凯特·麦考的审判
我一直都是失眠
I've been having a hard time sleeping.
我和我的丈夫关系不是很好
And my husband and I, weren't doing well.
变得很糟糕
It was a really bad time.
然后
And...
我开始喝一些酒
I started having a few drinks to...
想让自己忘记这些
Knock myself out.
当感到痛苦时 我就用些止痛药
And when that didn't kill it, I had pain meds.
你丈夫说你因为酒吧的事而被停职
Your husband said that you were suspended from the bar.
-不 我没有停职 -哦
-No, I wasn't suspended. -Oh.
他这样说的
Okay, he mentioned...
我只是暂缓上庭
I was put on probation.
一天早上 我去法庭晚了
One morning, I was late to court.
法官说了我
And the judge chastised me...
我和他争论
I just lost it.
我不知道我说了什么 但是
I don't know what I said, but...
他做了一个酒精测试然后
He ordered a breathalyzer test and...
我被暂缓上庭
I was put on probation.
我没有停职
I wasn't suspended.
你告诉我这一切一定很困难的
Must've been difficult for you to tell me all that.
他会把女儿还给我
Will it get me my daughter back?
我需要另一个案例
I need another case.
最好是胜率大的
Preferably, one I can win.
麦考小姐 给你的工作都是经过认真考虑的
Miss McCall, your work here is considered restitution.
你没有选择
You don't get to pick and choose.
我从来没经手过这样的案例
One part of my life I haven't completely fucked up is my record in court.
我不适合这种案例
I'd like to keep it that way.
这是一个刑事案例 我是一个民事辩护律师
This is a goddamn Habeas case, I'm a civil defense attorney.
它本质上是一种民事诉讼
It's essentially a civil action,
我相信你会胜任这份工作
I'm sure you'll find the rules our victim plead is discoverably familiar.
拜托 你应该还有更好的合适人选
Come on, you must have people who are better qualified.
我们向贫困妇女
We try to provide destitute women
提供法律援助的最佳人选
access to the very best legal counsel available.
目前 我们这只有你最合适
At the moment, the best counsel we have to offer Lacey Stubbs is you.
她刚从瓦利监狱移到加州监狱
She was just moved from Valley State to CWCF.
为什么
Why?
她被人强♥奸♥后转移的
She was moved after being raped repeatedly.
看守做的
By her guard.
你的意思 我不能拒绝
So you're saying, I can't refuse?
当然可以
Of course you can.
我也可以继续申请你暂缓上庭
And I can refuse to recommend you be taken off probation.
请您拿好 旅途愉快
You're all set, have a great flight.
当警♥察♥逮捕她时 她说是她做的
When the cops first arrested her, she said yeah...
她和她朋友去了受害者的家
She and her friend went over to the victim's house
用一根绳子和一把刀
with a rope and a butcher knife.
只是吓唬她 接着
But only to frighten her, and then...
事情就失去了控制
Later, things got out of hands
她用刀割了女孩喉咙
and whoops she accidentally slit the girl's throat.
情况变得很糟
Hate when that happens.
但后来 她改口供说是男朋友做的
Later, she changed the story and says the boyfriend did it.
看看她
Look at her.
她打扮成这样
Does she like to play dress up?
看着就不像正经人
It's a fucking freak show.
所有人都说是莱西做的
The DA's got the best friend saying Lacey did it.
男朋友说是莱西
The boyfriend saying Lacey did it,
即使受害者在她死之前也说是莱西
even the victim said Lacey did it, right before she died.
-脑子有些 -一定会输的
-The mind is like... -It's a loser.
来吧 凯特 你行的 你要相信自己
Come on, Cate. You're doing great, you really are.
我感觉糟透了
I feel like shit.
请您拿好
You're all set.
-谢谢你 -不用谢
-Thank you. -You're welcome.
感觉和事实是两回事
Feelings aren't facts.
抱一下
Give me a hug.
经常给我打电♥话♥ 好吗
Just call me, everyday. Okay?
好的
Yeah.
打开门
Hold the other gate.
嘿 白雪公主
Hey Snow White.
闭嘴
Shut up.
斯塔布 有人要见你
Stubbs, you got a visitor.
