那是1789年。
The year was 1789.
这一天和平常没什么两样。
The day was like any other day.
这个男人和其他男人一样。
The man like any other man.
只有时间才能证明这一点。
Time alone was to prove the difference.
那天早晨,这个人出现在山顶上,骑马进入我们的山谷,这标志着一切的开始。
The morning this man appeared at the top of the hill and rode into our valley marked the beginning.
最后,我意识到,在这一天之前,我身上从来没有发生过什么真正重要的事情。
And in the end, I was to realize that nothing really important had ever happened to me before this day.
我认识这个陌生人,就像没有人认识他一样。
I was to know this stranger as no one else was to know him.
据说每个人都有两面性:
It's been said that every man has two sides:
他展现给世人的一面,他展现给他爱的女人的一面。
The side he shows to the world, and the side he shows to the woman he loves.
这是我命中注定要看到的一面,这是开始的一天。
This was the side I was destined to see, and this was the day of the beginning.
你想要什么?
What do you want?
对不起,夫人。
I beg your pardon, ma'am.
我是……我在找唐纳森寡妇。
I was... I was looking for the widow donelson.
我妈妈不在这儿。
My mother isn't here.
我叫安德鲁·杰克逊,是约翰·奥弗顿的朋友。
My name's Andrew Jackson, and I'm a friend of John overton's.
哦!约翰跟我们提过你。
Oh! Well, John's told us about you.
你是他的新合伙人。
You're his new law partner.
是的,女士。
That's right, ma'am.
约翰说你租给他的小木屋里有间空房♥间,所以我从纳什维尔骑马过来看看你能不能考虑让我也住进去。
John said there was an empty room in the cabin you rent him, so I rode out from Nashville to see if you'd consider taking me in, too.
我不是故意偷看的,夫人。
I didn't mean to peep, ma'am.
哦,没关系。
Oh, that's all right.
你吓了我一跳。
You just startled me.
但是我妈妈今天下午晚些时候才回来。
But my mother won't be back until late this afternoon.
她去纳什维尔了。
She's gone into Nashville.
有一个空房♥间,但是……我一直住在红小母牛旅馆,如果你知道我对旅馆里的吵闹和油腻的桌子有多厌倦,我会……
There is an empty room but... I've been staying at the red heifer inn, and if you knew how tired I was of the brawling and the greasy tables in that inn, I'd...
我很荣幸能加入这个家庭。
I'd sure consider it an honor to join this family.
但我不是这里的女主人,杰克逊先生。
But I'm not mistress of this station, Mr. Jackson.
这是我母亲必须做出的决定。
That's a decision my mother would have to make.
我跟印第安人打过仗,而且我是步♥枪♥的神枪手。
I've had experience fighting Indians, and I'm a crack shot with a rifle.
天知道我们可以利用这里所有的保护措施。
Well, heaven knows we can use all the protection we can get out here.
同时,我性格安静,爱好和平。
At the same time, I'm quiet and peace-loving.
嘿嘿嘿!
Heh heh heh!
你为什么不带上你的鞍囊去约翰的小屋等我妈妈回来呢?
Why don't you just take your saddlebags over to John's cabin and wait for my mother to get back?
如果你愿意,你可以留下来吃晚饭。
You can stay to supper if you'd like.
说实话,我希望你能邀请我。
I was frankly hoping you'd invite me.
好吧,肯定有很多。
Well, there's bound to be plenty.
我妈妈去接我的两个妹妹了,所以今晚的晚餐算是家庭团聚。
My mother's gone to fetch my two sisters for a visit, so supper tonight is sort of a family reunion.
你迷信吗?
Are you superstitious?
不。为什么?
No. Why?
今天是星期二,对吗?
Today's Tuesday, isn't it?
是的。
Yes.
你知道吗,所有对我有利的事情都是我从周二开始的。
You know, everything that ever turned out right for me was something I started on a Tuesday.
你的背景里有爱尔兰血统。
There's Irish in your background somewhere.
