剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表
But I was not there.
不在"戎"号♥上 但是...
Not on the Zong. But...
你和那133个奴隶
you and those 133 souls
也许被关在另一艘船上
may be concealed in another vessel altogether.
借尸还魂 里应外合
Trojan Horse.
我办不到
I will not do it.
我不能 "不能"?
I cannot. "Cannot"?
那是背信弃义
It would be unjust. A betrayal.
但你该忠于我!
But your loyalty is to me!
我不能自欺欺人
I must be true to myself.
并且忠于他 因为你爱他
And true to him, because you love him.
之前你指责我妄断臆测
You accused me before of delusion,
现在被我说中了
but now, it's proven.
统统被证实了!
It's all proven!
你冤枉我了
Your judgement is all wrong.
看来你心意已决
I see you make your decision.
鲨鱼总尾随船后
'Sharks would always accompany the ship,'
等着奴隶被扔下 好饱餐一顿
in expectation of the dead bodies being thrown over.
它们从没失望过
They were never disappointed.
你也希望被扔下去吗?
And you would wish to be thrown over yourself?
只要我能越过拦网
If I could have gotten over the nettings.
拦网?
Nettings?
船两侧联接起来的麻绳
The assembly of ropes placed along the sides of the ship
用来防止奴隶自杀解脱
to prevent that particular redemption.
然后到了交货的时候 加罗先生
And then, we were truly delivered, Mr Garrow.
你是说在巴巴多斯?
In Barbados?
商人和种植园主上船来
The merchants and planters came on board
仔仔细细地检视我们
and examined us most attentively,
然后让我们跳给他们看
and then...they made us jump.
跳?
Jump?
跳得越高 身价越高
Those who could jump the highest fetched the best price.
说明你够健壮
A sign of strength and health.
就像这样
Like this.
这样
Like this.
你看 加罗先生 我跳得高不高?
You see, Mr Garrow, how high?
瓦萨先生...
Mr Vassa...
像这样
Like this.
这样
Like this.
这样... 别跳了 古斯塔夫
Like this... Gustavus, please.
你会出庭作证的 古斯塔夫
You will take your place in the witness box, Gustavus.
替他们讨回公道
You will take your place.
你会提起诉讼?
You will initiate proceedings?
至少这件事该由我掌控
At least I shall be master of my fate in that.
议会获准的离婚 双方皆可再婚
A parliamentary divorce would amicably allow both sides to remarry.
你肯定不能容忍♥
No, I cannot think that you could contemplate
莎拉再嫁加罗吧
Garrow as Sarah's new husband.
岂能息事宁人 便宜了他们?
I cannot think that you would wish it to be amicable.
那我要怎么办 梅尔维大人
Well, then, what is there for me to do, Lord Melville?
有位律师 正是你需要的
I think you are in want of the services of a particular attorney.
约翰·法默先生
Mr John Farmer.
夫妻分居
Separation from bed and board,
可以合法解除婚姻关系
as a legal dissolution of the marriage,
并且禁止双方再婚
forbids either party from remarrying.
我自己下半生的幸福 不能赔进去
It is not my desire to exclude myself from future happiness.
但您的当务之急
But it may be that your most express wish
是不让您妻子轻易再婚
is to prevent such happiness coming the way of your wife.
愿闻其详
Elaborate.
您若想加倍惩罚您妻子
If you seek the greater scope for punishment,
她可以生不如死 里外不是人
then your wife will find herself in a ruinous state of limbo,
既不再是明媒正娶
where she is neither respectably married
又不能靠再婚挽回声誉
nor free to remarry and salvage her reputation.
她只能像丧家之犬
Disgraced, she would have to rely on the...
靠第三方加罗先生的接济
charity of the third party - Mr Garrow.
谢谢你 法默先生
Thank you, Mr Farmer.
我会...
I shall, er...
随时为您效劳
I am at your service.
莎拉·希尔夫人?
Lady Sarah Hill?
你认出了我 可否也自报下家门?
You have identified me, may I ask the same of you?
