So what do you think the dream means?
你觉得这梦是什么意思?
That your vagina is completely disease-infested.
说明你的阴♥道♥被完全感染了?
Shut up. For real.
闭嘴啦 我说真的
Okay, babies...
好吧 婴儿…
"Babies are symbolic of change and renewal.
"婴儿是改变和新生的象征"
"If the baby is a stranger to you,
"如果是一个陌生的婴儿"
"it may represent something developing within yourself
"可能就代表着你自身体内 正在生长着某种东西"
"that is not yet ready to be born. "
"但它还未做好出生的准备"
And it doesn't say anything about babies in formaldehyde.
书中没提到泡在甲醛里的婴儿
Okay, what about dogs?
好 那狗呢?
Okay, okay, okay.
好 好 好
"In mythology, the dog was often seen as a messenger of the dead. "
"神话里 狗通常都是死亡的使者"
Then it just goes on and on about some more psychobabble bullshit.
然后就是一些心理学上的狗屁术语和理论
So, where are the kids?
对了 孩子们在哪儿呢?
Did you have to, like, change diapers and shit like that?
你不能去给他们换换尿布之类的么?
Nope, the baby was down when I got here,
不用 小宝宝在我到的时候就睡下了
and the four-year-old, he conked out as soon as I read to him.
那个4岁的也在我给他讲故事时睡着了
Do you think they have porn in their DVD collection?
你说他们家的DVD收藏里有没有A片?
Like I really want to know what Mr Newton beats off to.
好像我真的想知道 牛顿先生对着什么打手♥枪♥?
Well, it's not Mrs Newton, that's for sure.
反正肯定不是对着牛顿太太
Case? Hang on.
凯斯? 先别挂
Look in the mirror.
看着镜子
Some people are doorways.
有人要进来了
Matty? Matty, are you up?
马蒂? 马蒂 你醒了?
Hey, Rom, I think one of the kids is awake. I'm going to call you back, okay?
嘿 萝梅 我想有个孩子醒了 一会儿再打给你 好吗?
Good luck. All right.
祝你好运 好的
Keep looking.
看着
Matty?
马蒂?
Keep looking.
看着
Keep looking.
看着
What are you doing, Matty?
你在干嘛呢 马蒂?
Keep looking.
看着
Matty!
马蒂!
Matty, stop that. We have to go to bed now.
马蒂 住手 我们该去睡觉了
Matty!
马蒂!
Jumby wants to be born now.
强比现在就想出生
Are you sure you're all right?
你确定自己没事吗?
Yeah, no, it's fine, it's not a big deal.
对 没事的 没什么大不了的
I'd feel better if you'd had your eye checked out.
我想你最好还是去看看眼睛吧
Okay, I will.
好的 我会的
I'll see you guys later, okay?
那就再见了
Hey, Dad.
嘿 爸爸
Hi, Case. How was sitting? Good.
嗨 凯斯 孩子看得怎么样了? 很好
There's cheesecake from La Scarola, if you want.
饿的话有从香格里拉店带回来的奶酪蛋糕
Mmm, no, thanks. I'm just... I'm gonna crash. Good night.
嗯 不了 谢谢 我只想去睡觉 晚安
Oh, my God!
哦 天啊!
He was shining a mirror in the baby's face. And then he hit me.
他在用镜子照小宝宝的脸 接着就扇了我一巴掌
Okay, that's creepy.
呃 好恐怖
The kid's like four. I mean, he probably didn't even know what he was doing.
那小孩儿顶多四岁 我是说 他可能根本不知道自己在做什么
It's bad luck, you know.
这可象征着厄运
Newborns aren't supposed to see their own reflection till they're at least a year old.
新生儿至少要一岁以后才能照镜子
It means they'll die soon.
这意味着他快死了
According to whom?
哪儿看来的说法?
It's just one of those superstitions, you know.
只是迷信而已啦
You're retarded. She's retarded.
你傻了啊 她傻了
It's not like I'm saying I believe it, I'm just saying it's one of those things.
我又没说我信 我只是说的确有这种说法
Okay, so as far as we know, the universe is roughly 15 billion years old.
据人类所知 宇宙存在至今大约有150亿年了
Right?
对吧?
So, if the universe had a beginning, what happened before the beginning?
所以 如果宇宙有开端的话 那开端之前是什么呢?
Einstein would tell us that there was no before,
爱因斯坦会告诉我们 根本不存在什么开端之前
because time itself did not yet exist.
因为时间本身也是不存在的
So here's another question for you.
这样就有另外一个问题了
How big is the universe?
宇宙有多大?
Does the universe just keep going on forever?
宇宙是不是永恒的?
And if it doesn't just keep going on forever, then what's beyond the edge?
如果不是永恒的 那在它之后又是什么?
