那麽也让我坦承以对,先生
Well, let me be frank in return, sir.
不要误以为我们的策略是弱点
Do not mistake our strategy for weakness.
正式来说,这不过是曾经的敌人之间
Well, officially, of course, this is nothing
交锋一下
but an exchange of swords between former enemies.
一种友谊的姿态
A gesture of friendship.
准确来说,但非正式来说 公约军的企业
Precisely. But, unofficially,
因为这种所谓新黎明和其平等主义
is it not true that the industry of the Pact has somewhat slowed
意识形态的蔓延而有所放缓
by the spread of this so-called New Dawn,
这不是真的吧?
with their egalitarian ideologies?
你会明白的,先生,
You will understand, sir,
我必须服从大使
that I must defer to the ambassador.
当然,
Of course.
不过有关劳动力中断 和短缺的报告
Though reports of labor disruptions and shortages
会让你们难以防守
will leave you quite vulnerable.
很好,米沃希先生
Very well, Mr. Millworthy.
本着联盟精神,我会坦率告诉你
In the spirit of alliance,
I will tell you in all candor
购买♥♥这些步♥枪♥不仅是象徵性的姿态
that purchasing these rifles was more than a symbolic gesture.
我们的步兵吃了苦头才学到
Our infantry learned... the hard way
that... Burguish rifles were superior to our own
以远程来说 柏葛步♥枪♥优于我们自己的步♥枪♥
at long range.
我们打算利用这些步♥枪♥
And we intend to make use of them.
对抗新黎明
Against the New Dawn.
他们对自然秩序构成威胁
They are a threat to the natural order.
精灵族和人类并肩作战
Faefolk and humans fighting alongside each other.
这种乡巴佬的白日梦令人反感
An offensive peasant daydream.
那我问一下
Hmm. Well, let me ask,
你打算如何粉碎这个白日梦?
how do you intend to defeat this daydream?
据我了解,米沃希先生
As I understand it, Mr. Millworthy,
死人不会做梦
the dead don't dream.
大使以为他是谁?
Who does the ambassador think he is?
期待我们相信 他是出于象徵性原因
Expecting us to believe he wants to buy our guns
想买♥♥我们的枪
for symbolic reasons.
我想这就是他想要 两百吨♥象徵性火♥药♥的原因
I suppose that's why he wants 200 tons of symbolic gunpowder.
我们知道他的军队正遭受打击
We know his army's taking a kicking.
他需要这些武器
We know he needs those weapons.
他知道我们知道
确实,要假装一下
- He knows we know. - Well, precisely.
否则是在侮辱我们的情报部队
To pretend otherwise is to insult our Intelligence Corps.
儘管如此,可能有一些优势
Still, there may be some advantage
参与公约军的小战争
to joining the Pact in their little war.
怎麽可能有优势?
What possible advantage could there be?
没有人会要求举♥行♥选举
No one would call for an election
以罢免战时总理
to oust a wartime chancellor.
真是的
God's noose.
妳以为我这麽想要这职位吗?
You think I want this job that badly?
我们不用真的参战
We wouldn't actually go to war...
只要把武器卖♥♥给他们就好
just sell them the weapons they want.
苏菲,我们讨厌公约军 我们与他们交战了多年
Sophie, we hate the Pact. We fought them for years.
但这群新黎明暴徒 可能会成为更大的威胁
But this New Dawn mob may yet become a greater threat.
像他们这种疯狂的想法 就像夏天的疾病一样蔓延开来
Mad notions like theirs spread like sickness in summer.
在公约军中对抗这病毒
It's better to fight the infection in the Pact
总比在柏葛中对抗更好
than in the Burgue.
我们的步♥枪♥在他们手中 就足以力挽狂澜?
And our rifles in their hands will be enough to turn the tide?
不
No.
我们若也为新黎明供应武器就不能了
Not if we also arm the New Dawn.
然后双方陷入僵局
Then, with both sides bogged down,
我们的军队可以重新夺回特那诺
our armies could retake Tirnanoc.
上帝保佑那些低估妳的傻瓜
Gods help the fool who underestimates you.
你和我一样也清楚看到未来
You see the future as clearly as I do.
我们俩都有一样的想法
We're both thinking it.