在某个地方,但我脸上看不出来。
Somewhere, but it doesn't show in my face.
有人告诉我,我的脾气就是这样。
It does in my temper, I'm told.
这是我父亲在这里建造的第一个地方。
This is the first place to be built here by my father.
这是我住过的最漂亮的小屋。
It's about the prettiest cabin I was ever in.
在红色小母牛旅馆之后,任何地方对你来说都是宫殿。
Anything would look like a palace to you after the red heifer inn.
这是约翰表哥的房♥间,这间是空的。
This is cousin John's room, and this is the one that's vacant.
好吧,嗯,我去打开一些东西,把它们放好。
Well, um, I'll just unpack a few possessions and put 'em away.
如果你妈妈不同意,我就悄悄地回来,把它们塞回我的鞍囊里。
Then if your mother says no, I'll come quietly back and slip 'em back into my saddlebags.
我应该提醒你的。
Oh, I should've warned you.
这门框不是为高个男人建造的。
This door frame was never built for a tall man.
不。门没有问题。
No. The door's all right.
我的身材不适合开小门。
My frame just wasn't built for a small door.
你确定你没受伤吗?
Are you sure you didn't hurt yourself?
两个车头都没有损坏。
No damage to either headway.
你听到铃♥声♥就过来。
Well, you come over when you hear the bell.
嘘!嘘!
Shh! Shh!
嘘!好好吃你的晚餐吧。
Shh! Now eat your supper nicely.
看着他们慢慢吃,molmols。
See that they eat slowly, moll.
我不希望今晚有生病的孩子在这里。
I don't want any sick children here tonight.
Yessum。
Yessum.
简,如果你和玛丽再有孩子,我不知道该把他们安置在哪里。
Jane, if you and Mary have any more children, I don't know where we'll put them.
你最好建个大点的小屋,妈妈,因为我自己也打算有几十个。
Well, you just better build a bigger cabin, mother, because I plan to have a few dozen myself.
donelson家的女人通常都这样。
The donelson women usually do.
这位客人呢,瑞秋?
Where's this guest, Rachel?
他会和约翰表哥一起过来。
He'll be coming over with cousin John.
他是谁,瑞秋?
Who is he, Rachel?
他叫杰克逊。
His name's Jackson.
他是约翰的新合伙人。
He's John's new law partner.
今天下午他骑马出去,看妈妈是否愿意把约翰小屋的另一间房♥间租给他。
He rode out this afternoon to see if mother would rent him the other room in John's cabin.
他长得怎么样?
What's he like?
哦,他很高,举止像个绅士,而且他跟印第安人打过仗。
Oh, he's tall, he acts like a gentleman, and he's had experience fighting Indians.
嗯。印度士兵?
Hmm. Indian fighters?
他们通常是爱吵架的人。
They're usually quarrelsome men.
哦,不,他很安静。
Oh, no, he's peaceful and quiet.
你怎么知道的?
How could you tell that?
他这么告诉我的。
He told me so.
嗯哼!我最好现在就警告你,安德鲁,如果你不准时到donelson妈妈家你就没饭吃了。
Ahem! Well, I might as well warn you right now, Andrew, when you're not on time at mother donelson's you don't get fed.
今晚要养活的人太多了,不能等了,约翰。
Too many mouths to feed tonight to wait, John.
大家都见过我的新合伙人了吗?
Well, has everybody met my new law partner?
不。杰克逊先生,这是我妈妈。
No. Mr. Jackson, this is my mother.
全坎伯兰最漂亮的女人。
And the finest woman in the whole cumberland.
你好,女士。
How do you do, ma'am?
-还有我妹妹简。-最漂亮的。
- And my sister Jane. - The prettiest.
-我妹妹玛丽。-最甜的。
- My sister Mary. - The sweetest.
-我哥哥塞缪尔。-最好斗的。
- My brother Samuel. - The fightingest.
-还有我弟弟威廉。-最固执的。
- And my brother William. - The stubbornest.
至于我,我是最饿的。
And as for me, I'm the hungriest.