Maybe yes, maybe no. Here's the catch.
也许是 也许不是 这就是难题所在
Since our universe began...
自从宇宙诞生以来…
Jumby wants to be born now.
强比现在就想出生
...back where you started.
…退回到你的起点
It'd be like walking into a mirror.
就好像走进了一面镜子
Is everything all right, Casey?
你没事吧 凯斯?
Yeah, I... I just need to get some air.
没事 我…我只想呼吸下新鲜空气
So he texts me, like, the day after we went out. And he put, "I miss you. "
然后 大概就是我们约会的第二天 他发消息跟我说 "我想你"
But then when I text him back, he never replied.
但我回了消息后 他就没再回过
And that was like two days ago.
那大概就是两天前
Case.
凯斯
There's something wrong with your eye. What are you talking about?
你的眼睛怎么了? 你说什么呢?
I don't know, dude, I think you should look.
不知道 伙计 你最好自己看看
It's called heterochromia.
这叫异色症
Meaning one iris is a different colour than the other.
就是两只眼睛虹膜的颜色不一样
Usually, it's congenital. Sometimes it occurs after a blunt trauma.
通常是天生的 有时候也会因为眼球钝挫伤造成
On very rare occasions, it might be indicative
极少数情况下 这可能还是…
of a malignant melanoma of the iris.
虹膜恶性黑素瘤的征兆
In order to rule that out, I'll just need to take a few digital pictures.
为排除这种可能性 我需要再拍几个片子
Okay.
好的
I'll go ahead an insert a speculum in order to keep your eyelids open.
我要用扩张器把你的眼皮撑开
Oh, God.
哦 天啊
Just relax and everything will be fine.
放松 不会有事的
Ooh!
哦!
All right, you're doing great.
没事的 你做得很好
Okay, go ahead and rest your chin right here.
好 把下巴搁在这上面
And keep your head very still while we take a few pictures, all right?
拍片子的时候 头不要动好吗?
Okay. All right.
好的 好
Good. Good.
很好 很好
So, does it hurt? Mmmmmm.
痛不痛啊? 不痛
I think the light's just a little bright because of the eye-drops that he gave me.
大概是他给我滴的眼药水 让我感觉光有些刺眼
Baby, thank you for coming with me. I know I'm such a pain in the ass right now.
亲爱的 谢谢你来陪我 我知道我现在很烦人
Mmm-hmm! Yeah, you are, yeah.
嗯! 是啊 确实是
The good news is that my dad's not gonna be home till tomorrow morning.
好消息是 我爸明天早上才回家
Does that mean what I think it means? Yes.
你这是在对我暗示吗? 没错
Great, 'cause, you know, 'cause those glasses, they're just...
好极了 要知道这副墨镜 让我感觉…
They're definitely giving me wood.
让我感觉非常HIGH
Yeah, I don't know what it is.
我不知道该怎么形容
Hey. You all right?
嘿 你没事吧?
Yeah, yeah, let's go.
没事 没事 我们走吧
You know, it really screws with your head,
希尔兹先生上课讲的那些东西
what Mr Shields was saying.
真的很让人头疼
That the universe doesn't have an end. I used to have nightmares about it.
宇宙没有终点 我曾经一直做这样的噩梦
That the world would just stop spinning, and we'd just fall off out into space.
地球会停止转动 我们也会散落在太空里
I'd get so upset by it,
我真的好害怕
that one day we'd just keep falling forever and ever and ever. No?
有一天我们会这样 永远徘徊飘荡下去 不是吗?
Yeah. No, I mean, I still get that way when I think about dying.
对 我是说不是 每次想到死亡 我觉得就会是那种感觉
You know, me and just all my thoughts ending.
就好像我和我的思维都停止了一样
So you don't think there's an afterlife. No, why?
这么说你认为不存在来世 为什么呢?
Because I don't feel her anywhere.
因为我根本感觉不到妈妈的存在
I mean, I remember the last time I saw her.
我是说 我记得最后一次见她的时候
We went to the hospital.
我们去医院看她
And she was just sitting there staring out the window.
她就坐在那儿看着窗外
It was almost as if she was already gone.
那样子像是她已经死了一样
Did she say anything to you?
她跟你说什么了吗?
Well, she was adopted,
她说自己是领养的
and I guess she found out who her birth mother was.
我想她已经找到自己亲身母亲了
Then she died that night.
然后那天晚上她就自杀了
You know, they say that it takes a really long time when you hang yourself,
有人说上吊的人要很过长时间才会死
that some people have second thoughts.
有人不这么认为
And then they can't do anything about it.
但谁都无能为力
God, I used to hate her for leaving us.
天啊 我当时真恨她离开我们
Hey.
嘿
Come here.
过来
What? What? What?
怎么了? 怎么了?