M·R·詹姆斯鬼故事圣诞特别篇《塔木德律书》
约翰?
John?
小姐您可算来了
You came quick.
- 他们说他时日无多了 - 正是
- They said it would only be a matter of hours. - Aye.
老爷的“11”浮现了
His elevens are up.
- 你说什么? - 老爷的“11”
- I beg your pardon? - His elevens.
他脖子后面的肉凸出来,活像数字“11”
Flesh on the back of his neck standing out like the number eleven.
那是死亡的标志,老奴对此颇为清楚
That's the mark of death,I know it well.
请恕老奴直言。。。
He won't last the night...
恐怕老爷熬不过今晚了
That's my opinion.
您是不是还挺期盼的,小姐?
I imagine you has expectations,eh, missus?
盼着老爷仙逝,您就可以搬过来了吧?
Of moving in here,when the master's gone?
唔,我们。。。有个协议
Well. We have...an understanding.
我舅舅总是让我相信房♥子产权
My uncle has always led me to believe that the estate
会由我表哥约翰和我平分
will be divided equally between my cousin John and myself.
噢,是吗?呵呵呵
Oh, aye?
尽管讨论这种事情很不雅
Though it's in very poor taste to discuss such things.
尤其在这个时候
At a time like this.
他不会介意的,这个老恶魔!
He won't mind. The old devil!
刚嫂!
Mrs Goundry!
噢,老奴知道老爷是个牧师,但他就是恶鬼投胎!
Oh, I know he's a parson,but he's the very devil!
老奴最清楚了,给他当牛做马那么多年
I should know. Slaving and doing for him all these years.
报应,他报应临头了,不是吗?
Still. He's got a reckoning coming soon, in't he?
真是举头三尺有神明啊
With the Almighty.
不知道是哪路神仙显灵
Or someone else.
玛丽?
Mary?
玛丽,是你吗?
Mary, is that you?
是的,舅舅,是我
Yes, Uncle. It's me.
您需要什么吗?
Is there anything that you need?
我快不行了,玛丽
I'm dying, Mary.
坐近点,玛丽
Come closer, Mary.
有些事情必须得告诉你了。。。。
There's something you must know...
二十年后
您好久没来敝馆了,先生
Long time since your last visit, sir.
嗯,确实
Yes, indeed.
我来贵馆找一本书
I have here the title of a book.
一本。。。
A book I...
我想要的书
want.
灯光不太好,你瞧
The light is very bad, you see,
我在这楼梯上爬上爬下的时光中
and to go traipsing up and down stairs at my time of life,
- 我想。。。 - 我理解,先生,我把它当作日常的磨练
- I wonder... - I quite understand, sir.I find it a daily trial myself.
噢,你应该听听我弯腰时膝盖的响声
Oooh, you should hear my knees when I bend down.
- 是啊,是啊... - 像开枪一样
- Yes, yes... - Like pistol shots.
请问这里有人能帮我找一下这本书吗?
I wonder, is there anyone who could go and find the book for me?
呃?嗯。。。
Eh? Um...
就这小伙子吧,是咱们大学里的一个学生,先生
Ah, just the fellow.One of our students, sir.
他勤工俭学
Paying his way through the university.
- 加勒特先生! - 在
- Mr Garrett! - Yes.
你可以抽空帮一下这位先生吗?
Have you a minute to help this gentleman?
- 非常乐意,烟鬼 - 艾?
- With pleasure, Sniffer. - Eh?
呃。。。霍奇森先生
Um...Mr Hodgson.
这位先生来找一本书
Gentleman here's after a book.
唔,那他可来对地方了
Well, he's come to the right place.
好吧,《塔木德:律书》
Right, "Talmud: Tractate Middoth.
“尼德斯注解版,阿姆斯特丹,1707年”
"The commentaries of Nachmanides,Amsterdam, 1707."
这本书是讲什么的?
And what's that when it's at home?
是希伯来作品集,霍奇森先生
It's a collection of Hebrew writings, Mr Hodgson.
噢,颇有异国情调
Oh. Very exotic.
我想我能很轻松地找到它
I think I can find this easily enough.
噢,您就只要这个版本吧?
Oh, I suppose it's that edition you want?
就这一个版本
That and no other.
不要出错
If it's no trouble.
当然不会
None at all.
我由衷感谢
Much obliged, I'm sure.
我去去就来
Won't be a moment.
