我叫威利·威洛比,但他们叫我烟。
My name is Willie Willoughby, but they call me Smoke.
我在一个普通的舞蹈乐队里弹钢琴。
I play piano in a run-of-the-mill dance band.
单调的。
Kind of monotonous.
但也有几次我得到了我的乐趣,就在不久前,比如当我和著名的小号♥演奏家里克·马丁交朋友时。
But there were times when I got my kicks, not so long ago, either, like when I palled around with Rick Martin, the famous trumpet player.
一个人什么。
What a guy.
我们做的是一份费力不讨好的工作,把音乐中的小音符和短语拼凑成一堆乱七八糟的东西,不知怎么就变成了爵士乐。
We were in the thankless business of piecing little notes and phrases of music together into a mumbo jumbo that somehow turned out to be jazz.
严格的即兴表演,但很有趣。
Strictly off-the-cuff, but a lot of fun.
当然,瑞克现在已经是传奇人物了。
'Course, Rick is practically a legend now.
人们问我关于他和那些时光的事。
People ask me about him and those times.
通常,我不怎么谈论它……
Ordinarily, I don't talk much about it...
但我想了很多
but I think a lot about it.
他有很多朋友。
He had a lot of friends.
在某种程度上,他根本没有朋友。
In a way, he had no friends at all.
他是那种孤独的人,我猜从他还是个孩子的时候就一直如此。
He was a lonely kind of guy, always, I guess from the time he was a kid.
他从不认识他的父亲。
He never knew his father.
他母亲在他九岁或十岁的时候去世了,
And his mother died when he was nine or 10,
于是他和姐姐住在一起。
so he went to live with his sister.
作为一个同龄的孩子,他游历了很多地方。
He did a lot of traveling for a kid his age.
来自密苏里州……通过德州……俄克拉何马州……最后,加州。
From Missouri... on through Texas... Oklahoma... and finally, California.
他从来没有从学校中学到什么,一路上也没交多少朋友。
He never did get much out of school, and he made very few friends along the way.
你为什么不出去和其他孩子一起玩呢?
Why don't you go out and play with the other kids or something?
日复一日地在房♥子周围转悠。
Hanging around the house day after day.
你饿了吗?
Ya hungry?
不。
No.
吃完后,别忘了把面包放回面包盒里,这样蚂蚁就吃不到面包了。
Well, after you eat, don't forget to put the bread back in the bread box so the ants don't get it.
是的。
Yes.
你怎么了?
What's wrong with you?
什么都没有。
Nothing.
哦,我没时间了。现在,乔随时都会到。
Well, I haven't got time, now, Joe will be here any minute.
但我告诉你一件事,你要么回去上学,要么去找份工作。
But I'll tell you one thing, either you gotta go back to school or you gotta get a job.
你不能什么都不做。
You just can't do nothing.
马姬,那个人来了。
Hey, Marge, that man's here.
你好,瑞克。来吧,我们走吧,亲爱的。我们迟到了。
Hiya, Rick. Come on, let's go, honey. We're late.
我告诉过你我会准备好的,不是吗?
I told you I'd be ready, didn't I?
天啊,你看起来帅呆了。
Gee, you look like a million.
不要忘记。面包在盒子里。
Don't forget. The bread in the box.
再见。
So long.
在第二大道和鲜花大道的拐角处有一家小中餐馆,我想试试。
There's this little Chinese place on the corner of Second and Flower I was thinking of trying.
我们将在那美丽的海岸歌♥唱
♪ We shall sing on that beautiful shore ♪
♬有福的歌♥声悠扬
♪ The melodious songs of the blessed ♪
我们的灵魂不再忧伤
♪ And our spirit shall sorrow no more ♪
不是对安息的叹息
♪ Not a sigh for the blessing of rest ♪
♬在甜蜜中♬
♪ In the sweet ♪
总有一天♬会回来的
♪ By and by ♪
我们将在那美丽的海岸相遇
♪ We shall meet on that beautiful shore ♪
♬在甜蜜中♬
♪ In the sweet ♪
总有一天♬会回来的
♪ By and by ♪
我们将在那美丽的海岸相遇
♪ We shall meet on that beautiful shore ♪
♬在甜蜜中♬
♪ In the sweet ♪
总有一天♬会回来的
♪ By and by ♪
我们将在那美丽的海岸相遇
♪ We shall meet on that beautiful shore ♪
现在,我的朋友们,上帝已经提供了。
Now, my friends, the Good Lord has provided.
隔壁房♥间将供应热腾腾的饭菜。
There will be a hot meal served in the next room.
故事是这样的:天黑的时候,他可以弹钢琴了。
The story goes that by the time it got dark, he could play the piano.
他能弹整首歌♥。
He could play the whole song.
在那之后,他有了一个可以去的地方和他真正想做的事情。
After that, he had a place to go to and something he really wanted to do.
有一段时间,他不再那么孤独了。
And for a while, he wasn't quite so lonely anymore.
嘿!你每晚都在敲钢琴。
Hey! You've been banging that piano every night.
现在给我滚出去!
Now, get out of here!
原谅我。
Excuse me.