你为什么要申请上诉
You understand what a Habeas Petition is?
我认为 当什么都没有了的时候 你就
I think so, after you lose all your appeals, you go to the...
你去告诉法官
Essentially you're telling a federal judge...
你认为你的监禁是违反宪法的
That you believe your imprisonment was unconstitutional.
因为法♥院♥的宣判是 犯了一个法律或事实上的错误
Because the state court that convicted You made a legal or factual error.
我一直保存着事情经过的记录
I've been keeping list of all the mistakes.
你必须要让法官知道判决是错误的
You have to persuade the judge that there was significant trial error.
我没有杀人
I didn't kill Jen.
老实说 你有罪或无罪并不重要
Honestly, whether you're guilty or innocent is beside the point.
我怀孕的时候她和我男朋友搞在一起的
She went out with my boyfriend when I was pregnant.
我冲她大喊大叫 我拿刀吓唬她 但我没有杀她
I screamed at her, I said terrible things to her, but I didn't kill her.
那为什么你告诉警♥察♥说是你做的
So, why did you tell the cops that you did?
因为我不想孩子的爸爸被判死刑
Because I didn't want to send my baby's dad to the gas chamber.
后来 我发现他对我撒谎了
And then when I found out he lied to me about everything...
包括不爱我和孩子 我才说出了真♥相♥
Including never loving me or the baby, I had to tell the cops the truth.
真♥相♥是什么
Which is what?
我和多莉只是去吓唬她
Me and Dorrie just went over there to scare her.
但多莉失去控制
But Dorrie just lost it.
她把珍打的直叫 还狠狠推她
She was screaming in Jen's face and pushed her really hard.
珍的头撞破了
Jen hit her head.
我曾想拉住她 但是
And I tried to pull her off, but...
她晕过去了
She was just gone.
她用刀划破了她的脖子
She was straddling her and hacking off her head with a butcher knife.
到处都是血
There was all this blood...
我跑出去告诉罗斯 他说会处理好的
I ran outside to tell Rusty, he said he'd take care of it.
而几分钟后 他们跑了出来
And a couple minutes later, they came running out...
告诉我上车
And told me to get in the car.
那么是罗斯杀了她
So, Rusty killed her?
他为什么要这样做
And why would he do that?
她说他强♥奸♥了她
She was telling everyone he raped her.
他怕她会报♥警♥
He was afraid that she'd press charges.
是真的
Was it true?
他强♥奸♥了她
That he raped her?
罗斯 在我们第二次约会时就强♥奸♥了我
Rusty, he raped me on our second date.
那么为什么多莉告诉警♥察♥说是你
So why would Dorrie tell the police that it was you?
是我告诉她的
Cause I told her to.
他在拖车里和我说 他会被判处死刑
We were in trailer, and he said that he'd get the death penalty.
如果是女的会判的轻
And they go lighter on a girl.
没想到 你翻供后悔啦
Unfortunately, when you changed your story...
你不要看不起我
You look at me like I'm shit, I'm not shit.
我也有生存的权利 不
Maybe I didn't do everything right...
也想去上大学和你一样有个完美的人生
Or go to college or have a perfect life like you.
但我有个孩子 我要照顾他
But I have a kid out there that I'm not raising because...
我的律师和他骗了我
My shitty lawyer and the DA fucked me over
无期就是我今后的生活
and gave me life without parole...
当时我不在现场的
When I wasn't even there.
我会看看你的笔记
I'll look at your list.
都摆好了
Getting everything organized?
我是打包
I'm packing.
去旅行吗
Taking a trip?
嗯 哼
Uh-uh.
我可以去吗
Can I come to?
只有我和爸爸还有蓝狗
Just me and daddy and blue dog.
我有一个房♥间和一个彩虹鱼
I'm gonna have a rainbow room and a fish.
听起来不错
That sounds nice.
我们需要坐飞机
We have to take a plane.
你的彩虹房♥间
To your rainbow room?
爸爸的新工作
For daddy's new job.
爸爸有一个新的工作
Daddy has a new job?
嗯哼 西雅图
Uh-um, in Seattle.
-你永远见不到她了 -我得照顾她
-You never see her anyway! -I see her!
你不是压力大就是忙于工作
电影精选列表