Samuel?
我看你怎么在牛奶街袖手旁观
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表