请坐,杰克逊先生,请自便。
Do sit down, Mr. Jackson, and help yourself.
这些是我和简的。
And these belong to Jane and me.
你的丈夫今晚在哪里?
Where are your husbands tonight?
首页
Home.
有一群印第安人在抢我们的路,所以我们把孩子们安排在这里待一两天。
There's a band of marauding Indians out our way, so we packed the children over here for a day or two.
现在我们可以留下来参加塞缪尔的生日派对了。
Now we can stay for Samuel's birthday party.
听你这么说我很高兴。
Well, I'm mighty glad to hear that.
有一段时间,我很害怕我必须和安德鲁跳舞。
For a while, I was afraid I'd have to dance with Andrew.
你在纳什维尔很久了吗,杰克逊先生?
Have you been long in Nashville, Mr. Jackson?
不久,夫人。
Not long, ma'am.
上个月,当约翰提出要和我搭档时,我把我的法律书搬到了纳什维尔。
Last month, when John offered to go partners with me, I just shifted my law books to Nashville.
杰克逊先生,你处理什么类型的法律案件?
What sort of law cases do you handle, Mr. Jackson?
为什么,安德鲁刚刚解决了这个地区有史以来最大的损害赔偿诉讼之一。
Why, Andrew just settled one of the biggest suits for damages this territory ever had.
告诉他们,安德鲁。
Tell 'em, Andrew.
哦,我觉得女士们不会…是的,他们会的。
Oh, I don't think the ladies would... Yes, they would.
这个案子是关于什么的,杰克逊先生?
What was the case about, Mr. Jackson?
好,…我的一个客户跟人打架,耳朵被咬掉了。
Well, a... a client of mine got into a fight and had his ear bitten off.
安德鲁用他的耳朵换了四美元现金,他得到了一半。
And Andrew got him four dollars cash for his ear, of which he gets half.
真的有可能咬掉一个人的耳朵吗?
Is it really possible to bite a man's ear off?
瑞秋,我觉得我们不应该在餐桌上讨论这个话题。
Rachel, I don't think it's a subject we should pursue at the table.
你说得很对,夫人。
You're quite right, ma'am.
杰克逊先生,你是法♥院♥的正式成员吗?
Are you attached to the court here officially, Mr. Jackson?
安德鲁拥有司法部长这个冠冕堂皇的头衔。
Andrew carries the highfalutin title of Attorney General.
司法部长?
Attorney General?
这是什么意思?
What does it mean?
意思是他为国家起诉罪犯…当他找到他们的时候。
Well, it means that he prosecutes criminals for the state... When he can find them.
其他时候,我就像其他律师一样,拼命找案子。
Other times, I'm justlike other lawyers, scratching mighty hard for cases.
有两美元现金,他就可以提前付一个月的伙食费。
And with two dollars cash, he can pay a whole month's board in advance.
我觉得唐纳森夫人还没决定,约翰。
I don't think Mrs. Donelson's quite decided yet, John.
妈妈,塞缪尔说他昨天看见一些印第安人在山上鬼鬼祟祟的。
Mother, Samuel said he saw some Indians lurking around in the hills yesterday.
我们应该有更多的保护。
We ought to have more protection.
杰克逊先生,如你所见,这个车站的妇女和儿童比较多,而男人比较少。
Well, Mr. Jackson, as you can see, we're long on women and children at this station, short on men.
如果你能忍♥受我们,我们很高兴你成为我们家庭的一员。
If you can endure us, we'd be glad to have you as part of the family.
好的,谢谢你,女士。
Well, thank you, ma'am.
谢谢你!晚饭后我马上去把我的鞍囊打开
Thank you. I'll go right over and unpack my saddlebags aflersuppen
两边是一样的。
Sides the same.
头朝前,转过去。
Heads fonnard, cross over and turn about.
两边是一样的。
Sides the same.
正面四分,侧腹后仰。
Head fours, fonnard and back.
两边是一样的。
电影精选列表