天啊,你的高音弹得太尖了。
Boy, you're playing a little sharp on the high notes.
你要滚了。还不错,不过在路上了。
You're getting a roll. Not bad yet, but on the way.
我做错了什么?
What do I do wrong?
你的吹嘴掉得太低了。
You're dropping your mouthpiece too low on your lower lip.
一旦你卷好了,孩子,它会让你的嘴唇闭上让你喉咙有一种哽咽的感觉。
Once you get that roll, boy, it closes up your lips and gives you a choked feeling in your throat.
在连续玩了半小时后,你就会觉得累了。
And you get tired after a half hour of steady playing.
再试一次。
Try it again.
就在那时,他开始玩两种游戏。
It was about then that he started playing two ways.
一种是为了钱,就是为了钱,另一种是为了他自己。
One way for money, what there was of it, and one way for himself.
那是他说话的方式。
That was his way of talking.
哈扎德先生,你好。
Well, hello, Mr. Hazzard.
我做得怎么样?
How am I doing?
做的很好。
Doing pretty good.
嘿,听起来你不是认真的。
Hey, you don't sound as if you mean it.
我做错什么了?
What am I doing wrong?
什么都没有。
Nothing.
怎么了,老爸?
What's the matter, Pops?
你知道我们要上路了吗?
Did you know we're going on the road?
不,我没有。你要去多久?
No, I didn't. How long will you be gone?
布克在纽约给我们找了个好买♥♥卖♥♥。
Booker's got a good deal for us in New York.
我们打算待在那里,也许永远待下去。
We been figuring on staying there, maybe for good.
嘿,好棒。我和你一起去。
Hey, swell. I'll go with you.
你不能。
You can't.
- W…-即使你可以,你也不应该。
- W... - Even if you could, you shouldn't.
为什么不呢?
Why not?
你得想想你要做什么。
You've got to be thinking about what you're going to do.
你要成为什么样的人。
What you're going to be.
嗯,那很简单。
Well, that's easy.
我要做一个像你一样的小号♥手,在一个好乐队里找份工作……你觉得就这么简单吗?
I'm gonna be a trumpet man like you and get me a job with a good band... You think that's all there is to it?
好吧,你……你教我吹一个很好的小号♥,是吗?
Well, you... you taught me to play a pretty good trumpet, didn't you?
你的小号♥吹得很好。
You play a fine trumpet.
好吧,然后……但它的价值是什么?
Well, then... But what's it worth?
看着我。
Look at me.
20年后我得到了什么?
What have I got after 20 years of it?
妻子,孩子……银行里的钱?
A wife, kids... money in the bank?
——没有。-你有全国最好的乐队。
- No. - You got the best band in the country.
我想我在和一个哑巴玩。
I guess I'm playing with a heavy mute.
看,男孩……你有音乐天赋。
Look, boy... you've got music in you.
你这里有,这里也有,但事情就是这样,很少有人知道你想说什么,想做什么。
You've got it here, and you've got it here, but the way things are, there's very few people who'll ever know what you're trying to say, or what you're trying to do.
谁在乎呢?我不为别人演奏。我为自己演奏。
Who cares? I don't play for people. I play for myself.
看,男孩……一个人在这个世界上还有很多事要做。
Look, boy... a man's got a lot of living to do in this world.
但是你,你好像被自己锁起来了。
But you, you're kind of locked up inside yourself.
你像一个…就像一只试图单翼飞翔的鸟。
You're like a... like a bird trying to fly on one wing.
你会再睡一会儿……然后你就会掉下去。
You'll stay up for a while... then you're going to fall.
哦,这是……喝杯牛奶。
Oh, it's... Have a drink of milk.
我会想你的,老爹。
I'm going to miss you, Pops.
哦,我差点忘了。
Oh, I almost forgot.
谢谢你,马丁先生。
Thank you, Mr. Martin.
照顾好自己。
Take care of yourself.
我会的。
I will.
最后,他得到了他的第一份好工作。
Finally, he got his first good job.
就在那时我遇到了他。
And that was when I met him.
我从来没见过别人有这么强烈,这么执着的表情。
I've never seen such an intense, searching expression on anybody else.
即使在那时,他看起来还是一个很少有人能理解的人。
Even then, he looked like a guy very few people would understand.
你好。
Hello.
你最好去磨溜冰鞋。
Better get your skates sharpened.
是的。
Yeah.
——在这里。我来帮你拿。——好的。
- Here. Let me help you with that thing. - Okay.
谢谢。
Thanks.
哦,非常感谢。
Ooh, thanks a lot.
你们这里有什么样的酒店毛巾?
