"你幸福吗"
The question of happiness
这一难题已经困扰了 哲学家 诗人
has preoccupied philosophers, poets
和医药公♥司♥上千年之久
and pharmaceutical companies for thousands of years.
显然 这是个棘手的问题
Clearly, it's a tricky one.
当我三年前从设计学院毕业时
When I graduated from design school three years ago,
我有个明确的计划
I had a definite plan.
在家窝几个月 设计出一件旷世神作
Couple months at home, put together a kickass portfolio,
然后征服整个曼哈顿
then I'd take Manhattan by storm.
橘子
这就是我的家
And here is home.
新泽西州 西橘子镇
West Orange, New Jersey.
不错吧
Nice, huh?
好吧 我知道这不是曼哈顿 但如我所说 这只是暂时的
OK, it's not Manhattan, but, like I say, it's temporary.
我在这儿与两个家庭一起长大
I grew up here with two families.
另一个是他的最佳损友特里 穿蓝衣的是我爸
That's my dad in blue, and that's his best friend, Terry.
他们形影不离
The Inseparables.
他们总是一起慢跑 一周三次风雨无阻
They go jogging together three times a week without fail.
如时钟般精准
You can set your clock by it.
你可以说这儿的生活很可靠
You could say life in the Oranges is dependable.
我真不敢相信你竟然逼着我跑步
I can't believe you made me do this.
一小时后见 对你胃口有好处
Good for your appetite. See you in an hour.
你可以指望特里对任何东西都有个小配件
You can depend on Terry to have a gadget for everything.
跑了1.2英里 只歇了两次
Walked 1.2 miles. Only stopped twice.
真不错 亲爱的
That's great, honey.
你也可以指望凯茜
And you can depend on Cathy
从来听不进他说的半句话
to never hear a single word he says.
把你的单车放进车♥库♥
Make sure you put your bicycle in the garage.
再把猪肉从雪柜里拿出来 亲爱的
And pull the pork out of the freezer, honey.
街对面就是我家
Across the street, our house.
每一年我妈花在她颂歌♥团的时间
Every year, my mom gets more involved
逐年增加
with her carolling group.
他们从八月开始排练
They start rehearsing in August.
铃儿响叮当
Jingle bells Jingle all the way...
而每一年我爸也恨他们更多一点
And every year, my dad hates them a little bit more.
好吧 我还在这儿 比原定计划落后了几年
OK, sure. I'm still here. I'm a few years behind in my plan.
但这事儿可急不得
But you can't rush these things.
旷世神作必须得完美无缺 是吧
Portfolios need to be perfect, right?
再说了我还有份家具店的日间工作 所以...
Plus I have a day job working in furniture, so...
所以在我看来 一切仍在掌握之中
...as far as I was concerned, everything was on track.
祝你生日快乐
Happy birthday to you...
直到发生了那件事情
That is, until what happened... happened
尼娜 奥斯特罗夫
Nina Ostroff.
当这一切发生时 她还远在
When all this started, she was at a safe distance,
3000英里之外的旧金山
3, 000 miles away in San Francisco.
祝你生日快乐
I Happy birthday to you. I
许个愿吧 宝贝儿
Make a wish, babe.
而我则是我们父母例行的
And I was the fifth wheel
周六♥四♥人行的第五者
to our parents' regular Saturday foursome.
再说一遍
Say it again.
好吧
OK.
敲打白桦树(英法混合 实在不懂啥意思)
Un coup de birch.
嘿 梵尼
Hey, Vanny.
我看过一篇非常有趣的文章
I read the most interesting article
叫做 宜家的阴谋
called 'The IKEA Conspiracy',
你肯定会很感兴趣
which you'd be really fascinated by.
- 这篇文章讲的是一个... - 特里
- What it imagines is a... - Terry?
我们得打电♥话♥给尼娜了 我们约好了九点半
We need to call Nina. We said 9:30.
就去
I'm on it.
凡妮莎 你去看过利堡的那间单人房♥了吗 利堡同为美国新泽西州东北部城市
Vanessa, did you look at that one-bedroom in Fort Lee?
看过 就跟地下室里的壁橱一样
Yeah. It was, um, like a closet in the basement.
没什么是完美的 宝贝儿
There's always something, honey.
别这么挑剔 金无足赤
Don't be so choosy. Nothing's perfect.
那儿只有一扇窗户
There was, you know, one window.
- 帕吉 我跟你说过... - 都透不过气来了
- Paige, did I tell you... - No room to breathe.
...琼·马斯哈克是那的中介商吗
...that Joan Marshack was the listing agent on that?