你好,先生。
Hello, sir.
哪个最便宜?
Which one's the cheapest?
你是说乐器吗?
You mean the instruments?
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
嗯,让我想想。我想是小号♥。
Well, let me see. I think the trumpet.
我可以把这个卖♥♥给你,大约九美元。
I can let you have this one for about nine dollars.
你吹小号♥?
You play a trumpet?
不,但我可以学。
No, but I can learn.
我开始学钢琴。
I started to learn piano.
嗯,钢琴有点不同。
Well, a piano's a little different.
你是个音乐家,是吗?
So you're a musician, eh?
如果我有这样的手♥机♥,我就可以随身携带,想玩什么时候就玩什么时候。
If I had one of those, I could carry it with me and play it anytime I wanted.
你拿到钱了吗?
You got the money?
没有,但我能找到工作。
No, but I can get a job.
我觉得你可能是个音乐家。
Well, now, I think maybe you are a musician.
是的,先生。
Yes, sir.
外面那个孩子,他的耳朵很好。
And that kid out there, he had a perfect ear for it.
他能听到,也能感觉到。
He could hear it, and he could feel it.
就在那个男孩住的地方。
It hit that boy right where he lived.
好吧,看看这个。
Well, look at this.
你觉得怎么样?
How about that?
伙计们,我们先喘口气。
Hey, fellas, let's take a little breather for a few minutes.
你在那儿干什么,孩子?你想要什么?
What're you doing there, boy? What do you want?
原谅我。我只是在听音乐。
Excuse me. I was just listening to the music.
你喜欢我们打球的方式吗?
Do you like the way we play?
哦,当然。
Oh, sure.
你现在出去有点晚了,不是吗?
Kind of late for you to be out, though, isn't it?
明天不上学。
No school tomorrow.
哦?
Oh?
如果你想听音乐,最好进来。
Well, you better come on in if you want to hear some music.
谢谢。
Thanks.
你愿意加入我们的小整理吗?
Will you join us in a small collation?
火腿三明治怎么样,先生?
A ham sandwich, perhaps, Mister...?
马丁。不,谢谢。
Martin. No, thanks.
哦,但你必须这么做。
Oh, but you gotta.
你不能空着肚子听音乐。
You can't listen to music on an empty stomach.
谢谢。
Thanks.
你确定你♥爸♥妈不会介意吗?
You're sure your folks won't care?
我没有真正的朋友。
I don't have any real folks.
我妹妹不知道我来没来。
My sister wouldn't know if I came in or not.
哦,我明白了。
Oh, I see.
先生们,这是马丁先生。
Gentlemen, this is Mr. Martin.
他说他喜欢我们的音乐。
He says he likes our music.
很高兴认识你。
Pleased to meet you.
-嗨。-嗨。
- Hi. - Hi.
马丁先生,你想听什么?
Well, Mr. Martin, what would you like to hear?
你想玩…我不知道你们管它叫什么,但它是这样的。
Would you want to play... I don't know what you'd call it, but it goes like this.
你知道,你开始演奏,然后是单簧管,然后是其他的,但是你独自完成。
You know, where you start off, and then the clarinet comes in, and then the others, but you finish alone.
这就是“Moanin低。”
That's "Moanin' Low."
你怎么知道谁在哪里?
How do you know who comes in where?
大多数时候我都记不住自己。
I can hardly remember myself most times.
你是音乐家吗,马丁先生?
You a musician, Mr. Martin?
我也会弹一点钢琴。
Oh, I kind of play the piano a little.
哦,钢琴师,是吗?
Oh, a piano player, huh?
是的,但我真正想学的是小号♥,像你一样。
Yes, but what I really want to learn is the trumpet, like you.
你听到了吗?
You hear that?
马丁先生一听就知道有什么才能。
Mr. Martin knows talent when he hears it.
我们还在等什么?“Moanin低。”
Well, what are we waiting for? "Moanin' Low."
请坐,马丁先生。坐下来。
Have a chair, Mr. Martin. Sit down.
谢谢你,哈扎德先生。
Thank you, Mr. Hazzard.
祝你好运,大♥师♥。
Good luck, maestro.
谢谢。
Thanks.
抽根雪茄吧,哈扎德先生。
Have a cigar, Mr. Hazzard.
它是一个二进制的。
It's a two-bit one.
如果不是的话,就让我闭嘴。
Well, shut me up if it isn't.
谢谢你,马丁先生。
Thank you, Mr. Martin.
如果他一定要成为一名小号♥演奏家,那他已经相当幸运了,因为他从阿特·哈扎德(Art Hazzard)那里学到的东西,他买♥♥不到。
If he had to be a trumpet player, he was pretty lucky because he couldn't have bought what he learned from Art Hazzard.
事情就是这样开始的,没有办法阻止或改变它。
That's the way it started, and there was no way of stopping it or changing it.
除了音符,他什么也看不见,除了小号♥,他什么也听不见。
He couldn't see anything but notes and he couldn't hear anything but his trumpet.
他生来就是做爵士乐手的就像教会选义人一样。
He was cut out to be a jazzman the way the righteous are chosen for the church.
电影精选列表