你好 我叫麦克·伍德里奇
Hello. My name's Mike Wooldridge.
是个研究人工智能的人类
I'm a human, studying artificial intelligence.
你好 我叫艾达 是机器人艺术家
Hello, I'm Ai-Da, the artist robot,
我会创作能让人思考未来的艺术品
and I create art that helps people consider the future.
机器人艾达正在为我画肖像画
The robot, Ai-Da, is painting my portrait,
但这需要一定的时间
but this process takes a while,
所以我们几分钟前就开始了
so we started a few minutes ago.
本次讲座结束前 我们再回来
We're going to come back at the end of the lecture
看看艾达画得如何
and see what Ai-Da's managed to do.
艾达 我现在能走了吗
Ai-Da, can I go now?
可以 -谢谢
Yes. - Thank you.
假象
真♥相♥
人工智能大揭秘
2023年英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座
第一讲 如何建造一台人工智能
大家好 欢迎来到
Hello, and welcome
麦克·伍德里奇教授
英国皇家科学院圣诞讲座第一讲
to the first of the three Royal Institution Christmas Lectures,
本讲座由CGI集团赞助播出
an event supported by CGI,
今天 我们将了解人工智能是什么
in which, we'll see what artificial intelligence is,
它的工作原理 以及它对我们世界的影响
how it works and how it's shaping our world.
我们正进入一个新时代
We're entering an era
如今的智能机器能完成许多
where intelligent machines can do things
几年前看来不可能做到的事
that seemed impossible just a few years ago.
这种新型人工智能的迭代速度
And the pace of change of this new AI
甚至让建造它的科学家都感到吃惊
is surprising even the scientists that built it.
受到大脑结构的启发 人工神经网络技术
And this new AI was made possible by artificial neural networks,
让这种新型人工智能成为可能
inspired by the structure of the brain.
我们的故事就从这东西开始
And our story starts with this.
这是人类的大脑
This is a human brain.
全宇宙最伟大的奇迹
Of all the wonders in the universe, this is the greatest.
忘掉黑洞 中子星和超新星吧
Forget about black holes and neutron stars and supernovas -
你们眼前这东西才是天地万物中
you are looking at the most incredible thing
最不可思议的一个
in all of creation.
人类所有的感受皆起源于此
All of human experience has its origins here.
所有念头和梦境 所有希望和爱意
Every thought, every dream, every hope, every love.
所有赋予我们"人性"的东西
Everything it means to be human,
无论是莎士比亚还是泰勒·斯威夫特
from Shakespeare to Taylor Swift,
都起源于此
all has its origins here.
它是进化的丰功伟绩
It's the ultimate triumph of evolution.
是我们至今仍无法
It's a marvel that we are still nowhere close
充分理解的奇迹
to properly understanding.
人类大脑 不论是这颗还是你们的大脑
And human brains, like this one and like yours,
都难以想象的复杂
are unimaginably complex.
它们由大量细胞组成
They have huge numbers of cells
这些细胞彼此连接形成大网
that are connected to one another in enormous networks.
这些细胞叫做"神经元"
And those cells are called neurons.
我们估计 人类大脑有约860亿个神经元
We estimate that a typical brain - a typical human brain,
在座各位以及这个大脑皆是如此
like yours or this - has about 86 billion of them.
神经元是人类智慧的基石
And neurons are the basic building blocks of human intelligence.
我们的一切行止都源于它们的行为
Somehow, everything that we are emerges from what they do
和它们相互交流的方式
and the way that they interact with each other.
所以 要说我们能建造一台机器
So it almost seems like heresy
能模拟大脑的功能
to suggest that we can build a machine
简直有点像天方夜谭
which does something like this incredible organ does.
但这正是人工智能专业的梦想
But that is the dream of artificial intelligence.
但我们真能用这小玩意重现人类智慧吗
But can we really recreate human intelligence with this?
这是个智能处理单元 简称IPU
This is an Intelligence Processing Unit, an IPU.
这和你家电脑里的处理器差不多
This is a bit like one of the processors in your home computer,
但它是专门为同时处理大量数据设计的
but it's designed to process enormous amounts of data in parallel,
事实证明 这非常适合人工智能
and it turns out that is perfect for artificial intelligence.
但IPU并不是大脑 组成IPU的不是神经元
Now, IPUs like this are not brains, they don't have neurons,
而是许许多多非常简单的
but they are built from huge numbers
计算单元 即"晶体管"
of very simple computational devices, transistors.
这个最先进的IPU
This IPU, this state-of-the-art IPU
有600亿个晶体管
has about 60 billion transistors.