怎么了?
Well?
- 我很抱歉,那本书借出去了 - 什么?你确定?
- I'm so sorry. The book's out. - Out? Are you sure?
唔,我看见一位先生从书架上把书拿走了
Well, I saw a gentleman take the book off the shelf.
一位先生?他。。。
A gentleman? What...
。。。他长什么样?
...what was he like?
噢,矮个子,穿着件大衣
Oh, shortish. In a sort of cloak.
老式着装,像个牧师
Old-fashioned. Like a priest.
如果您不介意等的话,他马上就会下来
If you don't mind waiting,he'll be down in a minute.
我保证他很快就会过来,也许他会把书让给您
I'm sure he'll be here in a bit and maybe he'll let you have the book.
不,不,我不。。。
No, no. I won't...
我。。。我等不了,谢谢
I...I can't wait now, thank you.
不,火车,你懂的,我要赶路了。。。
No. Train, you see. I must catch...
我会回来的,明天来
I'll be back. Tomorrow.
对,明天
Yes, tomorrow.
好的,我会准备好的。。。
All right. I'll have it ready if...
他来得太迟了,不是吗?
Shouldn't have left it so late,should he?
在搞什么,哥们?
Something the matter, chum?
噢,没事,没事,乔治
Oh, no. Not really, George.
我只是觉得自己好傻♥逼♥
Just that I feel such a bloody fool.
哦?
Oh?
一位先生来借这本书
A gentleman was after this book.
我告诉他书被借走了,但其实书就在这
I told him it was out and here it is.
这就尴尬了!
Large as life!
是我的错
My mistake.
不过说来也好笑
Funny, though. Hmm?
我都没见他下来
I've not seem him come down.
你瞧见了吗?
Did you see him?
一个老头,穿着大衣,秃头,长得像个牧师?
Old man in a cloak, bald,had the look of a vicar?
不好意思,我刚才聚精会神
I fear I was too immersed
在看《但以理书伪经》,哥们儿
in the Apocrypha of the Book of Daniel, chum.
反正你也找到了
Well. You've found it now.
我确信咱们这位客人会在合适的时候再来的
I'm sure our customer will be back for it in his own good time.
- 什么味啊? - 是啊
- What's that? - Yes.
我也闻到了,前几天就闻到了
I've noticed that too.Last couple of days.
我还以为是你的。。。。
I assumed it was your...
别赖我,我这是电子烟斗
Not guilty. Ready rub.
闻起来不是很清新,是吧?
Doesn't smell too healthy, does it?
嗯。。。
Hmmm...
灰尘吗?
Dust?
嗯,奇怪的灰尘
Hmm, rum sort of dust.
啊!今天好早啊,先生?
Ah! Early start today, sir?
那本书在了吗?有了吗?
You have it? You have the book?
您一定会觉得我有点傻,您贵姓。。?
You're going to think me a bit dim, Mr...?
埃卓德,为什么这么说?怎么了?
Eldred. Why? What's happened?
怎么了?
What's...wrong?
噢,昨天书根本没有被借走!
Well, it hadn't been taken out at all!
如果您不介意等的话,我现在就去拿
If you don't mind waiting,I'll go and fetch it now.
噢,抱歉
Oh, sorry.
打扰一下
Excuse me.
请问您。。。。
Are you...
准备借走那本书吗?
Will you be taking out that book?
楼下有位先生
It's just that there's a gentleman downstairs
非常渴望。。。借走它。。。
who's very keen to borrow...that...
岂有此理!
This is intolerable!
怎么了先生?
Sir?
走到图书馆那一头要这么久吗?
Is it a long way to that part of the library?
- 嗯? - 咱们那位小伙计呢?
- Hm? - Where our friend is?
噢,唔,唔。。。我刚才被一些乐事儿走神了
Oh. Well, well...I was thinking myself it was a bit funny.
那小伙平时干活挺麻溜的
That young fella's very swift as a rule.
我看看能不能把他变出来
I'll just see if I can conjure him up.
- 你说什么? - 我打电♥话♥催一下,先生
- I beg your pardon? - On the telephone, sir!
啊,加勒特先生在你那吗?
Ah, is Mr Garrett up there with you?
你什么...?
You what...?
嗯。。。
And...
噢,佛祖啊。。。好吧
Oh, dear... Right.
唔,谢谢你
Well, thank you.
电影精选列表