只是我把想法说出来
I'm just the one saying it aloud.
夺回特那诺是你父亲一直想要的
And retaking Tirnanoc was what your father always wanted.
你可以为自己写下历史
You could write yourself into history as the man...
以总理的身分,为我们重建帝国
as... the chancellor who made us an empire again.
而那是他永远做不到的
And that was something he could never do.
当你有那个智慧
Who needs a prophecy when you have the sense
去看到并把握机会时,谁还需要预言?
to see an opportunity and seize it?
认为议会有这勇气吗?
Do you think Parliament has the stomach for it?
他们讨厌公约军
Just as you said, they hate the Pact.
妳的政党总是反对战争
But your party always opposes war.
妳将如何说服他们?
How will you persuade them to go along with it?
乔纳,你有一个可怕的习惯 就是低估我
Jonah, you have a terrible habit of underestimating me.
或者你可以放弃这个机会
Or you could pass up the chance,
等待下一次你可能会输掉的选举
wait for the next election, which you might lose,
然后回到你以往的生活
and go back to your old life.
当然,无论哪种决定我都会支持你
I'll support you either way, of course.
你自己决定,总理
It's your decision, Chancellor.
退下
Clear out.
我们遇到一些难题
We, uh, run into some complications.
你不兑现我们的交易了?
Does that mean you're not gonna make good on our deal?
别跟我开玩笑,菲洛史崔先生
Don't try to be funny with me, Mr. Philostrate.
我们精灵族信守诺言
We fae keep to our promises,
与你们不同
unlike your lot.
但这些食宿是暂时的,清楚吗?
But these accommodations,they're temporary, clear?
真是顽固和绝望
It's pig-headed and desperate.
他太痛苦而失去理智
He's hurting so hard he can't see sense,
现在他要去自杀
and now he's gone off to get himself killed.
自私的溷蛋
Selfish bastard.
一定有其他办法解决
There must be some other way to go about it.
有任何想法吗?
Any ideas? [coughs]
目前没有,小薇,
None at the moment, Vin.
抱歉
Sorry.
那个死人,
[quietly] What about that dead man,
被谋杀的士兵呢?
the murdered soldier?
不合理
Doesn't make any sense.
我不想说,但是…
Well, I wouldn't like to say, but...
自从突袭以来 妲莉亚看到妳就目光凶狠
Dahlia's been looking daggers at you ever since the raid.
不会吧
Surely not.
你不会以为是她杀了人 然后嫁祸给我
You don't think she would kill someone and pin it on me,
让我们陷入险境
risk all of us
就只是因为恨我?
just out of spite?
不!天啊,不是,薇妮
No. Gods, no, Vignette.
我永远不会这样想
I'd never think anything like that.
你可以下去了,威尔逊
You may go, Wilson,
如果没有其他事
if there's nothing more.
是,小姐
Ma'am.
妮拉?
Nilly?
妳应该等到天黑 万一被看见怎麽办?
You ought to have waited till dark.What if you were seen?
我给妳带来一些羊脂派
I brought you some suet pie.
来
Here.
还是热的
It's still hot.
妳饿了
You're hungry.
我应该早点来
I should have been here earlier.
到处都是僕人
The servants were everywhere.
如果妳被抓到把我藏在这裡…
If you're caught hiding me here...
我只是必须见妳
I simply had to see you.
我今天下午要和工厂老闆喝茶
I'm having tea with the factory owners this afternoon.
我们还剩多少?
How much do we have left?
70万盾
700,000 guilders.
我们卖♥♥掉马的话,会多一点
A little more if we sell the horses.
这样够吗?
Will it be enough?
必须够
It'll have to be.
妳的髮型很丑
Your hair looks frightful.W...
我没有妳那麽会整理
I don't have your knack for it.
我笨手笨脚的
I'm all thumbs.
让我来整理吧
Come here then. Let me fix it.
他们最好把目光放在妳漂亮的脸蛋
It's best they keep their eyes on your pretty face
而不是细则上
and not the small print.
我一直在暗地裡打听
I've been making discreet inquiries
关于妳哥哥和他在大街上的下落…
regarding your brother and his whereabouts on the Row.
他的脑袋跟他的角一样顽固