记得吗 相比大脑中的860亿神经元
Remember, compare that to the something like 86 billion neurons
这个听起来也没什么特别的
in the brain, it doesn't sound that different.
那么我们还要多久才能用IPU
So how far are we from using IPUs
重现人类智慧呢
to recreate something like human intelligence?
在进一步讨论前
Before we go much further,
我们想给你们展示一个案例
we thought we'd show you an example
看看如今人工智能
of the kind of incredible thing
能做到哪些不可思议的事
that artificial intelligence is capable of today.
有请我们的第一位嘉宾 莎拉·德·拉加德
For this, please welcome our first guest, Sarah de Lagarde.
人工智能大揭秘
你好 -你好 莎拉 欢迎
Hello. - Hello, Sarah, and welcome.
欢迎来到圣诞讲座
Welcome to the Christmas Lectures.
莎拉 你有个令人惊叹的故事
Now, Sarah, you have a truly remarkable story.
能和我分享一下吗 -当然可以
Will you share that with us? - Yes, of course.
大约12个月前
So, just about 12 months ago,
我遭遇了一起严重的列车事故
I was in a terrible train accident
因此失去了右腿膝盖以下部分
and, as a result, I lost my right leg below the knee
和包括手肘在内的整条小臂
and I lost my arm above the elbow.
你已装上了义肢
And so, you've been fitted with a prosthetic arm.
这不是什么新鲜事
Those are nothing new,
但是这副义肢有什么特别的吗
but what makes this one special?
这副义肢非常特别
So this one's pretty special
因为这是"仿生手臂"
because this is what we call a bionic arm,
它由人工智能驱动
and it's powered by artificial intelligence.
好吧 我知道你此时要给我们
OK. Now, I understand, at this point,
用易拉罐表演一个... -是的
you've got a party trick to show us... - Oh, yes.
派对上的小把戏 对吗
...involving a can. Is that right?
是的 首先 我想向你们展示的是
Yes. Well, the first thing I wanted to show you
我有个能三百六十度转动的手腕
is that I've got a movable wrist that can turn all the way round.
并且 我的手还挺有力的
And then, it's got a little bit of power as well.
让我试着捏扁这个给你们看看
So let me try to crush this can for you.
好吧 -一捏就扁
Ok! - It does work!
真是精彩的派对小把戏
That really is quite a party trick.
你的手臂怎么知道要做什么动作呢
So, how does your arm know how to do that?
它的工作原理 简而言之就是
Well, basically, the way it works
我思考想要做的动作
is that I think about the movement that I want to make,
并轻轻抽动一系列肌肉
and I twitch a series of muscles,
这些肌肉的抽动
and the muscle twitches are being recorded
被接口内的16个电极记录下来
by 16 electrodes that are positioned inside the socket,
然后转化为电脉冲
and then transform that into electric impulses
传导至前臂 以驱动我的
that run through the forearm and powers the Covvi hand,
仿生手臂 -好吧
my bionic hand. - Ok.
这跟人工智能有什么关系呢
And where exactly does the AI come into the picture?
人工智能记录了大量数据 基本上...
So the AI is a lot of data recording. It's basically...
我每次使用该手臂 每次的动作
Every time I use the arm, every time I make a movement,
它都会记录下来
it records it.
它开始学习我如何使用手臂
It starts to learn how I use the arm
并开始预测我想做的动作
and it starts to predict the movements that I want to make,
包括像这样旋转手腕
including rotating it, like that.
这个我能看一整晚
I could watch that all night.
好吧 人工智能正在你身上接受训练
OK, so the AI is being trained on your body,
但你的身体和大脑适应人工智能了吗
but is your body and your brain, are they adapting to the AI?
我确实做了许多理解方面的训练
So, I did have a lot of training to understand,
因为思考一个动作很难
because it's very different to think about a movement,
而控制仿生手臂的动作更难
and it's more difficult to control it when it is bionic.
但当我晚上摘下这个手臂
But when I take the arm off at night
像苹果手♥机♥给它一样充电时
and I recharge it, like an iPhone,
我会很想它
then I miss it.
没有这个手臂 你的生活会是怎样的
How would your life have been like without this arm?
我得说 这个世界是为拥有双手的人设计的
Well, I have to say that this world is being designed
一切都是
for people with two hands. Everything.
比如你外套上
Think about the zipper on your coat, for example,
或你手提包 背包上的拉链
or on your bag, on your rucksack.
比如包裹 拆包装
Think about a parcel, packaging.
做所有事都需要两只手 一只手固定
For everything, you need to have two hands - one to hold it down
另一只手掀开盖子
and the other one to rip off the lid on something,
这个仿生手臂很有用处 -好的
电影精选列表