律师公会民事法庭向你送达传票
You are served with a citation from the Court of Doctors' Commons.
玩忽职守 科林伍德就是渎职
Negligence. Collingwood was negligent.
不是什么十恶不赦的刽子手
Not evil, not a murderer, not cruel,
让凯尔瑟说出和他争执的原因
and if you can prise Kelsall apart on the cause of the dispute,
一切就迎刃而解了
that may answer to it.
我打算另辟蹊径
I wish to introduce another stratagem.
别卖♥♥关子啊
You will enlighten me?
古斯塔夫·瓦萨
Gustavus Vassa.
他能证明什么
What evidence can HE provide?
你也说过 此案不仅仅是保险问题
You did say yourself, this case was about more than insurance.
我是说还将带来别的影响
There may be consequences, is what I meant.
但我不会坐视这案子偏离正轨...
But I will not have this prosecution sabotaged by...
被无端煽动给搅黄了
pamphleteering and agitation.
我也不会坐视杀人犯逍遥法外!
And I will not have this prosecution ignore murder!
莎拉
Sarah.
很抱歉我贸然登门
I apologise for any intrusion.
实在想不出还能求助于谁
I did not have the wits to consider where else I may seek help.
求助?
Help?
苏特豪斯先生
Mr Southouse.
他如果要离婚
If he means to dissolve the marriage,
我并不意外 但是...
I cannot say I am surprised by it, but...
这上面说的我一无所知
I must confess myself ignorant of the nature of it.
这种离婚方式
This means of action,
着实让人心寒
it is a sad thing.
我能承受 苏特豪斯先生 但说无妨
I do not wish delicacy, Mr Southouse. Enlighten me.
他要断了你全部的生计
He means to cut you off financially.
何事激怒他以至于此?
What has provoked him in this way?
明天一大早还要开庭
The session begins early.
怎么回事?
So?
你丈夫为什么如此绝情?
You'll tell me why your husband seeks to disown you?
他一口咬定塞缪尔不是他亲生的
He is in the grip of an idea that Samuel is not his,
说我背叛了他
that I am not faithful,
最重要的是...
but most of all...
他认定我爱的是你
..he insists that I love you.
但你一定已经...
Despite how you must have...
都矢口否认了?
refuted every accusation?
是他胡乱猜忌逼我至此
His fancies have pushed me here.
但他并非完全无中生有 威尔
But from such fancies, a truth comes, Will.
我曾要你离开他
I asked you once in vain to leave him.
你拒绝了 因此我万念俱灰
Your refusal exhausted every hope I ever had of you.
现在希尔要抛弃你 你又说爱我
Now, you declare your love for me as Hill seeks to banish you.
我不是来寻求庇护的
I do not come to you seeking refuge,
他强加的耻辱 我也不会逃避
to hide from the disgrace he is determined to put upon me.
其实我是来说...
In fact, I have come to say...
我认命了
I will own it.
不行
You must not.
希望你已安排好别的住处
I hope you've made arrangements to live elsewhere.
我今天要去听审 等我回来时...
I attend the Old Bailey today and I think upon my return...
你最好已经离开了
it is as well you were no longer here.
为什么我们走到这步田地
Why does your instigation of the end of our marriage
受惩罚的只有我?
require only my punishment?
我要姑息退让 岂不是自取其辱?
Well, if I'm amicable, I collude in my own dishonour.
古斯塔夫
Gustavus.
科林伍德船长为何
What do you think induced Captain Collingwood
会把牙买♥♥加误认作海地岛?
to mistake Jamaica for Hispaniola?
当时他离牙买♥♥加还有九里格航程
He identified it at nine leagues out.
九里格? 27海里
Nine leagues? 27 miles.
27海里!
27 miles!
科林伍德船长隔着27海里
Captain Collingwood made a wrong identification
认错了目的地
from a distance of 27 miles.
没有问题了 法官大人
No more questions, My Lord.
斯塔布斯先生 为何你的旅行记录不完整?
Mr Stubbs, why is your account of the journey incomplete?
我病了
剧集 | 加罗律师(2009) | 导航列表