大卫 你肯定会喜欢这玩意的
David, you are going to really love this.
这音箱能跟我的手♥机♥无线连接
This speaker box communicates wirelessly with my cell phone.
猜猜我在哪看到的
And guess where I read about it first.
消费者报告 多亏了这订阅
'Consumer Reports'. Thank you so much for the subscription.
- 我老爱看这个了 - 您真是生产商的福音啊
- I'm really enjoying it. - You are consumingly welcome.
我都不用把手♥机♥掏出来
I don't even have to take my cell phone out of my pocket.
看好了
Watch.
打给尼娜
Dial Nina.
请重复请求
Please repeat request.
打给尼娜
Dial Nina.
也许你的裤子挡住了信♥号♥♥
Maybe your pants are blocking the signal.
我的裤子是棉的
They're cotton.
尼娜的手♥机♥ 拨号♥中
Nina's cell phone, dialling.
尼娜是他们的女儿
Nina - their daughter and my best friend
也是我从出生起到高中最好的朋友
from ages 0 to high school.
我们经常花上好几个小时计划我们的大逃离
We spent hours together planning our big escape.
我要去纽约生活
I'm gonna live in New York.
还有巴黎
And Paris.
我要做一名大厨 有无数的爱人
And I'm gonna be a famous chef and have a million lovers
他们会带我游遍世界各地
who'll take me all over the world
这样我就再也不用回新泽西了
so I never have to come back to New Jersey again.
这里简直让人难以呼吸是吧
It's like there's no air here, right?
绝对的
Totally.
你也会来吧
You'll come too, right?
那必须的啊
Are you kidding?
直到大二
Until sophomore year,
她为了莉兹·盖恩斯和开心果帮抛弃了我
when she abandoned me for Liz Gaines and the Fun Bunch.
她还亲了彼得·弗特纳特并给他撸了一管
She also kissed and later gave a hand job to Peter Fortunate.
而我已经暗恋了他一个世纪
I'd been secretly in love with him forever.
接着就在她父母筹划着
Then, just as her parents were lining her up
把她送到宾州的一些二流大学时
at some lame college in Pennsylvania,
她却决定要周游世界
she decided she was going to travel the world.
起码是周游那些
Or at least those parts
她妈手♥机♥打不通的地方
that were out of her mothefs cell phone range.
喂
Hello?
生日快乐 小宝贝
Happy birthday, sweetie!
- 生日快乐 - 生日快乐 尼娜
- Happy birthday! - Happy birthday, Nina.
我们是大卫和帕吉 凡妮莎也在
It's David and Paige. Vanessa's here too.
是的 我在
It's true. I'm here.
嘿 伊森
Hey, Ethan.
好像是尼娜的天杀父母打来的
I think Nina's fucking parents are on the phone.
我不知道会有个趴体 这是个惊喜
I didn't know I was having a party. It was a surprise.
宝贝 我们听不清你说话
Honey, we can't hear you.
伊森给我办了个惊喜派对
Ethan threw me a surprise party.
太棒了
It's so great.
你们收到我发的照片了吗
Did you guys get the pictures I sent?
收到了
Yes, we did.
那些个小年轻还应该再在脸上多穿点孔
More young men should have earrings in their face.
什么 抱歉 我听不清 你开了扬声器吗
What? I'm sorry, I can't hear you. Am I on speaker?
尼娜 你什么时候飞回来过感恩节
Nina, what day are you flying in for Thanksgiving?
感恩节 妈...
Thanksgiving. Mom, um...
呃 感恩节我可能回不来了
Uh, I don't think I'm gonna make it for Thanksgiving.
伊森的摄影展就在下周 这事挺重要的
Ethan's photography show's next weekend, and it's a big deal.
宝贝 我们都两年没见过你了
Sweetie, we haven't seen you for two years.
- 你五年没回过家了 - 上次见面还是我们去看你的
You haven't been home in five years.
上次见面还是我们去看你的 那都是好久以前了
Since we visited you. That's a long time.
呃...
Um...
你能关了扬声器吗
Can you take me off speaker, please?
抱歉 宝贝 要想关了扬声器
Sorry, sweetie, I'd have to disconnect you
我还得先挂了电♥话♥ 太麻烦了
to take you off speaker - it's a very complex system.
好吧
OK.
听着 你们可能会不太高兴 不过...
Look, you're not gonna like this, but...
我和伊森要结婚了
Ethan and I are getting married.
他在他两星期前生日的时候求婚了
He proposed two weeks ago on his birthday.
他带我去了贝克海滩
He took me out to Baker Beach,
从那能俯瞰金门大桥呢
电影精选列表