What kind of hotel towels you got in here?
哦,那是我的唱片收藏。
Oh, that's my record collection.
主要艺术正义前锋。
Mostly Art Hazzard.
我猜他做的每一个我都有。
I got just about every one he made, I guess.
真的吗?
Really?
是的。
Yeah.
教我怎么玩。
Taught me how to play.
这样吗?
That so?
是的。
Yeah.
哦,我叫马丁。里克·马丁。
Oh, my name is Martin. Rick Martin.
我是威利威洛比。
I'm Willie Willoughby.
他们叫我烟。
They call me Smoke.
永远也弄不明白为什么。
Never could figure out why.
我也不。
Me neither.
你知道阿特·哈扎德吗?
You know Art Hazzard?
天啊,他是世界上最棒的小号♥演奏家。
Boy, he's the greatest trumpet player in the world.
很高兴认识你。
Glad to know you.
——你好!——噢,嗨。
- Hi! - Oh, hi.
你好,男孩。- - - - - -你好。
- Hello, boys. - Hello.
亲爱的,请你把安排发给我好吗?
Honey, will you hand out the arrangements, please?
是的。确定。
Yeah. Sure.
你好吗,钱德勒先生?
How are you, Mr. Chandler?
很好,很好。很高兴你加入,马丁。
Fine, fine. Glad to have you aboard, Martin.
哦,你在那边。
Oh, you're over there.
好了,我们开始谈正事吧。
All right, let's get down to business.
丹尼,请把这些发给我。
Danny, hand those out, please.
约翰尼。
Johnny.
给你。布莱德。
For you. Brad.
- - - - - -你好。——里克·马丁。很好,谢谢。
- Hello. - Rick Martin. Fine, thanks.
杰克Flannigan。这是托德。
Jack Flannigan. This is Todd.
-你好吗?——杰克?
- How are you? - Jack?
——谢谢你,乔。- - - - - -你好。你好。
- Thanks, Jo. - Hello. Hello.
——托尼。——谢谢。
- Tony. - Thank you.
哦,你好。我叫乔·乔丹。我在乐队里唱歌♥。
Oh, hello. My name's Jo Jordan. I sing in the band.
你好!
How do you do?
好吧,男孩。我们开始吧。
All right, boys. Let's get with it.
你们都知道,我们周六晚上在这里营业。
Well, as you all know, we open here Saturday night.
首先,我想让你们记住一件事,我们是一个舞蹈管弦乐队,我们的主要工作是演奏他们可以跳舞的节奏。
First of all, I want you to remember one thing, we're a dance orchestra, and our main job is to play a tempo they can dance to.
没有布鲁斯,也没有下流的牛仔舞。
No blues and no low-down jive.
公众喜欢新奇的东西,这就是我们要给他们的。
The public likes novelty stuff, and that's what we're gonna give 'em.
好吧,我想就这些了。现在,我们开始吧。
Well, I guess that's all. Now, let's get started.
新书里的第三名,各位。
Number three in the new books, everybody.
我们先拿你的,乔茜,这样你就能回酒店了。
We'll take yours first, Josie, so you can get back to the hotel.
好吧。
All right.
一个……两个……
One... two...
正是对你的思念
♪ The very thought of you ♪
而我忘记了
♪ And I forget to do ♪
那些平凡的小事
♪ The little ordinary things ♪
每个人都应该这样做
♪ Everyone ought to do ♪
等一下,等一下。
Wait a minute, wait a minute.
持有它。
Hold it.
抓住它!
Hold it!
怎么了,马丁,你看不懂乐谱吗?
What's a matter, Martin, can't you read music?
确定。
Sure.
那你为什么不呢?
Then why don't you?
你想让每个数字都按写的方式来吗?
Well, you want every number played the way it's written?
这正是我想要的。
That's exactly what I want.
你以为我买♥♥这些摆设是为了什么?
What do you think I bought these arrangements for?
我不知道。
I don't know.
嗯,我的意思是……我们每次都要用同样的方法来打每个号♥码吗?
Well, I mean... well, do we have to play every number the same way every time?
这是正确的。
That's right.
这不是即兴演奏会,这是舞蹈管弦乐队。
This is no jam session, it's a dance orchestra.
只是问。
Just asking.
现在你知道了。
Well, now you know.
好吧,我们从撕裂的地方再来一遍。
All right, let's take it again from where it got torn.
一个……两个……
One... two...
正是对你的思念
♪ The very thought of you ♪
而我忘记了
♪ And I forget to do ♪
那些平凡的小事
♪ The little ordinary things ♪
每个人都应该这样做
♪ Everyone ought to do ♪
电影精选列表